Author Topic: Prometheus: Ridley Scott's Alien Prequel  (Read 102218 times)

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Prometheus: Ridley Scott's Alien Prequel
« Reply #1880 on: October 18, 2012, 03:15:45 pm »
Just watched the extras and the deleted scenes.

Very tempted to edit them into the film and cut it properly as there are some bits that do help the film along more.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1881 on: October 18, 2012, 04:42:41 pm »
If you found an alien with his head chopped off by a door then fuck it up with electricity, would you assume he was the only remaining specimen and go to pieces and get drunk?

I would personally, yes.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #1882 on: October 19, 2012, 11:47:21 pm »

Very tempted to edit them into the film and cut it properly as there are some bits that do help the film along more.

Which bits ?
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #1883 on: October 20, 2012, 10:17:06 am »

Need to watch those myself. I was hoping that on the BD version you would be able to start the film with the differant start/end include and not watch them as standalone extra's. This was the first BD I've purchased, maybe my expectatations are a little high!
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1884 on: October 20, 2012, 01:15:46 pm »
Which bits ?

Deleted scenes.

Personally thought th e other zombie fifield scene would have worked better as the movement is similar to the xenomorphs and would have tied into the universe better IMO.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1885 on: October 20, 2012, 01:20:35 pm »
Only got round to watching it earlier this week. Wasn't very good.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1886 on: October 20, 2012, 05:53:32 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/avXZVgzLP68" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/avXZVgzLP68</a>

Offline ShatnersBassoon

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1887 on: October 20, 2012, 10:00:56 pm »
Deleted scenes.

Personally thought th e other zombie fifield scene would have worked better as the movement is similar to the xenomorphs and would have tied into the universe better IMO.

what did they put on there? the CG mars attacks fifield?

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1888 on: October 21, 2012, 12:48:04 am »
what did they put on there? the CG mars attacks fifield?

Yep, personally prefer it.

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #1889 on: October 21, 2012, 02:16:10 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/avXZVgzLP68" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/avXZVgzLP68</a>

Yep, that pretty much sums it up.

Offline Thé_Ḓárk_P̌áşşéngér

• RAWK Revolutionary.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Guns don't kill people, chimps do!
« Reply #1890 on: October 21, 2012, 02:23:52 pm »
Only got round to watching it earlier this week. Wasn't very good.

I just came on here to say exactly that.
“Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple.”

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1891 on: October 21, 2012, 07:55:31 pm »
The whole, "Buy the Blu-Ray, and your Questions will be answered" is quite telling isn't it?

In the good old days, the used to just make films to put bums on seats and get you to see their next production.

This Prometheus Shit, is taking it to an all new level of shit!

I don't know what's worse, the film itself, it's marketting strategy, or the massive amount of crap reviews, expose's, secret videos and skits on Youtube. Their next step will be to intellectualise your thoughts on the film, so that if you do produce a youtube video, they'll get revenue from that.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1892 on: October 21, 2012, 08:04:20 pm »
The whole, "Buy the Blu-Ray, and your Questions will be answered" is quite telling isn't it?

In the good old days, the used to just make films to put bums on seats and get you to see their next production.

I don't know what's worse, the film itself, it's marketting strategy, or the massive amount of crap reviews, expose's, secret videos and skits on Youtube. Their next step will be to intellectualise your thoughts on the film, so that if you do produce a youtube video, they'll get revenue from that.

Totally agree.

'Questions will be answered...'  Like why the fuck did you make me pay to see a movie that makes no sense? Answer: so we can make you pay again to buy a DVD that actually explains it (maybe).

You misunderstand your role in all this. You're not an audience to be satisfied. You're a cash cow. There will e a complete version in the 10-disc metal box special edition. In the meantime get your card out and buy what you're told. Ridley needs the cash.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1893 on: October 21, 2012, 09:08:00 pm »
Watching it again with the missus. Ace.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1894 on: October 21, 2012, 11:54:49 pm »

Oh, nail on the head there. Thing is, it'll still shift by the truck load. It's like they knew they fucked it the first time round, so they release a DVD which you have to buy just to try and explain the mess they made without really ever explaining it, really. Ridley Scott is the new George Lucas.

Offline PROPER crazyemlyn72

• is Android
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1895 on: October 22, 2012, 12:03:44 am »

They're not riding me anymore. I went to see this shit at the cinema. From here on in it's torrents. They got money out of me already. Fool me once..........

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1896 on: October 22, 2012, 12:50:20 am »
Oh, nail on the head there. Thing is, it'll still shift by the truck load. It's like they knew they fucked it the first time round, so they release a DVD which you have to buy just to try and explain the mess they made without really ever explaining it, really. Ridley Scott is the new George Lucas.

It's all just so, so, so unfair *CRY* :(

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1897 on: October 22, 2012, 08:26:24 am »
It's all just so, so, so unfair *CRY* :(
It actually is a bit. I mean, I was hyped and everything. Got myself worked up for nout! Fuck you, Ridley!  :no

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1898 on: October 22, 2012, 09:05:15 am »
It actually is a bit. I mean, I was hyped and everything. Got myself worked up for nout! Fuck you, Ridley!  :no

:D

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #1899 on: October 23, 2012, 03:22:07 pm »
http://www.the-editing-room.com/prometheus.html

SCREENWRITER DAMON LINDELOF
Enough! You want answers? Fine! I will give you fucking answers! What’s the Black Goo? It’s MAGIC so SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT IT! What was Michael’s agenda? SUCK MY BALLS is what! Why did The Engineers create humans only to try and wipe them out? Because FUCK YOU THAT’S WHY! Have fun with your stupid Transformers and your PG-13 superhero movies, assholes!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 04:45:17 pm by Titi Camara »

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1900 on: October 23, 2012, 03:50:03 pm »

I think the least enjoyable aspect of this movie, has been reading the fans reactions to the movie. It's a bit unnerving that people can care so much about a movie franchise. It's so fucking anal it's untrue, pointing out a plot contrivance or something that a characters did that doesn't make sense as if it's the worst crime ever committed to cinema.

And now this dvd with all the extras just to rub it in. The horror of it all.

It's almost as if we weren't suppose to know all the answers and that they plan on making more movies, i think they call them sequels or something awful like that.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 03:52:34 pm by Bob Loblaw »

Offline Lee J

• As Streetwise As An Owl - Twat Twooooo! What garden? Likes to have his nuts felt, especially now he is Tufty The Squirrel.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
    • Work website
« Reply #1901 on: October 23, 2012, 07:16:25 pm »
Having watched it in 3D Imax when it was released I did enjoy it but was a little confused and a bit disappointed that I didn't fully understand it.  Then I made the mistake of following this thread and grew to dislike the film.  Then I watched it on the plane over to the States a couple of weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed it and wondered why I was confused at all.  The 3D blue ray was waiting when I got home and I'm looking forward to watching it again.  Andy, are you going the match Thursday?  We can discuss it then....
As a young man Cameron looked out on the social carnage of pit closures and mass unemployment, looked at Margaret Thatcher's government and thought, these are my people. When all the debating is done, that is really all I need to know.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1902 on: October 23, 2012, 07:26:14 pm »
Having watched it in 3D Imax when it was released I did enjoy it but was a little confused and a bit disappointed that I didn't fully understand it.  Then I made the mistake of following this thread and grew to dislike the film.  Then I watched it on the plane over to the States a couple of weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed it and wondered why I was confused at all.  The 3D blue ray was waiting when I got home and I'm looking forward to watching it again.  Andy, are you going the match Thursday?  We can discuss it then....

Oh yes :)

Offline Jazzmaster

• Farty, talkative doorstop.
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1903 on: October 24, 2012, 04:42:44 pm »
So 49 pages in and it's still utter shit yeah?

Offline Anwer

• off
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1904 on: October 24, 2012, 05:03:57 pm »
So 49 pages in and it's still utter shit yeah?

not utter shit, just mediocre
this is not a signature, go away

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1905 on: November 13, 2012, 08:40:46 pm »
Jon Spaihts' original script has leaked if anyone is interested. Now you can see how badly Lindelof ballsed it up :)

http://www.prometheusforum.net/Alien-Engineers.pdf
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline Casablancas

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #1906 on: November 13, 2012, 09:04:51 pm »
Original Holloway death scene would have been awesome.
Without the sunglasses, Weekend at Bernie's would have been a very dark, strange tale.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1907 on: November 13, 2012, 09:17:15 pm »
Watched it again on the way to the Middle East last week. Enjoyed it much more, maybe that was the booze but gonna get it on Bluray this weekend.

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #1908 on: November 13, 2012, 09:44:19 pm »
I've just watched Battleship for the first time, on iTunes. I never thought, in my wildest imagination, that this would rate higher than Prometheus in my 2012 lists  :o

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #1909 on: November 13, 2012, 10:23:36 pm »
Jon Spaihts' original script has leaked if anyone is interested. Now you can see how badly Lindelof ballsed it up :)

Thanks for posting that up.

Just finished reading it.

So much better, what a shame that wasn't the film.

Anyway, liked the early scene setting and the echoes of 2001 with the Weylands wheel.

p38 Much more realistic idea for the cameras rather than mysterious flying things.
p49 The Vickers David bit with protocol 2 established clarity of purpose.
p62 "Something different killed these" ....
p66 Customised bacteria
p69 The engineers aren't from here...
p71 The parasite.
p77 Oh yes, that's more like it.
p80 The juggernaut in a hanger.
p83 "David is off the reservation"...
p85 Proper Facehuggers!
p86 Oh yes. A white Goblin.
p90 Much more like a proper Alien film.
p91 Metamorphosis  (the change from the chestburster to Alien finally explained)
p103 Fifield!
p104 A better end for Vickers instead of the getting run over nonsense we ended up with.
P110 An Ultramorph!

A much better ending too with the beacons.

Honestly, this  would have explained so much (and that Prometheus was really a reference to David).

Why or why oh why.....this could have been so good. A tragic missed opportunity.

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Prometheus: Ridley Scott's Alien Prequel
« Reply #1910 on: November 13, 2012, 11:02:53 pm »
Yeah it certainly is better but I still don't really like the Ancient Astronaut nonsense. Also a fair bit of dreadful dialogue and silly plot points in there. I don't think it would've made a classic but it would've been superior at the least.

It's got the same basic structure as the finished film but all the little details are so much better. You can clearly see why there is a sense of muddled/weird logic in the film where they've changed things for no reason ie. they actually were on LV-426 which makes so much more sense.

And why did they change everything about the traditional xenomorphs so it became a neither here nor there mess, a sort of but not really prequel to Alien? It would've been so much more simple and elegant. It is especially annoying because they replaced those awesome creatures with the confusing super goo and a charmless, ugly space squid. What's the point in that? Why put it in the Alien universe and take out the best thing about it?

Ah well.
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline Flaccid Bobby Fowler

• Supports the No To Racism campaign. Good lad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • *****In Istanbul, we won it 5 times*****
« Reply #1911 on: November 14, 2012, 02:06:32 pm »

Always wondered how actors would say "I read the script and i was hooked" yada yada. I always thought of scripts like a book or novel, even with solid reading it would take at least 4/5 days for me to get through a really good book given the time etc. I have just read that script in less than 5 hours. crazy!

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1912 on: November 14, 2012, 02:20:18 pm »

You see, I don't blame Ridley Scott per se; I'm pretty sure the marketing executives and distribution big wigs who pushed for this.

It's just a bizarre set of circumstances to be honest, and this whole concept is ridiculous. The film, doesn't really feel like a film, it feels like a cut scene from a computer game, with the human interaction, cut out.

Looking on some forums, as another member here has said, is entertainment in itself. 

I mean, look at us, 70 or so pages later, and we're still discussing it.

For the record, I still think Jesus was an Alien.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #1913 on: November 14, 2012, 02:33:54 pm »
For the record, I still think Jesus was an Alien.

No, that was Andy from Allerton.

Alien script consultant on Prometheus.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1914 on: November 14, 2012, 04:44:26 pm »
No, that was Andy from Allerton.

Alien script consultant on Prometheus.

Hahaha, I wouldn't be surprised if he was in the group of scriptwriters.

That's another thing which is really beginning to piss me of, fucking group script writers.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1915 on: November 14, 2012, 08:34:32 pm »
Yeah it certainly is better but I still don't really like the Ancient Astronaut nonsense. Also a fair bit of dreadful dialogue and silly plot points in there. I don't think it would've made a classic but it would've been superior at the least.

It's got the same basic structure as the finished film but all the little details are so much better. You can clearly see why there is a sense of muddled/weird logic in the film where they've changed things for no reason ie. they actually were on LV-426 which makes so much more sense.

And why did they change everything about the traditional xenomorphs so it became a neither here nor there mess, a sort of but not really prequel to Alien? It would've been so much more simple and elegant. It is especially annoying because they replaced those awesome creatures with the confusing super goo and a charmless, ugly space squid. What's the point in that? Why put it in the Alien universe and take out the best thing about it?

Ah well.

Agreed - better, but still a bunch of arse. The shame is that the original space jockeys were an awesome creation as were the original xenomorphs. Turning the space jockeys into 'engineers' space suits to fut them into the sub-Von-Daniken bollocks is a massive waste.

The original Aliens combined the cold beauty of a shark and the mindless terrifying menace of a virus. Things that were pure predators and could have been explained through the process of evolution. Instead, they are reduced to the mundane and predictable - biological weapons... for fucks sake.

Prometheus reduces the Universe to human scale. Intelligent life can only be nurtured by humans (the Engineers are humans).
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #1916 on: November 16, 2012, 01:55:33 pm »
Prometheus reduces the Universe to human scale. Intelligent life can only be nurtured by humans (the Engineers are humans).

Correction, the engineers are human bodybuilders, with terrible interior decorating skills.
Actually come to think of it, if it weren't for that last part, the LV planet seems like an otherworldly gay commune!

Think about it: rubber fetish-wear, lots of urns, no women and overelaborate sleeping quarters.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 01:57:19 pm by lionel_messias »
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1917 on: December 6, 2012, 01:30:10 am »
« Last Edit: December 6, 2012, 01:32:31 am by Shauno »
Continually on 11,420.

Online Mercer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1918 on: December 24, 2012, 06:56:22 am »
Apologies for the bump.

Watched it last night for the first time. Most unimpressed. :(

I,d go as far as to say it was pretty shite. Really wanted to like it, as well...Bah humbug!

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #1919 on: December 24, 2012, 05:43:59 pm »
I watched it a month ago for the 2nd time since seeing it at the cinema on the 2nd day. Doesn;t get any better to be honest. The movie doesn't flow for me, like a lot of the scenes are tacked to together to try and force a story together.

Will get around to reading Spaights script later, but Honeysuckers post is making it look pretty ominous in something that we knew all along once reviews were filtering through after the premiere.

The movie makes little sense to me -  a waste of celluloid

Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.