Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Media and Arts / Re: Alan Partridge - including Alpha Papa
« Last post by Crosby Nick on Today at 02:45:22 pm »
Better than the Kate Bush medley? I think it might be!
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation
« Last post by cdav on Today at 02:43:18 pm »
How can you not see the reason why we got away with minimal net spend over last 9 years?

Klopp practically didn't make a single meaningful mistake in the market over that period. It's a small miracle, it's why we'll be crying our eyes out in few weeks.

We either need to keep finding managers who perform like this or we need to up our spending significantly so the managers who are only human can be allowed to make mistakes and still be successful.

Again you are focussing on the wrong thing to measure a team by- its not net spend but having top quality players in your squad. We need to add more good players- I don't care if they are on a free, cost £10m or £100m.

The squad for next season, before adding anyone, will be one of the best 3 squads in the league. We need to add 3 or 4 players to continue to replenish the quality of it.

Bringing it back on track to Slot, there is lots of low hanging fruit he can do outside of transfers to improve the chances of success- injury prevention, consistent selection of team, better set up to prevent counter attack and set piece goals conceded, etc
Media and Arts / Re: Alan Partridge - including Alpha Papa
« Last post by Crosby Nick on Today at 02:41:00 pm »
Cheers Nick :)

SO good!

It’s amazing! Must be about 20 years since I last watched it!

Also have a strange guilty pleasure crush on Rebecca Front. The intensity with the way he belts out the last bit!
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by SerbianScouser on Today at 02:40:34 pm »
Joyce says Hughes will be working on a contract extension.

Brilliant news!!
FUCK YES!!!!
The Boozer / Re: Struggling with depression
« Last post by Black Bull Nova on Today at 02:40:33 pm »
There are so many people who suffer in silence, you should never feel alone or that it's just you. Use these times to make yourself stronger. A tree develops strength from wind as long as it does not break and humans are just the same, make sure you don't break and understand there are places and people there for those that reach their tolerance limit.
« Last post by Dougle on Today at 02:39:21 pm »
Edwards offering Salah an extension does not mean that it would be a great offer. Maybe he will get a contract reflecting his current or expected future status as a player. And if Mo doesnt accept, would Edwards say no to offers from the saudis ?

Who's to say Mo would go if Edwards wants him out (i.e the money ?). The Saudi league is a nothing league, somewhere between a circus and a retirement home. That's the end of any meaningful football beyond playing for a perennially underachieving Egyptian national team.
No way Mo goes there next season. Maybe in 2 or 3 years time, maybe... In my opinion (as a know-it-all).
At least we should be able to enjoy what is left of the CL and Europa league ties.
Think i saw its Taylor reffing and another 'great' ref on VAR for the PSG semi final......so enjoyment might be a stretch
« Last post by Egyptian36 on Today at 02:38:09 pm »
Who else is to blame, if isn't the players. The team were in a great position and have fell apart over the last few weeks. The players are to blame, it's not scapegoating.

The blame is on everyone. The players, the manager to the club who failed to add a top DM since Tchouameni rejected us to to go to Real. Injuries didn't help too.
I just think that this whole club and team is dangerously in Jurgens image now.
It's massively optimistic to think that you remove him and we're still naturally going to be in the top four teams, no matter the squad, or the manager. We have no idea how many of those players are playing at their level mainly for him and his coaching staff. Yes, it's a great place to start off, compared to a lot of new managers squads, but it might take us a while to remove the Klopp backpack.
« Last post by Black Bull Nova on Today at 02:37:42 pm »
Hmmmm.

Yeah.

I'm sure he is.

This is a game of poker and you offer Mo a "not that brilliant" contract extension.

See what happens next 👀.

Yeah, the offer will be based on what he will be worth, not what he was worth. It all comes down to how much Mo feels he is worth. If there is agreement, OK, if not it's up to Mo, if he feels he is worth more to others and fancies a change then he'll go.

I want him to stay as long as he wants to stay (for more reasons than just money)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10