Author Topic: Westworld - HBO's next thingamajig  (Read 98695 times)

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Westworld - HBO's next thingamajig
« Reply #640 on: April 24, 2018, 05:17:43 am »
Spoiler
How is it that Charlotte knew the park better than Bernard? How could she have an entire lab down there collecting guests' experiences and DNA without Ford knowing? Or did he know and just let Devos carry on without caring? Perhaps it added to his misanthropy and motivation to bring the hosts to consciousness?

Also, "doesn't look like anything to me". Wonderful stuff, expertly delivered.
[close]
Spoiler
I think two different timelines are shown again. The robot Bernard doesn't know about all of those labs, as we saw last season.
[close]

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #641 on: April 24, 2018, 05:34:56 am »
Loved that premiere. The stakes feel so much higher this season, there's actually a fear that the characters you like could die at any moment, which wasn't there in S1.

Spoiler
How is it that Charlotte knew the park better than Bernard? How could she have an entire lab down there collecting guests' experiences and DNA without Ford knowing? Or did he know and just let Devos carry on without caring? Perhaps it added to his misanthropy and motivation to bring the hosts to consciousness?

Also, "doesn't look like anything to me". Wonderful stuff, expertly delivered.
[close]

Spoiler
My guess is that Ford knew about it. The young Ford robot that approaches William/Man in Black in this episode was a lot more advanced than when we saw it in S1, it was speaking with a mixture of the voice of young and old Ford, and also had knowledge of William and what he wanted from the park, as well as what the new narrative was. He probably used whatever that tech is to add more of his current self into the old build.

Another interesting point on that is WHY they're collecting that data. We know that it's mostly the rich and powerful that visit the park, so maybe they're planning on killing those in high places and replacing them with bots they control, therefore giving Delos control of.. everything? Even in the real world.
[close]

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #642 on: April 24, 2018, 08:09:55 am »
I'm so glad this is back on, one thing I'm confused about;

Spoiler
How can the hosts guns now kill people? I remember they used to shoot a kind of 'buck shot' which would penetrate when they shot other hosts but wouldn't harm humans.

Now they're shooting the guests all over the place.

Also looks like there's no chance of Ford coming back, looking at that rotting corpse.

[close]
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #643 on: April 25, 2018, 08:13:38 am »
I'm so glad this is back on, one thing I'm confused about;

Spoiler
How can the hosts guns now kill people? I remember they used to shoot a kind of 'buck shot' which would penetrate when they shot other hosts but wouldn't harm humans.

Now they're shooting the guests all over the place.

Also looks like there's no chance of Ford coming back, looking at that rotting corpse.

[close]
Bernard says in the barn that ford must have done something so they think all people are hosts. How the technology works that hosts' bullets can tell the difference i dont know.

Spoiler
they also confirmed delos have been taking people's DNA and last season we had a human come back as a host. Still not ruling out a bost ford. :D
[close]
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 08:16:58 am by Chris~ »

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #644 on: April 25, 2018, 04:13:08 pm »
Bernard says in the barn that ford must have done something so they think all people are hosts. How the technology works that hosts' bullets can tell the difference i dont know.

Spoiler
they also confirmed delos have been taking people's DNA and last season we had a human come back as a host. Still not ruling out a bost ford. :D
[close]
Spoiler
I wonder whether 'Ford' has used his DNA in a host and comes back in a completely different body or as the CGI younger version they used in the first series.
[close]
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #645 on: April 25, 2018, 08:06:30 pm »
Spoiler
I wonder whether 'Ford' has used his DNA in a host and comes back in a completely different body or as the CGI younger version they used in the first series.
[close]

I am wondering if 
Spoiler
The hosts printed off a load of new bodies to put into the lake/sea,they certainly had plenty of time 11 days & where is Charlotte ?
[close]
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #646 on: April 26, 2018, 04:00:06 pm »
I am wondering if 
Spoiler
The hosts printed off a load of new bodies to put into the lake/sea,they certainly had plenty of time 11 days & where is Charlotte ?
[close]
Spoiler
Their plans sounded a lore anarchic than trying to sneak out undetected. Delores was talking about taking over the outside world so I'm not sure they'd try and disguise the fact they've escaped.

I'm interested to know what Delores was told the host had found towards the end....The man in black? Delores dad who they hid the code in during series 1?
[close]

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #647 on: April 26, 2018, 11:12:08 pm »
Spoiler
Their plans sounded a lore anarchic than trying to sneak out undetected. Delores was talking about taking over the outside world so I'm not sure they'd try and disguise the fact they've escaped.

I'm interested to know what Delores was told the host had found towards the end....The man in black? Delores dad who they hid the code in during series 1?
[close]

Spoiler
What better way to do that than to fake their own deaths though.Bernard knew that an army was on its way so I have a suspicion that he has done something to Charlotte and then warned them,had he not then wherever he went she would've followed.

No way would he have killed them all like he claimed he thought he had.

Who knows,either way it was a great opener.
[close]

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #648 on: April 27, 2018, 01:59:43 pm »
Just about to watch s2 episode 1. Looking forward to it.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #649 on: April 30, 2018, 02:51:00 am »
Spoiler
Am hoping that Simon shows his face and that his part in ep1 wasn't a one off 
[close]

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #650 on: April 30, 2018, 08:14:43 am »
Jonathan Tucker!
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #651 on: April 30, 2018, 10:59:49 am »
Spoiler
Am hoping that Simon shows his face and that his part in ep1 wasn't a one off 
[close]

Looks like they have signed up a few stars for one off cameos.

Spoiler
[close]

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #652 on: April 30, 2018, 11:47:47 am »

Looks like they have signed up a few stars for one off cameos.

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Hanzee from Fargo Season 2 and Mother Superior from Trainspotting
[close]
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #653 on: April 30, 2018, 04:54:54 pm »
Just so I have it straight in my head...

Spoiler
We have three timelines now...or so it appears...

Young bitter Billy after his visit in the park, who is now ruthless.

Bernard two weeks after Ford's death with the angry baldy.

Everything else happening immediately after Ford's death and in those two weeks.

[close]
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #654 on: May 1, 2018, 12:04:22 pm »
I'm shit with names on most shows so remind me please who's Billy?
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #655 on: May 1, 2018, 12:07:30 pm »
I'm shit with names on most shows so remind me please who's Billy?

Younger Ed Harris.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #656 on: May 1, 2018, 01:13:14 pm »
Spoiler
So the area that young William took Delores to in the park which was under construction looked to be the same place as the lake/river in episode 1 which had all the dead hosts in it?

Delores later said she'd been shown a weapon and she was going to use it to kill all the humans, she must have been talking about that lake?

[close]

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #657 on: May 1, 2018, 01:29:18 pm »
Spoiler
So the area that young William took Delores to in the park which was under construction looked to be the same place as the lake/river in episode 1 which had all the dead hosts in it?

Delores later said she'd been shown a weapon and she was going to use it to kill all the humans, she must have been talking about that lake?

[close]

Dunno if it's there but there are a few all on their way to the same place now.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #658 on: May 2, 2018, 02:51:14 am »
Spoiler

[close]

That would be my reading of it too.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #659 on: May 2, 2018, 02:52:24 am »
Spoiler
Enjoying the new series so far, I was wondering if they killed off the robots in the lake who had not reached a stage past how a robot thinks. after all in that video she killed that warrior and said not all of us will make it behold the valley. And makes me believe they may go down the Futureworld route when the company was replacing the rich, the famous and world leaders with robots as they visited the park or at least use all the dark stuff they did to blackmail them.   
[close]
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #660 on: May 2, 2018, 10:57:55 am »
Younger Ed Harris.

Thought so but his name is William unless bitter Billy is some kind of an expression I am not aware of  ;D

Online Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #661 on: May 2, 2018, 12:30:13 pm »
Just so I have it straight in my head...

Spoiler
We have three timelines now...or so it appears...

Young bitter Billy after his visit in the park, who is now ruthless.

Bernard two weeks after Ford's death with the angry baldy.

Everything else happening immediately after Ford's death and in those two weeks.

[close]

Here's a link which explains the various timelines, updated with the latest from S2E2 (plenty of spoilers for new viewers obviously)

http://collider.com/westworld-timeline-explained/
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #662 on: May 2, 2018, 01:23:29 pm »
Here's a link which explains the various timelines, updated with the latest from S2E2 (plenty of spoilers for new viewers obviously)

http://collider.com/westworld-timeline-explained/
Nice one, thanks Phil!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #663 on: May 2, 2018, 01:28:14 pm »
Thanks for that Phil, I almost literally had no idea what timelines were going on  :wave
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #664 on: May 2, 2018, 01:52:02 pm »
Yes, it is great. There is also a link at the bottom saying it's renewed for a third series, so good news there aswell.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #665 on: May 2, 2018, 01:54:00 pm »
Aye that's a good read. Think I had most of that down in my head but that confirmed bits I wasn't sure on.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #666 on: May 7, 2018, 03:34:27 pm »
Series 2 episode 3.

Spoiler
I love the fact at the beginning of 3 they drop you straight into a park world you knew nothing about
[close]

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #667 on: May 7, 2018, 06:11:48 pm »
Series 2 episode 3.

Spoiler
I love the fact at the beginning of 3 they drop you straight into a park world you knew nothing about
[close]

Did you pick up on the tune ?

Was a very good episode,my favorite line was  "She has a dragon".

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #668 on: May 7, 2018, 06:12:46 pm »

Everything is better with seven nation army
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #669 on: May 7, 2018, 06:32:02 pm »
Everything is better with seven nation army

Hearing it brought a smile to my face,I liked how they added the base from the original to the Djawadi version.The Sitar is a wonderful instrument.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zjupARl4QX0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zjupARl4QX0</a>

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #670 on: May 8, 2018, 02:45:06 am »

No I didnt get the tune......It was driving me mad at the time, but I just couldn't get it.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #671 on: May 8, 2018, 09:03:21 am »
Thought ep3 tied quite a few things together nicely. Loving Sizemore this season ;D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #672 on: May 8, 2018, 12:15:39 pm »
No I didnt get the tune......It was driving me mad at the time, but I just couldn't get it.

The base gave it away for me,watched with the headphones as the missus was asleep and I woke her up humming away  ;D

Offline Saul Goodman

• Superfluous apostrophe's are us
  • Legacy Fan
  • Better call Saul!
    • Better Call Saul.
« Reply #673 on: May 8, 2018, 10:33:27 pm »
After not liking the opening episode to this season, I must say it has improved hugely since.

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #674 on: May 10, 2018, 08:39:17 am »

Reading some of the comments on here , thank fuck I'm not the only one occasionally confused as to what's going on !  :)

Might have to rewatch S1 to get back on track.
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #675 on: May 10, 2018, 09:50:56 am »
Reading some of the comments on here , thank fuck I'm not the only one occasionally confused as to what's going on !  :)

I'm having to go back and read that timeline post on the previous page after every episode :lmao

And I'm still confused. Good though.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #676 on: May 10, 2018, 02:45:02 pm »

Watch a recap of it on youtube.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #677 on: May 11, 2018, 03:38:07 pm »
Sky did a one hour recap show - was quite good prior to series two
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #678 on: May 12, 2018, 11:28:09 am »

Jimmi Simpson does a top 6-minute recap here...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zwqfoTOdXL4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zwqfoTOdXL4</a>

and Alt Shift X (the guy who does the superb Game Of Thrones episode explanations), now also does Westworld too...

https://www.youtube.com/user/JaiWbio/videos
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 12:52:38 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #679 on: May 12, 2018, 11:34:20 am »

We watch each episode twice now ...the time jumps can quickly throw you...missus has also started re watching S1...Ive watched it twice and only realised second time who young William was......and  it doesnt help necking a bottle of wine during it either! :D