Author Topic: Pete Doherty  (Read 19461 times)

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
Re: Pete Doherty
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2011, 07:52:23 pm »
Put me into the category of “bellend” then. Unsurprisingly this thread has descended into a justified character assassination of the fucking little disgusting parasite. The little sponger is a c*nt! And anyone who does this deserves all the abuse he gets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDI9icmwe48
Me too, and that vid just about sums the c*nt up..

Offline loveisreal

• manloveisrealtoo. Takin' Bascombe to taskombe.
  • Kopite
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2011, 07:52:39 pm »
Ok lets ignore his drug use, where is he talented?

deptford, catford, walford, digbeth, mansfield

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2011, 07:53:07 pm »
Ok lets ignore his drug use, where is he talented?

another quick reference to drug use - any fans of Keith Richards on here ?

As i said i "accidentally" saw him a few years back, solo playing acoustic guitar and signing and was very surprised at how good he was, shades of Ray Davies. I was at Glastonbury, i.e. plenty else to see, i'd have walked away if he had been shite.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2011, 07:55:46 pm »
another quick reference to drug use - any fans of Keith Richards on here ?

As i said i "accidentally" saw him a few years back, solo playing acoustic guitar and signing and was very surprised at how good he was, shades of Ray Davies. I was at Glastonbury, i.e. plenty else to see, i'd have walked away if he had been shite.

I can play guitar far better as im sure a few well known Rawkites can too. The ability to play makes you physically talented, doesnt make your music any good though.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2011, 07:59:31 pm »
I can play guitar far better as im sure a few well known Rawkites can too. The ability to play makes you physically talented, doesnt make your music any good though.

fair point, i guess it's all very subjective

Mark Knopfler is a very good guitarist, but (In my opinion) his music is awful
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2011, 08:01:40 pm »

Many guitarists from the Punk era were shite too, does that make the likes of the Sex Pistols, New York Dolls and Ramones shite?

His guitar playing isn't his strength, that's not where his talent particularly lies. Its with his writing.

But we wont agree, fancy people having different views on music eh whoda thunk it.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2011, 08:02:52 pm »
fair point, i guess it's all very subjective

Mark Knopfler is a very good guitarist, but (In my opinion) his music is awful
Although I'm not a massive fan of Knopfler or Dire Straits, I'd class their music as music and not fucking shite.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2011, 08:05:03 pm »
pfftt... what are you into?
Mescalin and teenage brownies.

And thats not the name of groups by the way.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2011, 08:05:13 pm »
Many guitarists from the Punk era were shite too, does that make the likes of the Sex Pistols, New York Dolls and Ramones shite?

His guitar playing isn't his strength, that's not where his talent particularly lies. Its with his writing.

But we wont agree, fancy people having different views on music eh whoda thunk it.

But his writing is shite too.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2011, 08:14:11 pm »
But his writing is shite too.

Subjective though isnt it. In your opinion it's shite, in mine he has the same quality Morrisey (im not too keen on his music post the smiths or even him as a person but I appreciate his writing) does to be able to see past the world in front of him and elevate the most mundane and downtrodden of subjects.

Horses for causes.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2011, 08:38:32 pm »
I spose. But its 3rd rate playschool lyrics.

Offline mattsant

• Legacy Fan
  • SOS #9517
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2011, 08:44:06 pm »
Seen him before and his music is decent, most musicians are pricks.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2011, 08:44:45 pm »
Seen him before and his music is decent, most musicians are pricks.
u calling me a prick?

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2011, 08:45:27 pm »
I spose. But its 3rd rate playschool lyrics.

3rd rate? Oh fuck off.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2011, 08:46:36 pm »
3rd rate? Oh fuck off.

sorry. 4th rate.

Offline rednich85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2011, 08:48:33 pm »
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline mattsant

• Legacy Fan
  • SOS #9517
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2011, 08:49:55 pm »
u calling me a prick?

Nahh, just the rock n roll stars who have hammered the drugs and spout there mouths, Borrell, Liam Gallagher, Doherty...

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2011, 08:52:26 pm »
Nahh, just the rock n roll stars who have hammered the drugs and spout there mouths, Borrell, Liam Gallagher, Doherty...

Yea, they are real rock and roll

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2011, 09:11:15 pm »
Dont really get why there is such a strong dislike for him over other shit out there. Live and let live.

I think he's ok, obviously pretty misguided but I like some of his stuff.

Offline Moldyman

• Heart and soul, one will burn.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2011, 02:19:48 am »
He's sound. Had some very nice things to say about LFC too. He might be a junkie and he might be a bit too immersed in the 'rock and roll lifestyle' but he is a decent bloke for all intents an purposes. The abuse he gets on here is unwarranted, is it fair to hate him because he has addictions he can't control?

His music is very hit and miss, but still give me Doherty over 99% of the shite beaming through the airwaves on a daily basis and I'd be happy enough.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2011, 02:21:41 am »
I'm totally shocked he's still alive.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2011, 02:22:34 am »
I'm totally shocked he's still alive.

you are shocked, and im gutted.

Offline Moldyman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2011, 02:39:49 am »
you are shocked, and im gutted.

why do you hate him so much?

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2011, 02:41:51 am »
why do you hate him so much?

Cos i find him so very over rated and i honestly think he is talentless.

Offline Dowling10

• Busted
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scousers rule the country.
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2011, 02:45:17 am »
He's talented. It's obvious he's talented.

If you think he's a c*nt or whatever that's upto you, but he's wrote some of the best music in the best 10-15 years. The Libertines gear is boss.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2011, 02:48:22 am »

If you think he's a c*nt or whatever that's upto you, but he's wrote some of the best music in the best 10-15 years. The Libertines gear is boss.

Has he fuck. he is a c*nt thats obvious, but to say he has written some of  the best music in the last 15 yrs tells me you need as much help as him.

Offline Moldyman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2011, 02:50:13 am »
Fair enough, music is subjective blah blah blah etc etc. He clearly has a loyal fanbase who will pay money to see him so I say goodluck to him. We all make shit decisions sometimes and he made his when he took up the smack. Bit much to be gutted he is still alive?

Offline Dowling10

• Busted
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2011, 02:51:54 am »
Has he fuck. he is a c*nt thats obvious, but to say he has written some of  the best music in the last 15 yrs tells me you need as much help as him.

Not really like, some of The Libertines stuff is quality. Your hatred of him seems to blind you of his talent. You can't say he's talentless. Well you can like I suppose, upto you. I just think he's a brilliant song writer and his Libertines stuff is boss.

Musics about opinions, each to their own.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2011, 02:55:16 am »
Not really like, some of The Libertines stuff is quality. Your hatred of him seems to blind you of his talent. You can't say he's talentless. Well you can like I suppose, upto you. I just think he's a brilliant song writer and his Libertines stuff is boss.

Musics about opinions, each to their own.

its not just hatred. Im a far more talented musician than that skank. I just never got the break.

Offline Dowling10

• Busted
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2011, 02:58:58 am »
its not just hatred. Im a far more talented musician than that skank. I just never got the break.

Fair do's my friend. I've just seen in the cheesy thread you don't like Oasis either. So our music opinions differ mate. You got any stuff of yours to listen too?

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2011, 03:03:48 am »

Well that shows you how shit the music industry has been in the last 10-15 years..

Offline Dowling10

• Busted
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2011, 03:09:51 am »
Well that shows you how shit the music industry has been in the last 10-15 years..

Agreed. I still think The Libertines stuff is boss regardless. I enjoy what I enjoy, and I happen to enjoy The Libertines. Regardless of how much of a prick he is. I also like Dirty Pretty Things, so maybe it's more Carl? Who knows, who cares.

Offline CarlitoB

• [color=white]CT fucked about with in unoriginal manner.[/color] Likes to brew up a storm in a teacup... (no one died in the making of this CT)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2011, 03:11:35 am »
Our paths have crossed, on occasion.  He's less than a nobody in person.

Personally the bloke doesn't even register when it comes to music.
"God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven. I can't live with that."

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2011, 03:25:38 am »
Granted lyrics are pretty subjective generally, and what someone thinks is poetry someone else will think is utter gash. I have enough trouble with them myself, and I'm pretty sure a lot of people here wouldn't exactly love Mischief Brew lyrics...

So, with all that in mind... Pete Doherty is a talentless c*nt who writes utter gash. I wish he'd vomit blood into his twattish hats and then someone would drown him in them
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2011, 03:35:10 am »

So, with all that in mind... Pete Doherty is a talentless c*nt who writes utter gash. I wish he'd vomit blood into his twattish hats and then someone would drown him in them
Lock thread..

Offline Dowling10

• Busted
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2011, 03:43:16 am »
Lock thread..

That's it then. A few RAWK regulars think he's talentless. So he's talentless, yeah.

Offline rednich85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2011, 03:49:13 am »

Of course you're more talented.

Poor fucking you

@rednich85

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2011, 03:58:58 am »
That's it then. A few RAWK regulars think he's talentless. So he's talentless, yeah.
That's about it.. :wave

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2011, 05:07:07 am »
Hasn't he actually cut down his drug habit of late or something ?  I don't really know because in all honesty, I'm not interested in anyone's personal life but even if he hasn't, I don't see how you could hold an addiction against any person.  Addictions follow a complex neurological mechanisms and as someone who has spent the last year and a half trying to quit the smokes, I for one will never hold someone's addictions against the person. 

But leaving his heroin fuelled debauchery aside, the talk about him being talentless is laughable.  As for SHF claiming he is more talented than Doherty, fucking hell. 
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2011, 06:25:49 am »
Im not claiming i am more talented, i am not. I am stating it. I have played for years and could wipe my arse with that twats ability.