Author Topic: Oz  (Read 12099 times)

Offline wacko

• Keepsh a shecret gottle of Shcotch in hish top drawer. Cunning linguist and ical genius
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Oz
« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2010, 05:44:18 pm »
How far through are you mate? I don't know Omar so you're obviously further than me.

Final season now. I might just finish it tonight.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Offline ianfb25

• Legacy Fan
  • KK7
« Reply #81 on: June 3, 2010, 10:47:37 pm »
Final season now. I might just finish it tonight.

What did you reckon mate? Most thought the later seasons were weake than the first which I would agree with, still top quality though.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #82 on: June 3, 2010, 10:50:00 pm »
What did you reckon mate? Most thought the later seasons were weake than the first which I would agree with, still top quality though.

I'm just through season 3, worried at the speed I'm getting through them as I know I'll have that 'no-more The Wire' like void
in my life when I get to the end.

It's engrossing as I've said before, the consistency of the acting and the ever twisting storyline just keeps you hooked.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline wacko

• Keepsh a shecret gottle of Shcotch in hish top drawer. Cunning linguist and ical genius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: June 3, 2010, 11:05:44 pm »

It was good, like. You're right: the earlier seasons were better, but it was still great. Adebisi, man.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: June 3, 2010, 11:08:47 pm »
It was good, like.

Just good? I think it's top notch, fantastic series but I am only halfway through.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline wacko

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: June 4, 2010, 12:11:51 am »
Just good? I think it's top notch, fantastic series but I am only halfway through.

Oh it is. Just the last seasons were still good compared to the earlier ones, which were fucking brilliant.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: June 4, 2010, 12:18:12 am »
Oh it is. Just the last seasons were still good compared to the earlier ones, which were fucking brilliant.

Good to hear, cheers mate.

Who was your favourite character, without giving away any potential spoilers?

Offline wacko

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: June 4, 2010, 12:23:14 am »
Good to hear, cheers mate.

Who was your favourite character, without giving away any potential spoilers?

As I said earlier, Adebisi and Omar White. Especially Omar, the fucking loon. Keller is another brilliant character, but he appears later.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: June 4, 2010, 12:33:31 am »
As I said earlier, Adebisi and Omar White. Especially Omar, the fucking loon. Keller is another brilliant character, but he appears later.

Am at the end of series 3 so Keller is very prominent, I haven't encountered Omar yet though, sounds interesting.

Offline wacko

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: June 4, 2010, 12:40:51 am »
Am at the end of series 3 so Keller is very prominent, I haven't encountered Omar yet though, sounds interesting.

Omar's just a great character, wonderfully acted.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: June 4, 2010, 01:31:23 am »
Omar's just a great character, wonderfully acted.

Spoiler
Haha just put in series 4 episode one and The Wire cast has shown up in Oz. We had Avon, then Bodie and Carver, now Cedric Daniels and Herc aswell.
[close]

Offline wacko

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: June 4, 2010, 04:45:22 pm »
Spoiler
Haha just put in series 4 episode one and The Wire cast has shown up in Oz. We had Avon, then Bodie and Carver, now Cedric Daniels and Herc aswell.
[close]

Lol. I'm just watching season 2 of The Wire now, so it's the other way round for me.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: June 4, 2010, 04:50:51 pm »
JK Simmons is amazing.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: June 4, 2010, 04:55:54 pm »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: June 4, 2010, 05:00:59 pm »
Definitely.

I was...

Spoiler
..sad when he died, even though he was quite the evil one
[close]

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: June 4, 2010, 05:04:11 pm »
I was...

Spoiler
..sad when he died, even though he was quite the evil one
[close]

I shouldn't have looked at that.  :butt

Offline wacko

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: June 4, 2010, 05:17:00 pm »
I shouldn't have looked at that.  :butt

Lol.

Simmons is fucking brilliant. Loved him in Spider Man, too.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: June 4, 2010, 05:22:03 pm »
I wonder if you could get a scarf for each of the respective gangs?

I found the Homeboys the most lovable. It was probably because they were the softest of the main gangs.

Offline Crazyhorse7778

• Legacy Fan
  • VICTORY!!!
« Reply #98 on: June 4, 2010, 05:58:43 pm »
I always had a soft spot for the O' Reily Brothers as well, especially Ryan. He always seemed to be able to manipulate people to get what he wanted, the sneaky bastard.
anyone know what actually happened to ribery's face?
Just a routine tackle by Skrtel

Offline ianfb25

• Legacy Fan
  • KK7
« Reply #99 on: June 4, 2010, 08:30:29 pm »
I always had a soft spot for the O' Reily Brothers as well, especially Ryan. He always seemed to be able to manipulate people to get what he wanted, the sneaky bastard.

An amazing character, loved him. Adebisi too, in fact the majority of them. A show way ahead of its time, sums up HBO, I could watch this again tomorrow from start to finish. Immense stuff, really is. Im trying to get a couple of mates from work to watch it, their gonna try it after the World Cup when Im gonna give it a second spin myself.

Utter genius, really is. Could not recommend highly enough.

Offline tinner777

• give me some sugar
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: June 4, 2010, 09:13:45 pm »
An amazing character, loved him. Adebisi too, in fact the majority of them. A show way ahead of its time, sums up HBO, I could watch this again tomorrow from start to finish. Immense stuff, really is. Im trying to get a couple of mates from work to watch it, their gonna try it after the World Cup when Im gonna give it a second spin myself.

Utter genius, really is. Could not recommend highly enough.

as i've already said

Spoiler
the end, like wtf, fucked it right up for me, up to then defo up there with the wire, shield and sopranos
[close]

Offline ianfb25

• Legacy Fan
  • KK7
« Reply #101 on: June 4, 2010, 09:17:56 pm »
as i've already said

Spoiler
the end, like wtf, fucked it right up for me, up to then defo up there with the wire, shield and sopranos
[close]

Spoiler
Agreed it wasnt the best, but I have also seen a lot worse. Thought there were also a few very nice toucher in the finale, Tom Fontana being the last guy in Oz for example, just small things like that. Parts of it did seem rushed, but then I think its hard to criticise a show thats been that solidly immense prior. Know where your coming from though.
[close]

Offline wacko

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: June 5, 2010, 12:53:32 am »
Spoiler
Agreed it wasnt the best, but I have also seen a lot worse. Thought there were also a few very nice toucher in the finale, Tom Fontana being the last guy in Oz for example, just small things like that. Parts of it did seem rushed, but then I think its hard to criticise a show thats been that solidly immense prior. Know where your coming from though.
[close]

The only problem with the finale is the extraordinarily high standard they set themselves beforehand.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: June 5, 2010, 01:09:52 am »

Kareem Said and Adebisi are fascinating characters.

Offline wacko

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: June 5, 2010, 01:23:46 am »

Wait for Omar White. Brilliant character.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: June 5, 2010, 01:29:34 am »
Wait for Omar White. Brilliant character.

"Omar coming.."  ;D

Offline Ginamos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: June 5, 2010, 12:50:46 pm »
After reading this thread just downloaded Season One, must be about 10 years ago since I last saw it, so I doubt I'll remember much.

Offline 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: September 1, 2010, 09:26:12 am »

Agree with this, I bought season 1 and 2 a week or so ago and am half way through season 2 atm, trying to pace it so that its not watched too quickly. Definitely going to buy the rest of the seasons. I was dubious at first due to the way the video is letter boxed on your screen, and it's quite clearly dated, though this all becomes irrelevent.

I download a lot of things but for quality entertainment like The Wire and OZ I really don't mind paying, and like having the full set of each on DVD as part of my collection :wave
« Last Edit: September 1, 2010, 09:27:55 am by 5BigCups »

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: September 1, 2010, 11:41:06 am »
I download a lot of things but for quality entertainment like The Wire and OZ I really don't mind paying, and like having the full set of each on DVD as part of my collection :wave

Yeah same here mate.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: September 1, 2010, 12:43:42 pm »
My fav character for his pure nastiness was Robson the Aryian.

Spoiler
Was disappointed when he turned into Wolfgang Cutlers Bitch. Then cheered when he promptly killed Cutler.  Robsons story in the last season of Oz was quite a sad one really.  But one bad fucker during the first 5 seasons!
[close]

Offline Ginamos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: September 1, 2010, 12:48:45 pm »
My fav character for his pure nastiness was Robson the Aryian.

Adebisi for me was the nastiest badass, absolutely no redeeming characteristics, outstanding performance from Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje.

Schillinger was pretty evil, but at least he loved his kids, in a fucked up way.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönċld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #111 on: September 1, 2010, 12:51:30 pm »
Adebisi for me was the nastiest badass, absolutely no redeeming characteristics, outstanding performance from Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje.

Schillinger was pretty evil, but at least he loved his kids, in a fucked up way.

yeah Adebisi is a nice guy  :)

Offline 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: September 1, 2010, 01:04:22 pm »

I was shocked to find that he's actually English, given the way he acted in this and Lost. Boss actor

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: September 1, 2010, 01:06:00 pm »
Timmy Kirk was another fucked up character. He really got into he head of Jaz Hoyt (just gotta love his Tatts!)

As someone else has pointed out - Adebesi deserves maximum respect just for the way he balances that tiny hat on his bald head.  ;D

Not watched Oz for years but its all coming back to me now!!

Offline wacko

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: September 2, 2010, 12:14:01 am »
I was shocked to find that he's actually English, given the way he acted in this and Lost. Boss actor

And a lawyer...

Brilliant actor.

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #115 on: March 8, 2012, 10:56:10 pm »
Been watching it again with the lady. Fucking boss show.
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #116 on: March 9, 2012, 10:09:26 am »
I've watched all 6 seasons - love em.

The Aryan Brotherhood fellas, Vern Schilllinger and his Evil sidekick Robson are the baddest bastards i've seen in a TV series.
Nah.Simon Adebisi,hand's down,evil bad mofo.Every time i see  J.K. Simmons in the Spiderman film's all I see is the Nazi ,burning a swastika into Beecher's arse.Brutal TV.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2012, 02:50:09 pm by dave 5516 »
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: March 9, 2012, 01:24:34 pm »
Been watching it again with the lady. Fucking boss show.

It is amazing and up there with the best series ever made imo.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #118 on: March 9, 2012, 01:54:04 pm »
I watched this last year. It's very entertaining.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #119 on: September 18, 2012, 08:18:28 pm »
Just started watching, half way through S1. Enjoying it so far.