Author Topic: Any Springsteen fans?  (Read 216441 times)

Offline andym41

• Kopite
  • Done the treble
Re: Bruce Springsteen
« Reply #200 on: December 4, 2007, 12:36:16 pm »
New dates announced for 2008:

28th May Old Trafford
30th May Emirates
14th June Millennium Stadium

Tickets on sale at 9 am tomorrow morning on www.ticketline.co.uk and probably all other agencies.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #201 on: December 4, 2007, 01:29:07 pm »

28th May Old Trafford
30th May Emirates

Tickets on sale at 9 am tomorrow morning on www.ticketline.co.uk and probably all other agencies.

Any ideas on prices?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Captain-Carra

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Norbert Klopp. The Boss.
« Reply #202 on: December 4, 2007, 02:00:19 pm »
Thunder Road might be the greatest song ever.
I second that
"The major civilising force in the world is not religion, it's sex." - Hugh Hefner

Offline Red Star

• Kopite
« Reply #203 on: December 4, 2007, 02:33:21 pm »

28th May Old Trafford
30th May Emirates

You can buy RIGHT NOW at this link:-

http://www.ticketzone.co.uk/indevent.cfm?groupcode=gr121

Daft sods have enabled it a day early ;)

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: December 4, 2007, 07:03:08 pm »
nice one! just got a manchester ticket.

Offline hooded claw

• Foiled by the Anthill Mob
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #205 on: December 4, 2007, 07:23:57 pm »

Just got 2 for the Millennium. Never seen him before, and he's the last left on my 'Bands to see before I die' list.  ;D

Offline andym41

• Kopite
  • Done the treble
« Reply #206 on: December 4, 2007, 08:50:03 pm »

Just got a couple for Manchester as well  ;D

Offline Des Lynam

• Left at half-time
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hi, Des here.
« Reply #207 on: December 4, 2007, 09:35:53 pm »
How reliable is ticketzone?

I normally use ticketmaster or see tickets....is it trust-worthy?

Any feedback would be welcome :)
I should have been at work. Make of that what you will.

Offline james_f

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: December 4, 2007, 10:07:56 pm »
How reliable is ticketzone?

I normally use ticketmaster or see tickets....is it trust-worthy?

Any feedback would be welcome :)

I used them for Ricky Gervais tickets once, no problems at all.

Offline Reddave7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #209 on: December 4, 2007, 10:37:50 pm »
You can buy RIGHT NOW at this link:-

Daft sods have enabled it a day early ;)

Thanks very much for this mate. Got 4 for the emirates earlier 8)
RAWK Premier League Prediction Champion 08, 09
RAWK European Prediction Cup Champion 09/10

Offline andym41

• Kopite
  • Done the treble
« Reply #210 on: December 8, 2007, 11:42:57 am »

Has anybody who bought through ticketzone had an email confirmation from them - I havent seen anything and also nothing has been deducted from my credit card yet.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #211 on: December 8, 2007, 11:51:29 am »
Has anybody who bought through ticketzone had an email confirmation from them - I havent seen anything and also nothing has been deducted from my credit card yet.

I had the mail (check your trash maybe).

I phoned today as no charge and they said they have not charged any tickets for Springsteen yet - will do this weekend!
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Walshy7

• metete un palo por el culo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Its evolution baby
« Reply #212 on: December 16, 2007, 07:05:39 pm »
if anyone has two spares for the emirates let me know please
'You two scousers are always yappin, im gonna teach you some serious rappin, i come from Jamaica my name is john barnes, and when i do my thing the crowd go bananas'

Offline andym41

• Kopite
  • Done the treble
« Reply #213 on: December 20, 2007, 08:59:00 am »
if anyone has two spares for the emirates let me know please

Got a mail today saying that there has been a new date added at the Emirates - May 31st.

Tickets on sale this morning from 10am.

Offline james_f

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: December 21, 2007, 07:54:28 pm »
Anybody go to the gig at the o2 then?

I went, thought it was absolutely awesome. Definitely one of the best gigs I've been to and definitely worth the admission price. There was a good balance of songs from his new album mixed with She's The One, Lonesome Day, No Surrender, Born To Run, Jungleland and even Santa Claus Is Coming to Town. Unfortunately there was no The River but beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

If you haven't got tickets fro next year get yourself some. You won't regret it.

Offline Walshy7

• metete un palo por el culo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Its evolution baby
« Reply #215 on: December 23, 2007, 02:27:22 pm »
Got a mail today saying that there has been a new date added at the Emirates - May 31st.

Tickets on sale this morning from 10am.

yeah thanks, got sorted
'You two scousers are always yappin, im gonna teach you some serious rappin, i come from Jamaica my name is john barnes, and when i do my thing the crowd go bananas'

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #216 on: December 23, 2007, 10:24:35 pm »
Just got mine for the Copenhagen gig on june 29th. It'll be a blast! it's almost to the date 19 years ago I went and saw my first show with him in the same arena...

Merry Christmas everybody! ;D

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #217 on: December 23, 2007, 10:35:49 pm »
Has anyone else said the single, the one that goes on about "girls in their summer clothes" sounds like Ian McNabb doing Scott Walker doing The Who "The Kids are alright" ?....nice song though!

Offline omerta

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
    • radiofc.com
« Reply #218 on: January 10, 2008, 12:04:36 pm »
Belfast was excellent - anyone else on here go?

Highlights for me were "Reason to Believe", "Kitty's Back" and "The River" but I couldn't really fault the gig or the setlist.  Not many artists can incorporate so much of their latest album and make them stand up against hits from 25 or 30 years ago.  The sound in the Odyssey is fantastic and you can bring in your beer too - wonder will the barn that is the Point match it when it reopens...
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it"  George Bernard Shaw

radiofc.com | last.fm | soundcloud | @radiofc

Offline CarraIsBoss

• Legacy Fan
  • FTHC
« Reply #219 on: January 12, 2008, 01:00:35 am »
I am just discovering the boss. Got Nabraska and The Seeger Sessions. Frank Turner wrote on his forum "seeger sessions was absolute fucking genius from start to finish, in my opinion. there's a lot of bruce out there, if you're not currently a fan (i was a late starter myself). fuck all the "born in the USA" shit, get Nebraska, Devils & Dust and Ghost Of Tom Joad and listen to the absolute fucking Don of American country / folk at work"

So I gave him a listen and it's superb. Frank Turner is covering Thunder Road here http://www.hippieburner.com/index2.html fantastic. Check him out seriously, i think he's amazing.
So if ever a man should ask you for your business or your name
Tell him to go and fuck himself, tell his friends to do the same

Offline omerta

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
    • radiofc.com
« Reply #220 on: January 15, 2008, 04:39:12 pm »
buy "Born To Run" and "Darkness on The Edge of Town" but from what I am reading I think you are more of Bob Dylan fan and you will also like Nick Drake, John Martyn and Tom Waits (Closing Time is an essential purchase)
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it"  George Bernard Shaw

radiofc.com | last.fm | soundcloud | @radiofc

Offline Rhaegar21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: January 15, 2008, 06:03:53 pm »
I am just discovering the boss. Got Nabraska and The Seeger Sessions. Frank Turner wrote on his forum "seeger sessions was absolute fucking genius from start to finish, in my opinion. there's a lot of bruce out there, if you're not currently a fan (i was a late starter myself). fuck all the "born in the USA" shit, get Nebraska, Devils & Dust and Ghost Of Tom Joad and listen to the absolute fucking Don of American country / folk at work"

So I gave him a listen and it's superb. Frank Turner is covering Thunder Road here http://www.hippieburner.com/index2.html fantastic. Check him out seriously, i think he's amazing.

He's amazing. Always seems to speak straight into my soul.

Nebraska and Ghost of Tom Joad are superb, as is Tunnel of Love. I prefer Springsteen in his quieter moments. Tom Joad must be the most underated album I know.
Yesterday's just a memory,
Tomorrow is never what it's supposed to be

Bob Dylan

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
« Reply #222 on: January 16, 2008, 12:13:45 am »
Just got 2 for the Millennium. Never seen him before, and he's the last left on my 'Bands to see before I die' list.  ;D

I'll see you there love.
Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Offline zimmie'5555

• passenger on an intergalactic spaceship... sometimes wishes he was a woman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: January 16, 2008, 12:30:54 am »
Never really permeated through to my conscious. Like him, and maybe need to hear more, but he's just passed me by somewhat. The Rising is actually my favourite Springsteen song

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #224 on: January 16, 2008, 10:03:10 am »
Never really permeated through to my conscious. Like him, and maybe need to hear more, but he's just passed me by somewhat. The Rising is actually my favourite Springsteen song

When you think about it Zimmie that must be the case with so many artists. To "get" an artist takes a considerable amount of time and listening.

It's like on another thread I was waxing lyrical about Van Morrison's Astral Weeks. That particular album takes tens of hours intense listening before its joys truly unveil themselves. What you are then left with is an album for a lifetime's savouring. Yet how many are prepared to go through those "pain barriers" with an artist? And what if after all that input you are left still underwhelmed?

It's a similar case with Brucie. The guy has created untold joys on disc - though many more live of course. Yet he remains undiscovered by many 30-45 year olds who are simply put off by the images of 1984's Born in the USA. They've seen the hype and bombast of all that and simply cannot reconcile it with claims of Bruce being the consummate artist so many of his devotees claim.

In the end you either have to rely on advice and give it a go or else resign yourself to the fact that he may just have to remain a lost pleasure. Along no doubt with many others. I guess none of us can ever really '"get" even a smidgeon of what's out there.

My own advice for what it's worth.

Start at the beginning. Get the cheaply available "Greeting from Asbury Park" . The seeds of Brucie's greatness are clearly apparent in most of the tracks on there and several cuts have rarely been bettered by anyone in rock music. Ceratainly not on a debut album. I'm thinking of 'Growin Up' and 'Blinded by the Light'. If you connect with those then the world of Bruce is your oyster. His range is astonishing and I can think of only one album - Human Touch - in which there is not really much to recommend whilst there are host of albums which rank with popular music's very finest.

Offline hooded claw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #225 on: January 16, 2008, 10:20:21 am »
When you think about it Zimmie that must be the case with so many artists. To "get" an artist takes a considerable amount of time and listening.

It's like on another thread I was waxing lyrical about Van Morrison's Astral Weeks. That particular album takes tens of hours intense listening before its joys truly unveil themselves. What you are then left with is an album for a lifetime's savouring. Yet how many are prepared to go through those "pain barriers" with an artist? And what if after all that input you are left still underwhelmed?

It's a similar case with Brucie. The guy has created untold joys on disc - though many more live of course. Yet he remains undiscovered by many 30-45 year olds who are simply put off by the images of 1984's Born in the USA. They've seen the hype and bombast of all that and simply cannot reconcile it with claims of Bruce being the consummate artist so many of his devotees claim.

In the end you either have to rely on advice and give it a go or else resign yourself to the fact that he may just have to remain a lost pleasure. Along no doubt with many others. I guess none of us can ever really '"get" even a smidgeon of what's out there.

Start at the beginning. Get the cheaply available "Greeting from Asbury Park" . The seeds of Brucie's greatness are clearly apparent in most of the tracks on there and several cuts have rarely been bettered by anyone in rock music. Ceratainly not on a debut album. I'm thinking of 'Growin Up' and 'Blinded by the Light'. If you connect with those then the world of Bruce is your oyster. His range is astonishing and I can think of only one album - Human Touch - in which there is not really much to recommend whilst there are host of albums which rank with popular music's very finest.

I fucking love your posts about Bruce, TG  ;D

Completely agree about Human Touch, but I think Man's Job and Wish I Was Blind are very underrated.

Even Born In The USA is misunderstood by many; there is such sadness and alienation in that album, far from the chestbeating gungho-ism many see there. Downbound Train, My Hometown, Glory Days... I wish some could see past the surface.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #226 on: January 16, 2008, 10:42:04 am »
I fucking love your posts about Bruce, TG  ;D

Completely agree about Human Touch, but I think Man's Job and Wish I Was Blind are very underrated.

Even Born In The USA is misunderstood by many; there is such sadness and alienation in that album, far from the chestbeating gungho-ism many see there. Downbound Train, My Hometown, Glory Days... I wish some could see past the surface.

Spot on there Stag!

Stag and Timbo in Know your Brucie sonny campaign.

;D

Offline barnseysbarmyarmy

• Kopite
  • You know nothing John Snow (except current affairs
« Reply #227 on: January 16, 2008, 12:31:30 pm »
Yeah, but what are ya gona do...people are thick as fuck when it comes to recognizing good tunes. Maybe its a god thing. Seeing Bruce in June, cant bloody wait! Rocking out to 'lonesome day' and 'lucky town' righ now...

Offline barnseysbarmyarmy

• Kopite
  • You know nothing John Snow (except current affairs
« Reply #228 on: January 16, 2008, 12:32:15 pm »
I meant 'good' thing, or did I? ;D

Offline zimmie'5555

• passenger on an intergalactic spaceship... sometimes wishes he was a woman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: January 16, 2008, 12:43:39 pm »

35-40 :shocked

;D

Thanks for your advice though, I understand what you're saying completely and agree with what you say. I think's it either Mojo or Uncut magazine that used to do a 'how to buy...' section on particular artists, always thought it was a great idea myself.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #230 on: February 29, 2008, 07:00:37 pm »
I have now listened to MAGIC for 2 weeks and it is MAGIC!!!!!

Girls in their summer Clothes (so far) is my favourite, but none has disappointed me so far! I'm glad he's back!!

Magic has gotten virtually no air play stateside, and i heard this song on the radio for the first time last night on whatever an "adult contemporary" radio station is supposed to constitute.

was, well, magic.  still something about hearing a song totally at random for the first time on the radio, seems to make a deeper impression.

iTunes came through in the clutch this morning, the Girls and their Clothes are background music as I type...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: February 29, 2008, 07:07:32 pm »
Pharaoh's army got drownded
O Mary, don't you weep.

Probably my favourite.

Offline Rhaegar21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: March 2, 2008, 08:46:14 am »
No one can make music with as much feeling and emotion as Bruce.

Hmm, I want to complete my Bruce collection but I don't know what to get next. What I have is the following, with my ratings out of 10:

Greatest Hits 9
Devils and Dust 7
The Rising 8
Tom Joad 10
Tunnel of Love 10
Nebraska 10
The River 9
Darkness 7

The problem is, the greatest hits, which I got first a few years ago, has 4 Born in the USA songs on, and 2 Born to Run songs, which is probably why I've put off getting them. Considering getting his latest rather - Magic. What you think?
Yesterday's just a memory,
Tomorrow is never what it's supposed to be

Bob Dylan

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: March 2, 2008, 10:11:01 am »

Agreed, but you've missed the best song on the album there - I'm On Fire.

Offline MadErik

• Legacy Fan
  • NS
« Reply #234 on: March 2, 2008, 08:59:42 pm »
No one can make music with as much feeling and emotion as Bruce.

Hmm, I want to complete my Bruce collection but I don't know what to get next. What I have is the following, with my ratings out of 10:

Greatest Hits 9
Devils and Dust 7
The Rising 8
Tom Joad 10
Tunnel of Love 10
Nebraska 10
The River 9
Darkness 7

The problem is, the greatest hits, which I got first a few years ago, has 4 Born in the USA songs on, and 2 Born to Run songs, which is probably why I've put off getting them. Considering getting his latest rather - Magic. What you think?

Go old skool! The Wild, the Innocent & the E Street Shuffle's a great album - Sandy, Rosalita, New York City Serenade...
"I was only in the game for the love of football -- and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool."

Offline CarraIsBoss

• Legacy Fan
  • FTHC
« Reply #235 on: March 2, 2008, 09:31:55 pm »
The Seeger Sessions album is The Boss's best piece of work.

Offline bellinter

• Infamous author of 'The Joy of Hate'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: March 3, 2008, 06:10:33 pm »
The Seeger Sessions album is The Boss's best piece of work.

its not.... but it is rather good ;)
In ceremonies of the horsemen, even the pawn must hold a grudge.

Offline CarraIsBoss

• Legacy Fan
  • FTHC
« Reply #237 on: March 3, 2008, 06:28:24 pm »
its not.... but it is rather good ;)

If it's not that, then it must be Nebraska.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: March 3, 2008, 07:23:58 pm »
Seeger sessions Live in Dublin is fucking awesome.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline hooded claw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #239 on: March 3, 2008, 07:33:36 pm »
If it's not that, then it must be Nebraska.

Now you're getting warm.