Author Topic: Things You’ve Never Done  (Read 4577 times)

Online Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
Re: Things You’ve Never Done
« Reply #120 on: February 11, 2024, 09:30:57 pm »
yeah but nobody reads that.

:)
Did I say that they do?

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: February 11, 2024, 09:32:35 pm »

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: February 11, 2024, 09:35:09 pm »
I got mine from mainly posting in the Music Association thread  ;)
I have no idea how you haven't got at least tens of thousands on subs on your YouTube channel Terry.

I think your stuff on there is awesome.  Real music non of this drum / bass / rappin bullshit.

Online Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: February 11, 2024, 09:36:57 pm »
I have no idea how you haven't got at least tens of thousands on subs on your YouTube channel Terry.

I think your stuff on there is awesome.  Real music non of this drum / bass / rappin bullshit.
Ta mate.
Getting a shit hot band together now and will be hitting the road very soon.

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: February 11, 2024, 09:44:20 pm »
Ta mate.
I love it when i'm out and about different places and see street performers / buskers and I've recorded some amazing ones.

This was in Glasgow, have a listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChleIzIWuoU

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #125 on: February 11, 2024, 09:45:16 pm »
:lmao

You just wait until this weeks Match Preview goes live! Then you’ll understand

Well reminded!

10am Saturday ok? :D

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #126 on: February 11, 2024, 09:46:31 pm »
:lmao
I'm posting that about you while you're posting about me.
hahahahhahaha

;D

:D

Nothing wrong with never receiving Valentine’s cards John. We can’t all be as suave as you.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #127 on: February 11, 2024, 09:47:41 pm »
Ta mate.
🤘🏻🤘🏻
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: February 11, 2024, 09:51:02 pm »
I love it when i'm out and about different places and see street performers / buskers and I've recorded some amazing ones.

This was in Glasgow, have a listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChleIzIWuoU
Beautiful and excellent stuff.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: February 11, 2024, 10:35:40 pm »
Nothing wrong with never receiving Valentine’s cards John. We can’t all be as suave as you.
I'll take you on a date to Terry's first gig with his new band. I might even arrange for you to do a 10 minute stand up.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #130 on: February 11, 2024, 10:38:43 pm »
I'll take you on a date to Terry's first gig with his new band. I might even arrange for you to do a 10 minute stand up.

Terry needs all the fans he can get, I wouldn’t want to drive any away.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: February 11, 2024, 10:54:49 pm »
Yeah fair enough, to be honest as soon as I posted that I wished I could ask Andy instead.

Online Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: February 11, 2024, 11:05:22 pm »
Yeah fair enough, to be honest as soon as I posted that I wished I could ask Andy instead.
;D

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #133 on: February 13, 2024, 05:23:45 pm »
Yeah that's the cheapest quote I've got on comparison sites for every car I've checked. Have had others at £12k too.

Just finding cars on FB Marketplace and getting quotes before deciding whether to go chec the car out. Absolutely no point with prices like that.

I can pick him up one now and get me as the main driver and add him as a learner for about £1100, but adding him as a newly qualified driver puts it up to the £5k again.

That's mad!

When my eldest started learning, I got her on my wife's then car (a BMW X1) for only an extra £30/month.

She bought her own car with money from her 18th. It's just a 2012 Hyundai i10. Still as a learner, she was the main driver and it was another £10 on top of the initial £30. Me and Mrs R were named drivers on it.

When she eventually took her test and passed (we changed instructor after about 15 lessons cos he was shite, then her first year of uni got in the way), it went up another £70/month. So in all, around £1,300. That's with me and my missus/her mum as named drivers but her as the main driver. She did get a year of NCB from over a year of being main driver as a learner. And it's part of my Admiral Multi-policy.

But still, that's a massive difference from £5k.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: February 13, 2024, 07:46:41 pm »
Beautiful and excellent stuff.
Thank you very much Terry.  :)

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #135 on: February 13, 2024, 08:21:58 pm »
Bungee jumping.

Sky diving.

Never done them, never will.

Even though I would’ve loved to when I had the chance when I was younger (which I did). But on both occasions, I bottled it….which is not like me as I’ve thrown myself into stuff which is probably a lot more dangerous. But that idea of free falling through the air, however briefly. Couldn’t do it. Gutted!

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #136 on: February 13, 2024, 09:07:42 pm »
Bungee jumping.

Sky diving.

Even though I would’ve loved to when I had the chance when I was younger (which I did). But on both occasions, I bottled it….which is not like me as I’ve thrown myself into stuff which is probably a lot more dangerous. But that idea of free falling through the air, however briefly. Couldn’t do it. Gutted!

I did a bungee jump in New Zealand in my younger days. Thought I’d be fine with it u risk it was my turn to do it. Legs went to jelly. I did manage to jump first time when they counted me down but was such an odd feeling. I think I thought it would be like a cartoon and I’d hover for a few seconds before dropping but I just plummeted like a stone!

Don’t think I have any desire to do it again!

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: February 13, 2024, 09:56:34 pm »
There’s some very high ones over there, aren’t there. Not that cable car one strung across a gorge was it?    😱

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: February 13, 2024, 10:03:57 pm »
Bungee jumping.

Sky diving.

It's not the free falling through the air that kills you, it's the suddenly stopping with an all mighty thud.    :)

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #139 on: February 13, 2024, 10:05:41 pm »
There’s some very high ones over there, aren’t there. Not that cable car one strung across a gorge was it?    😱

No, definitely didn’t fancy that one! I did do it in Queenstown but being such a purist did the ‘original’ one off the bridge. ‘Only’ about 45m, think that gorge is over 100! But still, jumping from either of those heights feels pretty ridiculous!

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: February 13, 2024, 10:16:10 pm »
It's not the free falling through the air that kills you, it's the suddenly stopping with an all mighty thud.    :)
Haha! Yeah….I guess that was the thought that really stopped me doing it :D

I’m a bit addicted to watching people like Alex Honnold free climbing on YouTube as the idea of doing that makes me go a bit woozy. It’s a feeling I loathe and love at the same time. Thank frig that thread on here dedicated to all things vertigo-inducing seems to have disappeared. I hated it, but couldn’t not look through it and had to press play on all the clips. I was never going to jump out of a plane, despite asking for and being bought a sky dive by my missus. What a waste of money!  :butt

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: February 13, 2024, 10:18:40 pm »
No, definitely didn’t fancy that one! I did do it in Queenstown but being such a purist did the ‘original’ one off the bridge. ‘Only’ about 45m, think that gorge is over 100! But still, jumping from either of those heights feels pretty ridiculous!
Fair play to you. I’d have shat my keks, passed out and fallen over the edge ;D

134m that other one, just checked. Holy shit  :o
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 10:20:45 pm by Red_Mist »

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #142 on: February 13, 2024, 10:33:38 pm »
Fair play to you. I’d have shat my keks, passed out and fallen over the edge ;D

134m that other one, just checked. Holy shit  :o

Got a recording of it on VHS so will never see the light of day again. At the start of it looked like CCTV footage from Clifton Suspension Bridge with concerned passers by checking I was ok. I was clinging on to the bridge for dear life

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: February 13, 2024, 10:36:01 pm »
I heard you can actually bungee jump without a cord, but you can only do it once. Not sure if true, might try it out.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: February 13, 2024, 11:25:49 pm »

I hate the sensation of falling. Always have. From jumping out of trees or off roofs as a kid, or jumping off high boards into a pool... hate that sensation.

Funnily enough, always loved roller coasters... although I do dread Oblivion these days for the drop.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: February 13, 2024, 11:26:55 pm »
I heard you can actually bungee jump without a cord, but you can only do it once. Not sure if true, might try it out.
That sound class and just up my street, you get the info and i'll come with you, we can do a double jump.  I'll be right behind you.  :)

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #146 on: February 14, 2024, 07:54:08 am »
Think they tried this on Noel Edmunds Late Late Breakfast Show back in the eighties. Pretty sure the show got cancelled off the back of it. Don’t think it ended well and funnily enough that episode was never shown
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #147 on: February 14, 2024, 11:36:47 am »
Woke up and thought "I can't wait to get to work!"
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #148 on: February 14, 2024, 12:27:15 pm »
Never used face book.

Never bought vinyl
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #149 on: February 25, 2024, 10:33:19 am »
I’ve never travelled first class in a train. Has anyone actually ever done this? 
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #150 on: February 25, 2024, 11:04:56 am »
I’ve never travelled first class in a train. Has anyone actually ever done this?

Back when I worked for Virgin, before they laid us all off, they would give you a discount on trains, so I finagled first class once as it made first class affordable

Bigger seat at a table, they brought us food and drink

I'm three Avanti journeys away from Premium Coach or whatever shite they call it. next up the ladder is First fuckin Class both ways

2 hours 2 minutes from Lime St to London, that will be my next first class journey perhaps. Or might could fuck off to Glasgow oan it

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #151 on: February 25, 2024, 11:08:18 am »
Never used face book.

Never bought vinyl

Wish I could say I never used instagram and I never used Tidal

Was on the 'gram and Friends of the Earth had a warning thing and the comments were totally about the Plandemic and how we aren't losing CO2 and COVID was a hoax. I corrected a few, in my merry, pro-logic wise - one lunatic actually used the line "humanity is only hundreds of years old" in discussing vapour trails or somesuch

I got accused of supporting paedophila by some bird, right off the bat

....Lovely invention social media

And Tidal is shit

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: February 25, 2024, 12:43:40 pm »

Did it for the first time in November, coming back from a works meeting - only paid £68 from MK to Manc Piccadilly, so was worth it, brekkie was decent. No way is it worth £200 or more though.

Think they tried this on Noel Edmunds Late Late Breakfast Show back in the eighties. Pretty sure the show got cancelled off the back of it. Don’t think it ended well and funnily enough that episode was never shown

Michael Lush was the poor victim of the stunt, when his carabiner clip that secured the bungee to the crane opened and he plummeted into the ground, killing him instantly, Edmonds almost walked away from telly after that and yes the show got immediately cancelled. I've done a tandem sky dive, but I've never wanted to do a bungee, as I don't trust the people running them to do it right.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: February 26, 2024, 08:23:02 am »
Just thought of this yesterday, never had a Carabao drink of any sort.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: February 26, 2024, 09:36:54 am »

it's worth it for the leg room/bigger tables alone, especially worth the extra if you have luggage. It's not like the leap you'd get on planes and they don't always provide food but it's definitely comfier.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: February 26, 2024, 09:37:50 am »
Just thought of this yesterday, never had a Carabao drink of any sort.

did you see the ads for the carabao beer? I know it won't be but it did get me thinking they'd made some energy drink beer.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: February 26, 2024, 10:22:49 am »
it's worth it for the leg room/bigger tables alone, especially worth the extra if you have luggage. It's not like the leap you'd get on planes and they don't always provide food but it's definitely comfier.

We're going to London in May, its £128 standard return or £456 1st class, I'd much rather spend the money on the hotel and a meal, than get a bigger table for 2 hours.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: February 26, 2024, 10:40:08 am »
We're going to London in May, its £128 standard return or £456 1st class, I'd much rather spend the money on the hotel and a meal, than get a bigger table for 2 hours.

okay? I don't make the prices, Rob ;D

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: February 26, 2024, 10:41:53 am »

The woman at work who books our train tickets will always check the First Class fare and, if a leg (outbound/return) is pretty much a similar price (there have been times it's actually been cheaper, believe it or not), she'll book the First Class.

Also a few years ago, I won a work competition for a weekend trip to London with my family and they provided First Class train travel.

I like the free beer (although, annoyingly, they don't - or didn't - serve it during the morning breakfast period) and, unless I've got to drive home from the station, will always try to meet the challenge of cramming as many can in as I can.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #159 on: February 26, 2024, 10:44:03 am »
Alright David Boon.