Author Topic: Solicitors - CCTV  (Read 13141 times)

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Re: Trespassing - Neighbour Issues
« Reply #200 on: August 8, 2023, 10:33:13 am »
That link says you don’t need permission to carry out repairs.

But need to seek permission otherwise you are trespassing.

Its his problem at the end of the day as it’s a shared downpipe that we would pay for. It’s just control.

My main issue is with him hand delivering letters to my parents. Given his previous behaviour, it makes me very uneasy.
« Last Edit: August 8, 2023, 10:35:53 am by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #201 on: August 8, 2023, 11:13:07 am »
Ask him does he have a good dentist.
That always works for me.   ;)

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: August 8, 2023, 11:28:18 am »
My parents have a crazy neighbour. He’s a Policeman who had multiple camera on them making up crazy claims he was the victim being bullied. I was ill for a while so my parents didn’t tell me but I had to get involved shortly afterwards so it stopped.

I got a new front partition fence installed along with a Ring doorbell. It’s been quiet ever since and no charges were made against my parents (not they ever had a case) and he would have been spoken too about his behaviour.

However, they need to replace their gutters so have approached him for access to a downpipe. This was done via a dedicated email that was set up for both parties on advice of the Police. He has subsequently hand delivered a weird letter saying he won’t grant that and it would be trespassing if we did so. That’s highly predictable but why does he believe that he can trespass to deliver a letter ? The contents make him sound like an absolute nut job too.

I know it’s not a Police matter and he’s pushing those lines again but I don’t want him doing this so how can I approach it? I obviously don’t want things to start up again.

I'm guessing the work can't be carried out without access to this pipe?

As a next step, I would send him another email via the agreed addresses (to show your own compliance with any police recommendations) and ask him to please reply via the email addresses provided rather than posting handwritten notes. Reiterate your request and the reasonableness of it. indicate that you're willing to make an application to the court to gain access but that you'd like to avoid this to avoid costs to all parties. I think it's important that you stick to the parameters that have been agreed even if he isn't.

If he does the same again or doesn't reply, then I'd just make the court application. No doubt he will oppose the order but this is where he'll start to look like a loon and where the court will see him for what he is. If his behaviour is clearly vexatious (which in this instance it is), then the court will have absolutely none of his bullshit

Sounds like a nightmare mate and I'm sorry this is on you/your parents but you do have legal routes which exist precisely to deal with pricks like him. Don't waste too much time dealing with him directly, you know it's not going to get you anywhere.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #203 on: August 8, 2023, 11:36:02 am »

Its his problem at the end of the day as it’s a shared downpipe that we would pay for. It’s just control.

My main issue is with him hand delivering letters to my parents. Given his previous behaviour, it makes me very uneasy.

Pain the arse, the guy (an obvious mentallist) and the shared work required. Perhaps ask for a parallel downpipe and leave the shoddy one to him? All extra money of course.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #204 on: August 8, 2023, 11:53:37 am »

Did you even read the link?

“Generally, if you go onto your neighbour's land without their permission, you are trespassing. However, if you need to repair your home and to do so need access via your neighbour's land, you may go onto your neighbour's land without getting their permission.”

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #205 on: August 8, 2023, 11:59:12 am »
I'm guessing the work can't be carried out without access to this pipe?

As a next step, I would send him another email via the agreed addresses (to show your own compliance with any police recommendations) and ask him to please reply via the email addresses provided rather than posting handwritten notes. Reiterate your request and the reasonableness of it. indicate that you're willing to make an application to the court to gain access but that you'd like to avoid this to avoid costs to all parties. I think it's important that you stick to the parameters that have been agreed even if he isn't.

If he does the same again or doesn't reply, then I'd just make the court application. No doubt he will oppose the order but this is where he'll start to look like a loon and where the court will see him for what he is. If his behaviour is clearly vexatious (which in this instance it is), then the court will have absolutely none of his bullshit

Sounds like a nightmare mate and I'm sorry this is on you/your parents but you do have legal routes which exist precisely to deal with pricks like him. Don't waste too much time dealing with him directly, you know it's not going to get you anywhere.

The work would require access from both side even without the fence. It is just a control thing like everything he tries to do.

Prior to the fence going up, he installed a canvas retractable fence that covered approx a third of the drive. He would genuinely pull it out / retract around 15 times a day and it was an eyesore put up to annoy my folks. When their fence went up, he went bonkers smashing his up but his latest letter says he welcomes it.

He also mentions that the CCTV and Private Property signs are there due to prevent further harassment and physical assault. Not sure if he is the full ticket.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #206 on: August 8, 2023, 12:01:13 pm »
Did you even read the link?

“Generally, if you go onto your neighbour's land without their permission, you are trespassing. However, if you need to repair your home and to do so need access via your neighbour's land, you may go onto your neighbour's land without getting their permission.”

Yes I did. Most normal people would allow it.

The next part states the following:

In order to preserve good relations with your neighbours, you should still ask their permission before going on their land. If you have a relationship with your neighbour, it's always preferable to speak to them face to face, but you can also request access in a letter. If they refuse and try to stop entry, you can seek an order from the court forcing them to give you access

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: August 8, 2023, 12:03:18 pm »
I don't think walking up to the letterbox to deliver a letter is trespassing.

Regarding the gutter work needed- I'd ask the builder how they feel about doing it, even if they neighbour opposes the work. If they want nothing to do with it, get that in writing and take the neighbour to court. The more documentation there is for his weird behaviour, the better.

Long term - can't your parents move? Being worried about the loon next door is no way to live.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: August 8, 2023, 12:05:50 pm »
I don’t know why you post these threads because you never want to listen to anyone’s advice or do anything any other way to what you’ve done. This is the third thread for the same problem and all you do is say why you can’t do what people suggest because of x, y or z 🤷‍♀️
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #209 on: August 8, 2023, 12:06:18 pm »
I don't think walking up to the letterbox to deliver a letter is trespassing.

Regarding the gutter work needed- I'd ask the builder how they feel about doing it, even if they neighbour opposes the work. If they want nothing to do with it, get that in writing and take the neighbour to court. The more documentation there is for his weird behaviour, the better.

Long term - can't your parents move? Being worried about the loon next door is no way to live.

Trespassing laws are bullshit anyway. The point is why does he believe he is above the advice of Senior Officers.

The plan is for them to move.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #210 on: August 8, 2023, 12:07:52 pm »
I don’t know why you post these threads because you never want to listen to anyone’s advice or do anything any other way to what you’ve done. This is the third thread for the same problem and all you do is say why you can’t do what people suggest because of x, y or z 🤷‍♀️

That isn't true at all.

We installed a Ring Doorbell and a partition fence following advice on here.

But thanks for the condescending reply.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #211 on: August 8, 2023, 12:30:07 pm »
Yes I did. Most normal people would allow it.

The next part states the following:

In order to preserve good relations with your neighbours, you should still ask their permission before going on their land. If you have a relationship with your neighbour, it's always preferable to speak to them face to face, but you can also request access in a letter. If they refuse and try to stop entry, you can seek an order from the court forcing them to give you access

So, once again, if you want good relations you ask. But you don’t need to ask. You’re entitled to that access.

If he tries to prevent the workers going on his property to carry out the work, then you need to see the court order. Just get them to do it when he’s at work.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #212 on: August 8, 2023, 12:36:04 pm »
So, once again, if you want good relations you ask. But you don’t need to ask. You’re entitled to that access.

If he tries to prevent the workers going on his property to carry out the work, then you need to see the court order. Just get them to do it when he’s at work.

I completely get that and if my house then I would probably do that.

However, this guy is not normal and has multiple cameras on his property watching everything. He or his other half will normally rush home if anything out the ordinary happens.

My parents got their rear fences replaced and the Police visited saying the Workers were trespassing. They obviously weren't.

Another time, he rushed home filming them out his back bedroom window when they were cleaning something. He subsequently claimed they deliberately sprayed his conservatory roof and that is non permanent criminal damage. Claim was dismissed as fabricated bullshit.
« Last Edit: August 8, 2023, 01:12:24 pm by Nick110581 »

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Solicitors - CCTV
« Reply #213 on: August 9, 2023, 09:41:32 am »
Go back to his senior officers mate.  They obviously think whatever pathetic measures they've put in place will have been followed by this "upstanding prick of the community" yes pun intended but let's face it with all the shit around coppers behaviour in the media and how many should have been thrown out of the force years ago, he'll just keep at it to stay in control.

He's pretty much relying on you all being reasonable and law abiding which IS his control so don't let him.  If it causes him to kick off again it'll be on camera and if your parents have mobile phones I'd set them to record whenever they aren't on their property for if he verbally assaults then again 👍

You've got to play dirty but within the law with folks like him!

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #214 on: August 9, 2023, 01:42:40 pm »
Go back to his senior officers mate.  They obviously think whatever pathetic measures they've put in place will have been followed by this "upstanding prick of the community" yes pun intended but let's face it with all the shit around coppers behaviour in the media and how many should have been thrown out of the force years ago, he'll just keep at it to stay in control.

He's pretty much relying on you all being reasonable and law abiding which IS his control so don't let him.  If it causes him to kick off again it'll be on camera and if your parents have mobile phones I'd set them to record whenever they aren't on their property for if he verbally assaults then again 👍

You've got to play dirty but within the law with folks like him!

110%.

To be honest, I think we will apply for an injunction against him now.

A great look for a serving Police Officer.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #215 on: August 9, 2023, 02:43:22 pm »
110%.

To be honest, I think we will apply for an injunction against him now.

A great look for a serving Police Officer.

Yep play him as the dickhead he is mate, it's the only language he understands 👍

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: August 9, 2023, 06:58:54 pm »

This seems the most sensible suggestion , you are never going to have decent relations with him and if it’s essential maintenance just get a contractor to do it while he is at work . You will kill two birds with one stone …get the gutters done and piss him off

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #217 on: August 9, 2023, 07:00:15 pm »
This seems the most sensible suggestion , you are never going to have decent relations with him and if it’s essential maintenance just get a contractor to do it while he is at work . You will kill two birds with one stone …get the gutters done and piss him off

Think that’s the route we will go.

Predictably, he will talk over his cameras but best to ignore and just complete it.

He wouldn’t pick on younger people.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #218 on: August 9, 2023, 10:17:46 pm »
Cos he's a fucking pussy. That's why.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: August 10, 2023, 08:54:30 am »
We have RAWKites that work for the Police service in various aspects / roles, generalising them as "filth" is not what this site promotes.
We, on this site, should despise generalisation as such, unless of course we're talking about the fucking Tories.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #220 on: August 12, 2023, 08:58:10 am »
Letter sent via recorded delivery signed for yesterday asking him and his missus to stay off parents property.

Returned hand delivered claiming it was unread and unopened. Clearly it was steamed open.
Predictable.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 09:20:44 am by Nick110581 »

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #221 on: February 23, 2024, 01:57:15 pm »
Letter sent via recorded delivery signed for yesterday asking him and his missus to stay off parents property.

Returned hand delivered claiming it was unread and unopened. Clearly it was steamed open.
Predictable.

Any updates?

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"