Author Topic: Living in London  (Read 168410 times)

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
Re: Living in London
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2009, 08:24:08 pm »
Better to move out a bit in north London somewhere classier, maybe towards Hampstead and Golders Green if you've got a few bob to spare

They're alrigt but even then I still find them busy. Lived on the outskirts all my life and I wouldn't live in most of London. The nice parts are too pricey and I just find most of it too built up. Great to go into for a night out, some quality clothing, to grab a bit of fanny etc. but I wouldn't want to be laying my head down.

I'd always be coming out my way - Northwood, Ruislip etc. although I would entertain Ealing.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2009, 08:27:53 pm »
I'd always be coming out my way - Northwood, Ruislip etc. although I would entertain Ealing.

Ealing is damn pricey though.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2009, 08:30:07 pm »
Most people in London are foreigners or english people from outside london.

True cockneys are a dying breed.
Well considering that to be a true cockney you have to be born within the sound of bowbells, yeah they are few and far between these days. I know there are loads of foreigners, but there are loads of if you like "londoners" I have lived there before, I have a place in westminster, and will be living there again, my sister still does and is married to a chelsea supporting portobello road c*nt, so I'm not completely clueless. ;)
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2009, 08:32:41 pm »

I dont know in all honesty, but  he could get a house share. One of them out by me is about 400 all in. I'd be suprised if it is much more.

But, where's cheap?

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2009, 08:32:49 pm »

You could head a little further south to Brentford or Isleworth which is a little cheaper albeit not as classy.
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2009, 08:34:39 pm »
Richmonds nice. I'd live there.

.........and Chiswick

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2009, 08:38:29 pm »
Chiswick's nice although the houses are pretty small.

Richmond and Teddington are class areas, pretty close to me. Spacious and nice homes. Very pricey though.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2009, 08:39:46 pm »
Richmond and Teddington are class areas, pretty close to me. Spacious and nice homes. Very pricey though.

Yep, very nice. I went to Teddington school and the surrounding area is very nice.

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2009, 08:43:09 pm »
kind of place which is nice to visit for a long weekend but couldnt imagine ever living there
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2009, 08:43:25 pm »
One other thing I forgot I hate about london, the fucking parking! And the congestion zone shite!
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline blurred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2009, 08:43:32 pm »
It's very easy to see from this who has spent time in/around London in any great measure. And who are the tits.

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2009, 08:45:06 pm »
It's very easy to see from this who has spent time in/around London in any great measure. And who are the tits.
Not directed at me by any chance? :P I love London, but it can be a pisser.

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2009, 08:46:10 pm »
I am a tit who has spent time in and around London
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2009, 08:47:50 pm »
I am a tit who has spent time in and around London
Same here ;D

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2009, 09:04:43 pm »
You could head a little further south to Brentford or Isleworth which is a little cheaper albeit not as classy.
That's a bit remote if you are young and work in Central London.
Transport links should be factored in IMHO - one of the reason's we decided to stick reasonably close to Central Line - reliable and goes through the heart
of London (plus a good link-up with Jubilee Line, just in case one ends up working in Canary Wharf).
I would recommend steering clear of Northern Line - it's sh*t and gets packed in the morning. Also, for some unknown reason, quite a lot of young people who
move to London, get a place in Clapham. Why? Who brainwashed all those youngsters into living in an overpriced sh*thole?

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2009, 09:07:28 pm »
One other thing I forgot I hate about london, the fucking parking! And the congestion zone shite!

It's simples - don't drive! I don't really see any point in having a car in London - a needless expense.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 09:28:54 pm by Pata »

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2009, 09:22:40 pm »
If you want to be around Kings Cross, if you go a little further South you can find some nice flats towards Russell square.

A lot of it depends on your budget, but getting to Kings Cross is really easy from most directions. The only problem being the tube station gets really busy in rush hour.

I don't know much about North London, but Chiswick and Turnham Green are very nice. Shepherd Bush and White City can be inexpensive, fun and the Hammersmith and City line to Kings Cross is very quick and pretty quiet (the route I take to work).

Obviously I don't know you, but I would want to avoid living in King's Cross itself.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2009, 10:20:06 pm »
Get something temporary if you can - it is a lot easier not to get saddled with the wrong place once you have found your feet a bit. You can get rooms in shared houses which only need a week's notice. It'll be a bit of a dump, but it'll give you time to find your feet. You'll also appreciate where you end up a lot more.

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2009, 10:24:15 pm »
Get something temporary if you can - it is a lot easier not to get saddled with the wrong place once you have found your feet a bit. You can get rooms in shared houses which only need a week's notice. It'll be a bit of a dump, but it'll give you time to find your feet. You'll also appreciate where you end up a lot more.

That is sound advice indeed. There is nothing worse that being stuck in the wrong house with the wrong people for 6 month+.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2009, 11:31:30 pm »
Londons crap and stinks of rat piss. ;D

In all seriousness though i lived there for six years. I enjoyed most of my time down there,but its not for everyone.I just ended up getting fed up with commuting,coldness of the people,and the fact that getting home at night is stupidly difficult for a so called 24hr city.

When i went though i always said i would return back up north to raise kids etc.So if your going there for a few years its sound,but i couldnt stay there for life.Some of my mates have stayed there though and love the place and will never leave,each to their own
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2009, 11:37:07 pm »
the fact that getting home at night is stupidly difficult for a so called 24hr city.
Yeah but you dont need a car. ::)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2009, 11:56:02 pm »
Your not getting the sack all ready are ye?

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline gerrardspetal

• Rabid psycho nut harvester with no idea - but she did have some points
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2009, 12:06:40 am »

good job he doesn't drive then :)
“You could say it’s not about being local, but about being vocal.
Kristian is a idiot.  A bad idiot.  Also a virgin.

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2009, 12:17:09 am »
Finchley where I live is good. It's nice and leafy and about 25 minutes from the West End. The Northern Line isn't as bad as people make out, it's nice, direct and no worse than the other lines.
Justice for the 96!

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2009, 12:45:23 am »
My nephew is about the same age as you, and he's lived round Camden and Brick Lane way for a couple of years now. They're both close enough to King's Cross and he reckons it's a decent and cheap enough place to live, really vibrant, very bohemian, and it's absolutely crawling with wall to wall minge. Gets my vote!

Are you gonna be like a red abroad, looking for boozers with pictures of Rushy on the wall before you go in, or are you going to embrace the culture? I can recommend a good tailor if you are  ;)

Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2009, 12:53:48 am »

You're young, you don't have responsibilities, you'll have a blast living in London for a few years.

Unless you are minted, and I mean very comfortable indeed, around your late twenties you'll want away, get bored, and move further out, in fact you'll start to miss Liverpool. And when you miss home, it really does it hit you.

But when you first move down, just enjoy yourself, the whole world is there, every cultural experience, and women from every corner of the world -- if you can't enjoy a few years in the big smoke you won't have experienced all that England can give to a man. Live it up.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2009, 01:02:42 am »
But when you first move down, just enjoy yourself, the whole world is there, every cultural experience, and women from every corner of the world -- if you can't enjoy a few years in the big smoke you won't have experienced all that England can give to a man. Live it up.

And after you've experienced all the women from every corner of the world, and when you've got everything that England can give a man, have a quick check on this website   :wave

What To Do If Your Cock Turns Green Or Your Helmet Looks Like Tommy Smith's Nose
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2009, 01:22:57 am »
Currently in London . Spent a day in thr centre on Tuesday and nearly had a nervous breakdown. If it wernt for me bumping into the Krsnas at Covent Garden I think I would have.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2009, 09:14:19 am »
the fact that getting home at night is stupidly difficult for a so called 24hr city.

The nightbus network is pretty decent IMHO.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2009, 10:14:37 am »
Some suggestions here of really nice places that are

a) very expensive

b) would leave L6 with a one hour commute.

Personally, I think have a look at areas around Hammersmith (ie Hammersmith itself, Shepherds Bush, Brook Green, Goldhawk Road etc.) Piccadilly line straight into Kings X.

The Gumtree is an excellent place to find London flatshare stuff, unless you don't like Antipodeans or Saffers!

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2009, 10:28:01 am »

a) very expensive

Personally, I think have a look at areas around Hammersmith (ie Hammersmith itself, Shepherds Bush, Brook Green, Goldhawk Road etc.) Piccadilly line straight into Kings X.

The Gumtree is an excellent place to find London flatshare stuff, unless you don't like Antipodeans or Saffers!

You can paint 'em up as much as you want 6th Benitle, they all still stink of rat's piss!
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2009, 10:30:32 am »
You can paint 'em up as much as you want 6th Benitle, they all still stink of rat's piss!
:-X

I would rise to the bait but instead I'm going to plead the 6th 5th  ;D

Offline Gus 1855

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2009, 10:42:11 am »

a) very expensive

www.spareroom.co.uk  is pretty good. I think it is better than Gumtree because you tend to get less freaks on there. I let my spare room recently and spareroom.co.uk did the trick very well.

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2009, 10:45:05 am »
Antipodeans? Well, you should know. :)

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2009, 10:47:27 am »

Never mentioned a car mate.I was referring to after a night out.Why the fuck you cant get round a city on public transport after 1am when the last tube stops.Bit silly really.You either have to queue up for a night bus and wait fucking ages,or alternatively jump in a dodgy cab.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2009, 10:56:58 am »
Going to have to do this permanently fairly soon it seems, near the Kings Cross area. Heading there temporarily for a bit as well quite soon.

Any good boozers, bedsits and brasses about?
Out of anyone on RAWK, I thought you would be the last person who wanted to live in London!  ;D

I lived in london for 17 years... Dont take any notice of those saying its expensive... Because it is all relative to salary and so forth.  :wave
You can change your name from L6 Red to N1 Red...

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2009, 10:59:38 am »
You're young, you don't have responsibilities, you'll have a blast living in London for a few years.

Unless you are minted, and I mean very comfortable indeed, around your late twenties you'll want away, get bored, and move further out, in fact you'll start to miss Liverpool. And when you miss home, it really does it hit you.

Spot on advice.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2009, 11:42:50 am »

Got to agree. In the 60s, 70s and part of the 80s they were boss areas and being from an Irish family we were in  and around those areas on a constant basis.

They aint like that now.

Shit, I rememeber when Ladbroke Grove was the place to be.

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2009, 12:34:20 pm »
Out of anyone on RAWK, I thought you would be the last person who wanted to live in London!  ;D

I lived in london for 17 years... Dont take any notice of those saying its expensive... Because it is all relative to salary and so forth.  :wave
You can change your name from L6 Red to N1 Red...

Times and people change mate. I was very narrow-minded in my views back then admittedly - I've worked at a few places there over the past two years now on work experience etc and it's a very interesting city. True, I've only seen bits of it (Holland Park Avenue, the area around NI such as Wapping and Tower Bridge) but I felt fine wherever I've been except maybe the arse end of White City.

Thanks for all the advice everyone. I am still not sure when exactly I'll move, I've just been told I will be doing so - initially for a few months and then full-time it seems.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2009, 12:39:47 pm »
If you can afford to avoid Colindale, where i live, its an absolute shithole :) so is Burnt Oak, Edgware aint that great, Harrow is a pile of crap unless your on the hill :D

Hampstead is a awesome area, Finchley Road aint bad. That's talking from NW experience! Cockneys you wont find many of, most of them are in the South East now (Kent etc), you'll meet loads of tramps from Essex tho.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England