Author Topic: Living in London  (Read 168423 times)

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Living in London
« Reply #2000 on: March 2, 2024, 12:03:41 pm »
Not really mate, Marleybone high street area is for ok walk around but thats a bit of a walk from Euston and by time you get there you'll have to think abut making your way to Harley Street. Similar to Regents Park.

I'd just go for a nice coffee somewhere in between, explore the streets around via Warren St, Fitzroy square etc on way

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2001 on: March 2, 2024, 12:09:18 pm »
Not far from Baker St if fictional detectives or waxwork celebrities are your thing. Marylebone High St is close by for the odd fancy boozer at extortionate prices (although there is a Sam Smith’s pub there too I think).

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2002 on: March 2, 2024, 12:19:33 pm »
Thanks guys

Regents Park and Baker Street sounds ok

Everyone my age loves Bob Holness
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2003 on: March 2, 2024, 12:22:21 pm »
Fish & chips at the The Golden Hind on Marylebone Ln has always been good. They use to do these amazing halloumi fritters when I lived over there. They've been around for 100 years this year.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2004 on: March 2, 2024, 12:22:42 pm »
You could always check out the Wellcome Collection. Medical meets social history, they generally have a free exhibition of art and artifacts and it's pretty good of you're into that kind of thing.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #2005 on: March 2, 2024, 12:57:54 pm »
Fish & chips at the The Golden Hind on Marylebone Ln has always been good. They use to do these amazing halloumi fritters when I lived over there. They've been around for 100 years this year.
Is that the one you can take your own drinks in? I’m sure I remember meeting a friend in a chippy round there for sit down fish & chips and was surprised (and delighted!) when she pulled a bottle of wine out of her bag :D

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2006 on: March 2, 2024, 05:03:44 pm »
Kenny, The George Orwell statue at the BBC is worth a look and then pie and mash in the Wigmore - that’s a five minute walk if I remember right. If you’re allowed pies by your Harley street doctor like  ;D :lickin