Author Topic: Stopping Smoking  (Read 72677 times)

Online Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
Re: Stopping Smoking
« Reply #640 on: February 21, 2024, 11:23:13 am »
still off them ;D
Good for you.
Best thing I ever did and the worst thing I ever did was start the fuckers in the first place.

Offline red vinyl

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #641 on: February 22, 2024, 03:51:57 pm »
I tried hypnosis on YT Paul McKenna after smoking quite heavily for 35 years, it worked for 3 and a half months no problem. I had no problem the next day no cravings and sat next to people smoking it was mad I could do that. But like everything else in life don’t get clever with addiction.
I’m smoking again now and so disappointed with myself and the hypnosis isn’t working anymore.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #642 on: February 23, 2024, 07:05:06 am »
I gave up smoking using a cheap E-cig from properjob at the time it was 99p and 4 bottles of liquid I got 1 of high nicotine, 1 medium, 1 low and 1 with no nicotine.

And of course started off with high and as each one ran out I went to the next lowest one and then when every one was gone I still used the E-cig with nothing in for a while then suddenly realised I wasn't even doing that.

That was about 9 years ago and I haven't smoked since and cost me about £6 at the time

Just checked the price of tobacco now when I smoked the cheapest pack small pouch I think was about £4 now it's £20 can't believe those prices so glad I gave up
« Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 07:49:29 am by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #643 on: March 11, 2024, 10:19:01 am »
4 weeks 😎

Stepped down the patches to the weaker one today, think I’ll only do a week on these ones and be on the lowest ones next week.

Online Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #644 on: March 11, 2024, 11:52:41 am »
4 weeks 😎

Stepped down the patches to the weaker one today, think I’ll only do a week on these ones and be on the lowest ones next week.
Good for you.   :thumbup

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #645 on: March 14, 2024, 11:25:10 am »
I only smoke after each meal now as I enjoy it more . Now Iam having twenty meals a day.....
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #646 on: March 14, 2024, 03:45:57 pm »
Just stop, that's it, just stop, stop buying them. It's just willpower, I smoked for years and just stopped buying them, you don't buy em you can't smoke them*

* unless you dig the ends out of the bin and roll a new one. Which I never did, honest