Author Topic: John Arne Riise signs for Roma  (Read 66503 times)

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
Re: John Arne Riise signs for Roma
« Reply #520 on: June 20, 2008, 11:34:53 am »
The like of... Reina... are not good enough in my book.  They should flogged this summer.

Congratulations! Now you've completely lost it. The man has won the Barclays Golden Glove for the past 3 years beating Clemence's records in the process.

My flab is completely gasted. Le Tallec I can forgive the love in as I agree he's got talent (attitude stunk mind but nevertheless talent) I can even see how now Carragher should be relegated to the bench with Skrtel and Agger (rumours aside) being the staple partnership for years to come but Reina as a player to get rid of, who do you think is better that we ccould realistically get? Really can't wait to hear this answer
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #521 on: June 20, 2008, 11:42:00 am »
Good Service?  Even Good service is not good enough. Riise needed to better and he wasn't.  End of.  He should have moved on a long time ago.  I think calling Anthony Le Tallec a fraud is way off point. 

We need great players, not frauds. With Alonso and Kewell likely down the road, it seems to me we only have four players up to scratch at the minute: Agger, Gerrard, Mascherano, and Torres.

Babel, Leiva and Srktel have promise, but the jury is out.  I think Benayoun can contribute.  Finnan was up to scratch too, but he' getting on and it seems he's down the road.  Carragher is best given the No. 12 shirt.  And Hyppia can back Carragher up.

The like of Arbeloa, Aurelio, Carson, Crouch, Kuyt, Leto, Pennant, Reina, and Voronin are not good enough in my book.  They should flogged this summer.

I am hopeful that Insua, Hammill, Nemeth, Plessis, El Zhar and one of two others could break through. 

Remember we are in the transfer market for a reason.  The team is not good enough, so we need to find new and better players.

Riise was not good enough, that's why he was moved on.

As I see it.  We have the following:

5 GREAT players.
3 Promising players.
1 Good Player
9 Neckends
5+ Reserve Prospects

Until we have more Great players than Neckends, we are doomed to another 4th place finish.  Judging by the reaction to Riise's departure, that may suit most here.  What have we come to?

Some good points but you really shouldn't be lumping Reina into the category you have!

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #522 on: June 20, 2008, 11:51:20 am »
3 games. That's a hell of alot.

No need to be sarcastic. They are just three prime examples that disprove the nonsensical argument that Aurelio offers nothing going forward. Unless a hat trick of assists against Arsenal doesn't count?

Facts are there mate, 54 games 1 goal. constantly injured.
Dont know where you can get the stats for assists but i gaurentee he's got maybe 2-3 at the most.
As i said, facts are there.

He got three assists in the Arsenal game alone! So the facts aren't there - I listed games where he has contributed four assists and a goal off the top of my head. Galatasary at home I recall a great assist too. Aurelio offers plenty going forward - that's why his services have been retained and JAR is out on his ear.

FFS you really are talking out of your arse.

Offline Jockies Car

• RAOTL TWAOTL
  • Kopite
« Reply #523 on: June 20, 2008, 12:18:22 pm »
The fact that all you plebs can talk about is this Ex DEFENDERS goals, speaks volumes.

Offline Gojedo

• Can your garage boast an ex-Red as a mechanic? Yes? Ah but is it 13000 miles away .....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ethyn Daniel Morgan
« Reply #524 on: June 20, 2008, 12:19:40 pm »
Good luck at Roma Riise. Thanks for some wonderful memories.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Re: Riise appreciation thread.
« Reply #525 on: June 20, 2008, 12:29:15 pm »
JAR will only be remembered for the OG by those who choose to remember him that way. I'll remember him as a hard-woring player, and for THAT goal against the MANCS and the cross for Stevie g to start the comeback of all comebacks.

Is that like hard-whoring ??
Good player, no, very good, just not title winning good. I think he's gone from being a good player in an average team to a good player in a title aspiring side. We've gotten used to his performances and have suffered his weaknesses but I don't know how anyone can rate him as shit.

I remember his free kick against Alan Smith  ;D

Oh, and for comparisons sake, how do you think he compares to Finnan?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Road End Sikh

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #526 on: June 20, 2008, 12:52:21 pm »
The fact that all you plebs can talk about is this Ex DEFENDERS goals, speaks volumes.

Everyone remembers his goal against the Mancs, but what about the goal that got United back in it. A cross from the left, Riise nowhere as usual and Beckham controls it, has a cup of tea, swings it in with his left foot.

That was Riise in a nutshell. A Match of the Day player, who looked good in the highlights, whacking goals in, but couldn't defend properly. Always out of position and woeful distribution. 

Having said that, he did provide some great "moments" and it wasn't really his fault he wasn't good enough and kept getting picked.

I wish him all the best at Roma.   
LFC    then   now   always

Offline azer

• Misanthrope who thinks we were battered by Sunderland.
  • Legacy Fan
  • do i not like orange?
« Reply #527 on: June 20, 2008, 12:56:26 pm »

How about the fact that he has been part of the best back 4 we have had consistently over the last 7 years. Reina doesnt win the golden glove on his own you know!
Something quaint and witty.

Offline azer

• Misanthrope who thinks we were battered by Sunderland.
  • Legacy Fan
  • do i not like orange?
« Reply #528 on: June 20, 2008, 12:59:57 pm »
No need to be sarcastic. They are just three prime examples that disprove the nonsensical argument that Aurelio offers nothing going forward. Unless a hat trick of assists against Arsenal doesn't count?

He got three assists in the Arsenal game alone! So the facts aren't there - I listed games where he has contributed four assists and a goal off the top of my head. Galatasary at home I recall a great assist too. Aurelio offers plenty going forward - that's why his services have been retained and JAR is out on his ear.

FFS you really are talking out of your arse.

Im sorry mate, but anyone who rate aurelio really is talking nonsense. IF we are so confident about him why get another left back in? Would aurelio get into any other team in the top 10...no.
he is just not good enough. How you cant see that is just beyond me!!! if he was any good he'd be in the brazil squad which i presume he isnt as i havent heard it. Even a young lucas can get in that squad.
Aurelio: 54 games, 1 goal, 20 injuries.....PL standard alright ....
Something quaint and witty.

Offline Jockies Car

• RAOTL TWAOTL
  • Kopite
« Reply #529 on: June 20, 2008, 01:00:25 pm »
How about the fact that he has been part of the best back 4 we have had consistently over the last 7 years. Reina doesnt win the golden glove on his own you know!

Most of the goal conceeded come from the left.

Offline fernando torres

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: June 20, 2008, 01:02:12 pm »

Have you got statistics to back this argument up?

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #531 on: June 20, 2008, 01:02:53 pm »
Im sorry mate, but anyone who rate aurelio really is talking nonsense. IF we are so confident about him why get another left back in? Would aurelio get into any other team in the top 10...no.
he is just not good enough. How you cant see that is just beyond me!!! if he was any good he'd be in the brazil squad which i presume he isnt as i havent heard it. Even a young lucas can get in that squad.

Aurelio is class, just very unlucky with injurues. Which is why we need someone else, as it's too risky to shift the burden on to Insua alone. 1 goal? he's a defender last I heard. How many did Finnan get this season? Arbeloa? Carragher?
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline Jockies Car

• RAOTL TWAOTL
  • Kopite
« Reply #532 on: June 20, 2008, 01:04:20 pm »
Have you got statistics to back this argument up?

No,

Watch the match. Preferably in the ground.

Offline Le Terrible

• GAJAJ AlbertStubbinsGU
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: June 20, 2008, 01:08:09 pm »

Exactly. We haven't had a proper left back since Jim Beglin got crocked.  The rest have been shite or heroic stopgaps.  Riise has been pivotal to our failings in recent years.  Getting excited about the old piledriver shows the level of support is as inconsistent as our play.  Riise stayed in the squad because he a big pair of lungs.  He wasn't a footballer.  We've had the same discussion about Sissoko.  Now they're both gone, thank fuck.  Nine more neckends to go.

Offline fernando torres

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #534 on: June 20, 2008, 01:08:22 pm »
No,

Watch the match. Preferably in the ground.

Nice one, how long did it take you to make that up?......I suppose it just typifies your intelligence.

You and your cohorts from RAOTL think your above every other fan, to be honest you just make me laugh.....pathetic.

Offline Jockies Car

• RAOTL TWAOTL
  • Kopite
« Reply #535 on: June 20, 2008, 01:12:03 pm »
Nice one, how long did it take you to make that up?......I suppose it just typifies your intelligence.

You and your cohorts from RAOTL think your above every other fan, to be honest you just make me laugh.....pathetic.

Pretty much instant. I dont think I am above any other fan. I can't speak for my Cohorts mind you. I base my opinions on what I see on the pitch. Someone mentioned Match of the Day player before. Good Describtion. Go on Youtube and you can find a montage of Sean Dundee's (look him up) goals. 30 goals a season he scored in the German league. We should sign him up.

Offline Le Terrible

• GAJAJ AlbertStubbinsGU
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #536 on: June 20, 2008, 01:13:52 pm »

I bet it took him less time than it took for you to think up fernando torres.  I don't know Jockies Scar, but if I would honoured to meet him.  He knows his football. 

Offline fernando torres

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #537 on: June 20, 2008, 01:16:01 pm »
Pretty much instant. I dont think I am above any other fan. I can't speak for my Cohorts mind you. I base my opinions on what I see on the pitch. Someone mentioned Match of the Day player before. Good Describtion. Go on Youtube and you can find a montage of Sean Dundee's (look him up) goals. 30 goals a season he scored in the German league. We should sign him up.

What the hell has Sean Dundee got to with this? - In my opinion and I am sure plenty of posters have backed me up and will back me on this to say that JAR was a quality defender and professional for Liverpool yes his form dipped in the final years but to hold him accountable for all our mistakes is just not on.........I also base my opinions on what I see on the pitch.

Offline fernando torres

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #538 on: June 20, 2008, 01:19:24 pm »
I bet it took him less time than it took for you to think up fernando torres.  I don't know Jockies Scar, but if I would honoured to meet him.  He knows his football. 

Well get a hotel room then and change your avatar while your at it, that to me typifies a very average footballer who lived off a decent under 18 tournament. Now he is a disgrace.

Offline Jockies Car

• RAOTL TWAOTL
  • Kopite
« Reply #539 on: June 20, 2008, 01:20:20 pm »
You probably do know me. I'm something of a "face" 

Offline Le Terrible

• GAJAJ AlbertStubbinsGU
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #540 on: June 20, 2008, 01:20:48 pm »
What the hell has Sean Dundee got to with this? - In my opinion and I am sure plenty of posters have backed me up and will back me on this to say that JAR was a quality defender and professional for Liverpool yes his form dipped in the final years but to hold him accountable for all our mistakes is just not on.........I also base my opinions on what I see on the pitch.

Exactly.  Plenty of posters would back you up because they don't know a proper left back from sow's belly.  Your boy JAR was a cross country runner masquerading as a footballer. 

Offline fernando torres

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #541 on: June 20, 2008, 01:25:58 pm »
Exactly.  Plenty of posters would back you up because they don't know a proper left back from sow's belly.  Your boy JAR was a cross country runner masquerading as a footballer. 

he is not 'my boy', but obviously you would know a left back and your opinion along with Jockie's arse is so very distinguished

Offline Jockies Car

• RAOTL TWAOTL
  • Kopite
« Reply #542 on: June 20, 2008, 01:27:59 pm »
he is not 'my boy', but obviously you would know a left back and your opinion along with Jockie's arse is so very distinguished

See, you start getting personal and you lose the arguement. If you have nothing nice to say, best not say anything. As my dear arl Mother probably said.

Offline fernando torres

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #543 on: June 20, 2008, 01:31:51 pm »
See, you start getting personal and you lose the arguement. If you have nothing nice to say, best not say anything. As my dear arl Mother probably said.

lets get this right, you weren the one getting personal with JAR and I said it was uncalled for. I am not doubting your knowledge of LFC but I do disagree with not giving respect to someone who has played for Liverpool for over 7 years.

I think we just have to agree to disagree.

Offline Mark_P

• Stupid fucking little gosbite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: June 20, 2008, 01:32:54 pm »
Who do you think you are?

Bye John - YNWA.
Just GO you Yank twats.

Offline Dave Skywalker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #545 on: June 20, 2008, 01:33:15 pm »
Go on Youtube and you can find a montage of Sean Dundee's (look him up) goals. 30 goals a season he scored in the German league. We should sign him up.

Just did. Great find. Can get him for £8mill i reckon.

GET HIM IN RAFFA!

;D

Offline Jockies Car

• RAOTL TWAOTL
  • Kopite
« Reply #546 on: June 20, 2008, 01:36:08 pm »
lets get this right, you weren the one getting personal with JAR and I said it was uncalled for. I am not doubting your knowledge of LFC but I do disagree with not giving respect to someone who has played for Liverpool for over 7 years.

I think we just have to agree to disagree.

Were did I get Personal about Riise? Bankrupt, Swapped shirts with Rooney, not a very good defender. All fact. You've not even seen my arse so cant comment whether its distinguished or not. For all you know I'm a Gulf War Veteran who had his arse blow off during desert storm. Show a little bit of restraint.

Offline Scully

• Clunge Bag
  • Legacy Fan
  • Libpool born and bred.
« Reply #547 on: June 20, 2008, 01:40:58 pm »
I do disagree with not giving respect to someone who has played for Liverpool for over 7 years.

Would you have respect for Bob Boulder?
Every Trefoil has a story

In the 1980's UK cities saw the terraces full of three stripes as the football 'Casuals' developed an obsession for trainers and styles such as Rom, Forest Hills and Samba.

Offline steelersmark

• is engaged to a girl from Firenze.... firenze forever? Facebook Whopper Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't go out tonight...
« Reply #548 on: June 20, 2008, 01:44:41 pm »
It's probably come up earlier in the thread but I've been away for a bit, how much did we sign him for, I can't remember?
"Lads, we've all seen Airport, we know where this is going."

Offline fernando torres

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: June 20, 2008, 01:46:24 pm »
Would you have respect for Bob Boulder?

Bob Bolder is different he never got an opportunity as he was only back up to Brucie and he was only with us for 2 years, this was abotu Riise and giving a bit of respect to him for his service over 7 years

Offline Jockies Car

• RAOTL TWAOTL
  • Kopite
« Reply #550 on: June 20, 2008, 01:47:38 pm »

Bob Bolder is different he never got an opportunity as he was only back up to Brucie and he was only with us for 2 years, this was abotu Riise and giving a bit of respect to him for his service over 7 years

nevermind that. What about a bit of respect for my poor arse. Say sorry.

Offline fernando torres

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #551 on: June 20, 2008, 01:48:38 pm »
nevermind that. What about a bit of respect for my poor arse. Say sorry.

sorry please forgive me.

Offline Jockies Car

• RAOTL TWAOTL
  • Kopite
« Reply #552 on: June 20, 2008, 01:49:02 pm »
It's probably come up earlier in the thread but I've been away for a bit, how much did we sign him for, I can't remember?

4 mill. so technically all he cost us was a Champions League final and a couple of leagues.

Offline Jockies Car

• RAOTL TWAOTL
  • Kopite
« Reply #553 on: June 20, 2008, 01:49:45 pm »
sorry please forgive me.

Drawn a line. Friends? give us a cyber hug.

Offline fernando torres

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #554 on: June 20, 2008, 01:51:34 pm »
Drawn a line. Friends? give us a cyber hug.

OK OK end of argument- agree to disagree. See you at the Sandon  ;D

Offline Jockies Car

• RAOTL TWAOTL
  • Kopite
« Reply #555 on: June 20, 2008, 01:53:18 pm »
OK OK end of argument- agree to disagree. See you at the Sandon  ;D

Not if I see you first pal.

Get us a couple of cans, I'll be on the wall. No beak though. Laying off for a bit.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #556 on: June 20, 2008, 01:54:08 pm »

Get us a couple of cans, I'll be on the wall. No beak though. Laying off for a bit.

haah you tit

Offline fernando torres

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #557 on: June 20, 2008, 01:55:33 pm »

first floor or on the bottom floor?

You will see my selling DVD's and roses before each game.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #558 on: June 20, 2008, 01:55:40 pm »
Whopper post of the day (so far), congratulations you must be proud.

Reason, as has already been pointed out by Bill, for getting in Dossena is that we need a reliable cover/alternative to Fabio due to the fact he has picked up some unlucky injuries. Unfortunately, the last one even though minor, indirectly caused us to not to go to Moscow thanks to his replacement (the hero of this eponymous thread) signing off his Anfield career in style. Insua is still far too young and raw to be given such responsibility, he will be eased in gently.

Only 1 goal? Perhaps but displaying technical ability and finishing that puts certain of our forwards to shame. His form since January upto his last minutes against Chelsea was superb, the standout highlight being the San Siro assist but in all matches, he was very assured composed moving the ball about higher up the field whilst keeping a tight reign at the back.

As for his Brazil ambitions, firstly he was probably their best LB during his Valencia days, but couldn't get in the squad due to the presence of a certain Roberto Carlos (see my avatar on the left), a great player who redefined the role of LB, but one who was also a political pick even when out of form - same deal with Pepe and St Iker. Aurelio has, however, been called up a few times since, but had to pull out due to injury unfortunately - similar to Arbeloa. Oh and when talking about the forthcoming Barca game in 2007, Ronaldinho was very keen to wax lyrical about the qualities of Fabio. So all in all, I think you're talking shite.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Jockies Car

• RAOTL TWAOTL
  • Kopite
« Reply #559 on: June 20, 2008, 01:57:27 pm »
first floor or on the bottom floor?

You will see my selling DVD's and roses before each game.

Neither. Outside. Sandon is full of bad wools. (pre match)

Riise=shite.