Author Topic: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)  (Read 1067882 times)

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Reply #16040 on: May 5, 2024, 08:23:45 pm »
What was exactly the threat?

He's got more involved in the game, looked sharper. Could have had a goal/assist. That's in 20 minutes off the bench. He's done nothing for weeks.

He was embarrassingly bad in the derby, looked like a competition winner, and offered nothing coming on at West Ham. That's a bit more like his old self. I know his finishing is always erratic but he's usually a threat. He was terrible in his previous appearances.
« Last Edit: May 5, 2024, 08:25:41 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16041 on: May 5, 2024, 08:33:40 pm »
Can we not get our record goalscorer to take him on the training ground and offer some tips?
We are Loyal Supporters

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16042 on: May 5, 2024, 08:37:30 pm »
I feel like this thread needs to be locked until next season.

Just fucking let him have a chance to go again under Slot. He made progress this season (though has dropped again) - and I'd expect even more progress next season.

If that happens - then he's hitting 20 goals + __ assists - easily.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16043 on: May 5, 2024, 08:38:22 pm »
He’s out of confidence, came into a game that had turned chaotic, don’t see the problem.

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16044 on: May 5, 2024, 08:39:11 pm »
He was embarrassingly bad in the derby, looked like a competition winner, and offered nothing coming on at West Ham. That's a bit more like his old self.

He's rapid and Tottenham were playing a ridiculous high line in the faint hope of a miracle comeback. I wouldn't read too much into it. Although finding himself offside 3 times if certainly more like his old self.

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16045 on: May 5, 2024, 08:41:25 pm »
So say all losers.

Humbled you'd take time out of your criminal trial and presidential campaign to share your thoughts on our forum.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16046 on: May 5, 2024, 08:46:03 pm »
Worth to remember  :wave

Peter Crouch’s story is one to remember for Darwin Nunez and Liverpool fans

While the wider football media seem to be eager to cast Darwin Nunez as a flop, Liverpool supporters are sticking by the Uruguayan

In the increasingly repulsive world of football ‘banter’ online, Nunez is the current target of social media accounts that should know better, including those who are official broadcasters of the Premier League.

Thankfully, Liverpool fans aren’t giving up on the 23-year-old and after the win over Leicester last week it was his name that the Kop chanted post-match.

Such loyalty from the fans has previously paid dividends, as explained by former striker Peter Crouch recently.

The Englishman arrived from Southampton in the summer of 2005 for £7 million but went 18 appearances without a goal for his new club.

“What was so amazing was that Liverpool fans stuck with me,” Crouch explained on the Diary of a CEO podcast.

“That’s something that I’ll never forget, because I swear to you, any club in the world, having just won the Champions League in one of the best finals we’ve ever seen in Istanbul, they signed me and I turn up and I don’t score in 18 games.

“I don’t think there’s a club – a top club – in the world that tolerates that as a fan base apart from Liverpool fans.”

Crouch eventually broke his duck against Wigan in December, one of the strangest goals you’ll ever see, via a massive looped deflection that some said was actually an own goal.

“They stuck by me,” recalled Crouch. “It was like a siege mentality; everyone else is attacking him but he’s one of ours and we’re with him. It felt like every time they were willing me to score.

“When I eventually did, you can see the footage, the camera’s shaking, it’s like we’ve won a European Cup final; people wanted me to score that much.

“I’m thankful to this day that they did stick with me, because I managed to turn it around after that.

“It was a special moment at a special club.”

Crouch scored another, a perhaps more legitimate, goal in that same game and ended the season with 13 goals in all competitions. Crouch scored 18 goals the following season, but the arrival of Fernando Torres in 2007 saw him depart the Reds the following summer.
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16047 on: May 5, 2024, 09:11:07 pm »

and then i fucked off because i felt i was too good to be on the bench. if i only i stayed i could have won a league and played a good amount of games

The End.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16048 on: May 5, 2024, 09:18:57 pm »

He'd not get anything like that support if he joined this team now. The standards are far higher and to be honest everybody would be gutted we signed a player like that.

Offline PaleBlueDot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16049 on: May 5, 2024, 09:19:56 pm »
He'd not get anything like that support if he joined this team now. The standards are far higher and to be honest everybody would be gutted we signed a player like that.

I think Nunez has had fantastic support since he's signed. From the match-goers that is.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #16050 on: May 5, 2024, 09:26:55 pm »
I think Nunez has had fantastic support since he's signed. From the match-goers that is.
Most definitely.
Sure you hear the odd moan or groan, but generally in full support of him all around the ground.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16051 on: May 5, 2024, 09:49:04 pm »
I'm talking about Crouch

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #16052 on: May 5, 2024, 09:54:48 pm »
A good performance. And people are talking utter shite about one of our players again.

Shameful

Oh come on mate....he was offside 3 times and missed a 1v1. That doesnt constitute a 'good performance'. He did well at pressing, he worked hard, ran around and tried his best and that's all we can ask of a player.

But if you were at the game you'll have seen that immediately after missing his 1v1, he ripped off the take around his wrist and threw it on the ground. Within seconds, the referee blew for full time and instead of celebrating the win with the team and doing a lap to clap the crowd like the rest of the players, he walked directly to the tunnel without speaking to anyone.

He was pissed off with his performance. He should have had an assist and a goal, but instead he was left frustrated.

I've not hidden my thoughts about Nunez as I dont think he's good enough, but at this point, I do feel sorry for the lad. He clearly wants to do well and is working as hard as he can, but at the very top level the margins are so small and when we're in a CL semi final and that one big chance falls to someone, you need that person to be a killer in front of goal. Nunez isnt that player and we can do better.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16053 on: May 5, 2024, 10:41:26 pm »

Match going fans tend to talk sense. The dickheads of the internet have gave him so much shit he’s deleted all of his LFC photos from his Instagram tonight.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #16054 on: May 5, 2024, 10:47:05 pm »
Still think if we sold he'd be no massive loss. Misses way to many easy chances and for 70 mill  should be better.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #16055 on: May 5, 2024, 10:48:36 pm »
Do people really think he gives a crap about what most fans think of him? Or what some people on an internet forum write about him? It's not like he gets booed or anything. He's frustrated and low on confidence because he's a professional who's not currently doing what he's payed to be doing. Everyone wants to be the best they can be at something and he's currently not showing that and I'm sure it must be very frustrating for him.

But selling him because his performances get overanalyzed and it has lead to some kind of toxic environment by the fan base is one of the craziest things I've heard in a while, fuck me.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16056 on: May 5, 2024, 10:58:08 pm »
Do people really think he gives a crap about what most fans think of him? Or what some people on an internet forum write about him? It's not like he gets booed or anything. He's frustrated and low on confidence because he's a professional who's not currently doing what he's payed to be doing. Everyone wants to be the best they can be at something and he's currently not showing that and I'm sure it must be very frustrating for him.

But selling him because his performances get overanalyzed and it has lead to some kind of toxic environment by the fan base is one of the craziest things I've heard in a while, fuck me.

You realise it was a facetious comment on the amount of abuse he's getting and how he can literally do no right as far as the fanbase is concerned, right?

Not being funny, but you don't take the time to sit down and go through a year of Instagram photos deleting everything Liverpool related if you "don't give a crap what people think/write about you". No doubt some will criticise him for not having a thicker skin, or say well what does he expect, but it's pretty obvious he has a confidence issue that is being exacerbated by the pile-on from fans and pundits alike. Not saying he should be babied or anything, and all footballers take flak at times, but fuck me no-one has been singled out quite like he has in recent times. People act like he's a fucking meme, not a human being.

Offline MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16057 on: May 5, 2024, 10:58:18 pm »
I thought he'd kick on this season and said we needed him to be on top form for us to win the league. That hasn't happened. I'm not sure of the contract situation but I would definitely keep him if he has a few years left. With coaching he surely can stay onside more and pick his shots better? I know those are major elements of a top striker but I think those can be taught. The size, physicality and pace can't be.

It would also cost massive money to replace him. Not sure there are many out there better than him now either.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #16058 on: May 5, 2024, 11:09:40 pm »
Made a goal.  Offside by a very small margin.

Created another greta chance by winning the ball high.

Missed a one on one.

And he’s getting destroyed again.  Incredible
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #16059 on: May 5, 2024, 11:10:18 pm »
I thought he'd kick on this season and said we needed him to be on top form for us to win the league. That hasn't happened. I'm not sure of the contract situation but I would definitely keep him if he has a few years left. With coaching he surely can stay onside more and pick his shots better? I know those are major elements of a top striker but I think those can be taught. The size, physicality and pace can't be.

It would also cost massive money to replace him. Not sure there are many out there better than him now either.
Ramsey was 4th on the sportswriters player of the year.

He has the same record as Nunez
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16060 on: May 5, 2024, 11:12:04 pm »

Signed him to a six year contract.

Offline MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16061 on: May 5, 2024, 11:45:19 pm »
Ramsey was 4th on the sportswriters player of the year.

He has the same record as Nunez
Probably shows my lack of football knowledge these days since I watch very little outside Liverpool... who is Ramsey?

Offline PEG2K

• Could be Stan Boardman. Hates the Germans.
  • Kopite
« Reply #16062 on: May 5, 2024, 11:59:05 pm »
The Instagram thing is weird. Apparently he always disabled the comment section so it's not like he received abuses from some idiots. Nothing happened with the match going fans either. So what triggered the deleting?

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16063 on: May 6, 2024, 12:13:49 am »
Made a goal.  Offside by a very small margin.

Created another greta chance by winning the ball high.

Missed a one on one.

And he’s getting destroyed again.  Incredible

Ripped the tape from his hands and wandered off down the tunnel.
An athlete trying to be a footballer?
Worst conversion rate in the PL.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16064 on: May 6, 2024, 12:27:50 am »
The Instagram thing is weird. Apparently he always disabled the comment section so it's not like he received abuses from some idiots. Nothing happened with the match going fans either. So what triggered the deleting?

Gut feeling is his agent has been told to find a new club, or something along those lines.

Your £80m main man can’t be as inconsistent as him if you want to win the big trophies.

If that’s the case - it’s ruthless but there’s little room for sentiment if we want to get back up there.

With 4 years on his deal, it’s possible we could recoup a large chunk of what we paid.

Online HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16065 on: May 6, 2024, 12:29:06 am »
Apparently he has now deleted all LFC related content and not just recent content which he had removed earlier.

Offline Buster Gonad

• Kopite
« Reply #16066 on: May 6, 2024, 12:39:59 am »
Oh come on mate....he was offside 3 times and missed a 1v1. That doesnt constitute a 'good performance'. He did well at pressing, he worked hard, ran around and tried his best and that's all we can ask of a player.

But if you were at the game you'll have seen that immediately after missing his 1v1, he ripped off the take around his wrist and threw it on the ground. Within seconds, the referee blew for full time and instead of celebrating the win with the team and doing a lap to clap the crowd like the rest of the players, he walked directly to the tunnel without speaking to anyone.

He was pissed off with his performance. He should have had an assist and a goal, but instead he was left frustrated.

I've not hidden my thoughts about Nunez as I dont think he's good enough, but at this point, I do feel sorry for the lad. He clearly wants to do well and is working as hard as he can, but at the very top level the margins are so small and when we're in a CL semi final and that one big chance falls to someone, you need that person to be a killer in front of goal. Nunez isnt that player and we can do better.

He wasn't  offside  three times. Did you watch the match or are you just salivating at the pile on?

He was offside twice. One by millimetres.  Salah was also offside twice, both times by a large margin. Gakpo and Diaz once each.
He walked down the tunnel?  So he threw a strop like Salah did last week. Probably got abused by some melt and lost the head. Who gives a fuck. Neither of them hurt my feelings.
Only mistake he made today is he should have chipped the keeper instead of trying to sidefoot home.

Offline PaleBlueDot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16067 on: May 6, 2024, 12:50:42 am »
Apparently he has now deleted all LFC related content and not just recent content which he had removed earlier.

Yeah bit weird this if he isn't off? Don't think he has received more criticism from the social media weirdos than anyone else has...and arguably more love on matchday than others.

Either he's a bit softer than most or maybe there's more in it regards to a move or something. Big shame it's getting to him but hope he doesn't take it to heart. 

Offline kvarmeismydad

• Might regale ya with tales of footballing genitalia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16068 on: May 6, 2024, 12:57:42 am »
Did anyone clock Robertson and Elliot on the bench when Nunez nearly fumbled a clearance at left back. I think that said it all to me. We are all wanting him to do well and all the time and foe him to suddenly find a calmness in his decision making that allows him to become more clinical but its just not there. You can be great inside the box and average outside, like Michael Owen, or you can be average in front of goal and brilliant outside the box like Firmino. You can't really be inconsistent at both. I really really really want it to happen but I just can't see it. I think the pace of the game in this league is just too much for him but it's an odd scenario because he's got bags of pace. It's his brain that can't keep up rather than his legs.

He can score against anyone. Remember that goal against Real Madrid. Wow. It feels like he's better with no time to think.

I wonder if he'll get better as he gets older and loses a bit of pace. Sounds mad but if he took an extra half second in the box it feels like his brain could have a half chance to communicate with his feet.
@paulair

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #16069 on: May 6, 2024, 01:08:21 am »
He won’t be sold, not this summer at least.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16070 on: May 6, 2024, 01:14:55 am »
Deleting all of the LFC stuff is certainly a weird move, whatever the reason. But you never know with these things. If we get an offer for close to what we paid, I'm not against selling him, but I really, really would rather not. I just hope there isn't some kind of acrimony about it behind the scenes.

Offline MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16071 on: May 6, 2024, 01:14:55 am »
Did anyone clock Robertson and Elliot on the bench when Nunez nearly fumbled a clearance at left back. I think that said it all to me. We are all wanting him to do well and all the time and foe him to suddenly find a calmness in his decision making that allows him to become more clinical but its just not there. You can be great inside the box and average outside, like Michael Owen, or you can be average in front of goal and brilliant outside the box like Firmino. You can't really be inconsistent at both. I really really really want it to happen but I just can't see it. I think the pace of the game in this league is just too much for him but it's an odd scenario because he's got bags of pace. It's his brain that can't keep up rather than his legs.

He can score against anyone. Remember that goal against Real Madrid. Wow. It feels like he's better with no time to think.

I wonder if he'll get better as he gets older and loses a bit of pace. Sounds mad but if he took an extra half second in the box it feels like his brain could have a half chance to communicate with his feet.
The time to think thing is a bit of a pundit myth thing I reckon. The chip and goals against newcastle weren't first time finishes. There are others as well that I can't think of. His biggest problems for me are shot selection and I hate to say it because he does my head in but Owen was right. The chip was mental. Would have been perfect today for the one on one though with the distance between the keeper and goal. He does constantly get that wrong and the thing that annoys me is that I fully believe he can slot it in a corner like he did against us for benfica.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #16072 on: May 6, 2024, 01:21:00 am »
He won’t be sold, not this summer at least.

Indeed. He'll likely get one more year to see if Slot can develop his finishing. If Slot can't develop him into a more consistent finisher, another year would also assist in creating an accounting profit for FFP because few clubs in this market could afford to pay near what we did for him.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #16073 on: May 6, 2024, 01:28:20 am »

Hope he can tell the difference between fans at the ground which have always supported him vs online morons.

:D

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16074 on: May 6, 2024, 01:32:54 am »
Confidence seems rock bottom again. Nobody can say he hasn’t been supported. He’s had the most backing I’ve ever seen for a Liverpool player despite some frustrating performances (and idiotic behaviour in his early days).

Would be good to take him out of the spotlight for a while. We won’t sell him and I don’t think that’s the right thing to do, because he can still be a useful player for us.

Offline johnathank

• youverymuch
  • Main Stander
« Reply #16075 on: May 6, 2024, 01:36:58 am »
Said this before myself, if it is some level of confidence thing then the level of criticism he gets from our fans may completely block his progress.

Really? Cause all I ever hear is people chanting his name every time he misses a chance. He’s never been booed or jeered to my knowledge. If he’s reading RAWK and that’s denting his confidence, he should absolutely be sold.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16076 on: May 6, 2024, 01:37:33 am »
What a car crash of a thread.  ;D

Offline Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
« Reply #16077 on: May 6, 2024, 01:45:53 am »
(Leaving a hacked account aside)

Either he’s leaving or he’s let something get to him badly. Either way it’s disrespectful to delete all his Liverpool pics, he’s had a lot of support since he joined and we’re a club who’ve always given new players time. He needs to sort out what the medjia and assorted online wankers say as opposed to the support he’s gotten at the club. Liverpool as a club deserve more respect than erasing it from your gimp online world.

IF Darwin is going how much can we realistically hope to get for him? £65m?
I know a lot will depend on who’s in for him (The Googlebox says Barca) but we’re going to lose cash on him realistically. This could be one of those transfers where if possible we should look for cash and a young player from whoever we sell him to.
For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Offline KC7

• Main Stander
« Reply #16078 on: May 6, 2024, 02:15:22 am »

Not the young version (before his hamstring snapped and the dodgy repair work).

Saw him in summer '97 and it's the most impressive I've seen any Liverpool player in the flesh. He drifted out to the wing and terrorized the defenders. Remember the high coming away from what I'd just seen. Seen Fowler, great finisher, seen McManaman, great dribber, but Owen was on another level.

Outside the box, long way from goal, in possession of the ball, at that time Owen was arguably the most dangerous forward in the world outside of Ronaldo.

We only saw it at senior level for two years but what a player. The real shame is (which he acknowledged) is we never saw the best of him as that would have been 3 or 4 years away in his early 20s. When he got to that age he had fully matured as a player, but his body couldn't do what it did. When his hamstring went he didn't just predominantly become a penalty box player like Fowler of course, as he still had moments like the FA Cup winning goal (albeit he only had to outpace Lee Dixon), but that ability he had to take on and rinse defences from distance was over. Always felt he was overplayed when he was still a teenager. Thought then that Houllier could have looked after him more, carry the team less for one so young. Main man at 18. Too much too soon. Physically he needed a longer period to build up endurance and body strength but he wasn't given that time.

In terms of Nunez, let's see how he does under Slot. The midfield has been disjointed this season (and last) and not the best for forwards to excel in. Today against Spurs was much better though, faster, better tempo, getting the ball to them quicker, and we looked more dangerous for it. Playing against a team that comes on to you and leaves such spaces did help of course.

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #16079 on: May 6, 2024, 02:26:19 am »
I like him, he seems a decent bloke etc. but wouldn't be sad to see him go.
Hasn't been good enough for us imo and I just don't see how he improves.