Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2792839 times)

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons
« Reply #12640 on: February 17, 2021, 11:31:44 pm »
Apart from anything to do with our games, my biggest joy in footy was their Aguerooooo moment. Thanks for that one!

If you seperate the off the pitch stuff, City are so irrelevant and harmless, it's hard to hate them or drum up a rivalry with them.

When it was a level playing field, they have done nothing in their past to hurt us.

This version of City is so artificial it's impossible for me to take them seriously on any level, I just thank them (as others have on here) for winning the Title over Utd (or lesser rivals Chelsea)

Now can you beat my biggest rivals tomorrow please, the jumped up fuckers are chasing us for a top 4 spec, and we need your help...cheers boys!

It sounds counter intuitive but with most of the league proclaiming them as this great football team (who just so happen to have an unlimited transfer fund), I hope as long as we can't win something they just sweep everything else clean really. If all the other teams want to fawn over them and don't see a problem with them, then let City take all the other available trophies off their hands.

The worst of all was a Red Manc I saw earlier saying "City will win 3 out of 4 league titles and some were saying this Liverpool team were one of the best teams ever". I mean it's great and all for United that we won't be winning the league again this season but there is a very high likelihood that they see City take all the domestic trophies again and lest we forget they were actually cheering them on in 2019.

Saw that Adam McKola losing his head the other day. I think the penny has started to drop that as hilarious as our form might be for them, they're still nowhere near eclipsing their local rivals even after all the luck and penalties they got this season.

A lot of the discourse from some of us about the way in which City manage to continue to compete through dodging FFP was often batted away over the last 2-3 years because for some reason most of the footballing fraternity wanted us to fail - I guess partly that is down to City's triumphs being so meaningless. There were segments of the wider media having the lightbulb moment when City blasted Watford 6-0 in an FA Cup final about how much fun it is when City just pile trophies up, but I think the chickens are coming home to roost for a lot of the red side of Manchester now they've seen us fall away and despite how great that is for them, have realised that yet another season will go by without them getting back up there since Fergie left.

It's not 30 years of course and it may not get that high, but we're closing in on 10 already.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 11:36:55 pm by Hij »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12641 on: February 18, 2021, 09:32:34 am »
Yes, I wonder how long it takes them all to realise that Liverpool not winning , doesn’t make their clubs successful. If not for us , the Abu Dhabian’s would’ve now walked 4 titles in a row. Only Liverpool have pushed them, and indeed smashed them last season. How fans of other clubs could celebrate that is beyond me. We could end up with a situation like leagues we criticise, like France or Scotland,  where generally one club wins everything, every year. I actually believe that would be counter productive for the Abu Dhabi sports washing project, as all people would see is them destroying a once great league. There is no ‘football project’ , no excitement, no great skill involved. All they do is spend billions of state funds on as many top level mercenaries as they are allowed in a squad. It’s actually quite boring. Our title win last year was celebrated so much by the media as it was a genuine victory for football against sports washing. The great sports washed of Manchester really don’t get why nobody gives them any credit for  their titles.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12642 on: February 18, 2021, 09:46:29 am »
Have this lot won more Premier League titles than Chelsea now? Very hard to care about either so it kind of all blurs into one.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12643 on: February 18, 2021, 09:58:43 am »
Can we please have our delayed PL title parade on the same day Abu Dhabi have theirs? The sheer scale of our parade would completely overshadow them buying another title.

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #12644 on: February 18, 2021, 10:02:23 am »
Yes, I wonder how long it takes them all to realise that Liverpool not winning , doesn’t make their clubs successful. If not for us , the Abu Dhabian’s would’ve now walked 4 titles in a row. Only Liverpool have pushed them, and indeed smashed them last season. How fans of other clubs could celebrate that is beyond me. We could end up with a situation like leagues we criticise, like France or Scotland,  where generally one club wins everything, every year. I actually believe that would be counter productive for the Abu Dhabi sports washing project, as all people would see is them destroying a once great league. There is no ‘football project’ , no excitement, no great skill involved. All they do is spend billions of state funds on as many top level mercenaries as they are allowed in a squad. It’s actually quite boring. Our title win last year was celebrated so much by the media as it was a genuine victory for football against sports washing. The great sports washed of Manchester really don’t get why nobody gives them any credit for  their titles.

Been having this conversation and in particular the bit in bold with United fans for the last 18 months or so. Most of them are still deluded enough that they will be challenging them some time soon, when in reality they haven't been near for years.
How a fan of any club thinks what they are doing and more importantly getting away with is good for the game is unbelievable. They are already dominating the domestic league and cups to the point that most are now basically fukcing the cup competitions off, ourselves included.
I hope they never get to the point that they can also dominate in Europe but I don't think their owners will rest until they do to be honest. The thought of those fukcers getting their name on the European Cup doesn't bear thinking of.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12645 on: February 18, 2021, 10:04:11 am »
Been having this conversation and in particular the bit in bold with United fans for the last 18 months or so. Most of them are still deluded enough that they will be challenging them some time soon, when in reality they haven't been near for years.
How a fan of any club thinks what they are doing and more importantly getting away with is good for the game is unbelievable. They are already dominating the domestic league and cups to the point that most are now basically fukcing the cup competitions off, ourselves included.
I hope they never get to the point that they can also dominate in Europe but I don't think their owners will rest until they do to be honest. The thought of those fukcers getting their name on the European Cup doesn't bear thinking of.

I was thinking last night in a pessimistic way that just imagine we had a CL final this season of City v Chelsea. For the second time in my life I’d be hating myself for wanting Chelsea to win a European Cup!

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12646 on: February 18, 2021, 10:46:23 am »
I was thinking last night in a pessimistic way that just imagine we had a CL final this season of City v Chelsea. For the second time in my life I’d be hating myself for wanting Chelsea to win a European Cup!

Just think if City win all 3 domestic cups and then have to play us in the CL final.

That would be interesting to see United fans reaction.

I mean it would end their non stop talk of the treble if they grabbed all four.

The best thing is you have had their in the news fans gloating like Neville/Goldstein when they went top and they completely forgot about City ....brilliant.

I don’t want us to play City in the final with that on the line of course but it would be funny to see how the United media see it.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #12647 on: February 18, 2021, 11:13:07 am »
Just think if City win all 3 domestic cups and then have to play us in the CL final.

That would be interesting to see United fans reaction.

I mean it would end their non stop talk of the treble if they grabbed all four.

The best thing is you have had their in the news fans gloating like Neville/Goldstein when they went top and they completely forgot about City ....brilliant.

I don’t want us to play City in the final with that on the line of course but it would be funny to see how the United media see it.

I think because us being on 7 is no real different to us being on 6 tips it in our favour

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12648 on: February 19, 2021, 09:20:56 am »
In the news today that they have reduced their offer to Messi to ‘only’ around £450M ( can’t remember exact amount). REDUCED TO  £450M! Absolutely disgusting amount. Just another example of the sports washing state funds being put to good use I guess. The sports washed of Manchester actually believe what the Abu Dhabian’s  are doing is good for the league, they actually say they are giving other smaller clubs hope that they too could win the league.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12649 on: February 19, 2021, 09:30:05 am »
Abu Dhabi FC are only relevant in certain areas of south Manchester and Stockport. The rest of the world finds them irrelevant.

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #12650 on: February 19, 2021, 09:44:39 am »
Can we please have our delayed PL title parade on the same day Abu Dhabi have theirs? The sheer scale of our parade would completely overshadow them buying another title.
Swerve the delayed parade, that's been and gone now. Just win the European Cup again which over shadowed anything they done that season.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12651 on: February 19, 2021, 09:57:39 am »
Swerve the delayed parade, that's been and gone now. Just win the European Cup again which over shadowed anything they done that season.
True. Another European cup this season would turn this season into a major success. With the added benefit of overshadowing whatever Abu Dhabi do.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #12652 on: February 19, 2021, 10:22:20 am »
In the news today that they have reduced their offer to Messi to ‘only’ around £450M ( can’t remember exact amount). REDUCED TO  £450M! Absolutely disgusting amount. Just another example of the sports washing state funds being put to good use I guess. The sports washed of Manchester actually believe what the Abu Dhabian’s  are doing is good for the league, they actually say they are giving other smaller clubs hope that they too could win the league.

That would (if true) be his contract offer. The money (after Lionels creative accounting) goes in his back pocket.

The argument that AD City are putting money into the game for the good of other clubs just doesn't wash in this situation. It's helping no one apart from Messi and his entourage.

Don't see it happening personally

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12653 on: February 19, 2021, 10:24:52 am »
That would (if true) be his contract offer. The money (after Lionels creative accounting) goes in his back pocket.

The argument that AD City are putting money into the game for the good of other clubs just doesn't wash in this situation. It's helping no one apart from Messi and his entourage.

Don't see it happening personally
I would love them to sign Messi...the day before we announce Mbappe!

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #12654 on: February 19, 2021, 10:53:01 am »
Have this lot won more Premier League titles than Chelsea now? Very hard to care about either so it kind of all blurs into one.
They've both won 6 each now, although only 3 titles between them before the billionaire sugar daddies arrived.

There's a 50-year gap between Chelsea's 'proper' title win and when the Russian crook took over, and a 44-year wait for City before Abu Dhabi FC bought their first title.

City are so desperate to be relevant that someone has even put all the years they finished as runners-up on Wikipedia (in every competition, including the championship  ;D).

12 titles between them, billions spent, and all completely unearned and soulless. They are both pure 'premier league' clubs in more ways than one - manufactured, money driven, desperate to be seen as having pedigree and history, and the complete opposite of a club that's grown organically over decades.

One champions league title between them is hilarious considering the money they've spent, the managers they've had, and the massive financial advantage they've had over most clubs in Europe.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12655 on: February 19, 2021, 12:45:39 pm »

I honestly think Messi going to Man City could be the worst thing that could happen for those who want to shine a light on how they go about things. The media will absolutely love them for bringing him into the Premier League and they won't give a shit about them having to break every financial rule to do it (not that many of them care anyway).
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12656 on: February 19, 2021, 01:32:14 pm »
I would quite happy for him to go there - completely unbalance the team - get kicked mercilessly in the prem - and spend age 34 onwards there.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12657 on: February 19, 2021, 02:49:39 pm »
They'll sign Messi for £430 million over five season and the wage bill will somehow be lower.

They'll create a 3rd Company House to put about 80% of Messi wages there that will not be on the Turnover.

Also should put on record they are the only team in World football that have created a 2nd Company House/Entity to divert all non playing staff wages to.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Aintree Rum

• Boys Pen
« Reply #12658 on: February 19, 2021, 04:12:27 pm »
They'll sign Messi for £430 million over five season and the wage bill will somehow be lower.

They'll create a 3rd Company House to put about 80% of Messi wages there that will not be on the Turnover.

Also should put on record they are the only team in World football that have created a 2nd Company House/Entity to divert all non playing staff wages to.

... that's an expense, so it would never feature in the turnover... unless they decided to sign another in house 'sponsorship deal' to cover the cost 8)

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12659 on: February 19, 2021, 04:22:50 pm »
... that's an expense, so it would never feature in the turnover... unless they decided to sign another in house 'sponsorship deal' to cover the cost 8)
Aren’t Etihad ready to up-negotiate their sponsorship deal again? Despite not being able to afford it in the first place? I’m sure city’s ruler’s brother will step in again to help them out with some more state funds.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #12660 on: February 19, 2021, 04:27:11 pm »
Messi will be an Abu Dhabi ambassador, and Man City will pay him £100k a week or something. He'll retire and then magically become the 50% owner of Newells Old Boys City FC.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12661 on: February 19, 2021, 04:40:09 pm »
Messi will be an Abu Dhabi ambassador, and Man City will pay him £100k a week or something. He'll retire and then magically become the 50% owner of Newells Old Boys City FC.
All legal and above board of course.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12662 on: February 20, 2021, 11:42:47 am »
It’ll be fun beating these shits to the title with Messi leading the line for them.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12663 on: February 20, 2021, 11:56:37 am »
So the reason they somehow have the third lowest wages in the PL at present despite being the biggest spenders in World football is they do things differently.

Every club includes whole clubs wages, players and non playing staff, City don't, they create a 2nd company House divert over 400 people wages to it which includes highly paid directors,  and executives in Commercial, Matchday etc.

Player image right again City do it differently to keep them off the books and lower the wages to turnover ratio to the low 50's, they divert those  image rights to a British Virgin Islands entity. The repeated claims they sold them to a third party was found to be BS as it came out in the CAS hearing.

So yes they will sign Messi and it will be for an extortionate amount and City's wages will still be in the lower 50% to turnover.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 11:59:16 am by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12664 on: February 20, 2021, 12:48:58 pm »
All legal and above board of course.

It'll be like the 40 million a year Qatar pay Neymar to be a world cup 2022 ambassador
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #12665 on: February 23, 2021, 08:23:33 am »
Miguel Delaney had an article yesterday about them having it easy this season and leaning towards money

i replied pretty much saying how money is no object at all to them stating how they can simply replace players with money being no object and not many clubs have that luxury

you should see the replies i got, apparently stating that means I'm a bitter, self entitled, arrogant crybaby who should get his coaching badges to replace Pep, am also a person that I find irritating according to some

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12666 on: February 23, 2021, 08:40:29 am »
Miguel Delaney had an article yesterday about them having it easy this season and leaning towards money

i replied pretty much saying how money is no object at all to them stating how they can simply replace players with money being no object and not many clubs have that luxury

you should see the replies i got, apparently stating that means I'm a bitter, self entitled, arrogant crybaby who should get his coaching badges to replace Pep, am also a person that I find irritating according to some

The truth hurts mate!  They know the score, but they'd rather just ignore it and pretend it wasn't the case.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12667 on: February 23, 2021, 08:44:27 am »
The truth hurts mate!  They know the score, but they'd rather just ignore it and pretend it wasn't the case.
a person i find irritating is an auto correct of something more abusive i was called

you get the picture

my two favorites were that i didnt complain in the 60s 70s and 80s when we were bankrolled by the moores family and after giving examples of the money they spent on defenders to replace ones that were already acquired at great expense i was told we did the same buying andy carroll to replace lambert, and that when carroll didnt work we got torres......................

i also want fenway out cos they are shit owners, i dunno how seen as i never even mentioned our owners

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12668 on: February 23, 2021, 08:55:17 am »
They’ve all swallowed the same manual haven’t they about how Sheikh John Moores the Everton director bankrolled us in the 60s when we went on unprecedented spending sprees to bring in the most expensive players in the world from the likes of Motherwell, Scunthorpe and Dundee United.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12669 on: February 23, 2021, 09:04:34 am »
They’ve all swallowed the same manual haven’t they about how Sheikh John Moores the Everton director bankrolled us in the 60s when we went on unprecedented spending sprees to bring in the most expensive players in the world from the likes of Motherwell, Scunthorpe and Dundee United.
I did challenge the fella who said that to outline how exactly we had such a big financial advantage over everyone else in the 80s

he responds "what do you care"

just ignored most, be replying til 2024 if i got around to everyone

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12670 on: February 23, 2021, 01:31:50 pm »
This lot were as concerned about RAWK being offline as much as us the weird fuckers.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #12671 on: February 23, 2021, 01:58:24 pm »
This lot were as concerned about RAWK being offline as much as us the weird fuckers.
Opposition fans were more upset at the loss of RAWK than we were.

We are their lives.  :wave
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12672 on: February 23, 2021, 02:21:15 pm »
bluemoon?

Offline Aintree Rum

• Boys Pen
« Reply #12673 on: February 23, 2021, 02:25:23 pm »

...and you know this how?

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12674 on: February 23, 2021, 02:28:52 pm »

...and you know this how?

I searched ‘RAWK down’ on Twitter a couple of times yesterday and found more tweets about it from City (and one Arsenal) fan than I did us lot. Not an in depth study but nice to know we’re still popular.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12675 on: February 23, 2021, 02:33:54 pm »
Seems like me and Nicholas made the same run.

Also who is the RAWK Editor on twitter? I didn't know RAWK has a twitter.  ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12676 on: February 23, 2021, 02:37:53 pm »
Seems like me and Nicholas made the same run.

Also who is the RAWK Editor on twitter? I didn't know RAWK has a twitter.  ;D

Chopper.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #12677 on: February 23, 2021, 03:27:16 pm »
I searched ‘RAWK down’ on Twitter a couple of times yesterday and found more tweets about it from City (and one Arsenal) fan than I did us lot. Not an in depth study but nice to know we’re still popular.

I tried searching RAWK but that brings up some strange tweets I can tell you! Then I remembered there is actually a RAWK twitter.

That downforeveryoneorjustme.com is good for checking too.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12678 on: February 23, 2021, 03:34:43 pm »
pretty sure rawk was the biggest thread on redcafe for years

probably still is

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12679 on: February 23, 2021, 04:26:37 pm »
I tried searching RAWK but that brings up some strange tweets I can tell you! Then I remembered there is actually a RAWK twitter.

That downforeveryoneorjustme.com is good for checking too.

Haha yeah, I tried searching ‘RAWK’ today. A lot of shite to filer through (how apt ;) ).