Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2793136 times)

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons
« Reply #12800 on: March 19, 2021, 11:46:02 am »
City in the running to sign Grealish. I would be super jealous because Grealish is an amazing footballer.
It's alright though, as long as they stop the nasty Scousers from winning anything it is all fine. Let's ignore the fact that their sportwashing is making a mockery of the league. Only for Klopp and Liverpool, it would be 4 in a row by 15+ point margins.

You can understand blinkered idiot rival fans not caring, but the media is something else. Anti-Liverpool shite much of the time even though we're the team preventing the 'best league in the world' being about as competitive as the early years of the Latvian League.

The media loves to take the piss out of Liverpool FC, but says absolutely NOTHING about the oil cheating farce.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #12801 on: March 19, 2021, 11:51:32 am »
It's alright though, as long as they stop the nasty Scousers from winning anything it is all fine. Let's ignore the fact that their sportwashing is making a mockery of the league. Only for Klopp and Liverpool, it would be 4 in a row by 15+ point margins.

You can understand blinkered idiot rival fans not caring, but the media is something else. Anti-Liverpool shite much of the time even though we're the team preventing the 'best league in the world' being about as competitive as the early years of the Latvian League.

The media loves to take the piss out of Liverpool FC, but says absolutely NOTHING about the oil cheating farce.

Eek.  You've not yet got to the Christmas episodes have you  :-X

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12802 on: March 19, 2021, 11:52:19 am »
City in the running to sign Grealish. I would be super jealous because Grealish is an amazing footballer.

Yeah, he's class, but I could live with that if it means that they wouldn't sign Haaland. Someone with that quality of movement and finishing leading their line would be terrifying.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12803 on: March 19, 2021, 11:53:25 am »
Yeah, he's class, but I could live with that if it means that they wouldn't sign Haaland. Someone with that quality of movement and finishing leading their line would be terrifying.

They will probably sign him as well.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #12804 on: March 19, 2021, 11:58:04 am »
Eek.  You've not yet got to the Christmas episodes have you  :-X
;D

I mean in 2018/19 and 2019/20 specifically of course. In 2017/18 and 2020/21 we didn't challenge and neither did anyone else.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12805 on: March 19, 2021, 01:32:04 pm »
its shaping up to be one of those isnt it. Haaland to knocked them out of the champions league and they go to signed him for about 200 million in summer.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #12806 on: March 19, 2021, 01:33:56 pm »
City to get Porto today?

Chelsea got them, but Abu Dhabi got the next best option in Borussia Dortmund and their rookie interim coach and leaky defence.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #12807 on: March 19, 2021, 01:54:20 pm »
Chelsea got them, but Abu Dhabi got the next best option in Borussia Dortmund and their rookie interim coach and leaky defence.
but dortmund are no pushover with haaland and will attack

plus if city get through they will have a very tough semi final

id rather our draw than theirs
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12808 on: March 19, 2021, 01:59:56 pm »
but dortmund are no pushover with haaland and will attack

plus if city get through they will have a very tough semi final

id rather our draw than theirs

depends what dortmund turn up, they can very much be a pushover at times. 

Their form has been better recently though for sure.  But Guardiola will eat Edin Terzic for breakfast.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #12809 on: March 19, 2021, 02:04:39 pm »
City can buy both, no matter the cost.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12810 on: March 20, 2021, 01:02:58 pm »
Fabrizio Romano reporting City in for a left back in the summer, favouring Nuno Mendes from Sporting who has a €70m release clause. £421m spent on defenders so far yet still they want more. Either that or they’ll buy Angelino (again) and swiftly send him back to Leipzig (again) like they have done in seemingly every transfer window since 2010.

Mendy, Zinchenko, Cancelo, Ake and Walker can all play LB, but why compromise when you can go out for a shiny new toy?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12811 on: March 20, 2021, 04:54:47 pm »
He’s sodding obsessed with fullbacks.

Angelino would have to be dragged kicking and screaming back there, he was slagging off Guardiola the other week.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12812 on: March 20, 2021, 04:58:57 pm »
Can’t coach someone to do what he wants, so he just keeps buying until he finds one.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #12813 on: March 20, 2021, 05:31:55 pm »
Their bench today is worth over 350 million I think. Christ. What a fucking sport.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Lfckingkenny

• Kemlynite
« Reply #12814 on: March 20, 2021, 08:24:17 pm »
Can’t coach someone to do what he wants, so he just keeps buying until he finds one.
hate these false lot as much as anyone but got to disagree the bald fraud has got them horrible to say some of the best football I’ve seen for quite along time their coached so everyone knows their role and are all comfortable with the ball but would love smash them in champions final how would that fu@kin deverstate the plastics

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12815 on: March 20, 2021, 09:11:05 pm »
each to their own, but his choreographed robo-football is an eye ache of dullness.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #12816 on: March 20, 2021, 09:15:21 pm »
each to their own, but his choreographed robo-football is an eye ache of dullness.

I never find them a good watch. His Barca team were great to watch, but how much of that was because of Messi? Spain were basically Barca minus Messi and were dull as anything to watch, just sterile possession through every tournament and never conceded a goal. That's how City are this season.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12817 on: March 20, 2021, 09:28:37 pm »
Their bench today is worth over 350 million I think. Christ. What a fucking sport.

He even admitted himself in his comments about Chris Wilder that he's a spoofer chequebook manager.

Joke of a club.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #12818 on: March 20, 2021, 11:12:22 pm »
Watching them I just think "what is the fucking point?"
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #12819 on: March 21, 2021, 01:54:55 am »
Watching them I just think "what is the fucking point?"

We think this because we're the only team to have challenged them since 2017.

It'll take until 2023 for the rest of the country to clock on to the fact that they're England's Bayern/Juventus/Ajax/PSG.

For me, the best thing that could happen for the Premier League (other than the the Sheikhs getting bored and dumping them like a stone into League One) would be for City to stroll to every title until 2023. Then maybe the banter dickheads, the media and the authorities might wake up to the fact that the golden goose is being throttled.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12820 on: March 21, 2021, 06:54:21 am »
We think this because we're the only team to have challenged them since 2017.

It'll take until 2023 for the rest of the country to clock on to the fact that they're England's Bayern/Juventus/Ajax/PSG.

For me, the best thing that could happen for the Premier League (other than the the Sheikhs getting bored and dumping them like a stone into League One) would be for City to stroll to every title until 2023. Then maybe the banter dickheads, the media and the authorities might wake up to the fact that the golden goose is being throttled.

This.
If it wasn’t for Liverpool, then the Abu Dhabian’s  would’ve pissed the league four years in a row now! By a massive points margin every season! I know a lot of football fans can be quite thick and tribal, but surely even the most dense of them will cotton on eventually?

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #12821 on: March 21, 2021, 07:23:55 am »

This.
If it wasn’t for Liverpool, then the Abu Dhabian’s  would’ve pissed the league four years in a row now! By a massive points margin every season! I know a lot of football fans can be quite thick and tribal, but surely even the most dense of them will cotton on eventually?

I don't know. Outside of United, Chelsea, maybe spurs at a push, fans of other clubs I've spoken to don't care. A villa fan I know has no interest in the title talk. He knows villa aren't in with a shout. He wants to see villa play good football and finish high up the league.

The mindset has changed. Sure Leicester won it, but that's the anomaly. Spurs may win a title in the next 20 years. Realistically other than them, who will be the next "new winners" of the premier league

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #12822 on: March 21, 2021, 07:27:52 am »
Been saying for a while but years from now matching and besting this city team will go down as one of the greatest sporting achievements ever. We’ll probably need the current crop of shills to retire first.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12823 on: March 21, 2021, 07:43:27 am »
Been saying for a while but years from now matching and besting this city team will go down as one of the greatest sporting achievements ever. We’ll probably need the current crop of shills to retire first.
True. When Abu Dhabi have won the next 5 or 10 leagues titles in a row by around 20 points every time , people will look back on Liverpool’s title in awe.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12824 on: March 21, 2021, 07:48:43 am »
Let’s wait until we get back to normal circumstances before declaring City champions elect for the remainder of the decade, eh?

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #12825 on: March 21, 2021, 07:49:00 am »
Some good points made about how history will look back upon City's inevitable run of piss easy Title wins. Our close run thing and win will be talked about and appreciated more for the right reasons.

Imagine the same doped up horse strolled to a boring National win for years on end, but one year it didn't....that'll be the horse talked about!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12826 on: March 21, 2021, 07:52:03 am »
Let’s wait until we get back to normal circumstances before declaring City champions elect for the remainder of the decade, eh?
I think what people are saying is it could very easily happen. In fact it is more likely city will win the next 10 titles than not. Hopefully we will be able to challenge still but the way finances are going for ‘proper clubs’ , who knows what will happen?

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #12827 on: March 21, 2021, 07:54:23 am »
I think what people are saying is it could very easily happen. In fact it is more likely city will win the next 10 titles than not. Hopefully we will be able to challenge still but the way finances are going for ‘proper clubs’ , who knows what will happen?

Abramovich spent 250 mill in the summer. United always spend big.

Maybe Usmanov will throw more billions at Everton.

I don't think it's like other leagues where only one club can compete. I think other fans would have been happy with City winning 10 in a row if it stopped Liverpool winning it.  Now we've won it, they've at least got over it slightly.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 07:56:27 am by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #12828 on: March 21, 2021, 07:58:57 am »
Problem is Utd should be more livid than us since they’re 2nd and would be challenging this season without city’s cheating. But any mention of city’s spend seems to provoke an outpouring of anger at utds comparable spend and how badly it’s been managed. Their awful management in the last decade has normalised the kind of money city are shelling out. There’s a poster on redcafe today highlighting city’s obvious advantage and he’s being shouted down by the majority on there.

People seem to forget city have been doing this player supermarket sweep for over a decade since the ridiculous Robinho transfer and have just kept on till they got it right. Utds comparable spend means they’re embarrassed to commment. Chelsea won’t comment for obvious reasons. Spurs are just happy to be mentioned in the conversation, and literally no one cares what Arsenal think at the moment.

The league is fucked.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12829 on: March 21, 2021, 08:02:08 am »
Abramovich spent 250 mill in the summer. United always spend big.

Maybe Usmanov will throw more billions at Everton.

I don't think it's like other leagues where only one club can compete. I think other fans would have been happy with City winning 10 in a row if it stopped Liverpool winning it.  Now we've won it, they've at least got over it slightly.
Only after they sold Hazard for £150m.
City don’t have to sell so they manage to keep all their best players whilst adding more and more expensive signings. Utd have have spent but have also sold.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #12830 on: March 21, 2021, 08:04:09 am »

I don't think they will. But I think they'll likely win the lion's share.

Offline Bucko - Dubai

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12831 on: March 21, 2021, 09:37:04 am »
Think when Pep leaves it will be much more open like the Mancini period.

Don't forget this season could not have gone better for them
- Unlimited funds
- More or less no injuries
- No fans in stadiums, obvious advantage to them
- Them being the only club the pandemic hasn't affected financially

They were clever with the planning this time knowing that Pep and unlimited spending would be a force to be reckoned with, but I dont think there will be many other managers that will be able to do that, just depends how many years Pep is happy to keep taking his 2 salaries. And who could blame him really, unless he wanted to manage a club that wasn't soulless

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #12832 on: March 21, 2021, 09:56:14 am »
Think when Pep leaves it will be much more open like the Mancini period.

Don't forget this season could not have gone better for them
- Unlimited funds
- More or less no injuries
- No fans in stadiums, obvious advantage to them
- Them being the only club the pandemic hasn't affected financially

They were clever with the planning this time knowing that Pep and unlimited spending would be a force to be reckoned with, but I dont think there will be many other managers that will be able to do that, just depends how many years Pep is happy to keep taking his 2 salaries. And who could blame him really, unless he wanted to manage a club that wasn't soulless
Throw in that having such a depth of quality in their squad in a season where teams are playing every 3-4 days for most of the season then it's ultimately not too surprising.

City are just 'meh'. I'm not even remotely arsed about them winning stuff if we aren't in the conversation. I get obviously more annoyed about the absurdity of how they have allegedly gamed FFP for their own ends when it's us that are competing with them, but once you fall back into the pack most of the league aren't arsed if they win it because they are such a non entity.

As pointed out earlier in the thread, mindsets might change if they start racking more up as without us it's 4 in a row, most of the domestic trophies, possibly even a Champions League, as perhaps they go onto win it the year we knocked them out, and then you can make a case that they don't fuck up Tottenham as well the season later if they've taken a Champions League trophy home. Although that would have meant playing us in the final and maybe we still manage it.

The seeds started to be sown when they battered Watford in the cup final 6-0 and some commentators around the game were beginning to think 'this isn't actually much fun at all'. In a way they almost beat Watford up too much. Keeping it 2-0 makes it seem even more of a contest but no-one really wants to watch the show piece domestic trophy and see a team get slapped. I don't think you'll get very long odds on them to do at least the domestic treble again and in much the same vein, doing it once allows Pep to talk about what a considerable achievement it was, but to do it again shortly afterwards so easily will just show how far ahead they are.

Obviously there is some good coaching in there, it's not just throw money at the wall but they do have one of the best managers in the world at the helm to oversee it. Honestly, if they win all the domestic trophies at the end, but no Champions League, most people will just shrug.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 10:03:08 am by Hij »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Lfckingkenny

• Kemlynite
« Reply #12833 on: March 21, 2021, 10:01:22 am »
God we’ve become bitter I’d love their investment like everyone else bullsh@t if anyone wouldn’t for all their state money they are the best run club ever whether we like it or not they’ve not just invested in the  club and team but in the community and infrastructure all around their club we know Manchester City won the lottery  but the basta@ds are one hell of squad and the bald fraud has em playing the best football I’ve seen for many a year we’ve just got to dig in this season and come out fighting next season we can’t live on our history so let’s hope someone invests big in us anyone thinking otherwise is in dreamlike

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #12834 on: March 21, 2021, 10:03:40 am »
God we’ve become bitter I’d love their investment like everyone else bullsh@t if anyone wouldn’t for all their state money they are the best run club ever whether we like it or not they’ve not just invested in the  club and team but in the community and infrastructure all around their club we know Manchester City won the lottery  but the basta@ds are one hell of squad and the bald fraud has em playing the best football I’ve seen for many a year we’ve just got to dig in this season and come out fighting next season we can’t live on our history so let’s hope someone invests big in us anyone thinking otherwise is in dreamlike

No-one is investing big in us. We'll spend what we generate.

I'm not bitter, really perhaps only when we are directly challenging them, otherwise it's just a shrug. Them being streets ahead means United don't win a title this season so there is a benefit to it even if it ultimately I think it's shite for the English game.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 10:06:30 am by Hij »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #12835 on: March 21, 2021, 10:19:52 am »
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12836 on: March 21, 2021, 10:21:43 am »

« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 10:23:25 am by Red-Soldier »

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12837 on: March 21, 2021, 10:30:22 am »
Hmm, I smell a Man City fan.

Offline Bucko - Dubai

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12838 on: March 21, 2021, 10:31:16 am »

Thing is, and I think I speak for the majority of our fanbase, I really really wouldn't want that type of investment. Because after every trophy we won I'd just be thinking 'of course we won it, we have a huge unearned advantage over everyone', essentially an adult being proud at beating up a 14 year old.
Us winning the league and CL felt so good because of excellent work that had gone in from so many people at the club, which is why achievements like ours are given so much more media coverage, and Abu Dhabi's are brushed over.

As I said above with Pep and the unlimited funds to build the squad they have, they have got an unbelievable team which I'd say is the best in the world. But so it should be

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #12839 on: March 21, 2021, 10:49:42 am »
Sports washing human rights ignoring blood money pricks.

You'll still never been talked about like we are.