Author Topic: What games are you playing at the moment?  (Read 211929 times)

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
Re: What games are you playing at the moment?
« Reply #1120 on: November 7, 2020, 01:53:46 pm »
Do I need to play 1 or should I just grab the Handsome Collection and 3?

I've just got myself Hitman 2, Resident Evil 2 and Control. Never played Hitman before, only played Resi 5 and if I remember correctly I binned that off cos you had to pay extra for multiplayer (I may have dreamed that) and I'd never even heard of control but the concept looked interesting.

My OCD is kicking off though as Hitman and Resi I've not played 1, is it like picking up Mass effect 3 and not playing 1 or 2 or are they stand alone?

Still got about 12 quid in vouchers so I could pick up Borderlands.

control's really fun.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1121 on: November 10, 2020, 06:21:02 pm »
Got some CEX vouchers to use, and fancy some Xbox games for when the new one comes next Tuesday (maybe if I order tonight it'll come for Tues... probably not).

I picked up THPS1+2 finally, gave that a little bash yesterday. Just got that and FIFA to enjoy at launch really, plus anything on Games with Gold.

There are many francises I've never touched that I really should try,

I'm thinking the mafia trillogy,  Borderlands, Watchdogs, Farcry, Assassins Creed(but theres about ten thousand of them), Wolfenstein, Dark Souls, Saints Row, Doom, Walking Dead,

I'd also like to try Final Fantasy main games but I think they didn't get released on disc other than 15 which I played. I see Type-O HD is on there,is that a mainline game with a story like the ones ive played 7,8,9,13 and 15?

And there are so many Zombie games out now I'm spoiled for choice. I've played all the Dead Risings, but there's others which look tempting, my mate recommended 7 days to die.

I also need to get the expansions for Witcher 3 (as long as my save goes across to the new Xbox)

So where should i start boys and girls? Some of my favourite games I played on the Xbone were Fallout 4 (2 quid on CEX) and MGS5 (£3 on CEX) so I must be able to pick up some bargains?

If you like zombie games and haven't already played it yet, then I'd highly recommend Dying Light.  Bloody fantastic game (no pun intended).

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6C9NFL6j44c" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6C9NFL6j44c</a>
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 06:27:20 pm by Darren G »

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1122 on: November 12, 2020, 02:47:08 pm »
Bought Monkey Island 2 to honor Lucasarts’ 30th anniversary. It’s the only one I have never finished. I keep switching between classic and remastered mode.
It’s a shame adventure games went out of fashion. Thimbleweed Park was great but I would love a new Monkey Island game.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1123 on: November 13, 2020, 03:46:22 pm »
Not playing anything right now, but tempted to pick up Yakuza Like a Dragon as I love me some Yakuza and Turn based JRPGs, so it looks like its right up my street.  Such as a cool idea for the way it has changed the standard brawler combat etc

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1124 on: November 14, 2020, 12:18:36 pm »
Any recommendations for a horror game on PS5/PS4?

Nothing with zombies. In terms of horror films I prefer the ones where what’s unfolding could actually happen in real life.
Oh yes.
Check Darkwood.
Brilliant indie horror game.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #1125 on: November 15, 2020, 07:28:56 am »
Finally got round to picking up Supergiant Games' latest 'Hades'. Can confirm I'm still terrible at anything not turn based which is why I held off getting it on release. Beautifully done roguelike though, maybe not quite as compelling as I found 'Transistor' but visually a treat to play as you meet the Olympian pantheon on the way to trying to fight your way out of the Underworld. Actually plays very similarly to Transistor but for it being fully real time as opposed to your ability in Transistor to largely plan moves in advance.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #1126 on: November 17, 2020, 09:44:55 am »
Being having the odd ten minutes on Tetris Effects, which is mesmeric. Really hypnotic stuff and as addictive as ever.

Also finally got round to playing Gears 5, one of my favourite franchises growing up. It's decent. Looks great, the gameplay is as responsive and weighty as ever but it does still lack the gritty, dark charm of the first two, for whatever reason. Maybe it's because Epic aren't helming anymore. It looks great on the Series X though.

Downloaded and played a few hours of Star Wars: Fallen Order too. Enjoying it, it looks fantastic and is just fun with the lore etc. I've not played a Souls title in about 7 years and never put any substantial time into them, but a mate said that it's a 'souls-lite' experience, in that it takes a lot of Souls' elements and packages it in Star Wars wrapping, albeit substantially easier. That being said, I am really shit at it. I can tell it's a game I would've breezed through when I was younger but my reactions and effort levels aren't what they used to be with gaming, so I've died a lot on it. Enjoying it though.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1127 on: November 17, 2020, 09:50:25 am »
Being having the odd ten minutes on Tetris Effects, which is mesmeric. Really hypnotic stuff and as addictive as ever.

Also finally got round to playing Gears 5, one of my favourite franchises growing up. It's decent. Looks great, the gameplay is as responsive and weighty as ever but it does still lack the gritty, dark charm of the first two, for whatever reason. Maybe it's because Epic aren't helming anymore. It looks great on the Series X though.

Downloaded and played a few hours of Star Wars: Fallen Order too. Enjoying it, it looks fantastic and is just fun with the lore etc. I've not played a Souls title in about 7 years and never put any substantial time into them, but a mate said that it's a 'souls-lite' experience, in that it takes a lot of Souls' elements and packages it in Star Wars wrapping, albeit substantially easier. That being said, I am really shit at it. I can tell it's a game I would've breezed through when I was younger but my reactions and effort levels aren't what they used to be with gaming, so I've died a lot on it. Enjoying it though.

I quite enjoyed that, though the sliding sections can fuck right off.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1128 on: November 17, 2020, 09:57:42 am »
I quite enjoyed that, though the sliding sections can fuck right off.
;D I've slid off a few ice cliffs.

I'm glad I didn't pay full retail for it, though I'm told there's plenty of content to justify that. I probably don't like Star Wars quite enough to have bought it, but with EA Play now being part of Game Pass there's some incredible variety of what you can play.

Going to get stuck into Doom Eternal as soon as I'm done with Fallen Order.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1129 on: November 17, 2020, 10:50:36 am »
Destiny 2, free on Steam and Xbox gamepass (though not on PC with all season content annoyingly).

Struggling for good co-op games lately, UBI games have most of them but there are few decent others.

Anyway, its not too bad, its quite a mish mash of art styles but its highly polished and great frame rates. Just run and gun mini missions but all pretty solid and worth a go with a few mates.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1130 on: November 24, 2020, 10:09:17 pm »
So this is a bit of a different post here, but I haven't really had a chance to play a lot of games because we were working on finishing our very own game so we could launch it on Steam (Early Access, still counts). It's called Sketchbots and it's a puzzle game in which you don't control your character, but rather program its behaviour. It's a fairly niche type of game and I don't expect many people to be as into it as I am, but there's a demo if you'd like to try it out and if any of the RAWKites think they'd like such a game, feel free to drop me a DM for a Steam key as long as you promise not to write a negative review about it :D

The link to the Steam page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1456770/Sketchbots/

Hope the mods don't mind me posting this here, even though it's slightly off topic.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1131 on: November 25, 2020, 04:59:32 pm »
So this is a bit of a different post here, but I haven't really had a chance to play a lot of games because we were working on finishing our very own game so we could launch it on Steam (Early Access, still counts). It's called Sketchbots and it's a puzzle game in which you don't control your character, but rather program its behaviour. It's a fairly niche type of game and I don't expect many people to be as into it as I am, but there's a demo if you'd like to try it out and if any of the RAWKites think they'd like such a game, feel free to drop me a DM for a Steam key as long as you promise not to write a negative review about it :D

The link to the Steam page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1456770/Sketchbots/

Hope the mods don't mind me posting this here, even though it's slightly off topic.
Congrats mate, deciding to make a game and sticking through with it is a helluva achievement.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1132 on: November 26, 2020, 07:41:47 am »
Congrats mate, deciding to make a game and sticking through with it is a helluva achievement.

Much appreciated, it's really hard finding the motivation to do something after 8 hours of work, there's a ton of projects I just gave up on, but we decided to stick with this one to the end. It isn't the best game ever, but I really enjoyed the process of making it.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1133 on: November 26, 2020, 10:22:47 am »
Just started days gone, I heard it had a 60fps patch so gave it a go. Not a bad game.

I'll give the demo a go. My daughter might like it as well

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1134 on: November 27, 2020, 02:08:54 pm »
Didn't know where to put this. Looks like we might be getting an ew boxing game after 9 long years.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1451190/eSports_Boxing_Club/

Gameplay looks good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0txF7MGYcx0&feature=emb_title&ab_channel=ESBCGame

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1135 on: November 27, 2020, 03:36:19 pm »
Didn't know where to put this. Looks like we might be getting an ew boxing game after 9 long years.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1451190/eSports_Boxing_Club/

Gameplay looks good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0txF7MGYcx0&feature=emb_title&ab_channel=ESBCGame

Interesting. They haven't cheaped out with the authenticity so hopefully it bodes well.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1136 on: December 30, 2020, 09:36:10 am »
Looking for recommendations - my Girlfriend (who's not really a gamer by any stretch of the imagination) has taken a liking to Tetris Effects and enjoys playing the local co op. She now wants to try more games.

Any decent co-op games to play on the one console, (preferably on Game Pass) that aren't shooters etc - an example is that she's been enjoying Moving Out when we've played a bit on that together (can be harmless fun but janky as fuck).

Anything of a similar ilk that people think she might enjoy? She's very good at Tetris but shite at games in general.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1137 on: December 30, 2020, 09:42:44 am »
Human Fall Flat and Overcooked.
AHA!

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1138 on: December 31, 2020, 08:52:24 am »
Horace.

It's brilliant. If like me, you've been playing games since the Speccy days, would thoroughly recommend. Great piece of nostalgia-inspired platforming and puzzling. Lots of minigames.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1139 on: December 31, 2020, 12:11:16 pm »
Haven't been addicted to a game in ages but Destiny 2 has got me.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline dh07kop

• Kopite
  • Alright Chicken George laa
« Reply #1140 on: December 31, 2020, 12:35:59 pm »
Been playing Ghost of Tsushima recently after giving up on Cyberpunk. Story seems good so far and not too confusing to follow, very much like an assassins creed game but better imo
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool."

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1141 on: January 1, 2021, 10:30:17 pm »
Picked up Diablo 3 in the Xbox sale, absolutely loving it, seems like no time at all and I'm Level 40 Barbarian on Act 3.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #1142 on: January 1, 2021, 10:54:10 pm »
Pokemon Shield on there Switch and Superhot VR on the PS4VR.

Both good fun!

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1143 on: January 2, 2021, 10:35:25 am »
Bought a ton of games on eShop over holidays, but I’m yet to touch any as I’m addicted to Slay the Spire.

Offline Stand Free

• Anny Roader
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #1144 on: January 2, 2021, 10:48:29 am »
Days Gone - had been meaning to play it for ages but got it with PS5 so finally got round to it, really enjoying it! Definitely a few things they could improve but overall very enjoyable.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1145 on: January 2, 2021, 11:51:47 am »
Bought Tony Hawks over Christmas. Some nice nostalgia there, they've done a great job. I forgot you only had up to a couple or minutes to do the challenges though! Spent most of my time in free skate

Girlfriend has got me WRC9 for my birthday so looking forward to that, some good implementation of the AT by all accounts.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #1146 on: January 2, 2021, 01:15:51 pm »
Got The Last of Us Part II for Christmas.

Really enjoying it. I love the polish of the first and it’s still there with this one. Just a really, tightly made game. Good story and characters which is so, so rare in a game. Finally that great TLOU atmosphere. Sometimes sparse, sometimes eerie, but so captivating.

Only part I don’t like is the huge hub areas around the city. I think this game works better when it’s more linear. The mechanics aren’t as enjoyable on such a scale.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #1147 on: January 3, 2021, 12:36:55 am »
Well got my Series X last week. Wifes not a gamer but I've been trying to get her into it as she has shown an interest in cyber punk...

She has spent the last two days playing Sims 4 and Tetris.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #1148 on: January 6, 2021, 01:48:02 am »
Get the game pass mate and get her on Two Point Hospital.

Already on Gamepass and had a little dabble on Two Points before. Quite fun!  Its a good shout that actually!
"Salahs in here......"

Offline candys

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1149 on: January 6, 2021, 02:24:40 pm »
car racing games, esp I like GTA 5 and racing games on https://www.friv2online.com/ they are free and available online. For me it's the best way to practice my gaming skills and have some fun. Gaming is my passion.
« Last Edit: January 8, 2021, 04:44:53 pm by candys »

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1150 on: January 6, 2021, 08:47:53 pm »
Absolutely caning Mario Sunshine on 3D All Stars whilst I patiently wait to eventually get a PS5....

Fantastic game.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #1151 on: January 6, 2021, 10:28:05 pm »
The Tony Hawk remaster. Superb. Reliving my early teen years. Picked up again so quickly after so long. Great game.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1152 on: January 6, 2021, 11:05:24 pm »
The Tony Hawk remaster. Superb. Reliving my early teen years. Picked up again so quickly after so long. Great game.
They have to bring this to Switch.
I’ll burn my thumbs to the bone if they do.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #1153 on: January 9, 2021, 12:01:19 pm »
I've got a trial of Game pass on my Xbox and thought I would give Planet Coaster a go.

As someone who loved Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 and Theme Park, I love this. Brings it right up to date and it's great making your own rollercoasters

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
« Reply #1154 on: January 9, 2021, 02:37:16 pm »
Pretty much missed a lot of the last gen but the kids got a series x for Christmas.

Downloaded forza 4 from the game pass. Wow, its fantastic. Ive always loved driving games, but not ones that are ultra realistic. Could play on it for hours.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #1155 on: January 11, 2021, 08:46:58 am »
Pretty much missed a lot of the last gen but the kids got a series x for Christmas.

Downloaded forza 4 from the game pass. Wow, its fantastic. Ive always loved driving games, but not ones that are ultra realistic. Could play on it for hours.
Not a massive fan of driving games but as its on Gamepass and optimised for the Series X I thought I'd give it a download.

Very impressive.

Loved the intro opening where you race through the season. Thought it looked really fantastic.
"Salahs in here......"

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1156 on: January 11, 2021, 09:48:52 am »
Everything about it is fantastic, but the Showcase events are absolutely glorious to look at.
AHA!

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #1157 on: January 11, 2021, 02:49:23 pm »
I got Immortals: Fenyx Rising for cheap, it came on Saturday.

I was already kind of looking forward to it but I've been surprised at how much I like it.  I'm about 10 hours in and really, really enjoying it.

It gets comparisons to BOTW, which I can clearly see, but it is trying to be different in some ways too.  It's got full voice acting, your weapons don't break, you can mark things on your map...  It's interesting to me, those are three things that many BOTW fans enjoyed not having in that game.  They were things I didn't really enjoy though.  To be honest, and I know I'll get abuse for this, Immortals is more of my type of game than BOTW is (as great as that game is).

If you like the idea or style of BOTW but you're generally a more Western-centric type of gamer, I'd recommend trying this out.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #1158 on: January 11, 2021, 04:43:11 pm »
Been playing a lot of co-op games over the winter.

Currently playing through the Dark Souls (Remastered), from a co-op point of view I wish the game was more linear like Dark Souls 3. Such an outstanding game though.

Also been ploughing through Newer Super Mario Bros Wii, such an hilarious game to play co-op with how the collisions work. Playing through an emulator on PC with NetPlay, enables you to play traditionally local-only multiplayer games online and works great! If anyone wants this drop me a PM and I can upload it ;D
:D

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1159 on: January 13, 2021, 09:40:36 pm »
Just beat Mr. Dream in Punch-Out!! on the Switch. He was an absolute bastard.