Author Topic: The I'm a fat bastard and trying to lose weight thread aka JoeyC's skiving zone  (Read 481423 times)

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
I've had a really, really poor lockdown with a lack of motivation and ordering a lot of takeaways etc. Weighed in at 17.75 stone this morning which isn't my heaviest but have to start again, which should be helped by the gyms opening!

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
As of today I’m starting a two week diet with the wife as she’s doing one of those crap ones where you eat some shite they give you for two meal substitutes and then you have a small meal in the evening.

But then I forgot my father in law booked a table at the local pub this evening so I may have to start day one with a couple of pints. :D

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
One week into a 45 day challenge. Feel better about myself already (physically). Half a stone to lose!

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
Back in the gym today, hallelujah!

And in terms of food, this isn's a plug but I've started using Gold Star Nutrition because they had a deal on. They sent me 60 prepped meals (14 flavours, but one has nuts so I went for 13) for 150 quid. So far they're a mixture of "pretty alright" and "banging", and they're calorie controlled, healthy and all microwave from frozen.

If the deal is on next month I'll have to do it again, thats every lunch and tea for a month! If it goes up to full price I'll have to have a think...

Nice, I'm still on the fence about going back to the gym, last time they reopened I tried to give it a couple of weeks to settle down but even after that it was always busy. I might start going but just hit the stretching area so I can do a full stretch/core workout, instead of half-arsing it like I always do at home.

My attempts at shedding weight in lockdown have been pretty abysmal to be honest. I think with lockdown lasting so long my body isn't at all used to exercise any more, soit takes me ages to recover from exercise and there's a ton of tightness from sitting all day. Because of that, trying to get back into it while cutting calories is maybe too much and I end up injured or just fatigued all the time. Possible my metabolism is fucked too but not sure how badly that can drop.

I think skipping the weight loss for now and just focusing on exercise and physio work is hopefully the way forward, once I've adjusted to it then maybe I can lower the calories again for a few weeks and see how it goes. It sounds like a lot of people have been needing to see physios too for similar reasons so I imagine a lot of people are going through the same stuff.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
I paid to continue my gym a few weeks before first lockdown in march 2020. I have been twice as its next to my work which is a 130 mile round trip. its been closed most of the time and they will extend it the amount of time its been closed but as i am working from home for forseeable its 180 quid down tubes, mind you i would have had to renew it twice since then

i think im used to outdoors now

trying to cut bread out this week and not snacking

was quite hungry going to bed last night, had my dinner quite early but need to try harder
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Started CICO around 3 weeks ago. And been doing bodyweight exercises for around half an hour 4-5 days a week and taking brisk walks when I don't feel like exercising. Have lost around 6 KGS in around 2 and a half weeks. Haven't checked my weight for a few days, but I expect it must have dropped further. Really support the calorie deficit shouts. Is working wonders.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 12:55:24 pm by Lallanaisgonenow. Bobby next. »
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
Started CICO around 3 weeks ago. And been doing bodyweight exercises for around half an hour 4-5 days a week and taking brisk walks when I don't feel like exercising. Have lost around 6 KGS in around 2 and a half weeks. Haven't checked my weight for a few days, but I expect it must have dropped further. Really support the calorie deficit shouts. Is working wonders.
It's really the only weigh  :D

Sorry

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
It's really the only weigh  :D

Sorry

;D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

And in terms of food, this isn's a plug but I've started using Gold Star Nutrition because they had a deal on. They sent me 60 prepped meals (14 flavours, but one has nuts so I went for 13) for 150 quid. So far they're a mixture of "pretty alright" and "banging", and they're calorie controlled, healthy and all microwave from frozen.

If the deal is on next month I'll have to do it again, thats every lunch and tea for a month! If it goes up to full price I'll have to have a think...
I've never been a fan of microwaveable food to the point of not buying one for my home.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan

You must have great freezer space!

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
I had to get a chest freezer off facebook marketplace :D

When’s Barney delivering it?

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
In terms of keeping the weight down, which is worse: bread or rice?
(I don't eat white sliced bread. I usually go for  the crusty breads, and sometimes the appalling store bought sourdough, which are not proper sourdough bread...)

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
(I don't eat white sliced bread. I usually go for  the crusty breads, and sometimes the appalling store bought sourdough, which are not proper sourdough bread...)

Whichever is the highest in calories, which depends on portion sizes. Weight is fundamentally all down to calories, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with including rice and/or bread within your diet.

As a guide, your average slice of bread is around 90-100 calories (although I'm guessing crusty is more), whereas a packet of that microwaveable rice is about 400 (recommended portion size is half).
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
Checking in for a bit of accountability. 96.5kg today and aiming for 86kg by June 1st  :wave

Diet is the hardest thing for me, I enjoy exercise and have stopped drinking but I am useless at sticking to strict diets. I love sweets, crisps and biscuits too much.
89.8kg  8)

Offline Mactavish

• Anny Roader
89.8kg  8)

Mate, this is fucking great work, you know?

I'm not just saying it, either.

Offline Mactavish

• Anny Roader

I really don't want to sound pedantic, but do more and eat less. Its all about being in a calorie deficit.

There's a lot more to the below, but in simple terms:

Calories in 2000/calories out 2000 = stay the same weight
Calories in 1900/calories out 2100 = lose weight
Calories in 2100/calories out 1900 = gain weight

Track your calories on MyFitnessPal. Once you understand the importance of calories in and out you can win. I now look at the calories on foods in the supermarket before I look at the price

EDIT: and i'm still a fat bastard

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
I. NEED. TO. STOP. EATING. SHIT.

But it is fucking hard. Especially when Liverpool are shite.

I feel like the last 2 months I have just stopped caring a bit and so my eating habits have gotten worse.

Need to find some motivation quickly!

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
As of today I’m starting a two week diet with the wife as she’s doing one of those crap ones where you eat some shite they give you for two meal substitutes and then you have a small meal in the evening.

But then I forgot my father in law booked a table at the local pub this evening so I may have to start day one with a couple of pints. :D

Is that the official blurb, Nick?  ;D

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
Mate, this is fucking great work, you know?

I'm not just saying it, either.

Thanks mate! Takeaway for tea  :-X

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Is that the official blurb, Nick?  ;D

:D

My wife barred me from eating the products behind I got a better offer on the first day and went to the pub for a couple of pints. :lmao

I had still tried to calorie count and be good but fell off the wagon badly yesterday. Working from home is just such a bore now I’m back in my own again so like Ciara said I can’t stop eating shit! Sweet, savoury, doesn’t matter, if I can find it, I’ll eat it. And if I can’t find it, I’ll nip out and buy it.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
Back on the health/fitness kick train now as I'm getting married next year so aiming to lose a stone and a half/2 stone by then.

So far I'm cutting out sugar during the week (black coffees only, no chocolate Mon-Fri)

And I'm doing 2-3 home workouts (Team Body Project on YouTube is perfect for me - manageable but challenging at times)

I do around 7-8000 steps a day at work and and try and get past 10-000 at least once at a weekend as well.

One thing I probably need to improve on is bread consumption. Weekends I'm still having bread for breakfast.

It's going OK so far. In the past I've gone too extreme and it never works - my body cries out for something shite or I burn my body out and them can't be assed to do the fitness videos.

I'm seeing Saturday as my day where I can eat a bit of chocolate or have a few drinks etc.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
If you're going to drink beer or wine, watch out for the calories, there's quite a lot more than you would think.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

• Legacy Fan
I had still tried to calorie count and be good but fell off the wagon badly yesterday.

When you fall off the wagon do you still count calories? I'd recommend it if not, because then you will realise how little damage you actually do. For instance, to put on one pound in one day, you would need to eat around 6,000 calories (depending on your stats). Certainly doable but hard work, and even if you did you're only setting yourself back a week or so. Most people who think they've had a bad day will only over eat their maintenance by around 1,000 calories, which equates to weight gain of like 0.3 lbs and can be offset in a day.

Another thing... You might weigh yourself after a bad day and find that you're 4 or 5 pounds heavier on the scales. Ignore it if so. The large majority of that is water weight and will come back off after a couple days of good eating.

Back on the health/fitness kick train now as I'm getting married next year so aiming to lose a stone and a half/2 stone by then.

So far I'm cutting out sugar during the week (black coffees only, no chocolate Mon-Fri)

And I'm doing 2-3 home workouts (Team Body Project on YouTube is perfect for me - manageable but challenging at times)

I do around 7-8000 steps a day at work and and try and get past 10-000 at least once at a weekend as well.

One thing I probably need to improve on is bread consumption. Weekends I'm still having bread for breakfast.

It's going OK so far. In the past I've gone too extreme and it never works - my body cries out for something shite or I burn my body out and them can't be assed to do the fitness videos.

I'm seeing Saturday as my day where I can eat a bit of chocolate or have a few drinks etc.

Bread. Really irritates me this does! There is absolutely nothing wrong with eating bread. Two slices for breakfast is less than 200 calories and generally less than most breakfast bars or a bowl of cereal yet is more filling and better in terms of nutrition. I've never dieted without bread remaining as a staple food.

Don't cut out sugar completely. You need it to function and to avoid cravings. Just try and get it from some fruits or a protein bar or something.

When it comes to your drinking day, ask yourself whether you really need to have the drinks. You can undo a week's worth of dieting in one drinking binge!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 07:54:14 pm by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Losing weight is piss easy, keeping it off though, that's the hard part.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
I asked this question here before but cant find it. Anyone had any experience of using matcha tea for weight loss? I used to have it but it tasted like shit so had to put honey in there but someone told me it would cancel out the benefits of the matcha leaves

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
I asked this question here before but cant find it. Anyone had any experience of using matcha tea for weight loss? I used to have it but it tasted like shit so had to put honey in there but someone told me it would cancel out the benefits of the matcha leaves
I mean, I guess if you're swapping Dr Pepper or something for matcha tea it will work, otherwise what is it for? I quite like matcha tea but it's an acquired taste.

• Legacy Fan

If you drink matcha tea but consume too many calories, it'll do fuck all. If you drink matcha tea and consume at a calorie deficit you'll lose weight. It's then just your choice as to whether you want to attribute that to the matcha tea or not!

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
Faie enough I think I'll give it a miss then, the taste is terrible and it won't really be substituting anything as I don't drink fizzy drinks or tea/coffee. Back to the gym tomorrow for me, a long and hard journey awaits as I'm currently the most unfit I've ever been.

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
89.8kg  8)

88.9, Gonna carry on until Friday then Monday start a nice slow lean bulk, i'm looking a bit skinny now.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
I went from a round 84kg to a lean 72kg within the space of 6 months back in 2017, before putting it all back on and (much) more in the space of 3 years. The scales hit 97kg just over a year ago and gave me a bit of a wake-up call. I got it down to 94kg but put it all on hold until the start of this year as I wasn't really in the right frame of mind due to stuff going on in my personal life. That sounds like an excuse but far from it in reality...

Down to 85kg as of this morning, which is 12kg down from just over a year ago, but still another 12kg from where I'd like to be. Can't wait for the scales to hit less than 80kg, which I haven't seen since probably late 2017. But to be honest my aim is to just maintain a healthy weight, which I've struggled with. Going from 84kg to 72kg to 82kg to 88kg to 97kg in the past 5 years probably hasn't been the best thing to do to my body...
« Last Edit: June 3, 2021, 11:31:57 am by El Denzel Pepito »

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
its going in the right direction now though so well done

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Mine's not. Went into lockdown in December at 105kgs, tipped the scales at 116.8 the other day. Finding motivation to get out and do anything right now has been tough and I really need a kick up the arse.

• Legacy Fan
Mine's not. Went into lockdown in December at 105kgs, tipped the scales at 116.8 the other day. Finding motivation to get out and do anything right now has been tough and I really need a kick up the arse.

The fact that you know you need a kick up the arse is what should give you a kick up the arse. Make yourself accountable to someone, even if it needs to be us. Take progress pictures. And stop making excuses - you don't need to get out and do anything to lose weight, first and foremost you just need to eat less!

Sorry if that comes across as harsh, I only have good intentions!

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Its not harsh at all, its completely true, I'm just stuck in a rut right now and I'm trying hard to get out of it but I can't. Initial progress photos were taken the other day by the way, which I guess is a start?

• Legacy Fan
Its not harsh at all, its completely true, I'm just stuck in a rut right now and I'm trying hard to get out of it but I can't. Initial progress photos were taken the other day by the way, which I guess is a start?

Yes definitely a start! And honestly the transformation your body can make from just losing a few pounds is huge, and that can then provide the motivation to keep going. So starting is the hardest part.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Got down to 15st 11lbs last week, but started a weeks holiday with we are treating like a proper holiday as we should have been in Lanzarote, so eating out every night.

Doing a 5 mile walk every morning and skipping brekkie to help keep the damage down.
Jurgen YNWA

• Legacy Fan
Got down to 15st 11lbs last week, but started a weeks holiday with we are treating like a proper holiday as we should have been in Lanzarote, so eating out every night.

Doing a 5 mile walk every morning and skipping brekkie to help keep the damage down.

Enjoy it! Not much damage can be done over the course of a week and what damage is done is easily reversible. Quick tip though - don't weigh yourself when you get back as it might get you down (water weight etc). Give it a week or two of solid dieting first.

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Not sure about skipping breakfast either

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Enjoy it! Not much damage can be done over the course of a week and what damage is done is easily reversible. Quick tip though - don't weigh yourself when you get back as it might get you down (water weight etc). Give it a week or two of solid dieting first.

You never saw what I ate in Florida in 2007 :lmao

Missus has hidden the scales so I don't go and jump on them.

Not sure about skipping breakfast either

I normally wouldn't but I'm not really hungry in the mornings this week, so I feel I'm eating for the sake of it. We're about to take the kids for a walk and then brekkie, I'll just have a coffee as we are going back out for our dinner after that.
Jurgen YNWA