Author Topic: LC: Liverpool v Arsenal  (Read 42039 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LC: Liverpool v Arsenal
« Reply #320 on: January 13, 2022, 10:02:27 pm »
Of course it will.

We have a thread bare squad and no midfield.

Lets not go over the top. It wont be easy to win there but we really should go through, we are better than them.

We do have a midfield. 2 of our first choice 11 started today.

Offline Legoland

• Plazzie Brick Lid :)
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #321 on: January 13, 2022, 10:02:42 pm »
Hes either really fucking good or really fucking shit. Literally no inbetween with him.  ;D

He was electric in his first few games for us playing from the left. While he's been scoring plenty from the middle, his overall gameplay just isn't the same as it was when he was playing on the left. Not his fault he's been shoved into the right to accommodate Taki. Would rather have had him on the left and Taki/Gordon/Neco on the right.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #322 on: January 13, 2022, 10:03:02 pm »
Maybe. Problem is I cant really see much of a long term role here for him or Milner and Id rather have just got Curtis on in central midfield and Gordon out wide.

Oh, I agree. I don't see a long term future here for Ox as well. I thought that with Thiago now injured, Curtis's minutes have to be managed as he's crucial now, at least until Keita and/or Thiago are back. So, starting Ox over Milner today in theory was a decent option that we didn't take.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #323 on: January 13, 2022, 10:03:10 pm »
Either Klopp really thinks he was the best option or a statement to FSG that our squad isn't good enough.

Not having that. Klopp isn't a vindictive twat like Mourinho or Conte and there's no way he'd engage in self-sabotage just to prove a point.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #324 on: January 13, 2022, 10:03:31 pm »
We played shite in the first leg of a two leg semi. Ah well. It’s fair to say life could be worse.

Best stay out of the thread.

Yep, we’ve got a 1 off match next week to reach a Wembley final. Life could be worse
Believer

Offline Legoland

• Plazzie Brick Lid :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #325 on: January 13, 2022, 10:03:35 pm »
Lets not go over the top. It wont be easy to win there but we really should go through, we are better than them.

Our first choice midfield at the start of the season was Fabinho Thiago Elliott just saying.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #326 on: January 13, 2022, 10:03:38 pm »
We could win the next leg I believe. Bolstering the midfield, penalty shootout routines and practicing the corners. Three things for me.

Our corners though...

It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: January 13, 2022, 10:03:45 pm »
1 goal in open play in 263 minutes against 10 men this season. I reckon City would rack up at least 15.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #328 on: January 13, 2022, 10:03:47 pm »
Either Klopp really thinks he was the best option or a statement to FSG that our squad isn't good enough.

yeah, don’t think Klopp is the kind of man to do that, do you?  ;D

It was either him or Ox for the start, after Curtis had started on Sunday, so pick your poison.

Only question mark was not hauling him off at half time.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: January 13, 2022, 10:04:10 pm »
Christ, that midfield, let us never see it again.

Would love for us to sign a creative midfielder in this window, fat chance with these mingebags.
Be interested who they tell us will be like signing a new player, probabably Harvey Elliott.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: January 13, 2022, 10:04:11 pm »
It has happened before, same stuff all over. Klopp is brilliant but without Salah or Mane we look nothing special.
I don’t think they’d have made a difference. We’ve put in a number of similar pathetic attacking displays with them both on the pitch. Maybe we might have scored before Xhaka got sent off if they were playing?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #331 on: January 13, 2022, 10:04:20 pm »
Too bad Origi was injured, he would have buried the chance.

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #332 on: January 13, 2022, 10:04:25 pm »
That was fucking garbage. Too many opportunities to shoot or cross quickly turned down.

0-0 is ok. I remember Athletic Bilbao in 1984.
Let's hope Minamino does an Ian Rush.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #333 on: January 13, 2022, 10:04:26 pm »
Man, that was bad....really bad.....arsewiping...ringstinging bad
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: January 13, 2022, 10:05:18 pm »
Our first choice midfield at the start of the season was Fabinho Thiago Elliott just saying.

Pretty sure it was Henderson, Fab and Elliott?

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: January 13, 2022, 10:05:32 pm »
If you genuinely think Jurgen wants to make a 'statement to FSG' you're in dreamland. He's a realist who doesn't cry about not signing a million players every window like some of our fans.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: January 13, 2022, 10:05:33 pm »
Anyone tell me why we stop going wide? We decided early to try bulldoze our way through the center and when that failed, we tried it another 10-15 times with the same result.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #337 on: January 13, 2022, 10:05:47 pm »
I don’t think it’s massively reactionary for the first questions of the night to be one’s scrutinising the ownership. This is two January’s in a row where circumstances have left us with a depleted squad and it’s not massively controversial or unfair to be unhappy with the owner’s approach to the squad building in the time in between.

We’ve gone from Champions to a fanbase fraught with anxiety as we’ve now had multiple transfer windows that simply haven’t addressed enough issues within the squad. We can talk about elite youth team players all we want but realistically we will do extremely well if 3 of the current young players on the fringes end up being important first team players. It’ll likely be less than that. We’ve had enough games with an exposed squad now to see where there’s a need that only transfers can address.

This may seem reactionary, it’s only mid January, but it’s clear we won’t sign anyone of note in the window and it’s starting to get harder and harder to say that the ownership have made almost exclusively excellent decisions for the last few years - contrarily, it more seems that they’ve banked their goodwill and intend on living off it for a while longer yet. The summer window was a huge missed opportunity and the owners have been myopic and inert for 18 months now.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: January 13, 2022, 10:05:58 pm »
I think though we really haven’t played well in about a 3-4 weeks it seems.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #339 on: January 13, 2022, 10:05:59 pm »
That 2nd half was as pathetic as you can get. One shot on goal against 10 men and one utterly terrible miss which we probably deserved to miss as we were so shocking.

to be honest this is on Jurgen, all the subs were too little too late. Trent was obviously short of fitness so why wasn't Neco on earlier? At half time we had the chance to go a bit more attacking in our line up but instead we waited till 60mins for the 1st change. Milly wasn't needed against 10 men and we paid for that. With all the fitness issues we should be getting energy into the team when its obvious the ones on the pitch don't have it.

Not sure how we take 6 pts from the next 2 games with a toothless attack.

Jurgen was excellently proactive in the previous round. Made the right 3 changes at half time, no fucking about and the crowd responded and straight away second half it was a different game.

I don't know what we were waiting for tonight. Especially with 5 subs. We just wasted 15 minutes of the second half and then Arsenal were just able to dig in and see it out.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: January 13, 2022, 10:06:06 pm »
Whenever we're up against 10 men, we always hear that old cliche about needing to play with 'patience', but that just causes us to slow everything down and plays into the opposition's hands. In that situation you need to play with exactly the same intensity as you would against 11 men, otherwise you're not really using your advantage.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #341 on: January 13, 2022, 10:06:19 pm »
Be an uphill battle to qualify now.

Possibly, but we were absolutely terrible tonight and didn't lose. Arsenal are distinctly average but dug in really deep after having a man sent off. We made it a very, very comfortable night for them, but they still didn't win.

Will we play as badly against them at their place? Can they dig that deep again?

If we turn up, we have every chance of making the final.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #342 on: January 13, 2022, 10:06:33 pm »
Anyone tell me why we stop going wide? We decided early to try bulldoze our way through the center and when that failed, we tried it another 10-15 times with the same result.

We lack pace on the flanks and it got too crowded once Robbo's got in attacking position.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: January 13, 2022, 10:07:01 pm »
I don’t think they’d have made a difference. We’ve put in a number of similar pathetic attacking displays with them both on the pitch. Maybe we might have scored before Xhaka got sent off if they were playing?

I thought we started ok. Robertson was finding some space on the left. Having two wide forwards able to commit defenders may have made a difference. But sometimes when we get stuck in a rut and rely on shit crosses we look bang average. Hasn't hasn't much this season to be fair
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #344 on: January 13, 2022, 10:07:04 pm »
Arsenal where very orgainised tonight and defended very well if you cannot see that then i give up, yes we where not great and shows we need a forward/winger into the squad plus Thiago was a massive loos for a game like that.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #345 on: January 13, 2022, 10:07:16 pm »
1 goal in open play in 263 minutes against 10 men this season. I reckon City would rack up at least 15.

City also have the luxury of buying a preening shithouse of an average player for over 100 million just "because". Whereas since we won the Champions League in 2019 we've signed Minamino, Thiago, Jota and Konate to add to the senior team. That's fucking criminal negligence.

And before anyone jumps for my neck, I know Harvey Elliott is making the step up now but he was 16 when we bought him.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: January 13, 2022, 10:07:18 pm »
We lack pace on the flanks and it got too crowded once Robbo's got in attacking position.

We had Robbo and Trent on and didn't even attempt one cross really...

Offline Higgins79

• Legacy Fan
  • return of the king
« Reply #347 on: January 13, 2022, 10:07:38 pm »
Minimino isn’t good enough is he? He’s tidy enough but every is back to goal and the safe, he never turns and runs at people. And the open goal miss was terrible. When you go to the manager and ask for more time on th pitch and then turn in that display. Oh dear.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #348 on: January 13, 2022, 10:07:42 pm »

Our midfield is running on fumes.

They are fucking shite and Ramsdale did his best to give us the win yet we still didn't manage it.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: January 13, 2022, 10:08:07 pm »
Useless, meaningless stat but we’ve failed to score at home in our last three League Cup semi finals.

2016 0-1 v Stoke (1-1 aggregate, won on pens)
2017 0-1 v Southampton (0-2 on aggregate)
and another blank tonight.

Didn’t lose again, I suppose.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: January 13, 2022, 10:08:19 pm »
Players out of form, lack of competition and options on top of now losing Mane and in particular Salah has been tough but predictable if we're honest. We lack quality and need investment now.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: January 13, 2022, 10:08:44 pm »
Our midfield is running on fumes.

They are fucking shite and Ramsdale did his best to give us the win yet we still didn't manage it.

Running on fumes? They have had tonnes of rest. They shouldnt be tired.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #352 on: January 13, 2022, 10:08:54 pm »
Thing about that miss is Minamino has steadily been building his fragile confidence up in these games…and now he’ll be terrible for another year.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #353 on: January 13, 2022, 10:09:01 pm »
Corners starting to annoy me. Why does Trent spend a few minutes to try and gain a few yards at the corner and then doesn't beat first man. Robertson can't take one either but still does

Too be fair didn’t he have Covid recently.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #354 on: January 13, 2022, 10:09:17 pm »
I don’t think it’s massively reactionary for the first questions of the night to be one’s scrutinising the ownership. This is two January’s in a row where circumstances have left us with a depleted squad and it’s not massively controversial or unfair to be unhappy with the owner’s approach to the squad building in the time in between.

We’ve gone from Champions to a fanbase fraught with anxiety as we’ve now had multiple transfer windows that simply haven’t addressed enough issues within the squad. We can talk about elite youth team players all we want but realistically we will do extremely well if 3 of the current young players on the fringes end up being important first team players. It’ll likely be less than that. We’ve had enough games with an exposed squad now to see where there’s a need that only transfers can address.

This may seem reactionary, it’s only mid January, but it’s clear we won’t sign anyone of note in the window and it’s starting to get harder and harder to say that the ownership have made almost exclusively excellent decisions for the last few years - contrarily, it more seems that they’ve banked their goodwill and intend on living off it for a while longer yet. The summer window was a huge missed opportunity and the owners have been myopic and inert for 18 months now.

Yeah, if only Edwards had convinced John to ok £35m for Doku we wouldn't be in this position.....

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: January 13, 2022, 10:09:42 pm »
Talk of 15m for Adama Traore, cant believe we're not interested.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #356 on: January 13, 2022, 10:09:49 pm »

Fab has had covid and looked poor before that.

Henderson is playing too much and doesn't look fit.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: January 13, 2022, 10:10:12 pm »

Jordan was out for quite a while, and hasn't got going since he came back. Fabinho had covid not that long ago.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #358 on: January 13, 2022, 10:10:25 pm »
Too be fair didn’t he have Covid recently.

Yes, he did. It might take a few games to get him back to what he was, making him stay out wide will help as well.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: January 13, 2022, 10:10:28 pm »
Trent tends to need games to find his feet again after an absence.

He also needs having a word with, i've noticed for quite a few games now, his tendency to want to drift inwards towards the box rather than overlap and get chalk on his boots - i recognise this was introduced to bring variety to his play, however his biggest weapon has been putting balls in behind the opposition back line to attack from out wide and he needs to get back to doing a lot more of that.

Reminiscent of Beckham when he played out right for England but would just end up central - again, his biggest weapon was his cross but wanted to be another midfielder too, completely loses the teams shape....and todays game was screaming out to stretch play.