Author Topic: LC: Liverpool v Arsenal  (Read 42041 times)

Offline Higgins79

• Legacy Fan
  • return of the king
Re: LC: Liverpool v Arsenal
« Reply #280 on: January 13, 2022, 09:55:07 pm »
What was really obvious today was our starting front 6 had zero pace and zero running power. When those same players aren’t going to take on a man and beat them, your not going to create much. We can’t go with that line up again or it will be a very bad month.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #281 on: January 13, 2022, 09:55:09 pm »
Called it over a year ago but got typical responses.

You were also saying Milner should be playing ahead of Keita just the other week, ;D

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #282 on: January 13, 2022, 09:55:17 pm »
How many times we've seen that now? Absolute rubbish, can't blame the players, we're clearly missing talent to win us matches when attacking low block. Adding some creative player in this squad would've been nice.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #283 on: January 13, 2022, 09:55:18 pm »
Love Milner, been an excellent workhorse for the club, but why is he starting in midfield ahead of Ox tonight? Even against Chelsea, Keita on the bench and Milner starts.

Mind blowing!
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: January 13, 2022, 09:55:21 pm »
Ben White!

Laughed out loud there mate, well played!
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: January 13, 2022, 09:55:38 pm »
Eurgh :(

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: January 13, 2022, 09:55:57 pm »
Need to bring in some new players really. If ever a game clearly demonstrated that then it was this really…

I can't for the life of me see how people can argue we don't need a major refresh after the last couple of months. In which time we've only beaten Shrewsbury.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #287 on: January 13, 2022, 09:56:01 pm »
Ben White!

I thought Minamino marked him out of the game, stayed touch tight on him for the full 90 minutes.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline elkun

• Kopite
« Reply #288 on: January 13, 2022, 09:56:08 pm »
I’m not one to overreact, nor to get too down after a poor performance.

But that was utterly shite.

Credit to Arse? Nah - they didn’t have to do a great deal. Their game against City showed how much they have improved since their supporters were calling for Arteta’s head, but the lack of creativity and penetration by us was just so typical of our performances when we are faced with 10, and a low block. It’s our (and it has to be said, Juergen’s) Achilles heel.

Minamino’s performance against us for Leipzig/Salzburg (I cannot remember, and am beyond caring) was in retrospect the biggest outlier in my football memory bank. He, along with Hendo, Millie and Trent, were poor all game, as was Jota.
He just isn't good enough for the premier league let alone for us. I would have think his loan spell to Southampton would give Klopp a clear idea that just lack the physicality to play in this league.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #289 on: January 13, 2022, 09:56:21 pm »
That 2nd half was as pathetic as you can get. One shot on goal against 10 men and one utterly terrible miss which we probably deserved to miss as we were so shocking.

to be honest this is on Jurgen, all the subs were too little too late. Trent was obviously short of fitness so why wasn't Neco on earlier? At half time we had the chance to go a bit more attacking in our line up but instead we waited till 60mins for the 1st change. Milly wasn't needed against 10 men and we paid for that. With all the fitness issues we should be getting energy into the team when its obvious the ones on the pitch don't have it.

Not sure how we take 6 pts from the next 2 games with a toothless attack.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: January 13, 2022, 09:56:22 pm »
How many times we've seen that now? Absolute rubbish, can't blame the players, we're clearly missing talent to win us matches when attacking low block. Adding some creative player in this squad would've been nice.

A couple?

And blame… the manager?
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: January 13, 2022, 09:56:27 pm »
Would it be too radical to suggest we need a creative player or two? Or is signing players still frowned upon on here?

We definitely need freshening up. Too many players on high wages who don’t offer enough and it’s not going to change. Big few months coming up for FSG with Salah’s contract and investment needed.

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #292 on: January 13, 2022, 09:56:27 pm »
Jota looked badly unsuit to play on the right hand side
The change is cast

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: January 13, 2022, 09:56:32 pm »
Would it be too radical to suggest we need a creative player or two? Or is signing players still frowned upon on here?

We're all for it, our owners though...

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #294 on: January 13, 2022, 09:56:58 pm »
He was so poor. He just isnt good enough.

He had one good run which finished with a miss hit cross that nearly sneaked in, other than that he was vacant during the game. That finish at the end sums up his time at Liverpool. Was always giving him a chance since he arrived and kept thinking it’ll click for him, but after tonight I realise he just isn’t at all good enough to be a squad player for us.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: January 13, 2022, 09:57:10 pm »

To be fair we haven’t seen it many times, 81 goals in all competitions this season, first 0-0 and only the second time we’ve not scored.

It was shite like but it’s deffo not been a regular occurrence.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #296 on: January 13, 2022, 09:57:17 pm »
Who played well? 

Neco our best player perhaps?
Jones was aggressive anyway.
Matip had some creative moments, but his one shot sort of makes it clear why he doesn't usually pull the trigger during his wandering runs forward.

Struggling to think of anyone else...

Jones needs to start more now. No point crossing our fingers and hoping the likes of Minamino, Ox and Keita are going to morph into world beaters. Milner time is up as well. Get Jones developing. Elliot as well
When he’s back.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline StL-Dono

• Kopite
  • thank you Ian Rush
« Reply #297 on: January 13, 2022, 09:57:22 pm »
Such a strange performance

Just don't understand why we weren't trying to go wide more.

We've had performances where we haven't been able to crack a defence so kept chucking balls in but we did the complete opposite there

I think Robbo was so poor that it wasn't an option to go wide left.

And TAA didn't get nearer than 20 yards to the touchline all night.  Bizarre positioning I thought. 

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: January 13, 2022, 09:57:38 pm »
A couple?

And blame… the manager?

It has happened before, same stuff all over. Klopp is brilliant but without Salah or Mane we look nothing special.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: January 13, 2022, 09:57:48 pm »
Why did Milner start? Why was Miller not pulled at half?

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: January 13, 2022, 09:59:05 pm »
It has happened before, same stuff all over. Klopp is brilliant but without Salah or Mane we look nothing special.

Klopp is nothing special?

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #301 on: January 13, 2022, 09:59:08 pm »
Trent should have stayed wide.

Be an uphill battle to qualify now.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: January 13, 2022, 09:59:15 pm »
Corners starting to annoy me. Why does Trent spend a few minutes to try and gain a few yards at the corner and then doesn't beat first man. Robertson can't take one either but still does

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #303 on: January 13, 2022, 09:59:16 pm »
Such a strange performance

Just don't understand why we weren't trying to go wide more.

We've had performances where we haven't been able to crack a defence so kept chucking balls in but we did the complete opposite there

Bingo. It was driving me mad watching Trent go inside, though it wasn't his greatest game. But Robbo too has been really up and down this season.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: January 13, 2022, 09:59:18 pm »
Why did Milner start? Why was Miller not pulled at half?

Flabbergasted to see Klopp start him game after game.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #305 on: January 13, 2022, 09:59:24 pm »
Not that he played well tonight but Minamino is not a left forward, not by this system or with that combination of players tonight. Still don't understand why we signed him, felt like a very punty signing which we don't do generally and he's an example why. Good player but not suited to how we play at all.

Especially when he's playing alongside Firmino and Jota, too easy to shut them down as a trio, whereas add Mo or Mane and the opposition defence is being pulled apart and there's space to work with. Was never right for this game or that front three.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #306 on: January 13, 2022, 09:59:28 pm »

I didn't even hear him mentioned until the red card to be honest

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: January 13, 2022, 10:00:00 pm »
Christ, that midfield, let us never see it again.

Would love for us to sign a creative midfielder in this window, fat chance with these mingebags.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #308 on: January 13, 2022, 10:00:06 pm »
It doesn't help that the players brought in to freshen things up are injured again (Thiago, Elliot) or adjusting (Konate).

This is what happens when you keep doing the bare minimum every window.
That's the elephant in the room for me. We've been English, European and World Champions, but I don't think we've really strengthened well from that position and built on it. In times when we are stretched for whatever reason, this particular elephant really shows.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: January 13, 2022, 10:00:08 pm »
Maybe we were better off playing the kids...
Thought that myself, couldn't have been worse.
Tyler is every bit as good as Milner and Hendo in their current form.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: January 13, 2022, 10:00:08 pm »
Be an uphill battle to qualify now.

It wont.

Offline T.Mills

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: January 13, 2022, 10:00:09 pm »

Hes either really fucking good or really fucking shit. Literally no inbetween with him.  ;D

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: January 13, 2022, 10:00:29 pm »
Flabbergasted to see Klopp start him game after game.

We call it before every game also, and the majority of us on here know very little ;D

Offline elkun

• Kopite
« Reply #313 on: January 13, 2022, 10:00:39 pm »
Was Firmino actually playing today?

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: January 13, 2022, 10:00:40 pm »
Klopp is nothing special?

That's clearly not what I said, Klopp is everything, I just wish we could support him with enough talent to win everything there's to win  :).

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #315 on: January 13, 2022, 10:01:02 pm »
It wont.

Of course it will.

We have a thread bare squad and no midfield.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: January 13, 2022, 10:01:15 pm »
We played shite in the first leg of a two leg semi. Ah well. It’s fair to say life could be worse.

Best stay out of the thread.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #317 on: January 13, 2022, 10:01:32 pm »
Clearly miles off and should not have started. He could barely kick the ball.

Trent tends to need games to find his feet again after an absence.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: January 13, 2022, 10:01:32 pm »
He was so poor. He just isnt good enough.
He’s shown some glimpses where you can see what he can offer, but you’re right unfortunately.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #319 on: January 13, 2022, 10:01:44 pm »
Love Milner, been an excellent workhorse for the club, but why is he starting in midfield ahead of Ox tonight? Even against Chelsea, Keita on the bench and Milner starts.

Mind blowing!

Either Klopp really thinks he was the best option or a statement to FSG that our squad isn't good enough.