Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
The French league usually has some top class DMs. Where the fuck are they all?
Stalling is only going to harden voters' resolve against them.
They already know that the game is up. Delaying gives them more time to line their pockets and create some extra havoc for Labour to sort.
I'm happy to hear the news about Jim; thanks, John!
General Football and Sport / Re: The Snooker thread
« Last post by gerrardisgod on Today at 06:45:36 pm »
I know Ronnie does it (although he’s actually at least earned the right to), I don’t get why this newer generation of players do so much media work during (hell, even after being knocked out) tournaments. Murphy was always the standout for it, but recent times there’s the likes of Lisowski, Wilson and now Allen doing it. Surely you’d want to just concentrate on your game and then when/if you’re knocked out you’d want to be nowhere near it.
General Football and Sport / Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Last post by Tonyh8su on Today at 06:45:34 pm »
Tango plonker Ben White has carte blanche to foul repeatedly

Sunday league levels today, Opening the goalkeeper's gloves before a corner and standing in front of him blocking him.
Don't see how a 6 is a huge priority - especially if we're going to play with a double pivot in which Mac is pretty close to un-upgradable as the more defensive of the 2
If we need a body with Thiago leaving and Bajetic not ready (unsure on the second bit) and so that Endo doesn't have to play a lot of league games then cool but spending big on it doesn't seem necessary or that easy to do ..or likely to improve your results that much 

Lots of work / opportunity elsewhere .. as ever.. spend your money in both boxes
Yeah it’s interesting because we can only guess from the outside. To me it feels like Klopp has lost the energy because competing with City with our resources is extremely difficult. Similar to what happened at Dortmund, and that losing him might make the difference more apparent. And the players he left behind at Dortmund never reached the same heights. Rather than the squad being stale, it’s that he’s wrung everything he could from them and a new manager might not be able to draw as much from the same players.

Hopefully Slot is great but I’ve not felt this level of apathy for a new season before but it’s hard to get excited when you’re losing one of the best fitting managers we’ve ever had.

Some foundations have been laid though with youngsters like Quansah, Bradley, Clark, Bajcetic, Mcconnell, Doak, Koumas, Gordon and Danns. Obviously can't just throw them all in but they can help freshen things up, along with some sound recruitment this summer. More to come from youngish lads like Elliott, Jones, Mac Allister, Gravenberch as well.

The future looked rosy a month ago with the squad, so a month later it's not all hopeless.

The injury situation is unsustainable though from the past two years.

I was there for that. Surreal day.

There was definitely pockets who cheered when Blackburn went one up. Blackburn were actually so bad on the day that we didn't need to do much to get back in it and the crowd got behind the team. When we scored at the end for about 20 seconds we thought we'd just won United the league and then the news came through of the full time.
Interesting.

So Blackburn froze effectively despite us wanting them to win? Thankfully, we didn't hand United the title.
General Football and Sport / Re: The Snooker thread
« Last post by west_london_red on Today at 06:40:40 pm »
Watching young 30 year old Lisowski. Why does this guy get so much attention? He’s made some serious gaffes against Bingham but in general I just don’t see the fuss. Nowhere near the talent of a Jimmy White for instance, I don’t get it.

Probably been discussed on here and elsewhere before but it’s probably because there is a complete lack of new talent in the sport right now that average/good players get talked up into being something special. Trump, Selby, the class of 92 are still the special players, Trump is 37 but since him there hasn’t been anyone special, there’s good players like Allen and I’d probably put an inform Robertson in that first bracket, but it’s been a long time that a genuine special player and star has come on the scene.
I know I said last week that I might be interested in taking over from BoRed but I've decided to take a break from football next season so I won't be doing it. As of now I won't be taking part in the predictions league either but that might change closer to the start of the next one.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10