Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance
« Last post by Crosby Nick on Today at 07:33:45 am »
I want Arsenal to beat Spurs at the weekend. That result is far more useful for us.

I’m not worried about Spurs winning their last 6 or whatever it is they need. I’d say Villa are more likely to win out (our game with them could be important) but I wouldn’t stress about Spurs at this point. Not that their results against Arsenal and City are too much of our business now.
The Boozer / Re: Holidays 2024 - What's your plans?
« Last post by andyrol on Today at 07:29:59 am »
just booked a villa in Rhodes in a small village-Gennadi
Rafa as interim, and let’s take our time to make a top class younger appointment for the long term.

"Take our time" to make a top class younger appointment.

That does not sound like a job for an "interim" manager.
« Last post by Caps4444 on Today at 07:29:20 am »
What a manager, what a team but at the end of it all, will there be a sense of so close yet so far?

We deserved 1 more league title and 1 more European Cup, I feel the 21/22 season made Jurgen think….that was a painful season the way it ended.

For example United fans may play down Klopp and his time with us and the fact he only won 2 top tier trophies, but I look at the journey, looking forward to games at the end of the season, the joy of being involved in title races, cup semis, finals….its been an absolute pleasure, delight….and we had it consistently from 2017 to 2024.
Hopefully things are starting to calm down in here now?  Having thought (a lot) and read a bit more I think (since Klopp is such a force of nature to replace) the move for Slot, trying to have some sort of football style continuity, is a smart move. It is also, clearly a bit of a punt, but an educated punt. I do think it’s was a bit of a toss up between Amorim and Slot, but in the end the continuity of style, plus it looks like Slot has a very strong character, makes a lot of sense. We can’t have another Klopp.
That strength of character will be tested a lot at the start. From players, fans and media rats who just can’t wait to see us falter. So I think it’s our job to eliminate one of those pressures off Arne.
I think acceptance of all this is needed to move on. Now we need to help the new man find his feet and make his own way. We shouldn’t pick holes in the guy ourselves before a ball is kicked. Give him a good chance and some unconditional support.
Football style and charisma is his building blocks. We can help give him confidence and ease his introduction by knd of getting over it and helping him get on board.
Anyone who followed Klopp was going to have a hill to climb. We shouldn’t drag him back.
Does he deserve one?

Nah I guess it is better to let a home grown world class player in his early 20s go on a free.
Media and Arts / Re: Music Association Game
« Last post by joe buck on Today at 07:23:26 am »
The Tears Of A Clown - Smokey Robinson and The Miracles
96 Tears-The Stranglers
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Last post by Draex on Today at 07:22:54 am »
Everyone in the team needs to improve based on the last month though

100% but Darwin has the biggest amount of improvement of the current front line.
115 millimetres, that is indeed quite a lot in one day
« Last post by The_Nomad on Today at 07:21:20 am »
I want Arsenal to beat Spurs at the weekend. That result is far more useful for us.

Whatever happens, l don’t want The Arse to win it. It would be too fucking painful to think they’d got it right and won it instead of us under Klopp. If $hitty 115 win it, it would be meaningless to everyone.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10