Author Topic: Amazon Fire Stick  (Read 102206 times)

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Amazon Fire Stick
« Reply #280 on: March 16, 2020, 03:03:13 pm »
I sideloaded stuff when I got it, but never really used it - Netflix and Amazon Prime already has more stuff than I have time to watch.

This is what I’ve found the last year or so. Also use iPlayer and occasionally the likes of ITV and All4.

Still have all the crap on it I sideloaded so really need to wipe it clean.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #281 on: March 16, 2020, 06:49:58 pm »
What are the best apps, normal and side loaded, these days?

Need to reset my older one as loads of crap on it and get some new stuff on it.

Depends what you need.I've not used them for ages but there are a few good live tv apps,LiveNet,Swift and TVtap were what I used to use for the footy before I went for paid iptv.I use both CinemaHD and Cat Mouse with real-debrid for catch up but there are loads of those to choose from.

I've not used kodi for at least a year as the apps have you covered.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Horizon

• Main Stander
« Reply #282 on: March 16, 2020, 11:34:51 pm »
Dunno why you would pay for Netflix and Prime when you can load Cinema HD on this, has all the content of both plus even more and it's free.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #283 on: March 17, 2020, 02:19:41 pm »
I'm going to buy one of these for my Dad, as he will be isolating for the recommended period.

He doesn't have a smart TV but his TV is a large 37" with HDMI ports... will any firestick work? And he has wifi of course.

Will this one work? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Fire-TV-Stick-Streaming-Media-Player-Alexa/dp/B0791RGQW3/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=fire+stick&qid=1584454749&s=amazon-devices&sr=1-1

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: March 17, 2020, 02:36:44 pm »
I'm going to buy one of these for my Dad, as he will be isolating for the recommended period.

He doesn't have a smart TV but his TV is a large 37" with HDMI ports... will any firestick work? And he has wifi of course.

Will this one work? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Fire-TV-Stick-Streaming-Media-Player-Alexa/dp/B0791RGQW3/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=fire+stick&qid=1584454749&s=amazon-devices&sr=1-1

Yeah,they work on any tv with an hdmi port.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 02:53:12 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #285 on: March 17, 2020, 02:40:40 pm »

Yeah,they work on any tv with an hdmi port.

Thanks so much. :)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: March 17, 2020, 02:52:55 pm »
Thanks so much. :)

:thumbup  The 4k ones are quite a bit faster,only really notice during boot up though.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: April 7, 2020, 11:09:42 am »
Picked a Fire TV Stick 4K up whilst they've been on offer. Quite happy with it but I have one minor niggle. When I press the Home button on the Fire TV remote, it should switch input to HDMI 4 which is where the Fire TV Stick is connected but it doesn't happen. This works fine with all the other devices plugged into the TV - Sky Q box, PS4 etc.

My Fire Stick settings for this stuff all looks spot on...

Display -> Display & Sound -> HDMI CEC Device Control - On
Equipment Control -> Equipment Control - Automatic
Equipment Control -> Manage Equipment -> Fire TV - HDMI4
Equipment Control -> Advanced Settings -> Power On Input - Fire TV
Equipment Control -> Advanced Settings -> Home Button -> HDMI-CEC Only

Am I missing something?

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: April 7, 2020, 12:00:13 pm »
Picked a Fire TV Stick 4K up whilst they've been on offer. Quite happy with it but I have one minor niggle. When I press the Home button on the Fire TV remote, it should switch input to HDMI 4 which is where the Fire TV Stick is connected but it doesn't happen. This works fine with all the other devices plugged into the TV - Sky Q box, PS4 etc.

Am I missing something?

I usually press the home button a few times and also the centre of the disc button above it until the home page appears. It seems a bit random to me, sometimes one or two presses, sometimes more. Sometimes it will change to the correct input but says cable not attached, a final home button press brings it up. Sorry if a bit vague but it very rare for me to just have one home press.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: April 7, 2020, 12:11:03 pm »

Am I missing something?

You usually have to press it a couple of times so that the remote starts the connection with the stick

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: April 7, 2020, 12:33:09 pm »
I usually press the home button a few times and also the centre of the disc button above it until the home page appears. It seems a bit random to me, sometimes one or two presses, sometimes more. Sometimes it will change to the correct input but says cable not attached, a final home button press brings it up. Sorry if a bit vague but it very rare for me to just have one home press.
I think he means when he's watching normal telly - a press of the home button on stick will take him to firestick home (rather than having to use his normal tv remote and change the output to whatever hdmi channel it's on)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: April 7, 2020, 01:01:15 pm »
I think he means when he's watching normal telly - a press of the home button on stick will take him to firestick home (rather than having to use his normal tv remote and change the output to whatever hdmi channel it's on)

That's what Nitra was trying to explain,it doesn't matter what button you press on your FS remote,it just takes a few presses for the remote to link up with the stick,you will notice a little pop up when you first plug your stick in  (already on your HDMI port) saying that the remote has connected,it's the same thing.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: April 7, 2020, 01:09:49 pm »
That's what Nitra was trying to explain,it doesn't matter what button you press on your FS remote,it just takes a few presses for the remote to link up with the stick,you will notice a little pop up when you first plug your stick in  (already on your HDMI port) saying that the remote has connected,it's the same thing.
Ok fair enough, im a little confused, doesn't work on my telly anyway, does at my mums though and she has an older telly and older stick!

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: April 7, 2020, 01:34:11 pm »

Equipment Control -> Advanced Settings -> Home Button -> HDMI-CEC Only  (IR and HDMI-CEC)

Am I missing something?

That's the only thing I have set differently and the Fire TV -HDMI (number port) changes automatically depending on what port you're plugged into obviously.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #294 on: April 7, 2020, 02:15:41 pm »
Same as the others - usually takes clicking the home button a couple of times before it does it for me.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: April 7, 2020, 02:19:03 pm »
I've tried pressing numerous times as well as other buttons on the controller but it still doesn't change the input to HDMI 4. Tried swapping it to a different HDMI port that I know works with HDMI-CEC and reconfigured the Fire Stick to point to that port but still doesn't work. TV is a Sony XF80.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: April 7, 2020, 02:58:40 pm »
I've tried pressing numerous times as well as other buttons on the controller but it still doesn't change the input to HDMI 4. Tried swapping it to a different HDMI port that I know works with HDMI-CEC and reconfigured the Fire Stick to point to that port but still doesn't work. TV is a Sony XF80.

Have you tried changing to this ?

Equipment Control -> Advanced Settings -> Home Button -> Change HDMI-CEC Only  to (IR and HDMI-CEC)

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: April 7, 2020, 03:24:16 pm »
Yeah I tried that, although the TV randomly switched to HDMI 1 a minute later so turned it back off.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: April 7, 2020, 03:33:58 pm »
Yeah I tried that, although the TV randomly switched to HDMI 1 a minute later so turned it back off.

It does that when the stick first powers up/comes out of sleep.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: April 9, 2020, 05:06:02 pm »
Mum's just got a firestick for each room in the house, never jailbroken anything but want to try and get all the channels ect.

Anyone walk me through how to get them sorted?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: April 9, 2020, 06:07:48 pm »
Mum's just got a firestick for each room in the house, never jailbroken anything but want to try and get all the channels ect.

Anyone walk me through how to get them sorted?

I'll DM you later,you looking for just a free apps or are you going to stick paid iptv on them ?

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: April 9, 2020, 06:24:47 pm »
I'll DM you later,you looking for just a free apps or are you going to stick paid iptv on them ?

Just free at the minute please mate, mainly for my mum and dad who tend to just watch BBC, ITV and the occasional movie.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: April 9, 2020, 08:44:32 pm »
Just free at the minute please mate, mainly for my mum and dad who tend to just watch BBC, ITV and the occasional movie.

Well you can put all the uk stations actual players on by searching on the stick (magnifying glass top left homepage),you then need to sign up for accounts on them and follow the instructions to enable them on the stick.

I'm just looking for the best way for you to sideload the other apps and will DM in a minute.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: April 9, 2020, 11:32:30 pm »
Well you can put all the uk stations actual players on by searching on the stick (magnifying glass top left homepage),you then need to sign up for accounts on them and follow the instructions to enable them on the stick.

I'm just looking for the best way for you to sideload the other apps and will DM in a minute.
Apps2Fire if he has an Android phone or tablet.

Stick Typhoon TV on with it.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #304 on: April 29, 2020, 02:22:54 pm »
My Firestick is playing silly buggers again. Looks like it's loading up but then just goes to a black screen with the three little dots like it's loading. If I hold down the Home button I can get access to the apps and settings options, but if I click one of them it just goes back to the black screen again. My only option seems to be a factory reset which I really don't want to do as I have all my IPTV and Kodi on there. Anyone any advice, I assume I need to empty my cache or something but I have tried googling and can't see anyone with a solution when you literally can't even get into your settings.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: April 29, 2020, 05:15:36 pm »
My Firestick is playing silly buggers again. Looks like it's loading up but then just goes to a black screen with the three little dots like it's loading. If I hold down the Home button I can get access to the apps and settings options, but if I click one of them it just goes back to the black screen again. My only option seems to be a factory reset which I really don't want to do as I have all my IPTV and Kodi on there. Anyone any advice, I assume I need to empty my cache or something but I have tried googling and can't see anyone with a solution when you literally can't even get into your settings.

You clear cache in the application manager,just click on an app in that,force stop and clear cache.I doubt that will sort out your problem though.Try logging out of your wifi and back in again,if that doesn't work then log out of your Amazon account on the stick and back in again.

Once you get it sorted stick adblink on your computer,you can then back up your Kodi onto the computer,I used to back it up once a week so it is always fairly up to date.Then if you ever have a Kodi problem or you do need to factory reset the stick you can easily put your kodi set up back on.The iptv isn't a problem though as you only have to add your details & url depending on the app you're using.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 05:20:04 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: April 29, 2020, 06:12:01 pm »
Thanks but I can't even get into my apps manager. If I hold my home button down I get a screen with a clock plus icons for apps, sleep, mirroring and settings but if I click apps or settings it just goes black and back to the 3 dots again.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: April 29, 2020, 06:22:39 pm »
Thanks but I can't even get into my apps manager. If I hold my home button down I get a screen with a clock plus icons for apps, sleep, mirroring and settings but if I click apps or settings it just goes black and back to the 3 dots again.

Turn your modem off and then plug your stick in,I don't think it will do anything but it could give the sign into wifi/network settings pop up.

Sounds like you will have to do the reset using your remote though,in that case you'll lose everything  :-[

Just going through the motions and then cancelling the reset could sort you out though so try that 1st.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GBVZEZKT6A6LH4UP

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: April 29, 2020, 06:28:28 pm »
Thanks, will give it a go!

Offline aka_da_saus

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • follow me on twitter @aka_da_saus
« Reply #309 on: May 13, 2020, 10:48:40 pm »
Hd Cinema gone slow lately or it just me ?
we hate nottingham forest
we hate everton 2 THERE SHIT
we hate man united
but liverpool we love u
all together now

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: May 14, 2020, 04:09:37 pm »

Was fine for me yesterday (on Firestick) when I binged most of Emergence.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: May 14, 2020, 05:45:31 pm »

You using the free scrapers/streams ?  Only ask because they will all be getting hammered atm.

Offline lfcianlfc

• Kemlynite
« Reply #312 on: May 21, 2020, 08:53:13 am »
Apologies in advance as I am a bit of a novice when it comes to things like this.

I was looking to get a pre loaded firestick/kodi box that I can predominantly watch sport on (BT/Premier etc). Can anyone point me in the correct direction or give me some useful info as to where to start looking for this?

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #313 on: May 21, 2020, 09:35:32 am »
Is anyones IPTV playing up?

Mine is starting to freeze midway through films, not load series that I've previously been watching etc.

I've cleared the cache, updated and even installed a VPN as one of the lads reckons Virgin Media is clamping down, but still it persists.

"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: June 1, 2020, 07:03:21 pm »
Annoying little thing, but no big deal in the grand scheme of things.

When I turn my TV and Firestick on, there is no sound from the firestick. I have to take it out of the TV and put it back in again for the sound to come back. It happens no matter which HDMI port it's in.

Any ideas why and how to fix it?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: June 1, 2020, 11:02:17 pm »
Try turning off HDMI CEC Device control,settings --> Display and sound

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: June 27, 2020, 07:57:34 pm »
About 18 months ago, I bought an Amazon Fire Stick. Worked great with the likes of KODI downloaded etc,  Until they blocked it etc.

Autumn last year, changed the room around, decorated, had a big clearout etc, Disconected the fire stick

A couple of weeks ago, plugs it back into my tv, but coudn't find the remote. Ordered and received a replacement.

Paired them up ok.

Now. I;m a bit of a technophobe when it comes to technology.

I wan't to be able to watch films, the sci-fi channels, and maybe some footie before the season is out. Not really into box sets, etc.

There's no point in subscribing, as I don't watch that much, to get my monies worth.

So I don't particularly want to subscribe, or if possible, pay for anything.

Any recomendations for free stuff, and how to download, and install (I did mention I'm a bit of a technophobe),

So treat me like a child. Give me it in laymans terms.

Any sugestions, and help,  welcome.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: June 27, 2020, 08:33:34 pm »
About 18 months ago, I bought an Amazon Fire Stick. Worked great with the likes of KODI downloaded etc,  Until they blocked it etc.

Autumn last year, changed the room around, decorated, had a big clearout etc, Disconected the fire stick

A couple of weeks ago, plugs it back into my tv, but coudn't find the remote. Ordered and received a replacement.

Paired them up ok.

Now. I;m a bit of a technophobe when it comes to technology.

I wan't to be able to watch films, the sci-fi channels, and maybe some footie before the season is out. Not really into box sets, etc.

There's no point in subscribing, as I don't watch that much, to get my monies worth.

So I don't particularly want to subscribe, or if possible, pay for anything.

Any recomendations for free stuff, and how to download, and install (I did mention I'm a bit of a technophobe),

So treat me like a child. Give me it in laymans terms.

Any sugestions, and help,  welcome.
Plenty of advice on best Kodi builds on youtube. they walk you through it. step by step.
You will probably need to reinstall up to date Kodi before you install a Kodi build. youtube will walk you through it step by step as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXOWBPUnuN8

It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline NotTooXabi12

• NotTooCheery
  • Main Stander
« Reply #318 on: September 12, 2020, 10:59:44 am »
Anybody know how to install a free vpn onto a firestick?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: September 12, 2020, 11:59:13 am »
Anybody know how to install a free vpn onto a firestick?

Only free one I know of that works on the stick is windscribe and it's in the sticks app store.