Author Topic: A Summer Summary  (Read 10074 times)

Offline Notayesman

• Really, really hates Quaresma with a passion that outshines the brightest star in the galaxy.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: A Summer Summary
« Reply #40 on: September 7, 2006, 03:58:51 pm »
'greatest central midfielder'? I presume you meant Xabi!

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: September 7, 2006, 04:08:17 pm »
'greatest central midfielder'? I presume you meant Xabi!

I was actually referring to Bolo.

Offline Marty McFly

• He is not a number, he's a free man now
  • Legacy Fan
  • Has been busy in parallel dimensions and shit.
« Reply #42 on: September 7, 2006, 08:57:43 pm »
Surely Momo ::)

Offline americanscouser

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: September 8, 2006, 02:55:34 am »
bit of sideways to the topic, but the more i look at it and watch them, it appears that arsenal could be the new "one man team"

they just don't look like scoring a lot of goals if henry isn't on top form.  rosicky seems a peripheral type of player in that he'll score a few belters but is more a provider.  hleb seems better suited centrally than on the wing, reyes leaving takes away some of their options, walcott isn't ready, adebayour isn't prolific etc etc etc.

think they could have another tough season like last where they battle it out with london rival spurs for 4th.  baptista is a nice addition, but if they a player who could thrive on service from the wings i think they'd be twice as dangerous going forward.  wonder if wenger thinks crosses aren't beautiful enough

Offline jfpower

• Legacy Fan
  • Yanks out!
« Reply #44 on: September 8, 2006, 05:30:47 am »
No mention of neverton as a top 4 team?

Good summary and more or less spot on.

Offline LMred

• Kemlynite
  • This is the end..
« Reply #45 on: September 9, 2006, 01:42:26 am »
Howerver, i just feel we may ter rue our failure to bring in a tough tackling midfilder.

Well, first of all we have Momo, who is like two players in one. Secondly, Alonso had one of (if not the?) best tackle completion rates in the league last season. Then there is Gerrard, no shrinking violet there. Zenden is decent enough cover strength wise. So I dont get your point about lacking tough tackling midfielders really. In fact we have an embarrassment of riches in that area. NOt to mention two hard nuts in Agger and Paletta, noth of whom like to go forward and dont mind getting stuck in midfield if required.  You probably elude to losing Didi, granted a fair enough point, and hard type of player to replace. But we are not as soft in the centre as you suggest.

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You're ferpectly right.
« Reply #46 on: September 9, 2006, 02:25:31 am »
Well, first of all we have Momo, who is like two players in one. Secondly, Alonso had one of (if not the?) best tackle completion rates in the league last season. Then there is Gerrard, no shrinking violet there. Zenden is decent enough cover strength wise. So I dont get your point about lacking tough tackling midfielders really. In fact we have an embarrassment of riches in that area. NOt to mention two hard nuts in Agger and Paletta, noth of whom like to go forward and dont mind getting stuck in midfield if required.  You probably elude to losing Didi, granted a fair enough point, and hard type of player to replace. But we are not as soft in the centre as you suggest.

You realise the lad you quoted is a Man Utd supporter and was talking about their team?
A liar will not be believed, even when he speaks the truth.