Author Topic: Fabio Aurelio  (Read 262737 times)

Offline Fulla

• Legacy Fan
Re: Fabio Aurelio
« Reply #1400 on: March 11, 2009, 12:15:23 pm »
could just maybe have been sarcasm there, couldn't it?

:)
"You don't play chess with Kasparov" - Juande Ramos, 25 Feb 2009

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1401 on: March 11, 2009, 12:16:59 pm »
Fabio fans are right to feel smug.

This is some footballer.

I'm grudgingly turning into one of his biggest fans now...
What took him so long though!!!

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1402 on: March 11, 2009, 12:17:53 pm »
I know it's smug but I fucking love being proved right when it comes to Fabio

You smug prick...

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #1403 on: March 11, 2009, 12:19:00 pm »
could just maybe have been sarcasm there, couldn't it?

:)

Hehe.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #1404 on: March 11, 2009, 12:19:40 pm »

He has always been quality.  Injuries have not helped and, if I am honest, our style has not helped somebody like Aurelio either.  If he had more footballers around him, players on the same wavelength, he would be even better.

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1405 on: March 11, 2009, 02:43:09 pm »

You smug prick...

He's always been class and whenever fit and given a run in the team for four or five games he has always played well for us.

From the run in the team when he dominated games against Chelsea and Arsenal at Anfield until his sad injury away against PSV in 2006-07, to his performances last season particularly away at Inter Milan and that goal against Bolton until his costly injury in the Champions League semi-final (which cost us a place in Moscow) against Chelsea to the beginning of this season, from our momentous win over United to the historic victory at Stamford Bridge, to his return from injury and excellence in the Bernabeu and last night.

Some pricks just aren't a good judge of a player  ;)

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1406 on: March 11, 2009, 02:55:49 pm »
I know it's smug but I fucking love being proved right when it comes to Fabio

What I don't get is it's plain to see he is very comfortable on the ball. Some people don't even give him credit for that
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online lukas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1407 on: March 11, 2009, 03:38:25 pm »
Fingers crossed he can stay clear of injuries now i think he is a fantastic player and slowly but surely he is proving his doubters wrong.

Hope he can get his cap for Brazil one day, hes had some terrible injuries in his career and has always come back fighting.

Well in Fabio.
PSN:lr3487

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #1408 on: March 11, 2009, 03:55:51 pm »

unfortunately true of far too many pricks on here these days and how many revisionist comments re lucas/spearing/doss/babel today?

still lets celebrate this wonderful moment and savour the first time in ages that we're all pulling in (roughly) the same direction.

fabio was boss last but then weren't we all?

Offline TLT

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1409 on: March 11, 2009, 03:59:33 pm »
Has been excellent recently. I think when he gets fit, and his head down, he is a good left back. I don't think he is top drawer, but he is equally as good as Arbeloa.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1410 on: March 11, 2009, 04:00:43 pm »
My MOtM! What a player! What a freakin' playa!..
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1411 on: March 11, 2009, 04:04:09 pm »

I was always sceptical about him, but I guess I was always looking at him on the left and we never really had a good LW for him to play with, so he looked average as the players weren't there to help him.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1412 on: March 11, 2009, 04:39:12 pm »
Many moons ago. Not so many moons ago I seem to recall someone putting the ball in his own net late on against a certain scummy Southern outfit, too.
Ironic to think that someone was the replacement of the particular somebody that this thread is dedicated to- in THAT game. Everybody thought that somebody would last the whole game, but someone replaced somebody in the dying minutes of the game. In the end, Nobody could've imagined that someone would shatter all our hopes, dreams and efforts like that ;)

Fabio was THE BEST player on the pitch that night, we dominated(we always seem to dominate midfield when Fabio's at/near his best-funny) and scored because he was at his best I've ever seen him- prolly better than last night. The moment he went off injured, we lost midfield and Ballack(4-3-3 with Ze German at 'RW', IIRC) became more influential, they started hitting at us down that side(they couldn't even begin to hope that when Fabio was on) and put Riise under so much pressure, he collapsed. We know the rest- Chelsea ended stronger than us- 10-15 minutes of dominance was all it took.

He really is like an extra midfielder as well. Hope his allright cause we need to get a stranglehold on midfield at OT and keep Evra and co. quiet.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 04:52:27 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1413 on: March 11, 2009, 06:59:00 pm »
Has been excellent recently. I think when he gets fit, and his head down, he is a good left back. I don't think he is top drawer, but he is equally as good as Arbeloa.

bollocks that mate, I like Arbeloa, but I think there's little doubting that when Fabio's at his best he is one of the best LBs around.

Offline keyo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1414 on: March 11, 2009, 10:55:17 pm »
One of the criticism's i had of him was that his "knack" of picking up injuries and inability to string enough games together to really make the position his own put us in a difficult position in terms of stability on the left.......dossena coming in was meant to solve that problem, but his lack of form has left that proposition dead in the water.....fortnately aurelio's fitness and form has generally meant that the stability has largely been there

hopefully his fitness will continue to improve and he will be able to put together longer runs in the side, leaving our need for a first choice left back less urgent than it has been for a while

so, in short, nice one fabio
Joey's ate the frogs legs, made the swiss roll, now he's munchin' gladbach!!

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #1415 on: March 11, 2009, 10:59:13 pm »
Arbeloa can't touch him.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1416 on: March 11, 2009, 11:30:34 pm »
Arbeloa can't touch him.
So, the rumours of a legal restraining order are true. On account of his over-vigorous shoulder-surfing goal celebrations. Just can't take the risk. BUPA insisted upon it apparently, what with Fabio's delicate constitution and clinical history.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1417 on: March 11, 2009, 11:31:41 pm »
So, the rumours of a legal restraining order are true. On account of his over-vigorous shoulder-surfing goal celebrations. BUPA insisted upon it apparently, what with Fabio's history and that.

He's moved onto the Doss. Did you see all the head rubbing?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Mother.F

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1418 on: March 12, 2009, 12:00:48 am »
One of the criticism's i had of him was that his "knack" of picking up injuries and inability to string enough games together to really make the position his own put us in a difficult position in terms of stability on the left.......dossena coming in was meant to solve that problem, but his lack of form has left that proposition dead in the water.....fortnately aurelio's fitness and form has generally meant that the stability has largely been there

hopefully his fitness will continue to improve and he will be able to put together longer runs in the side, leaving our need for a first choice left back less urgent than it has been for a while

so, in short, nice one fabio

Why do people always say this? He's 29 (right?) years old, his injury prone-ness isn't going to change, he's not magically going to start stringing together dozens of games. With some players you just have to accept that they get injured more often, and either their play when they're fit is good enough to warrant a place in the squad, or it's not. With Aurelio it is. Insua's doing well, (and Dossena's doing whatever it is that he's doing) so personally I'm not that worried about our left back situation, Aurelio is first choice when fit, and he has a promising understudy who can step up when he's not. If Insua continues to improve, I don't think stability will be too much of a problem, and utilising both players won't disrupt the squad.

Offline Bangers N Masch

• Legacy Fan
  • Backing Hodgson.
« Reply #1419 on: March 12, 2009, 12:01:51 am »

Aurelio's 10x the player Arbeloa is.

That's not to say Arbeloa is poor - I just think he's pretty average on the ball. Fabio though is quite the opposite. Defensively I'd say they're pretty equal - both steady but not amazing.
'Nights like the semi-final back in 2005 live long in the memory of anyone who witnessed it, never mind me as an opposition player. That night has always stuck in my head and given me the desire to one day play in a red shirt and help the club return to its former glory days.'

Muted for 12 days for calling Rafa fat.

Offline ElMagico

• hato with a rabbito. Abrocadabro!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1420 on: March 12, 2009, 12:09:31 am »
Aurelio is the best technical left back in the league, hands down

Offline keyo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1421 on: March 12, 2009, 01:07:15 am »
Why do people always say this? He's 29 (right?) years old, his injury prone-ness isn't going to change, he's not magically going to start stringing together dozens of games. With some players you just have to accept that they get injured more often, and either their play when they're fit is good enough to warrant a place in the squad, or it's not. With Aurelio it is. Insua's doing well, (and Dossena's doing whatever it is that he's doing) so personally I'm not that worried about our left back situation, Aurelio is first choice when fit, and he has a promising understudy who can step up when he's not. If Insua continues to improve, I don't think stability will be too much of a problem, and utilising both players won't disrupt the squad.

errrmmmm.....think i agree with you.....the point i had previously made was that aurelio's frequent injuries did cause disruption, one that (along with Riise's form and subsequent transfer) necessitated benitez spending on what was thought to be a first choice left back...... dossena's form seemed to ensure this problem was not settled......aurelio has played more regularly over the last year - making 18 league appearances so far this season, surpassing each of the season's he has been here - which has enabled a level of reliance to be placed on him

as you say, add in insua and dossena and the position does look less problematic than it did a year ago......largely down to the aurelio becoming the number 1 and the other two providing good back up when required (well, occasionally in dossena's case)  ....if dossena comes good and insua continues to show his potential then we will be looking good there for a while
Joey's ate the frogs legs, made the swiss roll, now he's munchin' gladbach!!

Offline Daranoza

• Legacy Fan
  • Once more unto the breach, dear friends.
« Reply #1422 on: March 12, 2009, 08:51:20 am »
So, the rumours of a legal restraining order are true. On account of his over-vigorous shoulder-surfing goal celebrations. Just can't take the risk. BUPA insisted upon it apparently, what with Fabio's delicate constitution and clinical history.

I do recall worrying rather alot when he disappeared under the manpile after his cross set up Torres' goal quite recently, what with the delicate constitution and clinical history. I expected at least a dislocated skull or some kind of compound nail fracture...
Blank.

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #1423 on: March 12, 2009, 08:55:05 am »

what took you so long ?

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #1424 on: March 12, 2009, 09:15:31 am »
He's moved onto the Doss. Did you see all the head rubbing?

It quickly stopped when the Doss threatened Arby with involvement of the Italian Mafia.

Have faith in the Doss; the Doss IS Boss!!!

As for Aurellio. Agree with those saying he was MOTM. Never gave the ball away. Defended very well. If he keeps up this form and continues to stay fit he is certainly another member to that infamous 'spine' of the team we always talk about.

Offline azer

• Misanthrope who thinks we were battered by Sunderland.
  • Legacy Fan
  • do i not like orange?
« Reply #1425 on: March 12, 2009, 03:22:02 pm »
havent had much of a chance to post on the site recently, but have to give credit where its due. Aurelio was very good in both games against Madrid. Proved again that if he has time and space he can deliver a good cross as he did in the first leg.

Not getting carried away yet though. The "good" games he has played and where people have harped on a bit have been against Chelsea and Madrid who were pretty poor out wide and as an attacking force. as well as that players like alonso and masch dominated the opposition.

If he continues contributing the way he has, all the better. but i doubt it based on the majority of his performances in a red jersey. In fact, i think Rafa will start Insua against Man Utd.
Something quaint and witty.

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #1426 on: March 12, 2009, 03:34:19 pm »
Just looking at his goals at Valencia, was he on pen duty one season?
hi

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1427 on: March 12, 2009, 03:46:10 pm »
havent had much of a chance to post on the site recently, but have to give credit where its due. Aurelio was very good in both games against Madrid. Proved again that if he has time and space he can deliver a good cross as he did in the first leg.

Not getting carried away yet though. The "good" games he has played and where people have harped on a bit have been against Chelsea and Madrid who were pretty poor out wide and as an attacking force. as well as that players like alonso and masch dominated the opposition.

If he continues contributing the way he has, all the better. but i doubt it based on the majority of his performances in a red jersey. In fact, i think Rafa will start Insua against Man Utd.
??? ?!? 
I can't believe that anyone would suggest that, unless Insua-Aurelio play together on the left, which is unlikely to happen with Riera available and Babel on the up of late. 
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1428 on: March 12, 2009, 04:14:31 pm »

What a repugnant post, even for you.

You say you'll give him credit and then go on to spout some of the most snidey and backhanded compliments I've ever read on RAWK.

Needs "time and space" against "poor teams" does he? Not getting carried away? The use of inverted commas on the word "good" is shameful and shows just what a bitter twat you are.

And you doubt he'll continue to play as well? Why's that then? He's been consistently excellent when he's had a run in the side, so what's your fucking problem apart from being dense and knowing little about football? Go on just spit it out instead of making cringeworthy posts like this.

Oh and yes, Insua (or even *gulp* Dossena) may get the nod against the Mancs, but only if Fabio can't shake off that knock he got right at the end on Tuesday. It's also in line with the way he's been handled this season....either midweek or Saturday he plays but never both if it can be helped.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Daranoza

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1429 on: March 12, 2009, 04:20:31 pm »
Ah, look. Azer came out to play again. It’s kind of sweet, his dedication to the cause.
Blank.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #1430 on: March 12, 2009, 05:52:50 pm »
Ah, look. Azer came out to play again. It’s kind of sweet, his dedication to the cause.

I think his custom title says it all.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #1431 on: March 12, 2009, 05:57:06 pm »
Keep it coming Fabio keep it coming.

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1432 on: March 13, 2009, 12:40:14 am »
Ha ha Azer you fucking make me laugh

Offline Mother.F

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1433 on: March 13, 2009, 12:50:08 am »

Ha. He chose a strange time to come back and sling the mud as well.

Sometimes when people are so deliberately blind and obtuse, you just have to chuckle.

Offline redmeanmachine

• Main Stander
  • No one is bigger than the club.
« Reply #1434 on: March 13, 2009, 03:13:46 am »
bollocks that mate, I like Arbeloa, but I think there's little doubting that when Fabio's at his best he is one of the best LBs around.

Looks like Rafa is agreeing with you! He even rates Fabio better technically compared to our captain marvel and Xabi:

http://www.tribalfootballl.com/liverpool-boss-benitez-aurelio-better-gerrard-xabi-232031

Liverpool boss Rafa Benítez says Fabio Aurelio has been one of their best performers this season.

He said: "I think he is playing very well. He was talking in the press conference about set pieces and he scored a lot of goals for us this way at Valencia. He is a fantastic player with quality and has had a few problems with injuries, but he is one of the players with a lot of quality in our squad.

"If he can play a few games in a row then you will see how sharp and how much of a good player he really is. Everybody talks about Gerrard or Alonso, but technically I think he is even better than them."
“Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple.” - Bill Shankly.

“He [Dalglish] is one of the best players I have ever seen and one of the best players in the history of football." - Franz Beckenbauer.

Offline azer

• Legacy Fan
  • do i not like orange?
« Reply #1435 on: March 13, 2009, 04:05:10 pm »
??? ?!? 
I can't believe that anyone would suggest that, unless Insua-Aurelio play together on the left, which is unlikely to happen with Riera available and Babel on the up of late. 

Suggest it?? Isnt that exactly what happened after the first madrid game? Didnt Insua start against sunderland? why then is it unbelievable to suggest that he wont start the next game? i think its quite plausable.

Offline azer

• Legacy Fan
  • do i not like orange?
« Reply #1436 on: March 13, 2009, 04:14:03 pm »
What a repugnant post, even for you.

You say you'll give him credit and then go on to spout some of the most snidey and backhanded compliments I've ever read on RAWK.

Needs "time and space" against "poor teams" does he? Not getting carried away? The use of inverted commas on the word "good" is shameful and shows just what a bitter twat you are.

And you doubt he'll continue to play as well? Why's that then? He's been consistently excellent when he's had a run in the side, so what's your fucking problem apart from being dense and knowing little about football? Go on just spit it out instead of making cringeworthy posts like this.

Oh and yes, Insua (or even *gulp* Dossena) may get the nod against the Mancs, but only if Fabio can't shake off that knock he got right at the end on Tuesday. It's also in line with the way he's been handled this season....either midweek or Saturday he plays but never both if it can be helped.

Look, i am not going to get carried away. Everything i posted in that post is pretty accurate and if you can find any flaws in it please point them out rather than coming back with personal remarks.

And as for being "consistently excellent " - when has he been that? He has done absoleutly nothing more than what you would expect from a left back. Why would Aurelio get the plaudits from Tuesday night if Arbeloa was just as solid and even more of a threat going forward?
I'll tell you why -  people feel that because Aurelio has been poor in 95% of the games he has played that when he does play to the level we expect that he needs to get acclaim from the people who champion him on this site.

Fact is, Arbeloa was out for a few games and we really felt it. Aurelio was out for a few and we barely noticed.

Answer me this, was Aurelio head and shoulders above Arbeloa on tuesday? because judging by a lot of the comments on here, Aurelio was man of the match. which is strange cause its the only place i have seen it written.

Ha ha Azer you fucking make me laugh
Ha. He chose a strange time to come back and sling the mud as well.

Sometimes when people are so deliberately blind and obtuse, you just have to chuckle.

Why am i being blind? Said he had a good game. Should I have expected less?

Anyway, see if he plays tomorrow and if he does, we'll see how well he does against a team that can play with width and will pose an attacking threat. Over to you fabio.....

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #1437 on: March 13, 2009, 04:19:29 pm »

we'll see how well he does against a team that can play with width and will pose an attacking threat. Over to you fabio.....

Oh so you must mean Manchester United, the team we beat at home with Fabio at LB.

But never mind that keep posting your baseless nonsense.

::)
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline azer

• Legacy Fan
  • do i not like orange?
« Reply #1438 on: March 13, 2009, 04:27:29 pm »
Oh so you must mean Manchester United, the team we beat at home with Fabio at LB.
But never mind that keep posting your baseless nonsense.
 ::)

Yeah, the same Manchester United who thumped Fulham last week. - Remember them? the team we played at home with Fabio at LB and managed to keep them to 0-0.......

Offline Daranoza

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1439 on: March 13, 2009, 04:28:30 pm »
Azer is missing the fact that there is a reason why Aurelio rarely plays twice in a week. It’s not down to the fact that the boss has no faith in him. He doesn’t get dropped, he gets rested. It’s down to the fact that it’s all he can handle, physically, before he starts picking up knocks and strains. That’s nothing to do with talent or lack of it but everything to do with the fact that he seems more prone to injury than other players and to get the best out of him he needs time between games. Like I have often said, he’s the ‘good’ china that can’t be used too much or else it gets worn out and loses its shine. Cracks, so to speak.

So, whether he plays against Man United or not is completely irrelevant. Those who actually know what they are talking about see a player who rarely performs badly, when fit, but has sadly suffered over the course of his career by NOT being fit. Who knows WHAT it is Azer sees because it’s certainly not this player.

He can’t back down. That’s all it is. Is like an argument at school or something where a person is proved wrong again and again yet still insists that black is white.
Blank.