Poll

The incoming Tory Tax Cuts..

Brilliant! With everyone struggling at the moment, a few hundred quid would be most welcome
Maybe a small one, but money should be spent on failing public services
I am an egg and I like cheese and fluffy squirrels called Bob. Bob the Fluffy squirrel is my fave babes.
There shouldn't be a tax cut when public services are already so broken. Keep spending what we are
Far more investment is needed in this country. Spend the money where it's needed now and fuck this stupid Austerity shite.

Author Topic: Never mind 'Stop the Boats' - STOP THE TORIES  (Read 1322757 times)

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Conservatives: wholly-owned subsidiary of the ERG and 55 Tufton Street
« Reply #14320 on: September 26, 2022, 11:29:03 am »
I mean Sunak wasn't a good option politically - but he was competent.

This is once again the example of why its fucking terrible to let self selecting members of political parties choose the PM. You end up with shite.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14321 on: September 26, 2022, 11:34:35 am »
With this lot - genuinely wouldn't be surprised if they use this as a reason to bring back shillings and shite like that.

Can't compare the currency because they've got the old one back.

Only plausible benefit would be Jacob Rees Mogg wanking himself to literal death at the thought of it.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14322 on: September 26, 2022, 11:38:21 am »
They do because they just got rid of their most important electoral tool in Boris because of pressure.
They got rid of him because he was tanking in the polls.  That would be a pretty stupid reason to call an election.

I think if I were a Tory strategist (ugh) I'd probably think the best option from here would be to rip the Liz Truss band aid off quickly, get Sunak in and hope he can turn the polls around before 2024.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14323 on: September 26, 2022, 11:45:45 am »
They got rid of him because he was tanking in the polls.  That would be a pretty stupid reason to call an election.

I think if I were a Tory strategist (ugh) I'd probably think the best option from here would be to rip the Liz Truss band aid off quickly, get Sunak in and hope he can turn the polls around before 2024.

I just cannot see a situation where they could survive another PM change. The pressure would be immeasurable and you would have a wing of the party in thats more likely to bend.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14324 on: September 26, 2022, 11:47:02 am »
I'm now 44 and I've never lived under a decent government, Thatcher sold everything, fucked the poor and smashed the unions, Major was just meh, and a footnote in history, Blair lied to create a war in the Middle East in cohorts with another c*nt in George W Bush, Cameron fucked us with Brexit then trotted off (pun intended), Theresa May was just another Tory stooge, now we've had the philandering buffoon who sold off PPE contracts to his rich friends and fucked the country (again), now we have another Tory idiot in Truss, who has managed to destroy the economy inside a fortnight, does it ever get better?, are these elected representatives in government and opposition really the best we can do?

Millionaires should be prohibited from becoming MPs, all they do is feather their own nests and those of their confederates, it's just fucking exhausting to be honest, they're all either imbeciles or self serving liars.

Iraq was immoral and wrong but Blair and Brown’s domestic record was very good unless you’re someone who thinks they were responsible for a global credit crisis. If you’re waiting for a government with a perfect record you’ll die unhappy. What I don’t accept is the inference that all governments are the same and equally bad. It’s a Tory spun lie designed to demotivate the working class from bothering to vote (the rich will always vote to protect their interests).

Online spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14325 on: September 26, 2022, 11:48:29 am »
KK is bleating on again that we need more tax cuts as people will have more money in their pockets.   Yes pay less tax BUT with interest rates going up to about 5% (so 8% on a mortgage) plus inflation at 10% then the gain is wiped out and a lot more lost.    They are fucking nuts!

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14326 on: September 26, 2022, 11:53:16 am »
Iraq was immoral and wrong but Blair and Brown’s domestic record was very good unless you’re someone who thinks they were responsible for a global credit crisis. If you’re waiting for a government with a perfect record you’ll die unhappy. What I don’t accept is the inference that all governments are the same and equally bad. It’s a Tory spun lie designed to demotivate the working class from bothering to vote (the rich will always vote to protect their interests).

Yes, I hear this in my staff room all the time, mostly from very poorly paid colleagues who are working more than one job and still struggling. The media has peddled this idea for years because cynicism lowers voting rates amongst the very people who need change most. It's utterly lazy to suggest that "they're all the same". When people say that, ask for specifics. It's rare that any are forthcoming...

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14327 on: September 26, 2022, 11:55:39 am »
How do tax cuts help those of us that don't pay tax?

Who's going to put extra money in our pockets so we can spend more?

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14328 on: September 26, 2022, 11:56:51 am »
KK is bleating on again that we need more tax cuts as people will have more money in their pockets.   Yes pay less tax BUT with interest rates going up to about 5% (so 8% on a mortgage) plus inflation at 10% then the gain is wiped out and a lot more lost.    They are fucking nuts!

I've worked it out and I'll be getting about £6 extra a month. That'll really make a difference. How about making sure people have higher wages in the first place?

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14329 on: September 26, 2022, 11:57:16 am »
It does seem inconceivable that the top 10% of earners are going to spend sufficiently more to offset the other 90% rationally spending less.

That 1% cut in basic income tax won't touch the sides for us and cancelling a planned NI rise isn't new money it just means one less future tax to pay.  Other than a few days away over October half-term that we booked last year we'll just be battening down the hatches.  There'll be a lot more free activities with the kids (park, bike rides, library) and a lot less paid for activities (swimming, using the local games shop, days out).  We like to support local businesses but, really, right now we just need to keep our heads above water and hope those businesses muddle through.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14330 on: September 26, 2022, 11:58:50 am »
Starmer and Reeves need to be bold now. Take off the handbrakes you c*nts.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 12:01:45 pm by killer-heels »

Online spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14331 on: September 26, 2022, 12:03:11 pm »
Its blatantly obvious what we need in this country.  PR,  an elected upper house (no people with vested interests allowed), clean up brownfield land and build social/affordable housing,  invest in education and training the trades, expand the green/renewable sector so we are world leaders.    None of this will happen as it goes against everything the establishment stand for.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #14332 on: September 26, 2022, 12:09:48 pm »
Its blatantly obvious what we need in this country.  PR,  an elected upper house (no people with vested interests allowed), clean up brownfield land and build social/affordable housing,  invest in education and training the trades, expand the green/renewable sector so we are world leaders.    None of this will happen as it goes against everything the establishment stand for.

At the very least a GE for a new PM
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14333 on: September 26, 2022, 12:10:16 pm »
How do tax cuts help those of us that don't pay tax?

Who's going to put extra money in our pockets so we can spend more?

I don't think the tories hold non-taxpayers in high esteem.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14334 on: September 26, 2022, 12:11:16 pm »
Can house prices survive this shit show? When they come tumbling down that really is the death knell for the tories.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14335 on: September 26, 2022, 12:11:52 pm »

They love non-taxpayers, but only the rich ones avoiding paying tax.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14336 on: September 26, 2022, 12:14:34 pm »

Really?  I thought that was every Tory's wet dream 🤷

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14337 on: September 26, 2022, 12:14:59 pm »
Well most pension funds are already significantly down this year. Why do you think the weak pound will affect sterling denominated pension funds?

Depends who you’re with and the investment portfolio.  If you can, move it away from sterling based investments, although some may not have that capability.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #14338 on: September 26, 2022, 12:15:29 pm »
Talk on twitter of letters already being submitted to the 1922 committee to get rid of Truss....

What a fucking shitshow

Labour needs a 'ready to rule' conference. They cannot afford to ride these poll numbers til 2024 GE

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14339 on: September 26, 2022, 12:20:09 pm »
Talk on twitter of letters already being submitted to the 1922 committee to get rid of Truss....

What a fucking shitshow

Labour needs a 'ready to rule' conference. They cannot afford to ride these poll numbers til 2024 GE

Boris will be back for the GE.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14340 on: September 26, 2022, 12:23:11 pm »
I just cannot see a situation where they could survive another PM change. The pressure would be immeasurable and you would have a wing of the party in thats more likely to bend.
They probably wouldn't, but I can't see them really surviving in any case.  Truss seems to be a bigger liability than we hoped; if they act quickly they can give a new leader time to turn things around.  It's their only hope of surviving past 2024.

It's mad that after 2019, the general consensus was that the Conservative lead was so large that Starmer's job was to just reduce the Tory majority in 2024.  Now anything less than a sizable Labour majority is going to be seen (probably rightly) as a failure.  It's an amazing turnaround when you take a step back.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Conservatives: "The Nasty Party" [TM]
« Reply #14341 on: September 26, 2022, 12:32:41 pm »
Boris will be back for the GE.

I remember him, hes the fat one, who at least pretended to care about ordinary people. I miss the lying corrupt twat.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14342 on: September 26, 2022, 12:34:14 pm »
Really interesting to hear the tone of Andy Burnham today if he speaks.

Still think his priority is to get a safe MP seat in Manchester and fast track himself to a shadow cabinet seat (transport would be perfect).

His legacy in Manchester now is secure. His work on homelessness, transport and overall devolved control of the city is streets ahead of any other devolved city. Frontline politics is where he belongs.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14343 on: September 26, 2022, 12:39:23 pm »

Still think his priority is to get a safe MP seat in Manchester and fast track himself to a shadow cabinet seat (transport would be perfect).

His legacy in Manchester now is secure. His work on homelessness, transport and overall devolved control of the city is streets ahead of any other devolved city. Frontline politics is where he belongs.

Has he said anything to indicate he's interested in getting into parliament ?

He would need to wait for a by-election or a GE.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14344 on: September 26, 2022, 12:39:37 pm »
Rachel Reeves just had a few standing ovations at conference.  Was very good.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14345 on: September 26, 2022, 12:41:32 pm »
Rachel Reeves just had a few standing ovations at conference.  Was very good.

Must have had pre-match talk from Angela Raynor and Andy Burnham.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #14346 on: September 26, 2022, 12:43:14 pm »

Would Starmer actually want that?
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14347 on: September 26, 2022, 12:44:09 pm »
Thoroughly looking forward to remortgaging next May when my current fix ends

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #14348 on: September 26, 2022, 12:44:45 pm »
They probably wouldn't, but I can't see them really surviving in any case.  Truss seems to be a bigger liability than we hoped; if they act quickly they can give a new leader time to turn things around.  It's their only hope of surviving past 2024.

It's mad that after 2019, the general consensus was that the Conservative lead was so large that Starmer's job was to just reduce the Tory majority in 2024.  Now anything less than a sizable Labour majority is going to be seen (probably rightly) as a failure.  It's an amazing turnaround when you take a step back.

It's the saying, it's Governments who win or lose elections, & this Government is a complete shitshow, & sounds like it'll be a miracle if Truss survives as PM until Halloween at this rate, never mind the next general election, with Tory MPs already twitchy.
#Sausages

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #14349 on: September 26, 2022, 12:45:25 pm »
John Sweeney
@johnsweeneyroar
One hidden misery to Kwasi Kamikaze tanking the pound is that dark Russian and Chinese money will now buy up London homes on the cheap. While the rest of us struggle with mortgages, dark actors - undertaxed and uninvestigated by Conservative governments - will fill their boots.

https://twitter.com/johnsweeneyroar/status/1574353764961525760

'Inward Investment'  ::)
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14350 on: September 26, 2022, 12:45:35 pm »
Has he said anything to indicate he's interested in getting into parliament ?

He would need to wait for a by-election or a GE.

His rhetoric with regards to the trains and rail industry in general has certainly shifted focus from Manchester to the national.

His biggest issue wont be public support but support within the local and national CLP.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14351 on: September 26, 2022, 12:46:15 pm »
Thoroughly looking forward to remortgaging next May when my current fix ends

I am doing it Feb, based on predictions it ranges from 400 to 600 quid extra a month.

Thats on top of 2 lots of childcare ill be paying for come March.

No nice shoes for me.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14352 on: September 26, 2022, 12:47:31 pm »
Reeves was passionate but still not bold enough, she and Starmer are so bloody cautious.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14353 on: September 26, 2022, 12:52:06 pm »
Would Starmer actually want that?
If Starmer was smart, he'd promise him a seat in the HoL if he wins the next election.  Then he can have him in his cabinet but not have to worry so much about a leadership bid from him.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14354 on: September 26, 2022, 12:54:36 pm »
John Sweeney
@johnsweeneyroar
One hidden misery to Kwasi Kamikaze tanking the pound is that dark Russian and Chinese money will now buy up London homes on the cheap. While the rest of us struggle with mortgages, dark actors - undertaxed and uninvestigated by Conservative governments - will fill their boots.

https://twitter.com/johnsweeneyroar/status/1574353764961525760

'Inward Investment'  ::)

Linked is this:

Tax breaks for landlords to reignite buy-to-let market
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/news/tax-breaks-landlords-reignite-buy-to-let-market/

(if anyone can post an un-firewalled version of the full article...)

We're now at the stage where buyers with mortgages are being priced out of the housing market, but the already-rich are getting handouts and further tax breaks to buy houses to rent out.
Labour should be shouting this from the rooftops.

The Thatcher had the big idea of increasing home ownership, which was successful. This government is trying to convert the housing sector into a vehicle for the wealthy to be directly funded by the masses.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #14355 on: September 26, 2022, 12:57:07 pm »

What a fucking shitshow

The Lady Jane Grey of Prime Ministers.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14356 on: September 26, 2022, 12:57:24 pm »
If Starmer was smart, he'd promise him a seat in the HoL if he wins the next election.  Then he can have him in his cabinet but not have to worry so much about a leadership bid from him.

Burnham's not that daft.

He's anything but a messiah, but he does have that 'something' that gets the public listening to him. He'd make a way better leader than Starmer.

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14357 on: September 26, 2022, 12:58:52 pm »

Do you know if that takes into account any further movement from the US Federal Reserve?  I don't see their inflation coming down soon so they'll likely be rising their base rate further still which we'll realistically have to at least match.

Part of the reason for the £'s drop in value is the raise in interest rates from the US. The BoE will have to raise interest rates to stabilise the £.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 01:01:27 pm by cornishscouser92 »
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #14358 on: September 26, 2022, 01:04:21 pm »
Looks like there’s going to be an emergency interest rate rise… joys
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14359 on: September 26, 2022, 01:07:27 pm »
Linked is this:

Tax breaks for landlords to reignite buy-to-let market
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/news/tax-breaks-landlords-reignite-buy-to-let-market/

(if anyone can post an un-firewalled version of the full article...)
https://archive.ph/tUQI7
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.