Author Topic: Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle: Full time.....  (Read 44547 times)

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle: Full time.....
« Reply #120 on: December 30, 2011, 09:50:42 pm »
Gerrard and Bellamy will take the plaudits, but Skrtel was fantastic. That clearance was a game changer.

Carroll will score a few if Gerrard stays fit, that was service he needs, not the aimless crosses of the half.

Newcastle are a team of dirty shithouses, how eleven stayed on the pitch I'll never know.

Gerrard is a sublime footballer.

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: December 30, 2011, 09:50:50 pm »
not arsed but Bellamy stands for everything we do. He is fucking unreal.

As for Gerrard, wank material
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline Ndeyanka

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: December 30, 2011, 09:50:51 pm »
What a clearance from Skrtel !

Agger and Skrtel put BA in their pocket today

Offline Darth Red

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #123 on: December 30, 2011, 09:50:58 pm »
Gerrard was simply awesome. Extra bit of class. Hendo's game went up a few levels playing alongside him.

Skittles was solid - great clearance. Agger and Glen were solid.

Very good from Bellamy, Spearing and Enrique.

I've been critical of downing but that was his best game for us.

Offline Roy of the rovers

• TORY Supporter - proof being he voted for Blair...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: December 30, 2011, 09:50:58 pm »
Bosh!

Bellamy and Gerrard - let the old times roll!

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: December 30, 2011, 09:51:02 pm »
Carroll comfortably has worse control than Kuyt.

Lack of confidence.

A confident Carroll controls that, simple as.

Offline m4Rco

• Kopite
  • wat
« Reply #126 on: December 30, 2011, 09:51:10 pm »
Boss. I think the time has finally come, Gerrard was the missing link and it's no surprise that we easily could have scored more than two after Stevie came on. Carroll and Bellamy with fantastic performances, it's a certainty that big lad Andy will score next game with Gerrard behind him. The service he got in just 30min was phenomenal. Very unlucky to hit the post he was.

The defence was fantastic. Skrtel turns into a beast player and Agger keeps his class. Great.

I'm delighted. GERRAAAAAAAAAAAARD!!!
#8 Steven Gerrard
There was no miracle in Istanbul. It was just a man inspiring other men to victory. A man with whom you'll never walk alone.

Offline callanlfc5times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: December 30, 2011, 09:51:15 pm »
Unlucky?! The guy was bombarded with world class ball after world class ball in the last 30 and he managed to fuck them all up. He had another bad game.

Although I do think him and Gerrard will hit it off- and until he starts scoring, Stevie's on a mission to make up for the goal scoring he's missed out on in 2011. That goal was unbelievable. I thought he'd crossed it and all of a sudden the nets rippling and he's wheeling away in celebration.

The team looked so much better when Stevie came on- but more importantly, they were still not reliant on him. Many times in that 30mins you'd see players bypass Stevie even if there was a slightly harder pass (which would advance play a bit further)- 12 months back every player would look for him when they got the ball.

Henderson and Carroll will really benefit from his class. And that can only be a good thing.

That game felt good.

He is low on confidence and rightly so, give him a run of games with Gerrard in the team and I'm confident he will start banging in chances like that.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE
FOR THE 96
JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline keeby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • turned down the job of katie perrys fluffer.....
« Reply #128 on: December 30, 2011, 09:51:24 pm »
in propper smug mode now - called the correct team AND the score get fekkin in thats a pint you owe me adam18 !

happy days
was on blankety blank once and came second.........

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #129 on: December 30, 2011, 09:51:24 pm »
Mark my words when Gerrard and Suarez start linking up it will be magical. Ala Torres and Gerrard.

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: December 30, 2011, 09:51:27 pm »
fuckin one man team  :boxhead

Offline paiiv

• Anny Roader
« Reply #131 on: December 30, 2011, 09:51:29 pm »
I love Craig Bellamy, neck or no neck. And I love Steven Gerrard.

Skrtel again had a great game, as did Enrique too. And Carrol looked promising too with Gerrard's crosses. Happy!

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: December 30, 2011, 09:51:31 pm »
Bellamy and stevie will get the headlines tommorrow but a special mention for wee jay and skrtl thought they were both fantastic and hardly did anything wrong.
On a side note how that ref didnt Send cabaye off for that horrible challenge on jay il never know, standard of refereeing is really shit!!!
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #133 on: December 30, 2011, 09:51:43 pm »
Bellamy, Gerrard, Downing, Skrtel, Enrique, all absolutely boss.

Made up with the win. So made up.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: December 30, 2011, 09:51:44 pm »
A great all round performance.

We controlled possession in the first half but were a bit toothless. Bellamy & Downing the two showing a bit. Then on comes Gerrard and everything clicks. Bellamy looks better, the midfield looks better and the big Geordie looks better.

If we get a fit Gerrard for the rest of the season where gonna clatter some teams. 
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline MikaelLFC

• King of the Stream
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wir glauben, Jürgen
« Reply #135 on: December 30, 2011, 09:51:46 pm »
That slow motion replay of Gerrard and Kenny celebrating together made my fucking year.
Get in.

Loved that as well!

Offline L.Suarez

• Kopite
  • When there snow hope, support.
« Reply #136 on: December 30, 2011, 09:52:03 pm »
Downing should be dropped, Gerrard made more successful crosses for 20 min then him for the whole season. Well done Stevie, an injection from optimism with his return wish him to stay fit for long.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 09:53:37 pm by L.Suarez »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: December 30, 2011, 09:52:18 pm »
2 actually. And he hit the bar with one.

He should have scored with both of them.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #138 on: December 30, 2011, 09:52:18 pm »
Feels great that we finally remembered how to score and win. I think the league needs to spend more time investigating and punishing shithouse challenges like Cabaye on Spearing and Coloccini's elbow, rather than suspending players for petty slaps to the face and middle fingers directed towards the crowd.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: December 30, 2011, 09:52:19 pm »
Taylor & Cabaye 100% no doubt and maybe even Colocini for the elbow? (though I'd be inclined to say it was accidental at this stage).

Definitely all three.  Taylor for a couple of cynical fouls and Cabaye for that terrible tackle on Spearing and given Spearing went off for much lesser it irks me a little.  And Coloccini clearly swung his elbow there.  Should have walked as well. 
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #140 on: December 30, 2011, 09:52:20 pm »

On a side note how that ref didnt Send cabaye off for that horrible challenge on jay il never know, standard of refereeing is really shit!!!

indeed...absolute shocker that...and as usual hardly commented on by the Sky muppets
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline barald

• Main Stander
« Reply #141 on: December 30, 2011, 09:52:24 pm »
Spearing man of the match today.
How many test wickets have you got?

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
« Reply #142 on: December 30, 2011, 09:52:34 pm »
Waheyyyy

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #143 on: December 30, 2011, 09:52:35 pm »
Thanks to the comms team. What a lovely win. Everything looks good. Newcastle had two despicable fouls that should have been reds, but what can you expect from the FA and their refs. Still, just what we needed after that nightmare of Blackburn.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline OrangeMochaFraps

• Legacy Fan
  • Interesting. No, wait, the other thing: tedious.
« Reply #144 on: December 30, 2011, 09:52:37 pm »
That felt fucking great.

Offline unusg

• heron
  • Kopite
  • first is first. second is nowhere !!
« Reply #145 on: December 30, 2011, 09:52:42 pm »
Carroll needs a run of games to feel a part of the team and get his confidence up with gerrard providing the delivery. He has no excuse really if suarez gets any kind of ban as he will play and front up now

Offline Gazza-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: December 30, 2011, 09:53:15 pm »
Quality game played really well, defence as normal was absolutely quality. Gerrard was outstanding. Only downsides were Downing and the referee that challenge on Spearing was horrendous.

Offline Stevie93

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: December 30, 2011, 09:53:20 pm »
Lack of confidence.

A confident Carroll controls that, simple as.

Hope so mate. But it wasn't just that chance, it's his touch in general. I'm praying he can score a couple of goals to gain the confidence to express himself more on the pitch.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: December 30, 2011, 09:53:21 pm »
indeed...absolute shocker that...and as usual hardly commented on by the Sky muppets

Alan Parry I think it was termed the challenge cowardly and did say that tackles like those had to be rooted out of the game and not the ones like the tackle Spearing was sent off for.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: December 30, 2011, 09:53:36 pm »
That Cabaye tackle was absolutely fucking cowardly. Hopefully he has a nice lengthy spell on the sidelines as I don't think anyone really picked up on it, too busy checking to see if Henderson's hair was alright after his little bump with Tiote.

As for us, another game we controlled without ever looking like taking the three points. Until one Steven Gerrard strode onto the pitch. Roamed across the midfield linking defence with attack, fired in laser crosses for big Andy to attack, and ghosted into the box and slots one in from a tight angle cool as you like. Just a brilliant player, and I can't wait to see numbers 7 & 8 on the pitch together, with a confident number 9 getting the supply he needs.

Our back four was solid as ever, Skrtel in particular kept Ba on a tight leash. Downing keeps building on his solid performances, another game where you could see his confidence grow as he took on his man, and whipped in crosses, rather than stopping, turning around and passing backwards. Jay was tidy in the middle, and I'm relieved he didn't get his leg broken by that coward Cabaye, he deserves a bit of good fortune. Bellamy, fantastic out wide and deadly over the dead ball, would love to see him play some part against City.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: December 30, 2011, 09:53:41 pm »
So happy for the win.  Started off sluggish and obviously needed that goal to kick us into gear.  A little consistency by the refs would be nice.  Seems like if we had committed some of the challenges on the pitch that they had, we would've been down to 8 or 9 men.

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: December 30, 2011, 09:53:53 pm »
Not only is it great to have Gerrard back for his own brilliance, but I think we look far more in control and have much more fluidity in our game without Adam in the midfield.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #152 on: December 30, 2011, 09:54:15 pm »
Boss.

Love you, Stevie.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: December 30, 2011, 09:54:16 pm »
Carroll looks a much greater threat with Gerrard on the pitch but still should've done better.  Prospect of losing Suarez doesn't seem just as bad with Gerrard back.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: December 30, 2011, 09:54:18 pm »
Hope so mate. But it wasn't just that chance, it's his touch in general. I'm praying he can score a couple of goals to gain the confidence to express himself more on the pitch.

When he got decent service for a change from Gerrard, he looked a threat mate.

It'll come in time, especially if he keeps getting service like that.

Don't think his touch was to bad, especially when he was trying to hold the ball up, managed to wriggle his way out and find a pass.

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: December 30, 2011, 09:54:25 pm »
Bellamy and stevie will get the headlines tommorrow but a special mention for wee jay and skrtl thought they were both fantastic and hardly did anything wrong.

or indeed the c*nt who elbowed bellamy so hard he had to come off for stitches

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #156 on: December 30, 2011, 09:54:35 pm »
Downing should be dropped
Yeah, lets start dropping players when they're hitting some sort of form.
AHA!

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: December 30, 2011, 09:54:36 pm »
Very good performance. Obviously Gerrard and Bellamy are getting most of the praise, and rightly so. But I think special praise should be reserved for both Jay Spearing and Martin Skrtel.

With each performance Spearing continues to prove me wrong. I never thought he could perform to this level.

And Martin Skrtel was fantastic once again.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: December 30, 2011, 09:54:36 pm »
Lack of confidence.

A confident Carroll footballer controls that, simple as.
Corrected that for you

Offline Jay012345

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • How many topics?
« Reply #159 on: December 30, 2011, 09:54:41 pm »
What the hell happened to henderson when gerrard came on? absolute class!