Author Topic: David Bowie Has Died - RIP Starman  (Read 31011 times)

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
Re: David Bowie Has Died - RIP Starman
« Reply #240 on: January 13, 2016, 01:20:14 pm »
Bowie Blackstar

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/kszLwBaC4Sw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/kszLwBaC4Sw</a>

Presley Black Star

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/h0Jkv1cs6PE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/h0Jkv1cs6PE</a>

Online HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: January 13, 2016, 01:54:40 pm »
Presley Black Star
<a href="https://youtube.com/v/h0Jkv1cs6PE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/h0Jkv1cs6PE</a>

Thank you for posting that. Never heard that and it's beautiful. How blessed we are to have had such amazing stars!
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #242 on: January 13, 2016, 02:13:26 pm »
Could it be just coincidence? Either way it's magical.

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: January 13, 2016, 02:23:58 pm »
That Bowie Blackstar song and video is incredible stuff.

Its almost like his death is the final layer that brings it all together - the same with Lazarus.

He always had a wicked sense of humour, and its nice to think that he was playing with us right til the end.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #244 on: January 13, 2016, 02:25:43 pm »
Could it be just coincidence? Either way it's magical.

They shared the same birthday, it's unlikely to be a coincidence with David Bowie!

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #245 on: January 13, 2016, 02:29:35 pm »
They shared the same birthday, it's unlikely to be a coincidence with David Bowie!
I share a birthday with Iggy Pop and Robert Smith! Just a coincidence.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: January 13, 2016, 04:26:22 pm »
I'm interested in whether anyone under the age of (say) 30 thinks that their generation has someone who they will remember having as big an influence on their youth as my generation has had with Bowie?  My assumption is 'no', but then I suspect that my parents' generation underestimated the impact that the likes of Bowie were having on my generation. 

Thoughts from any of the younger crowd?  Is there a Bowie for your generation? 
I'm 23 and I don't think so, nowhere close really.

I think in the UK in terms of rock and roll music in the last decade or so you're only looking at the likes of The Libertines and the Arctic Monkeys as being the big influences, and the Libertines only made two albums and the Arctics will only have one that goes down as a truly great album. I suppose in years to come the way they grew via the internet will go down as a big thing. In other types of music I guess you'd have Beyonce, Kanye West who have been mega stars in their own right but nowhere near the legends like Bowie, Lennon, McCartney, Presley etc.

The way music has gone I doubt there will be another Bowie or anyone like him, I'm not convinced that there's been a single band or artist that has genuinely affected popular culture in the way he and those other legends did, in terms of actually affecting people's attitudes and fashion since the early-mid 90's with Nirvana and Oasis. Undoubtedly there's great bands out there but in my mind there's been no real cultural movements where you can look to music as the backdrop since then.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 04:28:57 pm by alonsoisared »

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: January 13, 2016, 05:01:30 pm »
Undoubtedly there's great bands out there but in my mind there's been no real cultural movements where you can look to music as the backdrop since then.

Completely agree.  The one exception possibly being rap - I suspect that there is a subset of society that would see Tupac as their Bowie, although over a much shorter space of time. 

Offline Mal

• adjusted. The Preston Heston is Aylesbury Ducked. Accepts rubbers from any Dick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: January 13, 2016, 07:34:25 pm »
Bowie Blackstar

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/kszLwBaC4Sw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/kszLwBaC4Sw</a>

Presley Black Star

Oy...!
@ManifoldReasons

Offline Mal

• adjusted. The Preston Heston is Aylesbury Ducked. Accepts rubbers from any Dick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: January 13, 2016, 07:43:04 pm »
Item Marked as Dispatched.. Shipped: Blackstar - David Bowie Vinyl LP.

Phew. Fingers crossed it comes.

So I've just heard Bowie is dead, and I've uploaded Blackstar on Spotify to take in the car with me on the way to work. It's dark, it's a bit wet (like every fucking day), and I'm thinking, he knew. Look at that album cover man - he knew. And nobody else did. That would be so Bowie... SO fucking Bowie. A day and a half later, I'm thinking it's one of the great deaths. If it was a fairly decent album, it would be a great death, but it's a fantastic album. I'm very jealous of anyone who listened to the album before his death tho. Did you wonder, those that did?

'Lazarus' started on my way in to work at some point. I stayed in the car park for the end. It's still dark, it's still wet. Yeah, he knew. It's fucking brilliant David. I was just delighted that he signed off like this - it's perfect. I stayed for 'Sue'. 'Sue' is magnificent. Those almost Steve Albini guitars and that soft as silk sax. My speakers are not loud enough. Then I turned it off. Work head. I didn't want to work, I wanted to listen to Bowie.

Occasionally, during lunch, I can get on a computer. I wanted to buy the album. Surely Rough Trade have it. Website was sloooow. Sold Out. Rough Trade had (and may well still have) a nice touch going where all monies accrued thru Bowie purchases goes to cancer research uk. So now I was doubly annoyed. I searched a bit more, all sold out. Ebay seemed to be going like the clappers. Bought one from America - that's why I have my fingers crossed (have bought from USA before mind). Free postage (?!) £25 roughly. At the time I bought it, 13 had been sold - now 350 have. I have my fingers crossed. I want that album.

I have four Bowie albums, Hunky Dory, Ziggy Stardust, Low and Heroes. I'm going thru his entire back catalogue on Spotify, from beginning to end, as I'm sure are thousands of others. Have had some moments. Dancing with my 5 year old son was memorable. I was describing him and what had happened, and he asked, 'of cancer?'. Am up to Aladdin Sane.

There were a number of moments where volume notch 11 have been required, but 'Life on Mars' needed a 12. So so many thoughts come into your mind about Bowie - impossible to write it all down.

Went searching for one particular pic I used to love of Bowie with Andy Warhol and someone else, but can't find it... found a good one tho that I hadn't seen:

.. and one that we all have:

Lovely emotive stuff Rob.

And that final photo, who'd have thought that Iggy would be last man standing.

I still can't really cope.

On Friday I was delighted with an album decidedly different to the next day, wondering what direction we'd get next.

Then, just as we're hoping that this new output continues to bewitch & bewilder us, to take us somewhere interesting, there is no new direction.

No next Bowie album.

And I feel incredibly sad.

And still unable to comprehend the stunt he just pulled.
@ManifoldReasons

Offline trinityroad

• Main Stander
« Reply #250 on: January 14, 2016, 02:11:17 am »
Item Marked as Dispatched.. Shipped: Blackstar - David Bowie Vinyl LP.

Phew. Fingers crossed it comes.

So I've just heard Bowie is dead, and I've uploaded Blackstar on Spotify to take in the car with me on the way to work. It's dark, it's a bit wet (like every fucking day), and I'm thinking, he knew. Look at that album cover man - he knew. And nobody else did. That would be so Bowie... SO fucking Bowie. A day and a half later, I'm thinking it's one of the great deaths. If it was a fairly decent album, it would be a great death, but it's a fantastic album. I'm very jealous of anyone who listened to the album before his death tho. Did you wonder, those that did?

No. I ordered it on CD on Thursday night because Amazon has an AutoRip service where you get the download as soon as it's officially released as well as the CD posted out.

I listened to it all weekend and didn't suspect anything. Bowie was always good at playing characters and unless you're looking for it specifically the lyrics can be interpreted differently by different people.

I even had a discussion with a user on YouTube who commented on Friday that he thought the video for Lazarus was his way of saying goodbye as he knew he was dying. I asked him how he knew that.

When he died the penny dropped on all the stuff I'd heard on the album and on the video. I did think he looked very old in the promotional photos and music videos. The first song that I realised what he meant exactly was Dollar Days. "If I'll never see the English evergreens I'm running to, it's nothing to me" - that to me says he is talking about heaven and if there is no afterlife, he doesn't really need it anyway. "I can't give everything away" it's pretty obvious what he meant by this now.

I don't know exactly why he called the album Blackstar - whether it is after the constellation Cancer (it has been referred to as the Dark Sign and described as black with no eyes - no eyes like in Bowie's two music videos from Black star), whether it's a reference to a type of cancer lesion or whether it's a reference to the Elvis Presley song, Black Star: "Every man has a black star, a black star over his shoulder, and when a man sees his black star, he knows his time has come".

Whatever it is, it's one last piece of genius by Bowie.

Also to the poster above, I wouldn't rule out another Bowie album or at least a re released Blackstar ala The Next Day - there is more music he wrote for the album that didn't make the final project.

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: January 15, 2016, 03:34:24 pm »
No. I ordered it on CD on Thursday night because Amazon has an AutoRip service where you get the download as soon as it's officially released as well as the CD posted out.

I listened to it all weekend and didn't suspect anything. Bowie was always good at playing characters and unless you're looking for it specifically the lyrics can be interpreted differently by different people.

I even had a discussion with a user on YouTube who commented on Friday that he thought the video for Lazarus was his way of saying goodbye as he knew he was dying. I asked him how he knew that.

When he died the penny dropped on all the stuff I'd heard on the album and on the video. I did think he looked very old in the promotional photos and music videos. The first song that I realised what he meant exactly was Dollar Days. "If I'll never see the English evergreens I'm running to, it's nothing to me" - that to me says he is talking about heaven and if there is no afterlife, he doesn't really need it anyway. "I can't give everything away" it's pretty obvious what he meant by this now.

I don't know exactly why he called the album Blackstar - whether it is after the constellation Cancer (it has been referred to as the Dark Sign and described as black with no eyes - no eyes like in Bowie's two music videos from Black star), whether it's a reference to a type of cancer lesion or whether it's a reference to the Elvis Presley song, Black Star: "Every man has a black star, a black star over his shoulder, and when a man sees his black star, he knows his time has come".

Whatever it is, it's one last piece of genius by Bowie.

Also to the poster above, I wouldn't rule out another Bowie album or at least a re released Blackstar ala The Next Day - there is more music he wrote for the album that didn't make the final project.

I was the same. I listened to it all day on Friday and pretty much all over the weekend. With Bowie,  I usually scour the lyrics and try and work out what's it about. Had no idea. Not even Lazarus (I'd read that it was the title track for his off-Broadway musical, so I just presumed he was writing about the character and not himself).

Listening to it on the Monday, it obviously gives it a whole different meaning. The video for Lazarus is about the most explicit statement you can give, especially that bit at the end when he walks into the (very grave-like) wardrobe. And, god, I Can't Give Everything Away even starts with the line "I know something's very wrong". But, somehow, it didn't click beforehand. Probably because I could never ever imagine David Bowie being dead.

Offline MichaelA

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #252 on: January 15, 2016, 03:50:09 pm »
I could never ever imagine David Bowie being dead.

It's hard work. Nicky Campbell said 'David Bowie has died' just before the headlines at 7am on Monday. Out loud I said 'that can't be right'. My wife replied 'what can't be right?' And I said, 'Nicky Campbell just said that David Bowie has died, but that can't be right'. And then he said it again, voice cracking with emotion. The news guy wept and told us. I went and wept in the shower.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #253 on: January 15, 2016, 04:44:05 pm »
It's hard work. Nicky Campbell said 'David Bowie has died' just before the headlines at 7am on Monday. Out loud I said 'that can't be right'. My wife replied 'what can't be right?' And I said, 'Nicky Campbell just said that David Bowie has died, but that can't be right'. And then he said it again, voice cracking with emotion. The news guy wept and told us. I went and wept in the shower.
Really worth having a listen back to Lauren Laverne, some of the messages and texts sent in are beautiful. Not a dry eye in the house.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #254 on: January 15, 2016, 09:29:26 pm »
So, best Bowie songs? Let`s say 20 best? Including perhaps hidden gems/underrated ones?

Offline MichaelA

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #255 on: January 15, 2016, 09:46:05 pm »
There's another thread on the media board covering the music :wave

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #256 on: January 16, 2016, 04:35:46 am »
Great tribute night in the Baltic Social last night...absolutely heaving. Bowie disco, with a few other non Bowie classics thrown in for good measure, i.e Bolan, The Smiths, Queen, Iggy Pop etc.

Fantastic night, people of all ages, dress sense etc etc...just as you would expect at a Bowie night!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #257 on: January 17, 2016, 06:01:18 am »
Arcade Fire & Pres Hall’s David Bowie parade in New Orleans

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Nadg-VRznFg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Nadg-VRznFg</a>
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #258 on: January 17, 2016, 07:18:24 am »
I was mildly saddened by his death. Weird that he'd gone, but no big deal.

Woke up just now, crying in a dream where I was at a concert with him singing Loving the Alien.

Can't get that lyric out of my head: "And prayers will split the sky in two, Believing the strangest things, Loving the Alien" which brought up all my sadness at Paris, Hebdo and around the world, with over a thousand years of religious extremism and Bowie citing God as an alien.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: January 17, 2016, 11:14:39 am »
Love that song McrRed.

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #260 on: January 17, 2016, 06:18:02 pm »

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #261 on: January 17, 2016, 06:34:24 pm »
The Jarvis Cocker show on 6 Music today was the best Bowie tribute prog ive heard thus far....a various mix of rarities and interview clips...some real gems including an unplugged demo of Lady Stardust that's actually better than the version that ended up on the album....forget the game and have a listen

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06whnv6
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #262 on: January 18, 2016, 11:59:27 am »
The Jarvis Cocker show on 6 Music today was the best Bowie tribute prog ive heard thus far....a various mix of rarities and interview clips...some real gems including an unplugged demo of Lady Stardust that's actually better than the version that ended up on the album....forget the game and have a listen

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06whnv6

Was amazing.

I can't find the Glasto gig from 2000 but positive that 6 music played it

Can anyone help?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #263 on: January 18, 2016, 09:13:54 pm »
Found the Glasto gig and want to record it now.

It is amazing.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: January 20, 2016, 05:42:04 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/BjobWguWIRk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/BjobWguWIRk</a>
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #265 on: February 8, 2016, 06:38:00 pm »
Still reeling from this.

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #266 on: February 8, 2016, 11:53:16 pm »
Henry Rollins will be doing a 2-hour Bowie show on Feb. 28th on KCRW.com.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #267 on: February 25, 2016, 11:32:30 am »
Really nice tribute at the brits last night

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zGWv4-i8OtU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zGWv4-i8OtU</a>

Online HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: February 25, 2016, 12:20:32 pm »
Maybe I'm just too set in my ways. I have never heard of Lorde, strong singer but am I being over critical to say she sounded like she was singing it an octave down and way too much sibilance, making the song rather dull. He is not here anymore and perhaps I am not accepting anyone in his place, so forgive me.
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #269 on: February 26, 2016, 06:25:47 pm »
Maybe I'm just too set in my ways. I have never heard of Lorde, strong singer but am I being over critical to say she sounded like she was singing it an octave down and way too much sibilance, making the song rather dull. He is not here anymore and perhaps I am not accepting anyone in his place, so forgive me.

In all honesty, I would have preferred Annie Lennox to sing it if they were going to get anyone. But I understand how they wanted to show how his influence still resonates with the next generation of music, so I was okay with Lorde. I thought it was a much better tribute than Lady Gaga at the Grammys, who barreled through a montage of songs, none of them very well.

I think he had such a unique voice that it's hard to hear anyone sing his songs. We expect a very specific sound that no one can replicate.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #270 on: July 29, 2016, 07:58:12 pm »
Incredible show on BBC 6 Music right now.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #271 on: July 30, 2016, 01:31:56 am »
Incredible show on BBC 6 Music right now.
Watching it on BBC 4 John Cale bloody hell ha ha
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Online LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: July 30, 2016, 09:33:23 am »
That Bowie at the Proms thing on BBC4 last night was just fucking stunning. Did him proud.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #273 on: July 30, 2016, 12:51:13 pm »
That Bowie at the Proms thing on BBC4 last night was just fucking stunning. Did him proud.

Thought Neil Hannan and Paul Buchanan stood out, Marc Almond tried hard but he's never had a strong force.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: July 30, 2016, 07:47:05 pm »
Thought Neil Hannan and Paul Buchanan stood out, Marc Almond tried hard but he's never had a strong force.

Paul Buchanan was stunning as was Anna Calvi in every way, John Cale doing his Ena Sharples tribute was so funny.

The real stars were those musicians playing, singing dancing they did the lot.

Have to agree about Marc Almond (who is a singer i have always rated) but he appeared lost at times last night.

I recorded it as well so can watch it again and again, worth it just for that version of Blackstar,
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: July 30, 2016, 09:31:23 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vA_OkCgXX7I" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vA_OkCgXX7I</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rC1qH033g2w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rC1qH033g2w</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-0tBXbHWHxs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-0tBXbHWHxs</a>

I think Almond's mistake was that he was trying too hard to sing like Bowie singing Starman.  I don't think he's deserving of some of the harsher comments I've read elsewhere.

In any case I found this as I was trawling the results.  Think people might like it, assuming it's not already been shared.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/TacjMOv6Xwo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/TacjMOv6Xwo</a>
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 09:36:37 pm by Red Beret »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #276 on: July 31, 2016, 04:52:40 am »
Jesus Alman's being crucified in those comments. Bit harsh I thought it was OK. He's a bit flat in places...well OK maybe even a tone off but still the musical arrangement was fantastic. I saw in the comments someone said they did Life On Mars too? I can't find it any link mate?

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: July 31, 2016, 08:20:17 am »
Jesus Alman's being crucified in those comments. Bit harsh I thought it was OK. He's a bit flat in places...well OK maybe even a tone off but still the musical arrangement was fantastic. I saw in the comments someone said they did Life On Mars too? I can't find it any link mate?

He did Life on Mars about 30 minutes in I think try catch up or the BBC player to find it.,

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #278 on: July 31, 2016, 08:46:00 am »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0430hkx
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #279 on: July 31, 2016, 04:40:56 pm »
Every time this thread gets bumped, it breaks my heart.
Oh, these sour times.