Author Topic: Well we've all wanted to haven't we  (Read 3553 times)

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
Well we've all wanted to haven't we
« on: July 23, 2006, 09:34:41 pm »
EXCLUSIVE BOY BAND CHRIS: HAPPY SLAPPERS BLACKED BOTH MY EYES
EXCLUSIVE Mobile phone thugs ambush heart-throb
By Nick Owens

BOY band heart-throb Chris Park told last night how he was left bruised and battered in a brutal "happyslap" attack.

Chris, 24, a member of Phixx - who have had four Top 20 hits including Hold On Me - was pounced on by three thugs as he walked home from a night out.

He was left with two black eyes, as well as a bruised face and body after the unprovoked beating.

Despite his injuries, singer Chris - who tried to defend himself using cage-fighting skills he had learned for a new TV stunt show - said he felt "really lucky" that the attack was not worse.

His ordeal unfolded as he returned home in the early hours from a night out with pals in his home city of Newcastle. He was attacked by one thug and, as he fought back, two others joined in.

One of the hoody-wearing trio, who were in their late-teens or early-20s, recorded the attack with a mobile phone, which the yob then used to attack the singer.

Advertisement

Chris, who had been visiting his mum in Gosforth, said: "I just thought, 'Why me?' It was so random and pointless - it shows everyone has to be careful. It can happen to anyone, anywhere. It was late but I was walking in a nice area.

"Friends have said I should have just taken the punch, but it is my nature to fight back. Now I realise I was really lucky, as they could have been carrying weapons."

Chris has been working with kickboxers for Sprung, based on cult US show Jackass, which will see him take on cage-fighter Tony Thompson in a number of wacky dares.

He said: "Because of the training I was able to defend myself. When the first guy hit me, I hit him back and he fell to the ground.

"But then another person appeared from out of the dark and cracked me in the back of the head.

"I saw this other guy come out of the dark with a mobile. He hit me across the head with it. That's when I started feeling really dizzy.

"I was pushed against a wall and just tried to cover myself. The guy on the floor had joined in - so it was damage limitation from there."

Chris went to hospital for treatment, but decided not to report the attack to police, fearing he could get into trouble for hitting back.

He added: "But I decided to speak about it because something needs to be done about happy slapping. People think it's funny - it is not."

Later this year he will head to China for a tour with Phixx, who formed in 2003 following the ITV show Popstars: The Rivals, hosted by Davina McCall.

------------------------------

despite the flippancy of the title of this thread i think it's a sad indictment on society and it's seemingly snowballing lack of respect and human decency. is there anyone on here willing to admit they've participated in a happy slapping incident? infact lets not sugar coat it here, 'cowardly thuggery' is a better name, whoever thought of the term happy slapping, deserves a slap as it dilutes the seriousness of the crime. why not use a term such as 'ultraviolence'? cos it's all very reminiscent of kubricks clockwork orange.

Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline ScouserTommy37

• Steve Biko, Aung San Suu Kyi, Nelson Mandela and now ScouserTommy37. Stop the repression!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Will there ever be a Rainbow ?
Re: Well we've all wanted to haven't we
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 09:36:40 pm »
Who ?
Come on RAWK lets ave it and you can bring your fuckin dinner as well.

http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/ <-- Read this JFT96

MICHAEL SHIELDS YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!

"If Jamie Carragher were Italian, we'd build entire dynasties around him." Corriere della Sera

Offline gerrardspetal

• Rabid psycho nut harvester with no idea - but she did have some points
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 09:38:07 pm »
who the hell is Phixx???  god i must be getting old!!!
“You could say it’s not about being local, but about being vocal.
Kristian is a idiot.  A bad idiot.  Also a virgin.

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline Bob Kurac

• Cares.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Modern football is shit
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 09:48:28 pm »
the unprovoked beating.

Incredibly subjective reporting. Allegedly.

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 10:09:10 pm »
Incredibly subjective reporting. Allegedly.

c'mon being member of a boyband isn't licence to kick their head in is it?
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline gerrardspetal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 10:17:09 pm »
Indeed not, seen some horrific things happ'ning with this 'happy slapping' business. There was a programme about it on t.v. 

Did anyone else see this, was on a while ago now and can't remember what it was called?

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2006, 10:22:40 pm »
Wheres the link to the video?

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2006, 10:30:19 pm »
I've met some happy slappers
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Bob Kurac

• Cares.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Modern football is shit
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2006, 10:58:07 pm »
c'mon being member of a boyband isn't licence to kick their head in is it?

Who said it was? But "apparently unprovoked" would be a bit less judgemental

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2006, 11:02:13 pm »
Who said it was? But "apparently unprovoked" would be a bit less judgemental

i know what you meant, was just jestin' hence phrasing it as a question

Offline jesslfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2006, 11:14:57 pm »
who the hell is Phixx???  god i must be getting old!!!

Some shite boy band. You havn't missed out on anything believe me.

Happy slapping is an evil way for people to get there kicks, can't understand why people do it.

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2006, 11:29:15 pm »
Irrespective of them being remotely well known and whether there was any provocation, its violence and should be treated as such. I agree that calling it Happy Slapping demeans the basic fact that some twats think it appropriate to hit someone.
Yep.

Offline themule

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2006, 11:43:49 pm »

Despite his injuries, singer Chris - who tried to defend himself using cage-fighting skills he had learned for a new TV stunt show - said he felt "really lucky" that the attack was not worse.

As sad a state of affairs things are when we have happy slapping, that just sounds hilarious.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2006, 12:28:58 am »
I know this may sound a tad nasty, but hopefully one day someone who 'happy-slaps' a person (be it the 'slapper' or the person recording it) gets a severe shit kicking - coma, life support, even death. Then hopefully the little parasites will realise what they are doing.

Offline morestellata

• Legacy Fan
  • fiends,romans and fuck off everton!!
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2006, 10:06:55 am »
Saw a happy slapping where the slapper gets decked by a scouse kid (lacoste trackie job). Funny as fuck.Would be great if all these so called happy slappings ended the same way with the slapper getting twatted back with interest.
1st IS 1st, 2nd IS NOWHERE.
NEVER FORGET NEVER FORGIVE.
NEVER BUY THE SUN.
JUSTICE WILL BE DONE.

Offline Mavis Cruet

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Welsh Wool
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2006, 11:01:35 am »
Some older boys tried to happy slap my 12 year old son and his mates while they were walking home from school. Happy slappers bit off more than they could chew with my kid, he's only 12 but he's 5 foot 8 and built like a brick outhouse. One of them tried to chuck him in the river but he ended up being punched to the ground by my (normally kind and gentle) son and had the shit beaten out of him. There's one video that didn't get passed around. :D

Offline The Fletcher Memorial

• Feels mildly violat.................. ed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reality is hard to find
The sky does not know of east or of west;
it is in the minds of men where such distinctions are made, and then they believe them to be true.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2006, 11:17:58 am »

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2006, 11:49:37 am »
surely you meant this one as i dont think a fella being hit by a car is that funny meself

he deserved it though - one of the comments on the youtube site was spot-on - of he'd caused that kind of damage to the cyclist then they wouldnt have reacted with that concern, although they were 'kind' enough to put this on the internet

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2006, 11:49:53 am »
surely you meant this one as i dont think a fella being hit by a car is that funny meself http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8g4FNV6o5Q

Thats a set up, obviously.

The kid who falls out the car hits a parked car, so it's not as bad as it looks.
it is in the minds of men where such distinctions are made, and then they believe them to be true.

Offline gerrardspetal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow

@gerrardspetal - twitter

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2006, 12:51:21 pm »
wouldnt cheer me up niether  :(

Oh for gods sake!

Offline gerrardspetal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2006, 12:54:15 pm »

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline pascoli

• Shit Googler & Easily Amused Bar Steward...
  • Legacy Fan
  • PER ARDUA AD ASTRA
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2006, 01:02:13 pm »
Certainly cheered me up. Some fucker leans out of his car to "happy slap" an unsuspecting cyclist. Misses his slap and falls from the car whacking himself face first into a parked car!

The only thing missing is the car he hit travellin at 60+ in the opposite direction.

Got everythin he deserved
INTERNET TERRORIST. AND PROUD TOO.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2006, 01:10:45 pm »
call me cynical, but this reads very much like manipulated p.r.

three hoodies, representative deviants, set upon one innocent boy-band boy, someone who might perhaps benefit from a public, yet unseen, demonstration of his masculinity.

his "special skills," learned while working on another sad project in need of publicity, help to protect him, and allowed him to "knock down" his initial assailant; before he was cruelly set upon by "two more."

three against one, he heroically survived the brutal assault.  apparently.

didn't report it to the police, though.  didn't want to get in trouble.

but, with a little publicity ahead of next year's tour in the offing, he spoke out.

perhaps it was an unprovoked assault; or perhaps Mr. Boy-Band was messing with someone with whom he should not have been, got a twatting as a result, and concocted a cleverly manipulated explanation secure in the belief that disproving his version of events would be difficult if not impossible.

Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2006, 01:34:26 pm »
call me cynical, but this reads very much like manipulated p.r.

three hoodies, representative deviants, set upon one innocent boy-band boy, someone who might perhaps benefit from a public, yet unseen, demonstration of his masculinity.

his "special skills," learned while working on another sad project in need of publicity, help to protect him, and allowed him to "knock down" his initial assailant; before he was cruelly set upon by "two more."

three against one, he heroically survived the brutal assault.  apparently.

didn't report it to the police, though.  didn't want to get in trouble.

but, with a little publicity ahead of next year's tour in the offing, he spoke out.

perhaps it was an unprovoked assault; or perhaps Mr. Boy-Band was messing with someone with whom he should not have been, got a twatting as a result, and concocted a cleverly manipulated explanation secure in the belief that disproving his version of events would be difficult if not impossible.

It had a photo of his face in the actual paper, cracking make up artists if is a PR stunt

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2006, 02:39:38 pm »
It had a photo of his face in the actual paper, cracking make up artists if is a PR stunt

fair enough, couldn't see the actual paper for rather obvious reasons...

however, could have gotten beaten up for reasons other than merely walking home all innocent and boy-bandy.

could have been one person as well, rather than three.

could have started it himself, too.

the point i was trying to make was that the "reporting" in the paper really is nothing of the sort, it's rather a presentation of what Timber-wannabe says happened.

despite the photographic evidence, i'm still unwilling to accept the account of events as presented.  it's classic scripting: three against one, social misfits versus the boy Mum wishes you would bring home, gutter scum versus upwardly mobile nouveau riche go-getter, Dudley Do Right attacked on a visit to Mum, etc.

the whole thing is all a little bit too neat in its appeal to the Mirror's readers...

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2006, 02:41:25 pm »
Can I ask Bill, do you have this happy slapping problem in the states or is it isolated to the UK?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2006, 02:42:11 pm »
not that i'm saying i'll swap our happy slappers for your drive-bys ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2006, 02:54:35 pm »
Can I ask Bill, do you have this happy slapping problem in the states or is it isolated to the UK?

not that i'm saying i'll swap our happy slappers for your drive-bys ;D

;D

on a more serious note, i don't have enough of a handle on the nature of happy-slapping to risk an accurate comparison.  how widespread and common a phenomenon is it? 

much has been made of problems in our public (American public, not private) schools concerning bullying of other students.  but if i understand happy slapping correctly as sort of random walk, ride or drive by violence, over here, that sort of thing is fairly rare.

bullying at places where students or teens normally meet, school, the mall, etc. is regarded as a real problem.

unfortunately, the availability of guns to "solve" such problems is not deemed worthy of examination.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2006, 02:59:04 pm »
well basically it's usually kids between 13-18 who find it funny to go up to people in small gangs on the street and just randomly beat them up, videoing it on there mobiles to watch and enjoy later

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2006, 03:39:08 pm »
hmmm, seems like the random nature of happy slapping is missing over here.

there is violence among teenagers, but, and this is of course an assumption on some fairly dated data from back when i laboured in the nation's high schools for a thankfully brief short period of time, the violence between teens in the US tends to be between those who know one another.

Offline LFC on tour

• Lawn Mower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2006, 11:50:12 pm »
Happened to me when i was in staines seing friends of the family. Little did the fucker know, i had 3 friends on the other side of the bus stop.
Oh, and the lad who got hit by the car got what he deserved.

Offline Sub

• Has a duck like a chicken
  • Legacy Fan
  • For sure.
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2006, 11:24:02 am »
That lad who got hit by the car in the face has made my day, what a twat, deserved it. Fucking hate happy slappers. Theres also a video kicking round of one where some fella turns rounds and twats the slapper, it's quality.
'Football is a lie' - Rafael Benitez.

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required

Offline Djibriliant

• Last of the Great Romantics. All-year-round-twattish-dresser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's Friday theeeeen, Saturday Sunday WHAT!?
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2006, 09:42:21 pm »
had one on my phone that was pretty local and this guy kicked the happy slappers ass
He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes. But he was genuine. He had the best interests of the club at heart, and gave us a plethora of successful teams that we should have been thankful for.

Offline Djibriliant

• Last of the Great Romantics. All-year-round-twattish-dresser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's Friday theeeeen, Saturday Sunday WHAT!?
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2006, 09:43:21 pm »
looked at that link above and thats the one, in llandudno that is, outside subway  :D
He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes. But he was genuine. He had the best interests of the club at heart, and gave us a plethora of successful teams that we should have been thankful for.

Offline gerrardspetal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2006, 09:49:41 pm »
had one on my phone that was pretty local and this guy kicked the happy slappers ass

looked at that link above and thats the one, in llandudno that is, outside subway  :D

thought it looked familiar.....hahahahaha serves him right the tool!!!!

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2006, 11:05:46 am »
I've met some happy slappers

but they weren't so happy when i left them
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.