Author Topic: PL: Everton 0 vs 0 Liverpool  (Read 42413 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: PL: Everton 0 vs 0 Liverpool
« Reply #480 on: June 21, 2020, 10:50:48 pm »
Jurgen is treating these games as a pre-season,he isn't going to push a player before he has found his limit.

I wondered if he bought him off as punishment for us being so against us furloughing staff
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #481 on: June 21, 2020, 10:51:16 pm »
I wasn't terribly surprised by the 0-0 to be honest, as it's the 3rd 0-0 in a row we've played at Goodison. And the one before that needed resolving with a 94th minute winner. Goals are a rare commodity these days in the Goodison derby.

There are positives to take away from this though, primarily defensively. Barring the Lovren nonsense, Everton didn't have much of a sniff. Richarlison, Iwobi and Calvert-Lewin were all pretty much non-existant, which Virgil winning pretty much every header that the Everton defence sent long. Matip was pretty excellent considering he'd lost his place before the Lockdown to Gomez, and the full backs were untroubled defensively, although a little bit blunt going forward.

I thought Keita was our best player tonight, which is extremely pleasing. It looked like he was always going to be the heart of any potential breakthrough. His first touch is excellent, and he danced through the Everton defence on a couple of occasions. Looked very dangerous, and I'm not entirely sure why Klopp chose to bring him off. Minamino looked alright too, with a decent work ethic and good first touch, but needs to work a little more on that final ball. I'm sure it'll come. Mane and Firmino had quiet nights by their high standards.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #482 on: June 21, 2020, 10:59:05 pm »
Kudos for Carlo, Clueless for Klopp.
Kill the humourless

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #483 on: June 21, 2020, 10:59:44 pm »
I wasn't terribly surprised by the 0-0 to be honest, as it's the 3rd 0-0 in a row we've played at Goodison. And the one before that needed resolving with a 94th minute winner. Goals are a rare commodity these days in the Goodison derby.

There are positives to take away from this though, primarily defensively. Barring the Lovren nonsense, Everton didn't have much of a sniff. Richarlison, Iwobi and Calvert-Lewin were all pretty much non-existant, which Virgil winning pretty much every header that the Everton defence sent long. Matip was pretty excellent considering he'd lost his place before the Lockdown to Gomez, and the full backs were untroubled defensively, although a little bit blunt going forward.

I thought Keita was our best player tonight, which is extremely pleasing. It looked like he was always going to be the heart of any potential breakthrough. His first touch is excellent, and he danced through the Everton defence on a couple of occasions. Looked very dangerous, and I'm not entirely sure why Klopp chose to bring him off. Minamino looked alright too, with a decent work ethic and good first touch, but needs to work a little more on that final ball. I'm sure it'll come. Mane and Firmino had quiet nights by their high standards.
At Goodison, the overriding thing for the Shite is not getting beat by us. If they do manage to nick it they'd be overjoyed, but the main focus for them these days is not getting turned over on their own ground by us.

Getting the usual mauling at Anfield is bad enough, but us taking them apart at their place these days would tip many of them over the edge. Of course, they pray for a win but, inside, they are chuffed if they just don't get beaten.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #484 on: June 21, 2020, 11:03:42 pm »
Ridiculous how we haven't beaten them at Woodison or scored a goal there during the last three seasons where we've reached 97 points in the league, won the Champions League, and will win the league itself as well.

One of these seasons in the future when we're stuck in a rut and on the back of some terrible results where we'll have dropped to 3rd or 4th place we'll probably go there and smash them 5-0 or something of the sort. Football is just like that isn't it.

Offline Teacher

• Pair Ant Even Ink
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #485 on: June 21, 2020, 11:03:57 pm »
Pretty boring in all, but hardly surprising.

Not played in about three months + no fans/atmosphere = rusty, pre-season type game.

Happy enough with a point in the end.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #486 on: June 21, 2020, 11:04:40 pm »

That was one of the most negative performances from an Everton manager and you are giving him kudos!  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #487 on: June 21, 2020, 11:05:48 pm »
Just so we’re clear, Richarlison can do one off the bloody pier - such a prick...

He leads the league in foot indentations (including foot in mouth disease)
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #488 on: June 21, 2020, 11:09:29 pm »
That was one of the most negative performances from an Everton manager and you are giving him kudos!  ;D

It's just what he does against Liverpool. He could manage peak Barcelona from 2008-2010 and would set up to stifle us with Messi at LB. I don't know what his thing with us is.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #489 on: June 21, 2020, 11:12:00 pm »
It's just what he does against Liverpool. He could manage peak Barcelona from 2008-2010 and would set up to stifle us with Messi at LB. I don't know what his thing with us is.

I'm not convinced he is going to do much with them to be honest, but happily that is not our problem. One point nearer to our target anyway, let them have their little celebration.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: June 21, 2020, 11:12:37 pm »
We really embarrassed him once. I doubt he'd forget that. He knows what we can do.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #491 on: June 21, 2020, 11:13:06 pm »
If this isn’t some kind of satire, you’re, well, odd.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #492 on: June 21, 2020, 11:16:25 pm »
Just out of interest, what do you mean when you say Carragher lives in an Everton stronghold?

I should have said ‘from’ - meaning Bootle. Fact is, I don’t know where he lives now.

My point anyway is that he seems to take extreme care not to offend bluenoses. Same with Macca too incidentally.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #493 on: June 21, 2020, 11:17:49 pm »
I thought Minamino did alright. He actually won the ball back off Gomes for our first chance of the game when Bobby had the shot (which he should of played for Keita btw)

He plays in those spaces similar to Bobby but we were just too narrow tonight anyway and Ancelotti regularly seems to do a number on Klopp teams. I'm not worried because we are about to win the league (though i just want it over now admittedly) but if the African Cup of nations are back in January we are totally fucked and theres no two ways about that. We need direct runners in a similar vein and we just don't have them.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #494 on: June 21, 2020, 11:19:47 pm »
He’s had limited game time as it is, we’ve just had a 3 month break, and he hasn’t been used in his main position.

You have to be a depressing fuck to pick holes at him at this stage.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #495 on: June 21, 2020, 11:24:23 pm »
Is this a wind up?

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: June 21, 2020, 11:27:45 pm »
I should have said ‘from’ - meaning Bootle. Fact is, I don’t know where he lives now.

My point anyway is that he seems to take extreme care not to offend bluenoses. Same with Macca too incidentally.
Thanks for the reply.

I only asked because I know he came from a blue family, but Bootle is no blue stronghold. In fact, I don't know a single part of the city and surrounding suburbs that is. I assumed you meant his family and mates when younger rather than geography.

He lives in Blundellsands these days. That's not blue either.

I agree about him and Mcmanaman being kinder to Everton than they deserve, though. It's a bit odd really. Mind you, both know from experience how horrible that lot can be. Maybe diplomacy minimises the grief.

The Echo are the same. They tread on eggshells and give Everton far more coverage than they merit, in the name of fairness. If they didn't, the outrage and offence taken would be off the scale. They really do have hair-trigger sensitivity when it comes to taking offence. Ironic really.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #497 on: June 21, 2020, 11:38:41 pm »
Is this a wind up?

It's so hard to tell these days.

If it's serious - then it's embarrassing.

If it's a wind-up...it's kind of stupid.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #498 on: June 21, 2020, 11:46:20 pm »
Surely time is up for Dejan, seems a top guy but he is a liability.
As soon as we saw him getting up from the bench my son and I just started moaning, and low and behold he delivered exactly what we expected.
I would trust any of our youngsters over him.

Thought Knaby was excellent today and our attacking game dissolved when he came off, Hendo and Taki were also good.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 11:50:58 pm by lgvkarlos »

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #499 on: June 21, 2020, 11:54:50 pm »
Is this a wind up?
It simply has to be.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #500 on: June 21, 2020, 11:55:37 pm »

What’s this now?

I don’t get it
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #501 on: June 21, 2020, 11:57:05 pm »
I don’t think I would have been able to stomach that hipster wannabe skateboarder scruffy no razor having won the lottery clown Davies scoring.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #502 on: June 21, 2020, 11:57:36 pm »
Another game of attack and defence but even more like a pre-season version. I don't get much out of Derbies these days, just something to be endured with the blues hoping to sneak a win each time

Thought the Everton fans were more positive tonight
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #503 on: June 21, 2020, 11:58:23 pm »
Thanks for the reply.

I only asked because I know he came from a blue family, but Bootle is no blue stronghold. In fact, I don't know a single part of the city and surrounding suburbs that is. I assumed you meant his family and mates when younger rather than geography.

He lives in Blundellsands these days. That's not blue either.

I agree about him and Mcmanaman being kinder to Everton than they deserve, though. It's a bit odd really. Mind you, both know from experience how horrible that lot can be. Maybe diplomacy minimises the grief.

The Echo are the same. They tread on eggshells and give Everton far more coverage than they merit, in the name of fairness. If they didn't, the outrage and offence taken would be off the scale. They really do have hair-trigger sensitivity when it comes to taking offence. Ironic really.

Indeed.

Truth is, my old bluenose mate, (for whom I was best man) and I meet up once a year, at his, for the Cheltenham festival (he now lives in Gloucester).

When we used to go to derbies in the late ‘60s through to the mid ‘70s, Bootle and Kirkdale were blue (my old mate’s from Kirkdale). Those were the days of the ‘friendly’ derbies, when the rivalry was very different. It’s all very sad.

He was, btw, treated by his family to a seat in the directors’ box for his 65th birthday, with all the signed football, shirts programme etc. He told me how horrified he was at the poisonous atmosphere, where some of the younger players were too petrified to play, such was the booing and intimidation.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: June 21, 2020, 11:59:49 pm »
Just so we’re clear, Richarlison can do one off the bloody pier - such a prick...

He leads the league in foot indentations (including foot in mouth disease)
Absolutely, he is Brazil's Answer to El Hadji Diouf.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: June 21, 2020, 11:59:54 pm »
Soon as Firmino came off I was watching for us to just keep ball and not lose The game

Was the only lock picker we had on pitch

Trent was having a nightmare, no robbo any goal we’d get was going to come from a free kick, corner our little Mané burst but they were kicking the fuck out of him

So considering the circumstances a clean sheet and 1pt from 6 needed before kick off will do me very nicely

Jurgen Klopp

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #506 on: June 22, 2020, 12:05:26 am »
We were hammered 0-0. So sayeth the bluenose in work.

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: June 22, 2020, 12:05:47 am »
Indeed.

Truth is, my old bluenose mate, (for whom I was best man) and I meet up once a year, at his, for the Cheltenham festival (he now lives in Gloucester).

When we used to go to derbies in the late ‘60s through to the mid ‘70s, Bootle and Kirkdale were blue (my old mate’s from Kirkdale). Those were the days of the ‘friendly’ derbies, when the rivalry was very different. It’s all very sad.

I grew up in Bootle in 80's & 90's and it did feel much more blue. I was the only red amongst my mates - school felt like 1 red to 4 blues. Lived the South end for 20 years and much more red than what I grew up around. 

Online RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #508 on: June 22, 2020, 12:06:20 am »
Thought Matip was excellent, hope his injury isn't serious. We didn't look as threatening in attack once Keita and Firmino went off, and once we were down to our third-choice left-back and fourth-choice centreback they did get at us a little (not sure if Gomez's touch on Davies' shot has got enough love though).

Pretty good pre-season friendly. I see we have another one lined up in a few days against Palace, where I expect we'll be a bit less disjointed, and then the season starts a week later against City! Can't wait!

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: June 22, 2020, 12:13:33 am »
Not going to read through all of the moaning twats' posts so I apologize if this has already been said.

I thought Minamino looked ok and thought he had more of an impact in that first half then Ox did.  Ox played well, I just think he's more effective for us in the midfield rather then in the forward line. 

Keita was great and we really struggled once he and Firmino was taken off.  I know I read somewhere that Klopp and co have been really impressed with how he's been playing in training so hopefully we see more of the same.  Loved all the little link ups as he's driving through the middle of the field. 

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: June 22, 2020, 12:14:32 am »
Thought Matip was excellent,

Yeah, he was great until the injury. Looked class.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #511 on: June 22, 2020, 12:16:12 am »
Indeed.

He was, btw, treated by his family to a seat in the directors’ box for his 65th birthday, with all the signed football, shirts programme etc. He told me how horrified he was at the poisonous atmosphere, where some of the younger players were too petrified to play, such was the booing and intimidation.
That's interesting. I started going to Anfield in the 1971/72 season and we had not long moved from off Linacre Road, Bootle/Litherland border to slightly further out. When young I don't have any memory of Everton fans. Later on, when I went to High School it was very much predominantly Red.

Going into town our buses went through Bootle then Kirkdale and I remember those areas having street parties and being decked out in red and white whenever we were in finals. I don't ever recall thinking or feeling either area was Blue. Wherever I've been around the city, they have pretty much always been in the minority, in my lifetime at least. Of course, individual experience and perceptions will vary.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #512 on: June 22, 2020, 12:16:52 am »
We were hammered 0-0. So sayeth the bluenose in work.

Did they win without winning again ?

Got absolutely mauled the whole game and embarrassed themselves digging in for a point

Jurgen Klopp

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: June 22, 2020, 12:17:56 am »
The thing with Oxlade-Chamberlain on the right which I dont get is what really are we asking him to do? I think he can do a job in a 4-4-2 but in a three up top its not always clear. Its not like he hugs the touchline or he makes the same runs as Salah.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #514 on: June 22, 2020, 12:24:49 am »
I grew up in Bootle in 80's & 90's and it did feel much more blue. I was the only red amongst my mates - school felt like 1 red to 4 blues. Lived the South end for 20 years and much more red than what I grew up around.
That must have felt weird. Blues have always been in the minority in my circles, schools, workplaces etc. Also, with the way things are these days, I'm glad I don't come into contact with many blues at all. I only know a few, but they are proper, decent ones.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #515 on: June 22, 2020, 12:32:51 am »
A fair result, to be honest.
Believer

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: June 22, 2020, 12:47:29 am »
Richarlison is genuinely the biggest cheat in football barring possibly neymar

Both an absolute stain on Brazil’s World reputation

Jurgen Klopp

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #517 on: June 22, 2020, 12:50:00 am »
Did they win without winning again ?

Got absolutely mauled the whole game and embarrassed themselves digging in for a point

The Coleman having Mane in his pocket memes were out in minutes :D

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: June 22, 2020, 12:57:38 am »
One point closer.  Couldn't give a fuck on how it's done from here on out. 

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: June 22, 2020, 01:08:34 am »
The Coleman having Mane in his pocket memes were out in minutes :D

Coleman is shit

He couldn’t put a quid in his pocket

Load your box up with your entire team for 90 mins at home because you know you’re working with shite and it’s going to be hard to break down. ESP when you leave your top scorer out and one of top assisters out in Robbo with Trent having a doomer

But let them have it.

0-0 in the Everton FC cup final getting us 1pt closer to the 6 required will do me

Jurgen Klopp