Author Topic: Luis Díaz (Luis Fernando Díaz Marulanda)  (Read 433648 times)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Re: Luis Díaz (Luis Fernando Díaz Marulanda)
« Reply #4600 on: April 28, 2024, 12:27:32 pm »
The only one yesterday and Wednesday and probably the last 1/2 months of football -  who really looks like he gives a fuck, wants to make things happen and get Liverpool scoring. And we took him off yesterday Fuck sake!..........our ability to shoot ourselves in the foot is the only shot we get on target all the time, every time, this season......and last season as well to be fair.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
« Reply #4601 on: April 28, 2024, 01:15:32 pm »
The only one yesterday and Wednesday and probably the last 1/2 months of football -  who really looks like he gives a fuck, wants to make things happen and get Liverpool scoring. And we took him off yesterday Fuck sake!..........our ability to shoot ourselves in the foot is the only shot we get on target all the time, every time, this season......and last season as well to be fair.

Coincide with old man flirting with Barca  ::)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4602 on: April 28, 2024, 02:37:56 pm »
If you want to look at it through cynical eyes, then that’s your prerogative, for me, he just played like he wanted to win and make something happen.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4603 on: April 28, 2024, 03:08:55 pm »
If you want to look at it through cynical eyes, then that’s your prerogative, for me, he just played like he wanted to win and make something happen.

I just personally didn’t like his old man coming out etc in a run in but to be fair to him as you’ve said his been great since that

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4604 on: May 6, 2024, 10:53:04 am »
Plays maracas and was solid again yesterday.

Really do hope the lad stays with us next season.

Offline Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4605 on: May 6, 2024, 07:04:12 pm »
He's electric and great to watch but does he make us a better team?

I don't think so, he's too unpredictable so doesn't seem to gel with anyone. Also the goals/assists ratio per minute is the lowest of our top 5 forwards by some margin.

If the new gaffer has a plan that involves the lad then great however it wouldn't surprise me to see him shipped for a decent fee in the summer.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4606 on: May 7, 2024, 11:32:54 am »

I don't think so, he's too unpredictable so doesn't seem to gel with anyone. Also the goals/assists ratio per minute is the lowest of our top 5 forwards by some margin.

If the new gaffer has a plan that involves the lad then great however it wouldn't surprise me to see him shipped for a decent fee in the summer.

I think if we had a striker that we could rely on in terms of being available and/or putting the ball in the net when expected to, this wouldn't be as much of an issue. As it stands, we don't have that with Jota and Nunez. Diaz is probably quite low on the list of players that need replacing to be fair to him.

I do think that our entire forward line can be improved upon, which seems a bit mad to suggest, considering where we were a couple of years back and the money we spent on it, but here we are. That said, I don't think it makes sense to completely change it in one window.

Diaz is a solid player that doesn't need to be urgently replaced. I'm not sure the same can be said for the other wing, and even in the central forward role. I think it's pretty clear we need to be replacing Mo, from both a football and financial aspect. I love Jota, I'd be fine playing him there - if he was available. Nunez, unfortunately for him (and us), doesn't look like he will ever be reliable.

I think Diaz will get another season unless a big offer comes in. I'm perfectly fine with that as well.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4607 on: May 7, 2024, 11:44:57 am »

I think Diaz is brilliant until the final third, his finishing and final pass is typically very poor.

Hopefully he improves.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4608 on: Yesterday at 09:57:16 am »
I think if we had a striker that we could rely on in terms of being available and/or putting the ball in the net when expected to, this wouldn't be as much of an issue. As it stands, we don't have that with Jota and Nunez. Diaz is probably quite low on the list of players that need replacing to be fair to him.

I do think that our entire forward line can be improved upon, which seems a bit mad to suggest, considering where we were a couple of years back and the money we spent on it, but here we are. That said, I don't think it makes sense to completely change it in one window.

Diaz is a solid player that doesn't need to be urgently replaced. I'm not sure the same can be said for the other wing, and even in the central forward role. I think it's pretty clear we need to be replacing Mo, from both a football and financial aspect. I love Jota, I'd be fine playing him there - if he was available. Nunez, unfortunately for him (and us), doesn't look like he will ever be reliable.

I think Diaz will get another season unless a big offer comes in. I'm perfectly fine with that as well.

I just don't understand how you think Diaz can be considered reliable (if we are talking about the important thing - scoring and creating goals), but Nunez isn't.  This season, they have almost underperformed almost identically against xG (Nunez is -28.6%, Diaz is -29.8%), but Nunez is doing more with his time on the pitch.  Nunez is at a goal or assist every 105 mins, Diaz at every 195 mins.  Even the last month or so, when Diaz seems to have finally started playing better, since the Brighton game at home he has played 653 mins for 2 goals and 2 assists (or one every 163 mins) - hardly a "purple patch".  Before that period, Nunez wa, from Augustr until March, at a goal or assist every 92 mins (Diaz every 203 mins) - I know which I'd consider is more "reliable".  Diaz is also 3 years later, and at his peak age-wise - very unlikely for him to get any better, whereas Nunez isstill developing and getting better.  You only have to look at Nunez's improved work rate, tracking back, etc to see that development this season - it was clear that was where Klopp was focussing on improving him this season, and now he has improved, the next step is on his finishing.  Improve that finishing, by even 5-10%, which is very do-able, and he'd be a 20 goal a season (in the PL alone) striker who also gets close to 10 assists.

Offline joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4609 on: Yesterday at 10:47:36 am »
I just don't understand how you think Diaz can be considered reliable (if we are talking about the important thing - scoring and creating goals), but Nunez isn't.  This season, they have almost underperformed almost identically against xG (Nunez is -28.6%, Diaz is -29.8%), but Nunez is doing more with his time on the pitch.  Nunez is at a goal or assist every 105 mins, Diaz at every 195 mins.  Even the last month or so, when Diaz seems to have finally started playing better, since the Brighton game at home he has played 653 mins for 2 goals and 2 assists (or one every 163 mins) - hardly a "purple patch".  Before that period, Nunez wa, from Augustr until March, at a goal or assist every 92 mins (Diaz every 203 mins) - I know which I'd consider is more "reliable".  Diaz is also 3 years later, and at his peak age-wise - very unlikely for him to get any better, whereas Nunez isstill developing and getting better.  You only have to look at Nunez's improved work rate, tracking back, etc to see that development this season - it was clear that was where Klopp was focussing on improving him this season, and now he has improved, the next step is on his finishing.  Improve that finishing, by even 5-10%, which is very do-able, and he'd be a 20 goal a season (in the PL alone) striker who also gets close to 10 assists.

I agree about Nunez with regards to his work-rate, but would you not expect a left-winger, and one who doesn't have as much license to stay forward as Salah, to have worse numbers than a centre-forward who's largely been playing as a 'proper' number nine?
There's a lot of room for improvement in Diaz's end product regardless, but him and Nunez are hardly like for like in terms of the positions they're taking up, so it seems a somewhat pointless comparison.
He'd of course compare unfavourably to his predecessor in that position, but you're then comparing him with one of the best players I've seen in a Liverpool shirt.

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4610 on: Yesterday at 01:35:24 pm »
I agree about Nunez with regards to his work-rate, but would you not expect a left-winger, and one who doesn't have as much license to stay forward as Salah, to have worse numbers than a centre-forward who's largely been playing as a 'proper' number nine?
There's a lot of room for improvement in Diaz's end product regardless, but him and Nunez are hardly like for like in terms of the positions they're taking up, so it seems a somewhat pointless comparison.
He'd of course compare unfavourably to his predecessor in that position, but you're then comparing him with one of the best players I've seen in a Liverpool shirt.

Don't understand why Diaz gets a pass by Nunez gets hounded.

1 of Luchos 5 assists was a ricochet to Macca off a Sheffield player.

Offline istvan kozma

• Legacy Fan
  • "We have dreams and songs to sing"
« Reply #4611 on: Yesterday at 02:24:16 pm »
Don't understand why Diaz gets a pass by Nunez gets hounded.

1 of Luchos 5 assists was a ricochet to Macca off a Sheffield player.
Don't need to take cheap shots at one player to defend another.

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4612 on: Yesterday at 03:17:05 pm »
Don't need to take cheap shots at one player to defend another.

I'm not taking cheap shots I'm literally comparing there output.

But its okay to take shots at another player cos you prefer one over another?

Cry me a river mate.

Offline istvan kozma

• Legacy Fan
  • "We have dreams and songs to sing"
« Reply #4613 on: Yesterday at 04:40:29 pm »
I'm not taking cheap shots I'm literally comparing there output.

But its okay to take shots at another player cos you prefer one over another?

Cry me a river mate.
Yes you are....
....bringing his Dad into it is cheap.

No need to defend Nunez's poor performances, by taking pathetic cheap shots at other players.

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4614 on: Yesterday at 04:43:45 pm »
Yes you are........bringing his Dad into it is cheap.

No need to defend Nunez's poor performances, by taking pathetic cheap shots at other players.

Just pointed out he did nothing for most of the season until his dad came flirting with Barcelona & Real in the media.

Did I make that up?

Also a bit ironic since the club supported the family during the kidnapping.

Loyalty though eh?

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #4615 on: Yesterday at 04:54:59 pm »

Just pointed out he did nothing for most of the season until his dad came flirting with Barcelona & Real in the media.

Did I make that up?

Yes. So we can ignore the rest. Thanks for the heads-up.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.