Author Topic: Liverpool's Midfield  (Read 1841105 times)

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
Re: Liverpool's Midfield
« Reply #19280 on: January 14, 2023, 04:08:25 pm »
I don't know; maybe recall Tyler Morton from loan. Because those two cannot be any worse than Hendo and Fabinho.

We can't as far as I'm aware.

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19281 on: January 14, 2023, 04:10:06 pm »
Total shite…. The midfield, alright they’re 6 months older so what? it’s the same midfield that was blowing everyone away last season. Was it that mane used to muck in and help in that area that’s missing and Bobby?
I’m usually the optimised, but I’ve given up caring anymore this season, we’re just not cut out for top 4 for this season, we’re not doing it 100%.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19282 on: January 14, 2023, 04:12:31 pm »
The whole team, bar Konate playing poor.

But obviously people single out the midfield.

It's non-existent. Which is the reason the defense finds itself under so much pressure and why our attack is being starved of any real service.

2-0. Game over.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 04:15:39 pm by Solomon Grundy »

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19283 on: January 14, 2023, 04:13:36 pm »
It's none existent. Which is the reason the defense finds itself under so much pressure and why our attack is being starved of any real service.

2-0. Game over.

Woeful. I think a good spanking is maybe what we need for the message to hit home
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #19284 on: January 14, 2023, 04:14:18 pm »
Woeful. I think a good spanking is maybe what we need for the message to hit home

Hit home to whom, though? Who doesn't know this isn't good enough?
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #19285 on: January 14, 2023, 04:15:19 pm »
Does Naby Keita still have legs attached to his torso? If so, why isn't he on from the start of the 2nd half. Does anyone with working eyes think that midfield display was working at half time?
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19286 on: January 14, 2023, 04:15:51 pm »
Hit home to whom, though? Who doesn't know this isn't good enough?

Klopp and Lijnders, Owners, and the players … we’re better than this
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19287 on: January 14, 2023, 04:15:58 pm »

I’m afraid it’s not hitting home, how many times have we already been spanked this season…

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19288 on: January 14, 2023, 04:17:49 pm »
Somebody put me in an induced coma and wake me up when the season ends, with the news that Arsenal won the league and we have new owners.

Offline "Bobber" Thanks :)

• But Hicks Is Still A Wanker
  • Kopite
« Reply #19289 on: January 14, 2023, 04:18:36 pm »
Very very depressing

Need to big reset. Where do we even start

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19290 on: January 14, 2023, 04:18:39 pm »
We just look tired and slothy .. reminds me of the covid season

Offline Captain Kos

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19291 on: January 14, 2023, 04:18:56 pm »
Klopp out. Any manager who picks shitebags like Henderson and fabinho game after game despite in the form they're in deserves to go. Ox playing left sided again. We've seen for years that doesn't work. No game plan no idea. Klopp has had his run. He needs to go.
I dream of a team of Daniel Aggers!

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19292 on: January 14, 2023, 04:19:18 pm »
Klopp and Lijnders, Owners, and the players … we’re better than this

If it hasn't hit home by now that these performances simply aren't good enough, I doubt it'll ever hit home at all.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19293 on: January 14, 2023, 04:19:28 pm »
Klopp out. Any manager who picks shitebags like Henderson and fabinho game after game despite in the form they're in deserves to go. Ox playing left sided again. We've seen for years that doesn't work. No game plan no idea. Klopp has had his run. He needs to go.

FUCK OFF!

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19294 on: January 14, 2023, 04:20:09 pm »
FUCK OFF!

Don't give them the attention

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #19295 on: January 14, 2023, 04:20:16 pm »

Fulham on the opening day should have been the wake up call. Or the meek surrender at Old Trafford, or the humiliation in Naples, or the horrendous results back-to-back against Leeds and Forest, or the barely scraping past Villa and Leicester. It's pretty clear now that there isn't going to be a wake up call and this is just our level for the foreseeable future.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19296 on: January 14, 2023, 04:20:20 pm »

Fuck off and have a wank over football manager

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19297 on: January 14, 2023, 04:20:22 pm »

Shut up you clown.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19298 on: January 14, 2023, 04:20:57 pm »

:lmao :lmao :shite:

Offline Captain Kos

• Main Stander
« Reply #19299 on: January 14, 2023, 04:21:46 pm »
Sorry Samie that you don't agree. Managers leave when they stop performing. Like it or not, klopp and Liverpool aren't performing. Blame the owners, blame injuries, but the buck stops with klopp.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19300 on: January 14, 2023, 04:21:47 pm »
Fulham on the opening day should have been the wake up call. Or the meek surrender at Old Trafford, or the humiliation in Naples, or the horrendous results back-to-back against Leeds and Forest, or the barely scraping past Villa and Leicester. It's pretty clear now that there isn't going to be a wake up call and this is just our level for the foreseeable future.

Yeah it's those Leeds, Forest, Brentford, and now Brighton results which are just...ugh. So unlike the Liverpool of the last 5 seasons

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19301 on: January 14, 2023, 04:22:16 pm »
I think this goes right to the top, somethings up with this club, it’s not just on the field, look at the staff who have walked away in the last year, then that leak about selling up.
It’s all erratic behaviour and it’s a reflection of the injuries we’ve had, and the games we’ve played.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #19302 on: January 14, 2023, 04:22:38 pm »
Somebody put me in an induced coma and wake me up when the season ends, with the news that Arsenal won the league and we have new owners.

Season a total write off. Just got to hope things change again next season.

If you offered me a top 8 finish now i would take it. We're worse than United were last season.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #19303 on: January 14, 2023, 04:23:20 pm »
Yeah it's those Leeds, Forest, Brentford, and now Brighton results which are just...ugh. So unlike the Liverpool of the last 5 seasons
Forget the results, we’ve had maybe three good performances through 20+ matches this season.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19304 on: January 14, 2023, 04:24:00 pm »
If it hasn't hit home by now that these performances simply aren't good enough, I doubt it'll ever hit home at all.

Life isn’t as simple as that. They’re humans, hangover from last season, ownership drama, didn’t secure our top midfield target, and World Cup seems to have screwed up our hard fought for momentum.

I’m super chill - I back Klopp every single time.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19305 on: January 14, 2023, 04:24:28 pm »
Sorry Samie that you don't agree. Managers leave when they stop performing. Like it or not, klopp and Liverpool aren't performing. Blame the owners, blame injuries, but the buck stops with klopp.

Ok, I'll humour you - Which top-class manager is going to want to take this Liverpool job on when he's no money to spend until the summer?

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19306 on: January 14, 2023, 04:24:52 pm »
Life isn’t as simple as that. They’re humans, hangover from last season, didn’t secure our tip midfield target, and World Cup seems to have screwed up our hard fought for momentum.

I’m super chill - I back Klopp every single time.

You have to question why Klopp is letting this happen. If he’s making a quad sub why didn’t be do it at half time, rather than lose the game before doing it.

Offline Captain Kos

• Main Stander
« Reply #19307 on: January 14, 2023, 04:25:06 pm »
The boys on the bench must be really shit if the players on pitch are keeping them off the grass

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19308 on: January 14, 2023, 04:25:18 pm »
The coaches need to come up with a style of play that suits the team that's available, instead of persevering with whatever fucking nonsense they've been trying so far this season.

Roll the sleeves up and play ugly and negative if we have to, you can blame injuries for a loss of quality but not the lack of intent and desire that we're witnessing. They either don't have the legs or they don't have the mentality to go again. Either way, massive clear out is required. Maybe not just on the field if they can't sort this shit out after half a season.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19309 on: January 14, 2023, 04:25:32 pm »

Lmao what a plank

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #19310 on: January 14, 2023, 04:26:28 pm »

Who would you actually play in midfield? Are you that fucking thick? He could play any combo and it'd still be dogshit, as proven when each one of them have been injured. But you can get fucked with that shite right away. Every single one of our players, backroom staff, owners and fans (including you!) can fuck off out of the club before we even begin to consider Klopp leaving.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19311 on: January 14, 2023, 04:26:36 pm »
After 7 years of Klopp you can see some of the supporter base has become entitled and forgotten the dark days

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #19312 on: January 14, 2023, 04:26:51 pm »
:butt
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19313 on: January 14, 2023, 04:27:04 pm »
The coaches need to come up with a style of play that suits the team that's available, instead of persevering with whatever fucking nonsense they've been trying so far this season.

Roll the sleeves up and play ugly and negative if we have to, you can blame injuries for a loss of quality but not the lack of intent and desire that we're witnessing. They either don't have the legs or they don't have the mentality to go again. Either way, massive clear out is required. Maybe not just on the field if they can't sort this shit out after half a season.

I literally couldn't tell you what style of play is better for these players. They can't tackle, can't press, can't defend, only one of the midfielders can pass a ball.

How do you play with this midfield currently?

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #19314 on: January 14, 2023, 04:28:19 pm »
Anyone else tempted to say, especially during the game, "Klopp out" can just log off now  :wanker

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #19315 on: July 15, 2023, 12:19:16 pm »
Milner
Fabinho
Henderson
Carvalho
keita
Oxlade
Jones
Mac Callister
Szoboszlai
Elliot
Thiago?

Ummmm…

« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 12:22:58 pm by Chakan »

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19316 on: July 15, 2023, 12:21:31 pm »
Milner
Fabinho
Henderson
Carvalho
Jones
Mac Callister
Szoboszlai
Elliot
Thiago?

Ummmm…

It really has been night of the long knives. Klopp saw what everyone of the fan base saw last season and is acting on it. Would include Naby and Ox in there too.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #19317 on: July 15, 2023, 01:03:22 pm »
It really has been night of the long knives. Klopp saw what everyone of the fan base saw last season and is acting on it.

There was an unreal amount of denial earlier in the summer in the transfer thread about this... but if we all took a step back there was no way the man that perfected gengenpressing in modern football was going to sit still for another season of the lethargic shit most of his senior midfield served up last season

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #19318 on: July 15, 2023, 01:06:08 pm »
Maybe I'm greedy but I still want at least one more in yet and if it's only to be one then someone with a brilliant engine who can play defence and defensive midfield.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19319 on: July 15, 2023, 01:18:24 pm »
I am over the moon with this honestly. I was resigned to a couple of years of having to drag the old timers with us till their contracts eventually expire. Keep cutting I say.