Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2011561 times)

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #9080 on: February 24, 2019, 09:01:11 pm »
All players who are substituted leave on crutches. It's when they're in a hearse you need to worry.

Even then....

Unless they play for City of course.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #9081 on: February 25, 2019, 08:58:03 am »
If he's out then Salah needs to play central and Shaqiri needs to play wide.
I think Shaq is quite efficient in a No10 role and somewhat deficient out wide. I’d prefer to see Mane on the right, Keira on the left and Shaq in no 10. Be could be devastating there. I think why we haven’t used him like that is because we have Bobby and he’s even better
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9082 on: February 25, 2019, 08:59:17 am »
Any latest news regarding to Bobby's injury?
Believer

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9083 on: February 25, 2019, 09:07:42 am »
Sorry if this has already been said but he was 'playing on' with the injury for a bit and wanting the ball, so that gives me hope that it is not too serious

Fingers crossed anyway

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9084 on: February 25, 2019, 09:08:55 am »
Sturridge and Origi are completely useless

Hahaha totally agree

Sad to see Sturridge's decline, as he was once such a good player. He looks absolutely clueless, I actually think Origi is more useful

Online deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9085 on: February 25, 2019, 01:22:08 pm »
We could really do with him being fit for Wednesday. I have to say, neither of our other options fill me with much hope. I'd be more inclined to start Shaqiri out wide and play Salah centrally, rather than play Origi or Sturridge. Theyve barely scored all season (despite a couple of important goals).

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9086 on: February 25, 2019, 03:40:44 pm »
I think Shaq is quite efficient in a No10 role and somewhat deficient out wide. I’d prefer to see Mane on the right, Keira on the left and Shaq in no 10. Be could be devastating there. I think why we haven’t used him like that is because we have Bobby and he’s even better

Hmmm. I had imagined Keita and Shaq the other way round, but perhaps your suggestion is the better one given Shaqiri is not the quickest.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #9087 on: February 25, 2019, 03:52:05 pm »
There will be no update on the injury by the club today apparently.
YWNA

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9088 on: February 25, 2019, 04:27:05 pm »
He's having a scan on his ankle today. Will probably know tomorrow during Klopp's presser. It's unlikely he will play on Wednesday

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #9089 on: February 25, 2019, 05:44:18 pm »
Send him to Malaga for his recovery. A bit of warm weather will make all the difference.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #9090 on: February 25, 2019, 05:46:55 pm »
Wonder if Ben Woodburn would be back in the squad if Bobby is out for a prolonged period.....
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9091 on: February 25, 2019, 05:50:22 pm »
Wonder if Ben Woodburn would be back in the squad if Bobby is out for a prolonged period.....

Fucking hell.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
« Reply #9092 on: February 25, 2019, 05:56:30 pm »
He's having a scan on his ankle today. Will probably know tomorrow during Klopp's presser. It's unlikely he will play on Wednesday

Ankles are cu*ts even if its not ligament damage and just bruising around the tissue its 3-4 weeks at least :wave
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Offline nash_av

• Main Stander
« Reply #9093 on: February 25, 2019, 06:04:22 pm »
Send him to Malaga for his recovery. A bit of warm weather will make all the difference.
Warm weather is the Shit word for us this year  ;D

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9094 on: February 25, 2019, 06:21:45 pm »
Warm weather is the Shit word for us this year  ;D

Is right. Send him to chryotherapy instead!  ;D
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #9095 on: February 25, 2019, 06:50:31 pm »
Ankles are cu*ts even if its not ligament damage and just bruising around the tissue its 3-4 weeks at least :wave

I rolled my ankle in December playing in a friendly game (similar to how Bobby rolled his from the pictures), but continued playing basically because I couldn’t sit the rest of the game out. It still hurts a little bit today, almost 2 months after. I would have made it worse playing again a few days or even weeks after. It really depends on the type of strain and severity. Hopefully it’s not too bad, but I’d be surprised if it wasn’t 2-3 weeks at a minimum.
YWNA

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9096 on: February 25, 2019, 10:27:52 pm »
I dont think Klopp trusts Shaqiri centrally yet. He has trust Keita centrally as the 8 vs Bouremouth and Bayern.
Would likely be Keita next to Fabinho deeper. Gini behind Salah and played more centrally, Sahqiri on the right and Mane on the left.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9097 on: February 25, 2019, 10:31:28 pm »
Shaqiri playing as a 10 is not the same as playing as an 8, its a role he is very familiar with considering thats where he operates for his national side. I believe his skillset is better centrally behind the centerforward, it opens things up for him shooting wise and passing wise. Imo he is far more effective when he takes central positions then when he is out wide.

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #9098 on: February 25, 2019, 11:01:38 pm »
We knew this may have happened at some point during the season... I know its hard to find a Firminho lite but really needs to be addressed at some point... He is so important to how we play

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9099 on: February 25, 2019, 11:09:26 pm »
Shaqiri playing as a 10 is not the same as playing as an 8, its a role he is very familiar with considering thats where he operates for his national side. I believe his skillset is better centrally behind the centerforward, it opens things up for him shooting wise and passing wise. Imo he is far more effective when he takes central positions then when he is out wide.
He would not play as an 8 for us anyway, he can play the 10, however I remember Klopp saying he wasnt where he wanted him for defending Half-spaces at some time recently. I know that he was brought off at Southampton not sure if Klopp trust him centrally yet tactically, Gini he would
Shaqiri has good pressing number irc so would make sense to be able to do the Firmino role.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9100 on: February 26, 2019, 01:46:44 am »
He would not play as an 8 for us anyway, he can play the 10, however I remember Klopp saying he wasnt where he wanted him for defending Half-spaces at some time recently. I know that he was brought off at Southampton not sure if Klopp trust him centrally yet tactically, Gini he would
Shaqiri has good pressing number irc so would make sense to be able to do the Firmino role.

That's because against Soton he played as an 8 and not as a 10.

Telegraph reporting that Firmino is also a doubt for the weekend

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #9101 on: February 26, 2019, 02:21:06 am »

I think Carol and Caroline need to dig down the back of the freezer and get the horse placenta out.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline harleydanger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9102 on: February 26, 2019, 02:22:23 am »

Which begs the question why he hasn’t been played there? I’m sure the coaching staff are well aware of his history.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9103 on: February 26, 2019, 02:26:20 am »
Which begs the question why he hasn’t been played there? I’m sure the coaching staff are well aware of his history.

Because Firmino occupies that space on the pitch for us in our system and he does it exceptionally well. You can't have two players playing the same role in the same spot in the pitch. They'd be getting in each other's way.

That's why you've seen Shaqiri operate on the right and the one time he played midfield he played as an 8 and was subbed at half-time. Now that Firmino isn't playing in that part of the pitch. Shaqiri can do some of the job there. He can't press as well as Firmino for instance but its not a foreign role to him.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9104 on: February 26, 2019, 02:42:01 am »
That's because against Soton he played as an 8 and not as a 10.

Telegraph reporting that Firmino is also a doubt for the weekend
Double check the heat map on that game bc he wasnt the 8. it was a very clear 4231 with hendo and gini deeper and Shaqiri central mane on the right and firmino on the left. Mane is the most central on the heat map as he swapped side at halftime

Offline harleydanger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9105 on: February 26, 2019, 02:52:31 am »
Because Firmino occupies that space on the pitch for us in our system and he does it exceptionally well. You can't have two players playing the same role in the same spot in the pitch. They'd be getting in each other's way.

That's why you've seen Shaqiri operate on the right and the one time he played midfield he played as an 8 and was subbed at half-time. Now that Firmino isn't playing in that part of the pitch. Shaqiri can do some of the job there. He can't press as well as Firmino for instance but its not a foreign role to him.

I meant when Bobby hasn't played, or subbed off
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9106 on: February 26, 2019, 05:22:52 am »
based on the footage of his ankle, id say its a lateral ankle ligament sprain. usually talking a good 2-4 weeks depending on severity.  for some lads the ankle looks pretty much normal after 4 or 5 days but re-injury is pretty common. depending on how bad it is, usually 1-2 weeks of rehabilitation and ensuring good strength, good agility, ability to sprint and turn and not have much in the way of pain or reaction after the sessions. Should be ok by the time our next Bayern game comes around though, but probably question marks for games leading up to that.

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9107 on: February 26, 2019, 08:01:11 am »
Is right. Send him to chryotherapy instead!  ;D

Dip him in horse placenta.
@Yvanicuzz

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #9108 on: February 26, 2019, 09:34:26 am »
Dip him in horse placenta.
The fella who gave him the teeth will probably have some.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9109 on: February 26, 2019, 09:57:48 am »
I'm optimistic he will be back for the Derby. When he came off he looked completely fine, no limp and was moving quicker than Sturridge.

Wouldn't be surprised if Rashford misses more time than Firmino.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9110 on: February 26, 2019, 10:24:29 am »
Any chance Fabinho's played as a 10 for Brazil?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9111 on: February 26, 2019, 01:31:21 pm »
Klopp says Firmino possibly could play tomorrow, but will more than likely play for sure on Sunday Not serious

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #9112 on: February 26, 2019, 01:36:17 pm »
Klopp says Firmino possibly could play tomorrow, but will more than likely play for sure on Sunday Not serious

That's really good news, think we can afford for him to miss Watford but don't want him missing for the derby.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9113 on: February 26, 2019, 01:38:24 pm »

Great news

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #9114 on: February 26, 2019, 01:50:38 pm »
Any chance Fabinho's played as a 10 for Brazil?

Of course he has! Whats the matter with you?  ;)

Offline exCite

• Anny Roader
  • Form Is Temporary, Class Is Permanent.
We Remember them with pride,
Those mighty reds of Shankly's side.
And Kenny's boys of '88,
There's never been a side so great.

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9117 on: February 26, 2019, 03:28:35 pm »
Great news!
Believer

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #9118 on: February 26, 2019, 03:31:00 pm »
Bobby's made of tough stuff like Suarez was. 8)
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #9119 on: February 26, 2019, 03:33:11 pm »
That’s a nice little bit of news for us and a shitty little piece of news for Man City.

"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.