Author Topic: Harvey Elliott (Harvey Daniel James Elliott)  (Read 606340 times)

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Re: Harvey Elliott (Harvey Daniel James Elliott)
« Reply #6200 on: April 27, 2024, 09:43:37 pm »
I was at the game today, I don't get to too many. Just wanted to mention Elliott applauding the travelling fans at the end as he did it for longer than any of the other players, some of whom didn't do it all.

Top man, Harv.
Clearly loves the club and gives his all every game. Hopefully can earn himself a bigger role next season
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6201 on: April 27, 2024, 09:46:55 pm »
I was at the game today, I don't get to too many. Just wanted to mention Elliott applauding the travelling fans at the end as he did it for longer than any of the other players, some of whom didn't do it all.

Top man, Harv.

He’s been a brilliant signing. Looking forward to seeing what the next years bring for Harvey. Love having players that are quality and love the club.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6202 on: April 27, 2024, 09:49:38 pm »
He’s a frustrating player to watch, he tries really hard and always looks busy but his decision making is just maddening.

Offline fancy lad

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6203 on: April 27, 2024, 11:18:41 pm »
He’s a frustrating player to watch, he tries really hard and always looks busy but his decision making is just maddening.

Completely agree.

Seems like a really good guy who genuinely loves the club…. but he’s just a level below the standard.. probably due to his body type more than anything. Lacks pace and strength.  And even his skill is very inconsistent.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #6204 on: April 28, 2024, 11:35:26 am »
Not a right wing attacker. That was obvious when Klopp put him there earlier in the season when Mo was injured or in Africa.

He is better in midfield or as a 10.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #6205 on: April 28, 2024, 11:53:15 am »
Don't think he's good enough to make a position his own, at least not yet. He's not quick enough to play wide or quick/strong enough as an 8. He's more of a number 10. He can still improve, but you can't do anything about being slow.

He is a very handy squad player though who can fill in in different positions or impact games off the bench. One of our better performers this season.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6206 on: April 28, 2024, 11:56:09 am »
Think I must watch a different player to most on here, been one of our best players across the season IMO

Other players get praise for making things happen but Elliott doesn't often seem to get the same despite it being something he offers in most appearances. Every time he's coming on I think we'll get at least one big chance now and generally he provides with a deep cross from the right hand side or having a go himself.

From all the reports we'll be playing with a 10 soon, think he's a very important player and you could be forgiven for thinking he's a lot older than he is

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6207 on: April 28, 2024, 02:16:58 pm »
Think I must watch a different player to most on here, been one of our best players across the season IMO

Other players get praise for making things happen but Elliott doesn't often seem to get the same despite it being something he offers in most appearances. Every time he's coming on I think we'll get at least one big chance now and generally he provides with a deep cross from the right hand side or having a go himself.

From all the reports we'll be playing with a 10 soon, think he's a very important player and you could be forgiven for thinking he's a lot older than he is
I think having him as a 10 who then defends /presses as a forward in a 442 (same as what De Bruyne and Odegaard usually do) shape would suit him more than as an 8 in a 433* but don't think you can do that woth Salah as a winger. I guess the worry for him would be that he gets moved around again with a new manager and so ends up as a bit of a utility player, which is still like a fien career to have, but he may benefit more from a run of games in one position/role

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6208 on: April 28, 2024, 08:43:05 pm »

Top man, Harv.

Does it every game without fail. Win, lose or draw.

Always makes me laugh when I see these kids with "Mo..Can I have your shirt" banners.    No chance, he's down the tunnel before the ref takes his whistle out of his mouth.

Harvey is a great lad.  No, he probably won't be the first name on the team sheet, but a very good squad player IMO.

Offline KC7

• Main Stander
« Reply #6209 on: April 28, 2024, 09:47:23 pm »
He has plenty of end product, just that it's primarily as sub.

The game vs West Ham (in fact most of this season), our attacking play was slow, with everyone overplaying it. 28 shots but very few clear cut, it was ponderous. The midfield is slow, and the slow build up from there is infectious which is why I think Harvey also took too many touches at times. Think this slow play is also why Nunez has suffered quite alot. The good news is Slot demands speed (as Jurgen once did).

Think it has been difficult him starting games over the past two seasons especially with the midfield having little speed and physicality to offset his slight frame. Having a monster of a DM in there he would be one of many that would benefit. The physicality has increased in the league and players like him can be all too easily overpowered now. The game he started away at Inter a few seasons back, he looked completely lost in that massive San Siro pitch, like a lad from the stands had been given a run out, and it was like playing with 10 players. Think that might have been his last game that season (he had returned from his ankle injury). He has bulked up since then so has recognised the physical demands needed are high.

He looks a world class sub, and it's an invaluable role. He talks about wanting to start games, but there is nothing wrong in that role as a game changer from the bench. When he comes on he is able to change the tempo of play, something you cannot do from the start which is probably why he looks much less effective when he does. Plus when he starts he's at the same level of freshness as all the others, again harder to stand out. When we are on top and need someone to change things up, unsettle a defence that has played 60, he is the player to do that. Fabulous player and a great attitude.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6210 on: April 28, 2024, 09:57:49 pm »
Think people forget he has only just turned 21 he has time on his side to get better and stronger.

He is the future of this club whether people agree or not is up to them.

Even if he isn’t playing well he is always pressing and trying yes he is a kid but you don’t get that impression with some senior players going through the motions.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6211 on: April 28, 2024, 10:02:49 pm »
Completely agree.

Seems like a really good guy who genuinely loves the club…. but he’s just a level below the standard.. probably due to his body type more than anything. Lacks pace and strength.  And even his skill is very inconsistent.

I get frustrated with him sometimes too, was critical of Klopp continously shoehorning him into the team last season, and yesterday I thought he was pretty headless.

But still, I think it's a little harsh to act like he's really inconsistent or lacks ability or brains (I know the last one is others and not you saying that).

Yesterday was actually his first poor-ish performance in a while. On the whole he's been a positive this season. And even when he's off it with his use of the ball, he still presses like a machine. He's got a big role to play at Liverpool over the years, either as a starter if he can improve certain aspects, or at least as a good squad player, which he's more than good enough for already.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6212 on: April 29, 2024, 01:02:03 pm »
Think people forget he has only just turned 21 he has time on his side to get better and stronger.

He is the future of this club whether people agree or not is up to them.

Even if he isn’t playing well he is always pressing and trying yes he is a kid but you don’t get that impression with some senior players going through the motions.

I think the problem is that we have a number of absolute super star 21-ish (or younger) attacking midfielders around right now in Europe - and if you compare Elliot with them, he comes up way short.  But thats not normal - and yet we behave like it is.  The following players are all his age group (i.e turned 21 this season), or younger - Pedri, Musialla, Wirtz, Bellingham, Gavi, Camavinga, Xavi Simons, Zaire-Emery.  Thats an *insane* list of young midfielders, so it should not be a criticism to say that Elliot is not as good as any of them (Zaire-Emery may not be "better", but he has performed no worse, and he only turned 18 last month!).

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6213 on: April 29, 2024, 09:47:14 pm »
I think the problem is that we have a number of absolute super star 21-ish (or younger) attacking midfielders around right now in Europe - and if you compare Elliot with them, he comes up way short.  But thats not normal - and yet we behave like it is.  The following players are all his age group (i.e turned 21 this season), or younger - Pedri, Musialla, Wirtz, Bellingham, Gavi, Camavinga, Xavi Simons, Zaire-Emery.  Thats an *insane* list of young midfielders, so it should not be a criticism to say that Elliot is not as good as any of them (Zaire-Emery may not be "better", but he has performed no worse, and he only turned 18 last month!).

Interesting none of them are PL players either you listed.

Yes they probably do have much better stats etc but in the PL you gotta work your balls off EVERY game would they all be able to cope with the demands ?

Probably best to see where Elliott is in 2 years time i think

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6214 on: April 29, 2024, 10:21:14 pm »
Interesting none of them are PL players either you listed.

Yes they probably do have much better stats etc but in the PL you gotta work your balls off EVERY game would they all be able to cope with the demands ?

Probably best to see where Elliott is in 2 years time i think

Not sure why he never mentioned Cole Palmer.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6215 on: May 5, 2024, 05:49:01 pm »
He’s been exceptional..

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6216 on: May 5, 2024, 05:49:40 pm »
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6217 on: May 5, 2024, 05:49:56 pm »
beautiful goal.

Offline blamski

• Main Stander
  • its weird, isn't it?
« Reply #6218 on: May 5, 2024, 05:50:11 pm »
He did that thing that Salah used to do

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6219 on: May 5, 2024, 05:51:56 pm »
What a fucking goal

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6220 on: May 5, 2024, 06:26:25 pm »
It’s the big regret of this season in my opinion that this lad never got a chance in midfield when our best players were also on the pitch. He’s a sensational footballer and as much as I like Jones, Elliot should comfortably be starting ahead of him.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #6221 on: May 5, 2024, 06:31:23 pm »
Love him. Can always rely on him to give absolutely everything whenever he plays.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6222 on: May 5, 2024, 06:33:08 pm »
He was great first half, then somehow upped it even more second half.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6223 on: May 5, 2024, 06:48:13 pm »
I love how our 2 most underestimated players teamed up for our 3rd, Harvey to Cody
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #6224 on: May 5, 2024, 06:49:15 pm »
If only he was as good as Jay Spearing
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6225 on: May 5, 2024, 07:53:34 pm »
The future is bright, brilliant young player.

Take a bow, what a hit son

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6226 on: May 5, 2024, 07:54:19 pm »
Brilliant today. His ceiling is huge!

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6227 on: May 5, 2024, 07:55:31 pm »
he should have started more games.

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6228 on: May 5, 2024, 07:59:10 pm »
Slot is going to love him for that 10 role. He could explode big time next season.

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6229 on: May 5, 2024, 08:02:12 pm »
If he persists with 4-2-3-1, Elliott will be a shoe-in

In what looks on paper to be his best position as well, can't wait.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6230 on: May 5, 2024, 08:03:27 pm »

Apparently Slot wants wingers who can run at their full backs. He would have to play centrally.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6231 on: May 5, 2024, 08:03:52 pm »
He is excellent.

Online PEG2K

• Could be Stan Boardman. Hates the Germans.
  • Kopite
« Reply #6232 on: May 5, 2024, 08:08:53 pm »
Think Slot plays 433 more than 4231. But he sure is more Pep than Klopp and changes his formation from time to time. Everyone will have a place in his team.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6233 on: May 5, 2024, 08:09:12 pm »

I'd love to see what Elliott could do in the #10 role - I don't think he's a forward and I do think there are games where he gets swallowed up as an #8 (one of my bigger frustrations this season has been the way we've used him - he's started games he's maybe not suited for, but not got in the pitch in others where it's been screaming out for a player like him), but I think as a #10 he could really excel.

I do wonder if we'll maybe stick with a 4-3-3 though, as we have a lot of #8s. If we get a DM like seemingly everyone thinks we should, you've suddenly got one spot for all of Mac Allister, Jones, Gravenberch, Endo and maybe even Trent. Slot has played with 4-3-3 a bit as well hasn't he? It does seem a little more suited to our squad, balance-wise.

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6234 on: May 5, 2024, 08:11:29 pm »
Kevin De Bruyne (14) and Rodri (9) are the only two Premier League players that have provided more assists than Harvey Elliott (8 ) in 2024.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #6235 on: May 5, 2024, 08:18:58 pm »
Should have started more during that awful spell. He does make things happen and doesn't stop running. Shouldn't have got taken off at half time against Atalanta for example. Not a flawless player by any means but one of our best performers all season.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6236 on: May 5, 2024, 08:20:52 pm »
Should have started more during that awful spell.

100%

In the top 3-5 players of the season for my money. A lovely player who only ever makes a positive contribution when he's on the pitch.

Offline RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #6237 on: May 5, 2024, 08:27:47 pm »
Some goal that.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6238 on: May 5, 2024, 08:34:30 pm »
Slot is going to love him for that 10 role. He could explode big time next season.

Good call. I've thought for a while that he would thrive as a 10.

I'm looking forward to see how Slot choses to use him.

Offline blamski

• Main Stander
  • its weird, isn't it?
« Reply #6239 on: May 5, 2024, 08:37:11 pm »
Brilliant today. His ceiling is huge!

Doesn't need to be as he's not all that tall