Author Topic: Re: Arise Sir King Kenny *  (Read 50078 times)

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Re: Re: Arise Sir King Kenny *
« Reply #360 on: July 27, 2023, 09:49:18 pm »
Ignoring the why - sensational stat on Twitter that this season will be the first time since 1958 nobody in the team will have played with or been managed by Kenny.

That can't be right surely.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
Re: Arise Sir King Kenny *
« Reply #361 on: July 27, 2023, 09:58:59 pm »
I get what you mean but don’t think that’s worded quite right

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: July 27, 2023, 10:02:10 pm »
That can't be right surely.

Ronnie Moran was in the 1958 and 59s squads and Kenny was his boss, Cally was in the 1960 squad and the 78 squad, so its probably right.

I get what you mean but don’t think that’s worded quite right

Yeah it needed to be something like its the first time since the 1958 season that someone in the team hadn't, at some point, played with or been managed by Kenny
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 10:04:04 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #363 on: July 27, 2023, 10:07:03 pm »
That’s it!

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: July 28, 2023, 12:02:43 am »
Ignoring the why - sensational stat on Twitter that this season will be the first time since 1958 nobody in the team will have played with or been managed by Kenny.

What an incredible stat.

How ridiculously ominous and meaningful the fact it was Henderson doing what he’s done. To say it’s the end of an era is not even the half of it.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #365 on: July 28, 2023, 12:13:58 am »
Ronnie Moran was in the 1958 and 59s squads and Kenny was his boss, Cally was in the 1960 squad and the 78 squad, so its probably right.

Yeah it needed to be something like its the first time since the 1958 season that someone in the team hadn't, at some point, played with or been managed by Kenny

Kenny worked with the academy though when the likes of Trent and Curtis were coming through.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: July 28, 2023, 08:14:35 am »
Callaghan from 1959.
Anyone from Kenny joined until he left in 91.
McManaman from 91
Carragher played alongside McManaman and was there for Kenny's second spell.
Then Henderson.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: July 28, 2023, 01:13:26 pm »
Kenny worked with the academy though when the likes of Trent and Curtis were coming through.

You wouldn't say he specifically managed them though, the academy staff dealt with all that, I'd doubt Kenny even saw Trent and Curtis as kids, unless he actually bothered going to Kirkby on his way home from Melwood
Jurgen YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #368 on: July 28, 2023, 01:52:53 pm »

I was going to say there must have been a pre Henderson spell where that wasn’t the case but have they backdated Kenny’s second spell where he managed Carragher and Gerrard?

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: July 28, 2023, 04:06:51 pm »
I was going to say there must have been a pre Henderson spell where that wasn’t the case but have they backdated Kenny’s second spell where he managed Carragher and Gerrard?

Yeah, they will have had to use Carra to to go from Rush/Barnes to Carragher to cover the 1996/1997 season until his return in 2011
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: July 28, 2023, 05:57:16 pm »

Yeah I think so. Just needs Jay Spearing to get a run out in the league cup to take it up to 66 years.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #371 on: July 28, 2023, 06:00:32 pm »
You wouldn't say he specifically managed them though, the academy staff dealt with all that, I'd doubt Kenny even saw Trent and Curtis as kids, unless he actually bothered going to Kirkby on his way home from Melwood

Kenny was appointed to help run the Academy by Rafa in 2009. He also returned and ran coaching sessions around 2017. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #372 on: August 13, 2023, 09:33:34 am »
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #373 on: August 13, 2023, 10:38:46 am »
^
Lovely. What a player. What a team. What a manager. I feel privileged that I was there back then to experience it first hand. I remember being really excited going down to Wembley for his debut. 👑
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #374 on: August 13, 2023, 02:56:52 pm »
Phenonimal person and player.

Seeing that today reminded me why I love this club and no matter how shite football is nowadays, that players like this existed
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #375 on: August 13, 2023, 04:04:34 pm »
Middlesbrough away the week after, first league game. Think he scored in a 1-1 draw. I should remember as I was there...😁

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #376 on: December 17, 2023, 12:43:08 am »
More for the King.

Sports Personality of the Year: Sir Kenny Dalglish wins Lifetime Achievement award

Liverpool and Scotland legend Sir Kenny Dalglish will be honoured with the Lifetime Achievement award at BBC Sports Personality of the Year.

The 72-year-old won eight league titles and three European Cups as a player and manager at Anfield after joining the club from Celtic in 1977.

Dalglish, who also led Blackburn to the title, is Scotland's most-capped male player and joint record goalscorer.

"Receiving the Lifetime Achievement Award is truly an honour," he said.

"I have always believed in the importance of team success, and I wouldn't be where I am today without all of the players I've played with, the people I've worked for, and the supporters that stood by me, so this is for them."

Glasgow-born Dalglish began his career at Celtic, where he won four Scottish league titles before Liverpool paid a then British record transfer fee of £440,000 to sign him.

In his first season with the Merseyside club he scored 31 goals, including the only goal in the 1978 European Cup final against Bruges at Wembley.

He would go on to win a further two European Cups and five league titles before becoming player-manager at the age of 35 in May 1985.

"To go from the dressing room to the manager's office, I wasn't always the most comfortable, but I had fantastic support from senior people at Liverpool," Dalglish said.

"The most comfortable place for me as a player was in the dressing room. I missed the dressing room, but you've got to move on in your life and that is what destiny was telling me, move on."

Despite his unease, Dalglish thrived in the role as Liverpool claimed their first domestic league and cup Double in 1986, and two more league titles before he announced his shock resignation in February 1991.

Dalglish was the club's manager at the time of the Hillsborough disaster in 1989. Ninety-seven Liverpool fans died as a result of a crush during an FA Cup semi-final against Nottingham Forest at Sheffield Wednesday's Hillsborough stadium.

The Scot ensured the club was represented at the fans' funerals and, along with his wife Marina, helped support bereaved families.

In a biopic about Dalglish's life, Marina and their daughter Kelly spoke about the impact of the Hillsborough disaster on him, and how it eventually led to his resignation.

After leaving Liverpool, where he had ended his playing career with 515 appearances and 172 goals, Dalglish took charge at Blackburn Rovers and guided the club to the Premiership title in 1995.

Short spells at Newcastle United and back at Celtic followed and, after an 11-year break from management, he returned to Liverpool in 2011 to lead them to League Cup success - the club's first trophy in six years. He was sacked three months later after an eighth-place Premier League finish.

Speaking about Liverpool, where he is known as 'King Kenny', Dalglish said: "The football club means everything to ourselves as a family.

"Glasgow and Liverpool are very similar. Obviously, they have shipyards with two teams in the city. But for me, the people were fantastic as well. They've got a real sense of humour and they take time to talk to you."

On the international stage, Dalglish played 102 times for Scotland, scoring 30 goals.

Fellow football legends Mr. Ferguson, George Best, Sir Bobby Charlton and Pele have previously won the Lifetime Achievement award.

In 2022, the award was won by Jamaica's eight-time Olympic gold medal-winning sprinter Usain Bolt.

BBC Sports Personality of the Year takes place on Tuesday, 19 December at MediaCityUK in Salford.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/sports-personality/67714256
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: December 17, 2023, 12:46:59 am »

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #378 on: December 17, 2023, 01:53:04 am »
our king
our ONLY king

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: December 17, 2023, 02:21:46 am »
our king
our ONLY king
But we have an Egyptian King, too.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: December 17, 2023, 03:12:20 am »
 :champ  Love it

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: December 17, 2023, 08:44:36 am »
Awesome stuff!
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #382 on: December 17, 2023, 09:42:21 am »
Richly deserved. What a man.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #383 on: December 17, 2023, 09:47:34 am »
Thoroughly deserved. Kenny is a true legend on and off the pitch.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #384 on: December 17, 2023, 10:51:11 am »
Can't think of anyone who deserves this award more! Congratulations King Kenny
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: December 19, 2023, 08:54:49 pm »
That was a great little watch right now

Should be on iPlayer soon if anyone missed it.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: December 19, 2023, 08:56:07 pm »
That was a great little watch right now

Should be on iPlayer soon if anyone missed it.

Loved it when he said "it's not the taking part, it's the winning" 😂

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: December 19, 2023, 08:58:23 pm »
Well deserved, King Kenny!

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: December 19, 2023, 08:59:00 pm »
What a man.  We're lucky to have him.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #389 on: December 19, 2023, 09:06:05 pm »

"That's the best team I've got." ❤️ Sir Kenny Dalglish pays tribute to his family, before remembering those who lost their lives in the Hillsborough disaster.':-

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1737216946846753003 (5 minute video)

'Sports Personality of the Year: Sir Kenny Dalglish wins Lifetime Achievement award':-

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/sports-personality/67714256  (5 minute video)

'Sir Kenny Dalglish wins Lifetime Achievement award | Sports Personality of the Year 2023' - 5 minute video (same video as both the links above):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mD55_Vylm5M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/mD55_Vylm5M</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/mD55_Vylm5M

« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 12:11:30 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #390 on: December 19, 2023, 09:07:09 pm »
Always nice to see the greatest person in the world receive his just accolades.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #391 on: December 19, 2023, 09:09:32 pm »
What a man.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: December 19, 2023, 09:20:22 pm »

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #393 on: December 19, 2023, 09:43:23 pm »
Absolutely love him. What a man. What a beautiful human being. Special man at a special club.
YNWA

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #394 on: December 19, 2023, 09:45:10 pm »
Wow, that made me well up. What a man.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #395 on: December 19, 2023, 09:46:31 pm »
Brought a tear to my eye watching that.  Love the man.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: December 19, 2023, 09:49:29 pm »
Well in King Kenny.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #397 on: December 19, 2023, 10:01:08 pm »
That man is eternal. He truly is the supreme being and the absolute definition of the word icon.

The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #398 on: December 19, 2023, 10:26:59 pm »
Pure class.

Online number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: December 19, 2023, 10:27:39 pm »
I started going to the match as a very young kid in the 60's and so I was privileged to watch all of our great players over the decades. Without any shadow of doubt he is the greatest of them all. He has no peers. A great man and what a player.