Author Topic: Re: Arise Sir King Kenny *  (Read 50080 times)

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
Re: Arise Sir King Kenny *
« Reply #200 on: June 9, 2018, 10:28:20 am »
Get in there!

Sir Kenny: Thanks for all you've done and to cap it off with the 2012 League Cup was a fitting end to a stunning active career in the game that extended beyond the lawns of the football pitches.

Sir King sounds good to me :)
Linudden.

Offline Antoine Lavoisier

• Anny Roader
  • the torchlight red on sweaty faces
Re: Re: Arise Sir King Kenny *
« Reply #201 on: June 9, 2018, 10:30:25 am »
Dry your tears. If Kenny is happy, be happy for him.

No tears, just a sense of disappointment – I’ve no other way of expressing it.
And in short, I was afraid

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #202 on: June 9, 2018, 10:33:11 am »

Yep, someone being recognised for services and work to the people of a city and beyond after a disaster and charitable work for people who have suffered with cancer.

What a massive disappointment.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: June 9, 2018, 10:34:25 am »

Mate, I feel ya, I’ve already expressed it too, but as others have pointed out, he’s accepted it and it’s great that’s he’s got some of the recognition he deserves. Maybe he did turn it down while we didn’t have justice, and now he feels it’s ok to accept.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: June 9, 2018, 10:43:25 am »
Congrats #SirKenny well deserved

I hope you get banned for that abomination of a post.

As for the knighthood, I'd have preferred him to take a massive shite on it and throw it in Lizzie's face, but it's Kenny's decision.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: June 9, 2018, 10:47:17 am »
I hope you get banned for that abomination of a post.

As for the knighthood, I'd have preferred him to take a massive shite on it and throw it in Lizzie's face, but it's Kenny's decision.

I think you’ve quoted the wrong post...

Online hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #206 on: June 9, 2018, 10:48:20 am »
Up to KK, not my sort of thing, but if it makes him happy then I'm pleased for him and his family.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #207 on: June 9, 2018, 10:50:05 am »
It's a very tough one for anyone who is in essence opposed to the whole concept of the honours system. That said, there's been far too many "honours" condescendingly bestowed on some arseholes who've never given a thought to the plight of the millions far less fortunate in life than they and wouldn't know either a good-hearted human being or a true hero if they fell over one.

If the "Establishment" can determine that an out and out arsehole like Sugar deserved a Lordship, then for his real care and his never-flinching devotion to the pursuit of ultimate justice for the 96 dead and for the bereaved and suffering families, then Kenneth Mathieson Dalglish is more than worthy.

Like many have said, his recognition as sitting atop the pile has long since been accorded to him by the people who really matter - the people of Liverpool.
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: June 9, 2018, 10:59:12 am »
Fantastic news and I am very happy for him and his family   :)

Online Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: June 9, 2018, 11:08:30 am »
Fantastic news and I am very happy for him and his family   :)

His daughter is well chuffed. This is what makes me happy. Kenny is humbled by it, and he’s worth more than a knighthood. At least this goes a little way to show him how much he’s loved.

Offline Pie Eyed

• More like Eagle Eyed! Looking to sub Lfsea.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #210 on: June 9, 2018, 11:28:32 am »
Huge congratulations to Sir Kenny.

As others have already said, it's about 25 years too late, but better late than never, eh?

As a Republican myself, I am STILL made up for him - This for me is simply the establishment giving him the credit and respect that we have always known was due to him.

It seems so rare that a truly deserving individual is recognised in this way (which is one of the reasons for my republicanism), but I don't think that anyone would deny that Kenny and Marina deserve it (again, for me, Marina deserves at least 50% of everything outside of Kenny's footballing achievements).
« Last Edit: June 9, 2018, 11:33:52 am by Pie Eyed »
Jürgen Klopp (26 June 2020)
"We were good 4 years ago.  We were really good 3 years ago.  We were unbelievably good last year.  And this year it is absolutely exceptional.  Second to none that I know."

King Kenny to Jürgen (25 June 2020):
"I think your Da' must've been on our side during the war, because you seem like a scouser to me." :D

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: June 9, 2018, 11:32:39 am »
Brilliant. Nice to see him get the recognition and respect he deserves.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #212 on: June 9, 2018, 11:35:09 am »
Don't really like the Honours system but if Kenny and his family are happy with the knighthood then I am happy for them.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: June 9, 2018, 11:44:28 am »

You can’t Knight a King

Offline MadErik

• Legacy Fan
  • NS
« Reply #214 on: June 9, 2018, 11:44:50 am »
Delighted for him. Long overdue, but better late than never and if it makes Kenny and his family happy then we should all be happy for him.
"I was only in the game for the love of football -- and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool."

Offline Antoine Lavoisier

• Anny Roader
  • the torchlight red on sweaty faces
« Reply #215 on: June 9, 2018, 11:46:46 am »
Yep, someone being recognised for services and work to the people of a city and beyond after a disaster and charitable work for people who have suffered with cancer.

What a massive disappointment.

Don’t be silly.

There is nothing anyone on this earth can bestow upon Kenny Dalglish that will ever do that man justice. Nothing. But we, as scousers, certainly hold him in as high regard as any man who has ever lived and no outdated, contrived token from a rotten establishment can ever befit him – that man means as much to me as my own father and I say that with absolute sincerity. I genuinely love the man. He represents so much more than football or my team or my city – for crying out loud he represents the epitome of what I aspired to be, what I’d want my kids to be – a human being bursting with the love and compassion and humility and sheer bright beautiful light and gifts that make a mere mortal such as myself feel nothing but complete love and unending admiration. 

What he has done, what he means and the lives he has touched, the people he has helped, I guarantee you will outstrip anyone who has ever accepted this meaningless title. And yet, those on high who bestow it have somehow only just become aware of Kenny Dalglish. I despise them and everything they stand for.

But, Kenny, my idol, my captain, my King - any disappointment lies within me and not with you because I know you accept this with the love and grace and humility in the same way you have lead your entire life. You are a better man then I could ever be in a thousand lifetimes and this Knighthood is merely an indicator to the rest of the world, informing them of something we have known for forty years and more – that you are a giant amongst men.

And in short, I was afraid

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: June 9, 2018, 11:48:09 am »
Well deserved Sir!

Online Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: June 9, 2018, 11:50:51 am »
Don’t be silly.

There is nothing anyone on this earth can bestow upon Kenny Dalglish that will ever do that man justice. Nothing. But we, as scousers, certainly hold him in as high regard as any man who has ever lived and no outdated, contrived token from a rotten establishment can ever befit him – that man means as much to me as my own father and I say that with absolute sincerity. I genuinely love the man. He represents so much more than football or my team or my city – for crying out loud he represents the epitome of what I aspired to be, what I’d want my kids to be – a human being bursting with the love and compassion and humility and sheer bright beautiful light and gifts that make a mere mortal such as myself feel nothing but complete love and unending admiration. 

What he has done, what he means and the lives he has touched, the people he has helped, I guarantee you will outstrip anyone who has ever accepted this meaningless title. And yet, those on high who bestow it have somehow only just become aware of Kenny Dalglish. I despise them and everything they stand for.

But, Kenny, my idol, my captain, my King - any disappointment lies within me and not with you because I know you accept this with the love and grace and humility in the same way you have lead your entire life. You are a better man then I could ever be in a thousand lifetimes and this Knighthood is merely an indicator to the rest of the world, informing them of something we have known for forty years and more – that you are a giant amongst men.

:thumbup

Offline Red-juvenated

• Legacy Fan
  • "Normal One"
« Reply #218 on: June 9, 2018, 12:20:33 pm »
Well deserved national and world-wide recognition.
He will always be remembered as King at Liverpool.
Doubters to Believers

Offline vegasred23

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #219 on: June 9, 2018, 12:29:54 pm »
Genuinely love him. Class personified, well in Sir Kenny.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #220 on: June 9, 2018, 12:29:57 pm »
Don’t be silly.

Good post.

You should of just posted that in the first place, ye nugget.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #221 on: June 9, 2018, 12:35:50 pm »
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: June 9, 2018, 02:41:15 pm »
Don’t be silly.

Top post that mate, says exactly how I feel about it.

As others have said it's not my thing but anything thing Kenny chooses to do is fine by me.
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: June 9, 2018, 03:21:01 pm »
American here, can you knight a King?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/jWT6t2SsLy0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/jWT6t2SsLy0</a>

Indeed you can

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #224 on: June 9, 2018, 04:52:09 pm »
A great player, an even greater man – why Kenny Dalglish deserves his knighthood

henry winter, chief football writer

Kenny Dalglish was sitting in the small room leading to his study at his neat home in Southport, struggling to talk about Hillsborough. Too personal, too soon. Even as we spoke in 1996, he couldn’t articulate the individual and communal grief. He wouldn’t think about the toll the personal disaster wrought, leading him to drink more, suffer from stress-related blotches on his body and eventually leave Liverpool to save his physical and mental health. Dalglish thought only of the Hillsborough families.

He thought only of those parents who wished beloved offspring well as they set off on a sunlit day towards Sheffield on April 15, 1989, for an FA Cup semi-final against Nottingham Forest at Hillsborough, a famous old English ground turned into death-trap for 96 innocents and countless others injured by the authorities’ shameful neglect.

He thought briefly of his own momentary tremor of paternal fear that his son, Paul, had gone through the Leppings Lane End with a friend but carried on, through the paddocks where so many Liverpool fans were later crushed. Paul was safe. But it is Dalglish’s response to Hillsborough, immediately comforting fans and families, and his eternal compassion that defines him as a great man, an altruistic servant to club and community. Nobody would walk alone with Dalglish around. He was there for them, whatever the cost to his mind and body.

And so the myriad plaudits for Dalglish’s deserved knighthood read, “He selflessly made himself available to the families of the bereaved, attending most of the funerals, organising hospital visits, and attending annual memorial services held at Anfield. He has been a steadfast supporter of the families in their quest for justice and throughout the Hillsborough Inquiry.” My God, Kenny Dalglish did more than that. He fought for them. He took on the FA, Fleet Street and the Establishment. Dalglish did the right thing.

He did it to support the parents, sensing as a family man how wretchedly impossible it must be to bury your own. It was why Dalglish found it so difficult to open up when we came to the Hillsborough part of the first book that I helped him write. I delayed chronicling this deeply emotional passage of his life to the last moment, hoping to have built up enough trust by then. Dalglish just sat there, fidgeting, deflecting.

Then Marina glided through, handing her husband a glass of white wine, reminding Kenny quite forcibly of all the countless letters from Hillsborough families in boxes under their bed upstairs, profusely thanking him for being there for them, for showing support. Marina told Kenny he owed it to the families to deliver the truth. And so it began.

And this is why Dalglish deserves this knighthood. Not for his myriad feats as a sublime, intelligent, prolific forward for Celtic, Liverpool — “and could he play!” — and Scotland. Anyone of sound mind would place him alongside Sir Bobby Charlton, George Best, Bobby Moore and John Charles in the revered firmament of greatest British players of all time. Nor for his managerial accomplishments of winning the English title with two teams (Liverpool and Blackburn Rovers). No. King Kenny should be Sir Kenny for his stature as a man, for his principles, for being strong for his community when most needed. For doing the right thing.

And so, after a long pause, watching Marina serenely vacate the room, Kenny spoke. And as the tape silently turned, he began: “I’ll never, never forget 15 April, 1989.” He paused again. This was huge, from the bottom of his heart. “I cannot even think of the name Hillsborough, cannot even say the word, without so many distressing memories flooding back.”

And then it flowed, a dam breached, the torrent spilling into the tape, as Dalglish spoke with barely contained anger of the “terrible mistakes of the authorities, both police and football, [that] ended with 96 of our supporters dead”. The chapter ran to 10,000 words, recorded largely verbatim. As a ghost-writer, there felt no need to enhance his words, simply transcribe and spread them across the page, the pain in print.

For all his phenomenal achievements, and I was in the Shed with Chelsea mates in 1986 when Dalglish scored a sumptuous volley to guide Liverpool towards the ‘double’, it is Hillsborough that defines Dalglish. When a club required a beacon, a source of comfort and hope, Dalglish stepped up for Liverpool. They’ll never walk alone. He was there for them. He supported the supporters.

At one point, Kenny and Marina went to so many funerals they needed a police escort. When they returned to Southport, slumping drained on the sofa, bereft and speechless at the loss suffered by other parents, they found themselves singing Abide With Me. They’d heard it so often at funerals. They went as a family to Anfield, laying floral tributes on that famous grass fast disappearing under a cloth of wreaths.

One morning, at a deserted Anfield, Kenny tied one of his children’s teddy bears around a goalpost. When a club-appointed psychologist knocked on his door, asking whether he needed help, Dalglish politely turned him away. He was doing the right thing, solely concentrating on the grief-stricken. He helped organise players to go to funerals to “read from the scriptures”.

He deserves this knighthood. As a player he did the right thing, linking and scoring. As a man and as a manager, he did the right thing at Hillsborough. When we talked, he was still numb. Remember, this was 1996. Dalglish knew the Establishment strived to cover up calamitous police mistakes. He knew parts of the media were culpable and complicit. Dalglish knew the real truth.

An introverted, slightly chippy but driven kid from Glasgow, Dalglish always questioned the London Establishment, wondering why the great Bob Paisley was never knighted, suspecting arrogance in Whitehall, and loathing elements of Fleet Street, particularly Kelvin MacKenzie, the contemptuous editor of The Sunwho ran that poisonous, inaccurate and hugely damaging front-page headline of “The Truth” about Liverpool fans’ behaviour at Hillsborough. Dalglish knew right from wrong, knew that Liverpool fans were being vilified unduly.

At a time under Margaret Thatcher when this country swelled its wallets and lost its moral compass, Dalglish knew his north, south, east and west.

Even now, Westminster, Whitehall and the Hampstead intellectual and media elite lack a connection with the nation that Dalglish has, lack his family values.

To understand Dalglish is to understand the power of family. His footballing family is important, whether Celtic, Liverpool, Blackburn or Scotland, and he was the king of dressing room repartee, but it is the flesh and blood, his wife and four children that shape Kenny.

He’d be lost without Marina, his rock. His four children, Paul, Kelly, Lauren and Lynsey, are all different characters, all real characters, and are his world. I’ve been in his kitchen in Southport when Paul’s car has broken down in Texas, and Kenny has co-ordinated recovery operations from 5,000 miles away. Sir Kenny cares.

‘I thought it was the taxman’
Kenny Dalglish accepted his knighthood in the Queen’s birthday honours yesterday with a typical mix of humility and humour by joking that, when the citation dropped through his letter box, he thought it was a tax bill. He dedicated the honour to his family and those involved in his career, but did admit that it “doesn’t feel right” (Paul Joyce writes).

He said: “I opened it and I saw a wee bit of the crown and I thought, ‘We better have a look at this.’ I thought it was the taxman.”

The 67-year-old was known as “King Kenny” during his playing career with Liverpool and Celtic, but now has the full title of Sir Kenneth Mathieson Dalglish. Recognition has been bestowed not simply for a glittering career as a player and a manager but for the support he, and his family, offered in the aftermath of the Hillsborough disaster in 1989 and for his charity work. He and his wife, Marina, have raised more than £10 million.

“Obviously it takes everything you have done in your life into consideration,” Dalglish said. “Football was part of it and a very important part of it. So is the charity that we have in Marina’s name and obviously Hillsborough must have been part of it as well. Someone in their wisdom has thought it was deserving of some recognition. I am hugely proud to have accepted the accolade. It is hugely humbling but also very gratifying.

“You start off in your life just hoping to be a footballer. You become a footballer and have a bit of success and that seems to give you a platform to go on to other things. We only set out to do the best we possibly could, even through all the other stuff. The charity or Hillsborough; it was to help people because somebody helped us.”

Dalglish was quick to credit the people who have influenced his life on a journey from being the son of an engineer in Glasgow to a knight of the realm.

“All I can say is that from my own point of view I am definitely no more deserving of an accolade like this than Jock Stein, Bill Shankly and Bob Paisley were,” he added. “I would like to dedicate this honour to them because without the standards that they set at Glasgow Celtic and Liverpool, individuals like myself would not have been able to thrive as much as we did.”
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: June 9, 2018, 05:01:30 pm »
Don't really like the Honours system but if Kenny and his family are happy with the knighthood then I am happy for them.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #226 on: June 9, 2018, 05:08:22 pm »
Congratulations to a man who personifies the spirit of the club.

It's a pity some can't just accept the recognition he's getting without trotting out their views, right or wrong.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #227 on: June 9, 2018, 05:42:38 pm »
Wow! Absolutely brilliant news!

Arise, Sir!
« Last Edit: June 9, 2018, 06:01:10 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #228 on: June 9, 2018, 05:55:48 pm »
They must rename the stand again, I reckon.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #229 on: June 9, 2018, 06:02:32 pm »
Proud to be a season ticket holder in the Sir Kenny Dalglish Stand.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Online norecat

• Kopite
« Reply #230 on: June 9, 2018, 06:21:04 pm »
To my mind Kenny Dalglish is the greatest club manager in the history of the game. Sure others have won more trophies but Kenny did something that transcends mere sport. He kept an iconic sporting institution together in its darkest hour. He consoled the city of Liverpool in one of its darkest hours. He put the welfare of families devastated by Hillsborough before his own welfare. He subsequently joined the families of those devastated by Hillsborough in their fight for justice. At every step of the way Kenny carried himself with his customary dignity and innate decency. His honor is well due and well deserved.

On the minor note of winning trophies as a club manager, Kenny aged 34, only went and made club managerial history in his first season winning the double. Considering giants of the game ie Shankly, Paisley and Fagan preceded him that was some feat.
As if that wasn’t enough he took a side from a town in Lancashire, Blackburn, and built a title winning side from scratch. Sure he was bankrolled, but that in itself does not guarantee success.

As if all of the above isn’t impressive enough he can look back on a playing career which sees him regarded as the greatest player in the history of Liverpool Football Club. I feel like I have just written a movie script!

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #231 on: June 9, 2018, 09:19:57 pm »
About fucking time he got the recognition he deserves.  Not that it was wanted or required.

A bit farcical that it took so long.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: June 9, 2018, 09:24:03 pm »
About fucking time he got the recognition he deserves.  Not that it was wanted or required.

A bit farcical that it took so long.

Not really, we don't know why it took this long. I'm surprised Kenny even accepted it, but as the truth is now known, he might have felt more able to accept it.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
Re: Arise Sir King Kenny
« Reply #233 on: June 9, 2018, 09:47:31 pm »
I'm not eloquent enough to say what he means to me and I dare say many more beyond; but what this man has done for my club on and off the field, this city and it's people, is unwritable and unlivable considering the highs and the lows.

A king, a legend, a hero, in many's eye's, but a humble and polite man to those that know him best. His wife and his family must be truly proud and this is a reflection on all of them. 

Sir Kenny Dalglish - The King of the Kop

This sums up my feelings perfectly  :thumbup
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: June 10, 2018, 06:48:45 am »
Its long overdue.....finally i can say it. Sir Kenny (i still prefer King Kenny though  ;D)
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: November 16, 2018, 01:21:07 pm »
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #236 on: November 16, 2018, 01:30:40 pm »
Didn’t realise this was today. Just seen him on the news and he was his usual self-effacing, humble self. Him and his family looked very proud :)

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: November 16, 2018, 01:38:16 pm »
^ Agree.
Saw this interview and just to hear the sheer humility of the man, giving credit to his and Marina's parents for bringing them up to help people rather than harm them, brought a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye.

Compare him with the current crop of self -aggrandising politicians. There is no comparison.

Thank you Sir Kenny.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #238 on: November 16, 2018, 01:39:50 pm »
Delighted for him. Honestly never thought this would happen

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: November 16, 2018, 01:56:19 pm »
 :champ
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017