Author Topic: EL: Ata 0 vs 1 Liv (3-1) Mo 7’  (Read 18021 times)

Offline Damian V

• Anny Roader
Re: EL: Ata 0 vs 1 Liv (3-1) Mo 7’
« Reply #280 on: April 18, 2024, 10:04:58 pm »
Over 360 minutes without a goal from open play now?
You get a gift like that in the opening 10 minutes but then they prefer to play the game with 4 players, passing it between Alisson, VVD, Konate and Mac Allister. Uninspired, passive, no movement, no positives really.

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: April 18, 2024, 10:04:58 pm »
None of the forwards and midfielders showed the required movement in the second half. They were uniformly awful, the subs as bad as the starters. Just no-one showing for a pass, or chasing down a loose ball, at all.

The passing and crossing into the box, on the few times we managed to get that high, was also incredibly poor. Jota still looks a mile away from being fit.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #282 on: April 18, 2024, 10:05:04 pm »
How is this the same football team that had City on the ropes a few weeks ago? We've regressed so badly that we look like last season's absolutely broken team.

We are in for a long, long road again. Fuck me.

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #283 on: April 18, 2024, 10:05:06 pm »
The midfield was poor today. No one helping in the buildup play.  Touch the ball then run upfront leaving no assistance in the midfield and the defenders an Mac Allister to do all the work. There were so many times when their players got caught out of position but the sight of one man running at them caused individual players to shit their pants. Smarter players would have taken advantage of that rush defense.
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: April 18, 2024, 10:05:07 pm »
Can someone tell the lads that there is still 18 points to play for and

6 clean sheets

6 goals - a goal a game

Would probably win you the league…

Or you can just piss off to the Euros or get to a beach
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #285 on: April 18, 2024, 10:05:14 pm »
Some players couldn’t be arsed. Wouldn’t be disappointed if we had a clear out of some of the bigger names and fresh faces brought in.

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: April 18, 2024, 10:05:15 pm »
Looking for people to pass to but they are hiding.

A few english teams this week have looked awful at passing the ball. Moving off the ball and pressing up the field.

100%. Terrible control, movement and passing. One touch quick passing with good movement would have cut them apart, but we are incapable of doing that. They all seem to have no clue where each other are. 

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #287 on: April 18, 2024, 10:05:15 pm »
Let's be honest here. That's the season over. We will probably win out in the league but it wontbe enough.
Not even confident we win sunday never mind the other five
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline seandundee16

• Main Stander
« Reply #288 on: April 18, 2024, 10:05:39 pm »
That was a lame duck performance particularly second half. You would have thought we were playing a pre season friendly and not to stay in Europe. A lot of these players have big questions to answer, you’d have to wonder if some of them are playing for the manager or if they are just completely empty. Our season looks very much like it might fizzle out because form can’t be just turned on and off like a tap.

Offline Markus_12

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
« Reply #289 on: April 18, 2024, 10:05:40 pm »
After Salah missed his chance, we tucked our tails between our legs and just waited for the game to end. The whole group looks the last couple of weeks has just killed all of their confidence.

Online Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: April 18, 2024, 10:05:45 pm »
We just seem to want to pass our way toward the oppos penalty spot. its all a bit predictable.

Which is a problem, because none of our players can pass at the moment. Or run, or dribble, or shoot for that matter.

It is incredible, this drop in form. We've suddenly lost all elements of our game, but most worryingly, we've lost our fire. This looks like a beaten team at the moment. I don't get it.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #291 on: April 18, 2024, 10:05:51 pm »
I don't understand why supposed weaker sides know how to attack quickly with one touch passing. And yet we always have to stop and go back across the penalty area.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: April 18, 2024, 10:05:51 pm »
What were the Atlanta fans singing throughout the game 😂 Felt like they were singing only fools and horses no income tax no vat for an hour solid
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: April 18, 2024, 10:05:56 pm »
We look cooked, no heart, confidence or discipline in our game. Seems like the season can’t finish soon enough for some of them.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: April 18, 2024, 10:05:58 pm »
Samie may be happy with that but I'm not. You'd have thought we were the team defending a three-goal lead. Or alternatively, that they were the experienced European club and we were the overawed ingenues. Either way, that's the first match in years where I've felt embarrassed.

I know we've traditionally had issues with Italian or Spanish clubs but this was different, we were just clueless. Did we even have a shot on goal the second half? I lost count of how many times we ballooned balls over our midfield and attack straight to their defenders or goalkeeper. People flag up the Chelsea game in 2014 as a low point but at least we had a small chance of scoring as the match went on. I don't know what this was, apart from sobering.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: April 18, 2024, 10:06:06 pm »
This will come across as bad losing, but there’s a stench about that Atalanta team. As in Russia 2018 stench. You can argue all you like about tactics and performance but I’ve never seen a team utterly dominate us physically for 3 hours like that. Zappacosta made a full pitch run on about 88 mins that a fresh Cafu would gawk at.

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: April 18, 2024, 10:06:11 pm »
A hard watch that.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #297 on: April 18, 2024, 10:06:18 pm »
I'm actually more upset with that performance than I was with the first leg. I can put the first leg shambles down to rampant complacency and a bad day at the office coupled with a competent and willing opposition. Tonight, there was no excuse really.

They were there for the taking in the first half and we could have at least levelled the tie only for awful decision making in the final third and some awful finishing.

The second half. Well what can you say? Slow. Ponderous. Aimless. Pissing around at the back. Alisson seemingly having most of our possession as he strolled around, sometimes higher up the pitch than our last defender, before punting an aimless ball forward.

It has to be said that Atalanta deserved to go through. They may be an average Italian side, but we had no answer whatsoever to their play. The tie overall was a train wreck from our perspective.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 10:08:03 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline spicer81

• Boys Pen
« Reply #298 on: April 18, 2024, 10:06:27 pm »
Legs have just fallen off. That, combined with reintegrating those that have been out injured and this team just looks a mess. Levels below where they were in previous months. A real shame to be in this state at this stage of the season.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: April 18, 2024, 10:06:34 pm »
We haven’t scored from open play in 4 games

This.

It's very unklopp like.

Long balls and crosses into the box.

It's a sign that the team are out of ideas.

You cannot hide with the performances.

Offline Syntexity

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: April 18, 2024, 10:06:41 pm »
Another really poor performance (second half). We have got it badly wrong over two games. But we have got the slump at the worst time, completely derailed our season. Too many injuries have hurt us and stopped our momentum dead on. Mainly it looks like we lack matchwinner up front. Salahs form is downright terrible. And the other lads are talented, but its not the same as the front three we had. They lived for these kind of games and moments. The cutting edge is missing, and we look knackered.

Thought the ref was shite. That handball in the first half, on purpose stopping Diaz from getting a one on one. The time wasting he allowed and only adding three minutes. The constant fouls he missed and yellows he ignored. It all didnt help. But if Salah slots home the second then Atalanta might have had some doubts creeping in. We messed it up all on our own.

In the end, not good enough and Atalanta deserved to go through. They wanted it more, fought harder and sacrificed. It was there for sll too see. Wish them luck, hopefully for them it was not just this game.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #301 on: April 18, 2024, 10:06:49 pm »
Tepid. Lifeless. Not the slightest sense of desire or urgency. We've been very bad for quite a few weeks now.
No need to get personal. Poor Tepid
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline M7 Heckler

• Anny Roader
« Reply #302 on: April 18, 2024, 10:07:02 pm »

Yes, nice to get a win but a bit meaningless when Atalanta were perfectly happy to lose to that scoreline.

Yes and if they weren’t happy with losing 1-0 it would have been a different game today, and we would have got more space deep in midfield.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: April 18, 2024, 10:07:14 pm »
Thought it was over last week but the final nail was the Mo chance. Our forwards are just in stinking form at the moment. The season is one more bad result from being over, it’s sad but there’s a foundation to build on next season with a new set up. The Klopp era is almost over and it’s a pathetic way for him to go out but we’ll remember only the good times in the end.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Online Buster Gonad

• Kopite
« Reply #304 on: April 18, 2024, 10:07:20 pm »
Penalty was a bit harsh but they're given these days I suppose.  But even that gift didn't do much for us. We're just flat as fuck. Probably finding our level which to be fair is pretty high after last year. Pity we couldn't win one more.
And I'm aware We're still in the title race but let's be honest, we're battling for 2nd there.

Online Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: April 18, 2024, 10:07:23 pm »
Given our form every team we play in the league will be smelling blood and gleefully contemplating the chance to end our lingering title hopes. And we look a bit like we’re feeling sorry for ourselves to be honest.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #306 on: April 18, 2024, 10:07:28 pm »
I don't understand why supposed weaker sides know how to attack quickly with one touch passing. And yet we always have to stop and go back across the penalty area.

This. What on earth has happened to us? Jurgen Klopps Heavy Metal Football is now slow as tar and involves just putting your foot on the ball and passing backwards so you don't make a mistake or try anything creative.

Quite frankly, it's shit.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #307 on: April 18, 2024, 10:07:28 pm »
Wtf was with Ali holding on to the ball? Same with Kelleher last week

We haven't got a six who can drop in receive the ball.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: April 18, 2024, 10:07:30 pm »
It's almost as if some of these players suspect they'll be shipped out under a new man and have just stopped giving a fuck anymore.

I don't think its that. I think they just aren't as good as they (and previously us) thought they were. The only mentality monster at the club is Klopp, and once he's gone i think we are going to get an idea of the true level of some of these guys, and theres a few who are going to be shown up.

At the moment i'm more worried about being able to cement 3rd place.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #309 on: April 18, 2024, 10:07:32 pm »
0 innovation to our game. Players and coaches should feel ashamed.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: April 18, 2024, 10:07:33 pm »
What is the point of Curtis Jones? You need a goal, surley Elliott in the middle would be a better option. Subs didn't really work either

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
« Reply #311 on: April 18, 2024, 10:07:44 pm »
Balls
I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #312 on: April 18, 2024, 10:07:45 pm »
We need new ideas. The template is now clear. Mark our players tightly and the don’t have the ability to lose the marker and string passes together.
#JFT97

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: April 18, 2024, 10:07:55 pm »
Did Jota actually retain posession once?

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #314 on: April 18, 2024, 10:08:02 pm »
Congrats to Atalanta.

Encouraging 1st half for us but poor 2nd half...we looked increasingly frustrated and out of ideas.

Green shoots to take from that is a win and a clean sheet.
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Online RedBlakey

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #315 on: April 18, 2024, 10:08:12 pm »
Some players couldn’t be arsed. Wouldn’t be disappointed if we had a clear out of some of the bigger names and fresh faces brought in.

It’s risky but with Edwards back I’d be a bit more confident. Definitely feels like we need a freshen up.
Never seen him playing I think. But looks like a good player.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #316 on: April 18, 2024, 10:08:24 pm »
If you're passing between the centre backs and keeper at 60 minutes and it isn't working then why continue that on 70 minutes and then 80 minutes. It's NOT WORKING do something else. I'd rather see us lose going down fighting than tamely going out with a whimper. You had nothing to lose, most people (myself included) thought we were already out. This was Klopp's last European game in charge of Liverpool but you'd never know it on that performance.

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #317 on: April 18, 2024, 10:08:32 pm »
Even Mac was poor.
The midfield looked so clueless. What was the plan?

And the subs were terrible, all of them

Offline RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #318 on: April 18, 2024, 10:08:52 pm »
Piss poor. Season is over. Alot of players waiting for the new man it seems.

Not quite over

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #319 on: April 18, 2024, 10:08:58 pm »
I'm off to listen to Morrissey and I fucking hate Morrissey.

Fucking Morissey? I'd rather spend the day in bed.
alf a pound of braeburns!