Author Topic: 2030 World Cup: Uruguay, Argentina, Paraguay, Spain, Portugal and Morocco  (Read 9318 times)

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Doesn't the previous winner qualify also?  Could have 7 spots taken already.
Not anymore. Argentina is currently in World Cup qualifying

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

That got stopped a while ago mate. I think France in 2002 were the last to get that special treatment.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
They got rid of that starting in 2006.

But hey, on the plus side, for 2034 there'll be 47 qualification places.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
Even Portugal don't have that many really big stadiums, the one they play the Portuguese cup final in is a joke and looks exactly the same as when Celtic won the European Cup there in 1967. You need at least a 50 thousand seater I'd imagine?

True, Portugal has only got three ready to go/no change needed, UEFA 4 star stadiums:

Porto's Estádio do Dragão with capacity of 50,033
Sporting's Estádio José Alvalade with a capacity of 50,095
Benfica's Estádio da Luz with a capacity of 64,642

The Stadiums in Aveiro and Faro are next biggest but they are only low 30K stadiums so wouldn't be suitable, would need work to expand. The problem in Portugal is outside the big 3 the stadium attendances are very low so they don't expand.

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
Shambles of a decision.

It's like they are trying to ruin the game. I can't remember the last time i looked forward to a world cup, then again i am Irish  :P
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Booze And Glory

• Main Stander
It also means that Saudi Arabia have a clear shot to host 2034 (unless the Aussies want to get involved).

It stinks to high heaven.

Australia should be automatically given the 2034 world cup if they want it, due to missing out on the last one as a result
of backhanders and brown envelopes

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
True, Portugal has only got three ready to go/no change needed, UEFA 4 star stadiums:

Porto's Estádio do Dragão with capacity of 50,033
Sporting's Estádio José Alvalade with a capacity of 50,095
Benfica's Estádio da Luz with a capacity of 64,642

The Stadiums in Aveiro and Faro are next biggest but they are only low 30K stadiums so wouldn't be suitable, would need work to expand. The problem in Portugal is outside the big 3 the stadium attendances are very low so they don't expand.

Which other stadiums did they use for Euro 2004? Didn’t they build lots of new stadiums for that? I guess capacities probably didn’t need to be as big.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Which other stadiums did they use for Euro 2004? Didn’t they build lots of new stadiums for that? I guess capacities probably didn’t need to be as big.

No, they wouldn't have needed to have been as big for a Euros tournament. In fact, it's only a 30000 seater needed to host a match in Germany 2024 (Wikipedia: Germany had a wide choice of stadiums that satisfied UEFA's minimum capacity requirement of 30,000 seats for European Championship matches.)

Think Braga's stadium was used in that one and they built a purpose made one where Portugal and Gibraltar still use to this day. I can't imagine they'd be able to use more than the three stadiums listed above with 50k+ capacities. Spain will have plenty and I imagine Morocco have a few themselves. For the 2026 tournament most of them are in America while Canada and Mexico only have a 2/3 each.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler

Just did some research, below is the list of what was build back home, with pics, for 2004, Fuck Greece btw  :'(

https://www.stadiumguide.com/tournaments/uefa-euro-2004/

The Euro stadium requirements which Portugal fulfilled/still has, capacity wise are below with a note showing the diff between WC and Euros...

1 stadium with 60,000 seats (for World Cup this is 80,000)
1 stadium (preferably 2) with 50,000 seats (2-4 of 60,000 seaters needed for QF stage)
4 stadiums with 40,000 seats (this is the minimum capacity for ALL WC stadiums at any stage of the comp)
3 stadiums with 30,000 seats  (wouldn't be allowed, too low capacity)

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
No, they wouldn't have needed to have been as big for a Euros tournament. In fact, it's only a 30000 seater needed to host a match in Germany 2024 (Wikipedia: Germany had a wide choice of stadiums that satisfied UEFA's minimum capacity requirement of 30,000 seats for European Championship matches.)

Think Braga's stadium was used in that one and they built a purpose made one where Portugal and Gibraltar still use to this day. I can't imagine they'd be able to use more than the three stadiums listed above with 50k+ capacities. Spain will have plenty and I imagine Morocco have a few themselves. For the 2026 tournament most of them are in America while Canada and Mexico only have a 2/3 each.

Here are the list of Stadiums for 2030, Portugal literally only using their 3 big ones and nothing else, Morocco putting up 5 stadiums (a brand new one in Casablanca which will be 80-93,000 seater aka massive white elephant post WC as their average attendance is 9-10,000) and Spain leading with 15

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2030_FIFA_World_Cup

« Last Edit: October 6, 2023, 02:15:26 pm by PhilV »

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
Here are the list of Stadiums for 2030, Portugal literally only using their 3 big ones and nothing else, Morocco putting up 5 stadiums (a brand new one in Casablanca which will be 80-93,000 seater aka massive white elephant post WC as their average attendance is 9-10,000) and Spain leading with 15

Sid Lowe points out that Spain have chosen for the Sevilla stadium their useless one with the athletics track used for the 2003 UEFA Cup final and Euro 2021, rather than the rather excellent Sevilla FC or Real Betis stadiums.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Sid Lowe points out that Spain have chosen for the Sevilla stadium their useless one with the athletics track used for the 2003 UEFA Cup final and Euro 2021, rather than the rather excellent Sevilla FC or Real Betis stadiums.

No need for that at all. The athletics one looks like a rubbish place to watch a big game of football whereas Betis have a modern looking 60 thousand seater.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler

Side note that the design picked for the improvement of the Real Betis stadium is very cool:

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
No need for that at all. The athletics one looks like a rubbish place to watch a big game of football whereas Betis have a modern looking 60 thousand seater.

The Estadio Olímpico (with the athletics track) is shite for watching football but it seems to be the mayor's pet project to make it profitable. There have been several major finals there in the last few years and there are concerts and festivals on every weekend at the moment. Source: I can see it from my balcony.

The Betis stadium is a shithole but they have a plan to completely modernise it by 2026 (see picture above). But until that gets off the ground it's hard to predict if it will really be ready before 2030. The Sevilla has had a face-lift in the last few years but is still quite old but apparently there is a plan for a new ground that won't be ready by 2030 so I guess it's out of the running.
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
Australia were given 25 days to prepare a bid for a World Cup 11 years away? Seems legit.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
Thank Christ I’ll have likely lost interest in football by 2034. Can spend that summer Christmas doing something else.

Offline Party Phil

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
Fifa’s relaxed stadium rule clears path for Saudi Arabia to host 2034 World Cup

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/oct/09/fifa-stadium-rule-relaxed-saudi-arabia-world-cup-2034

Well at least FIFA can't be accused of not being transparent about the selection process for 2034.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
It's beyond obvious.
Anyone planning to watch this shitshow at this stage is complicit. Don't come around and complain about Saudis and Abu Dhabi buying the league, then turn around and casually enjoy your World Cup built on blod money. Ah it only comes around every four years. It's just a bit of fun anyway. It's what I've always done. Yeah, no. Watching the World Cup at this point in time is supporting despotic regimes and rewarding corruption. So don't.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
It's beyond obvious.
Anyone planning to watch this shitshow at this stage is complicit. Don't come around and complain about Saudis and Abu Dhabi buying the league, then turn around and casually enjoy your World Cup built on blod money. Ah it only comes around every four years. It's just a bit of fun anyway. It's what I've always done. Yeah, no. Watching the World Cup at this point in time is supporting despotic regimes and rewarding corruption. So don't.

Agreed I didnt watch a single minute of Qatar but I guess it helps if like me you arent that bothered about international footy.

Its obvious its already a done deal maybe this time people can "educate" them on HR we'll hear about that dance again but when it comes to it radio silence.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: FIFA Investigated by FBI
« Reply #99 on: October 31, 2023, 06:55:25 am »
Well there we have it.

Only one country has applied for the World Cup in 2034.  Saudi Arabia.

Why? Because there was no lint in anyone else applying as it was a stitch up.

Congratulations Saudi Arabia. I don’t know how you pulled it off.

Let’s not forget that fifa brought the process forwards three years without warning anyone (surely not Saudi?!) so no one had time to prepare anything
« Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 07:01:47 am by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Re: FIFA Investigated by FBI
« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2023, 07:04:08 am »
Who cares honestly. After watching the way most people reacted to Qatar WC, which let’s not forget followed a WC in Russia - it was clear that most simply don’t care and will continue to tune in even if their next WC was held in North Korea. People are cattle and deserve FIFA. Saudi Arabia will be just fine. I’m sure it will be so softened up by Jordan Henderson, that in 2034 it will feel like going to a stag weekend in Amsterdam.

Offline AllyouneedisRush

• One leg, musical nostrils, itchy crotch. Is actually Louis Walsh.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: 2030 World Cup: Uruguay, Argentina, Paraguay, Spain, Portugal and Morocco
« Reply #101 on: October 31, 2023, 07:51:30 am »
Australia pull out of bidding for the 2034 World Cup... leaving Saudi as the only potential hosts left in the running...
« Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 07:57:24 am by AllyouneedisRush »
Justice 97 - YNWA

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: October 31, 2023, 07:58:46 am »
Australia pulled out of hosting the 2034 World Cup... leaving Saudi as the only potential hosts left in the running...

In breaking news 'Australia has signed a $34b deal to supply eskys to the Neom Project',
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: October 31, 2023, 10:25:29 am »
Australia pull out of bidding for the 2034 World Cup... leaving Saudi as the only potential hosts left in the running...

They were saying before about the reason Aus/NZ would pull out would be because they didn't have enough stadiums. Wonder what the reason will be now.

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #104 on: October 31, 2023, 11:13:46 am »
They were saying before about the reason Aus/NZ would pull out would be because they didn't have enough stadiums. Wonder what the reason will be now.

Brown envelopes.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #105 on: October 31, 2023, 01:12:45 pm »
Does this mean another winter World Cup?
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #106 on: October 31, 2023, 01:20:22 pm »
Does this mean another winter World Cup?
Hell yeah
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #107 on: October 31, 2023, 01:21:25 pm »
Who cares honestly. After watching the way most people reacted to Qatar WC, which let’s not forget followed a WC in Russia - it was clear that most simply don’t care and will continue to tune in even if their next WC was held in North Korea. People are cattle and deserve FIFA. Saudi Arabia will be just fine. I’m sure it will be so softened up by Jordan Henderson, that in 2034 it will feel like going to a stag weekend in Amsterdam.

'North Korea could host World Cup — FIFA wants to ‘unite world,’ says Gianni Infantino' (from November 2022; during the Qatar World Cup):-

https://theathletic.com/3912874/2022/11/19/infantino-fifa-world-cup-qatar-north-korea (or in full, here - https://archive.ph/DLsUL)

Though you're spot on - short of pressuring the FIFA/WC sponsors again so much they speak up (like what happened to help finally bring Blatter down) - nothing will change.

'Infantino trying to sell FIFA's rights on everything to Saudis' / aka 'Infantino sociopath' thread - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=341515.0

« Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 01:36:30 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: October 31, 2023, 02:00:50 pm »
So obviously corrupt that no one basically gives a fuck any more - no media attention, no public uproar. Fucking sad and depressing

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: October 31, 2023, 03:35:07 pm »
So obviously corrupt that no one basically gives a fuck any more - no media attention, no public uproar. Fucking sad and depressing

Is it only people on this forum that ever discuss such matters?

I just get ignored or given a strange look if I ever mention sport washing or dodgy regimes owning football clubs.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: October 31, 2023, 03:40:22 pm »

No point them bidding when its a done deal.

At least Aussies/NZ have been smart enough to pull out instead of wasting millions.

Glad a country with a rich history of sport has got it get ready for 2038 in North Korea !

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: October 31, 2023, 03:46:53 pm »
Finger in the dam stuff now.

A good proportion of elite golfers tried but were ultimately sold out by the organisation they were trying to protect.  Footballers that seem to give a shit are few and far between (or at least those willing to speak out are few and far between).  All the rent-a-gobs that have so much to say every time a microphone is put under their nose had nothing to say when it came to the Qatar World Cup beyond a bit of moaning that it was going to be held in the winter.  As Eddie Howe demonstrated earlier today, there are so many high profile people involved in football on the Saudi payroll that we're going to get endless scripted bollocks about what great news this is.

I am very careful not to click through to any articles on the Saudi league or now the 2034 World Cup as I don't want to be another number in the ad clicks or the trend metrics.  Beyond that there's naff all I can do but bellyache on here.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #112 on: October 31, 2023, 04:00:33 pm »

So sad to see.

'Australia opts not to bid for 2034 World Cup in boost for Saudi Arabia hopes':-

FA out of running after taking ‘all factors into consideration’
Interest in 2026 Women’s Asian Cup and 2029 Club World Cup

www.theguardian.com/football/2023/oct/31/australia-2034-fifa-world-cup-no-bid-declines-football-australia & www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67271423

'A growing international bloc had thrown its weight behind a Saudi Arabia bid since Fifa announced the process for the 2034 tournament earlier this month. The tournament in 11 years will be hosted by a country in the Asian confederation, of which Australia is a part.

Within hours of Fifa’s announcement, Saudi Arabia issued its declaration of interest, and the president of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Sheikh Salman bin Ibrahim Al Khalifa, expressed his support for the country’s bid soon after.

Since then various federations have issued public statements of support, including Australia’s neighbour Indonesia. The AFC held its extraordinary congress where associations including Japan, Uzbekistan and India backed the Saudi bid.

Fifa president Gianni Infantino addressed the same meeting and called for “unity” among members. “You have a responsibility in this respect, you play an important role in this unity of the world, so I count on you in this respect,” he said.

The Saudi Arabian Football Federation has declared it now has support from over 100 of Fifa’s 211 member associations, which will vote to determine the host next year if a second bidder does emerge.'

'Saudi Arabia confirmed as sole bidder for 2034 men’s football World Cup':-

Fifa urged to pull plug if human rights commitments not met
Second World Cup in the Gulf in 12 years all but a formality

www.theguardian.com/football/2023/oct/31/saudi-arabia-2034-mens-world-cup-human-rights

'Saudi Arabia was confirmed on Tuesday as the sole bidder to host the 2034 men’s World Cup, raising concerns over Fifa’s ability to deliver on its human rights commitments.

After Australia decided against a bid, having been given a 25-day deadline by Fifa to express interest after the deadline was unexpectedly brought forward to 4pm GMT on Tuesday, the prospect of a second World Cup in the Gulf within 12 years is all but a formality. The lack of a competitive tender and the alacrity with which the process has been conducted, however, have prompted alarm among human rights groups. Amnesty International called on Fifa to pull the plug if human rights commitments were not fulfilled.

“Human rights commitments must be agreed with potential hosts before final decisions on holding the tournaments are made,” Steve Cockburn, Amnesty’s head of economic and social justice, said. “Fifa must now make clear how it expects hosts to comply with its human rights policies. It must also be prepared to halt the bidding process if serious human rights risks are not credibly addressed.

“The best chance for Fifa to obtain binding guarantees to protect workers’ rights, ensure freedom of expression and prevent discrimination linked to the World Cup is during the host selection process – not after the hosts have been confirmed and tournament preparation has begun.”'

This despite the recent revelations that Saudi border guards have engaged in an ongoing campaign of torture, rape, and killings of people attempting to cross it's border...

www.hrw.org/news/2023/08/21/saudi-arabia-mass-killings-migrants-yemen-border
www.france24.com/en/middle-east/20230821-crimes-beyond-imagination-saudi-border-guards-killed-hundreds-of-migrants-hrw-report-says
www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/saudi-border-guards-killed-hundreds-ethiopian-migrants-hrw-says-2023-08-21
www.theguardian.com/law/2023/aug/21/fired-on-like-rain-saudi-border-guards-accused-of-mass-killings-of-ethiopians
www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/08/21/saudi-arabia-human-rights-watch-yemen-ethiopia
https://edition.cnn.com/2023/08/21/middleeast/saudi-yemen-border-ethiopian-migrants-hrw-mime-intl/index.html

Sportswashing in action. Unquestioned and unopposed. Enabled and sanctioned by FIFA.

'The biggest stitch-up in sports history. With Australia out of the way, with no debate, no vote, but plenty of backroom deals, Infantino's Fifa will hand out the 2034 WC to Saudi Arabia today. Shame on the FAs enabling this, France, England & Home Nations very much included.'

^ https://twitter.com/PhilippeAuclair/status/1719287327216783851

'Saudi Arabia’s clear path to World Cup shows power of Fifa and Infantino':-

Saudi Arabia hosting the 2034 tournament has quickly become a certainty, even as the Gulf state’s wider ambitions remain unclear

www.theguardian.com/football/2023/oct/31/saudi-arabias-unobstructed-world-cup-path-displays-fifa-and-infantinos-power

'Last month Prince Mohammed declared his enthusiasm for the process of sportswashing as long as it meant he could “increase my GDP by way of 1%”.'

« Last Edit: November 1, 2023, 01:56:55 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #113 on: October 31, 2023, 04:15:42 pm »
I watched none of the last World Cup, didn’t really miss it. Seeing as it’s going there I think I’ll just bin it off altogether.

International footie is a poorer product and we’re not involved so I’m not that interested anymore, just spend my time hoping none of our lads get injured
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: October 31, 2023, 06:09:47 pm »
FIFA  are fuckin' so desperate for money.

Next World Cup hosts:

2026 — United States, Mexico, Canada

2030 — Morocco, Portugal, Spain, Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay

2034 — Saudi Arabia

Offline CortexVortex

• Main Stander
  • I'm so glad that Jürgen is a Red
« Reply #115 on: October 31, 2023, 06:35:44 pm »
It’s just disgusting. Oh well, another World Cup I’m not gonna watch means more time for other hobbies.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: October 31, 2023, 06:38:13 pm »
2038 - North Korea

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: October 31, 2023, 06:41:40 pm »
2038 - North Korea

Nah, they wouldn't be able to afford Fifa's fees, they refuse to overlook the policies of a nation unless they are paid enough to do so.

Offline Party Phil

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #118 on: October 31, 2023, 06:48:06 pm »
2038 Moon base Musk-X

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: October 31, 2023, 07:34:06 pm »
I admit watching the last world cup in Qatar, I felt boycotting it from my front room was pointless.
But I'd be more than willing to get involved in any sort of campaign that could be planned and the only one that I think could wok is for as many national supporters associations as possible to combine early and make sure any company that plans to sponsor 2034 in Saudi knows it's product, goods or services will be boycotted internationally.
That's the only but significant collective power available.