Author Topic: Premier League Fixtures 21st - 23rd January  (Read 26585 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: Premier League Fixtures 21st - 23rd January
« Reply #760 on: January 22, 2023, 06:52:31 pm »
My lad was at the Lewis Capaldi gig in Manchester in the week, Capaldi said he was playing in Liverpool the following night and the lad next to my lad shouted "murderers".
Sound alternative those c*nts.

Well as you know over the years mate, I'm a great fan of Manchester United and their fans :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #761 on: January 22, 2023, 06:53:04 pm »
If we're not in the title race for the next 3-4 years or however long a rebuild takes, I hope City win every single title until then.

Sportswashers? I couldn't give a fuck. Didn't hear any complaints from United, Arsenal and fans of others when we went toe to toe with them. They ALL wanted City to win it because a Liverpool title would be the death of football or some other such nonsense. It's bad for the game? Good. The worse it gets, maybe the more will wake up to it. Maybe City winning 6 or 7 titles on the trot will wake more people in positions of authority to do something about it. A one-off Arsenal win won't do shit in the grand scheme of things. Just look at the World Cup. The ultimate sportswashing event in the history of football and the world ate it up and enjoyed every second of it.

If you were in a fucking bar I'd buy you a pint right now.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #762 on: January 22, 2023, 06:53:25 pm »
We are not even playing Arsenal and they are slagging us off.

FUCK. THEM.

What is your problem kid?

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #763 on: January 22, 2023, 06:53:29 pm »

FUCK. THEM.

Are you taking the piss Andy, United fans sing about us at every game they play.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #764 on: January 22, 2023, 06:53:52 pm »

Most fans thought we'd be challenging City again, everyone thought worse case it would be top 4.

The Club has shown no signs that it saw this coming and where pro-active in looking to stay ahead of the curve. Its not the main reason, its played a part and assuming we'll just be back again shouldn't be taken for granted.

Then those fans were complacent as well. At the end of the day no one reigns at the top out of right, and far from taking it for granted, all I actually want is for a decent football team and watch them develop. It's as much about the journey for me than just staying at the top and winning things.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #765 on: January 22, 2023, 06:54:05 pm »
Well then we can die happy knowing you saw your side, in the past 5 years, win the lot.

We can all die happy having seen that.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #766 on: January 22, 2023, 06:54:33 pm »
Are you taking the piss Andy, United fans sing about us at every game they play.

It's been strange on here today.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #767 on: January 22, 2023, 06:54:34 pm »

FUCK. THEM.

A couple of Arsenal fans ffs? Who's arsed. Manc fans sing about us most weeks.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #768 on: January 22, 2023, 06:54:53 pm »

Right. But we are actual rivals.

Why the fuck are Arsenal fans going on about Liverpool FFS?

Offline arabliverpool90

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #769 on: January 22, 2023, 06:55:00 pm »
A lot of dramatic takes here. No its not gonna take us years to comeback, we already have a core of world class players who lack confidence right now. Remember people thought that Mane was finishes during the pandemic season and he came back stronger. I refuse to believe that players like Salah and Fabinho are finished, we just need 2 midfielders and we will be back stronger than ever.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #770 on: January 22, 2023, 06:55:11 pm »
Then those fans were complacent as well. At the end of the day no one reigns at the top out of right, and far from taking it for granted, all I actually want is for a decent football team and watch them develop. It's as much about the journey for me than just staying at the top and winning things.

I think you'll find we're in complete agreement.

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #771 on: January 22, 2023, 06:55:14 pm »
Step away from the booze and the keyboard, Andy.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #773 on: January 22, 2023, 06:56:31 pm »
If we're not in the title race for the next 3-4 years or however long a rebuild takes, I hope City win every single title until then.

Sportswashers? I couldn't give a fuck. Didn't hear any complaints from United, Arsenal and fans of others when we went toe to toe with them. They ALL wanted City to win it because a Liverpool title would be the death of football or some other such nonsense. It's bad for the game? Good. The worse it gets, maybe the more will wake up to it. Maybe City winning 6 or 7 titles on the trot will wake more people in positions of authority to do something about it. A one-off Arsenal win won't do shit in the grand scheme of things. Just look at the World Cup. The ultimate sportswashing event in the history of football and the world ate it up and enjoyed every second of it.

Some really vaild points here.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #774 on: January 22, 2023, 06:56:35 pm »
I think you'll find we're in complete agreement.

A good way to end then, and come out of this strange thread.  :D

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #775 on: January 22, 2023, 06:57:32 pm »

I don't necessarily agree with this. I think saying we would challenge for top 4 after last season isn't complacency, I think that's a fair expectations given the team the season before.

I can agree that seeing us on top forever is getting complacent, but I don't think you could say anyone saw the level of drop off coming.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #776 on: January 22, 2023, 06:57:48 pm »
Right. But we are actual rivals.

Why the fuck are Arsenal fans going on about Liverpool FFS?

Did you miss the late 80's when Liverpool and Arsenal were competing for the title. Or how about the noughties when we were fighting for the top 4. Arsenal are a genuine top club that has won 13 titles and 14 FA Cups. They are genuine rivals unlike Chelsea.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #777 on: January 22, 2023, 06:59:27 pm »
Step away from the booze and the keyboard, Andy.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #779 on: January 22, 2023, 07:01:37 pm »
I don't get why people are desperate for Arsenal to win the title, if they win it they win it, do I want them to win it No! I feel the same about City, the only team I don't want anywhere near the title is the lot Arsenal best today as I hate those fuckers with a passion
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #780 on: January 22, 2023, 07:01:53 pm »
Did you miss the late 80's when Liverpool and Arsenal were competing for the title. Or how about the noughties when we were fighting for the top 4. Arsenal are a genuine top club that has won 13 titles and 14 FA Cups. They are genuine rivals unlike Chelsea.

Goes back to the days when one of my mates came with his Arsenal mate. They had won the league with style, grace and power. We were all very complimentary.

He then spent the next 30 minutes slagging off scousers, the city and the club.

In the end me and him had a little chat about it outside.

The weird thing is that we were totally made up for them, but their weird hatred for Liverpool overran all of that. He had no reason to be a c*nt and yet he was.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #781 on: January 22, 2023, 07:03:00 pm »
You're a sensitive soul.

Who cares? A couple of Arsenal fans who aren't so keen on Liverpool? Brush it off and move on.

Stop being so easily triggered. You're a grown man, not a teenager.

Why should I? If City win it or Arsenal then who gives a fuck?

The good thing is that we live in a great City and Manchester and London are shitholes.

Poor bastards :(

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #782 on: January 22, 2023, 07:04:18 pm »
Is that some new banter thing? Just the CL to go then i guess.

Why the fuck should we care how many league titles he has?

Theres a new angle on everything regarding football now days its tiresome
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #783 on: January 22, 2023, 07:04:43 pm »

:wellin
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #784 on: January 22, 2023, 07:05:21 pm »
Why should I? If City win it or Arsenal then who gives a fuck?

The good thing is that we live in a great City and Manchester and London are shitholes.

Poor bastards :(

You wouldn't rather a club owned by a country with an atrocious approach to human rights didn't win it?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #785 on: January 22, 2023, 07:07:04 pm »
I don't get why people are desperate for Arsenal to win the title, if they win it they win it, do I want them to win it No! I feel the same about City, the only team I don't want anywhere near the title is the lot Arsenal best today as I hate those fuckers with a passion

I would prefer to see a well run team win a title than the c*nts who have cheated in the past and denied us other titles. Besides which it proves to people that well run clubs can still win against the oil barons. There will be a clamour from some of our own fans to got down the City route, which means its important that other teams can win as well.

Offline Illmatic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #786 on: January 22, 2023, 07:07:17 pm »
I have to admit I will be frustrated at the injustice of Arteta having the same amount of titles as Klopp, despite us maintaining insane consistency in the league. Don’t care how bitter that makes me sound.

It would be some what of an injustice considering how consistent we were for so many seasons but if Arsenal win it this year with 90+ points then hats off to them, you really couldn't begrudge them. I mean no one could have foreseen Arsenal upturn into elite level consistency. It's extremely surprising for me.

In the PL season 18/19 when we got 97 pts, we had two solid top four finishes and CL final behind us an even then many were surprised by our points total. The players Arsenal acquired in the summer while they have quality and experience did not suggest they would take them to where they are.

Still only half way gone but they are firm favourites for me now, only injuries and maybe distraction from the other competitions could potentially derail them.         
Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #787 on: January 22, 2023, 07:08:21 pm »
You wouldn't rather a club owned by a country with an atrocious approach to human rights didn't win it?

I can't control that can I?

I'm a member and supporter of Amnesty International. I donate a few hundred quid a year to various causes.

I have joined in polls and protests. I oppose anything as evil as these regimes.

Can I do any more? Does this rule my life? Am I now powerless because I try and help others?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #788 on: January 22, 2023, 07:08:46 pm »

If all the other teams had done everything in their power to stop the sportswashing, then I'd love to see that. Seeing as their fans lapped up Abu Dhabis cheating, as it stopped us, even when it was also affecting their revenues/place in the league, then its fucking Karma giving them a volley in the bollocks.

I actually don't care who wins it if we can't, but it'll be funny to see Arsenal miss out under the circumstances.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #789 on: January 22, 2023, 07:10:04 pm »

I'd rather they didn't win it but what exactly can us as fans do about it
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #790 on: January 22, 2023, 07:10:16 pm »
Goes back to the days when one of my mates came with his Arsenal mate. They had won the league with style, grace and power. We were all very complimentary.

He then spent the next 30 minutes slagging off scousers, the city and the club.

In the end me and him had a little chat about it outside.

The weird thing is that we were totally made up for them, but their weird hatred for Liverpool overran all of that. He had no reason to be a c*nt and yet he was.

I'd be interested to know how that 'little chat' went...

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #791 on: January 22, 2023, 07:10:23 pm »
I would prefer to see a well run team win a title than the c*nts who have cheated in the past and denied us other titles. Besides which it proves to people that well run clubs can still win against the oil barons. There will be a clamour from some of our own fans to got down the City route, which means its important that other teams can win as well.

This is actually an issue that assists the sportwashers. They can cry "the money doesn't matter" and the PL will sit back and relax and think "look, we don't have to address the issue after all"

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #792 on: January 22, 2023, 07:10:30 pm »
I can't control that can I?

I'm a member and supporter of Amnesty International. I donate a few hundred quid a year to various causes.

I have joined in polls and protests. I oppose anything as evil as these regimes.

Can I do any more? Does this rule my life? Am I now powerless because I try and help others?

You can't control Arsenal fans on the radio but you're still making decisions based on them.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #793 on: January 22, 2023, 07:10:42 pm »
If all the other teams had done everything in their power to stop the sportswashing, then I'd love to see that. Seeing as their fans lapped up Abu Dhabis cheating, as it stopped us, even when it was also affecting their revenues/place in the league, then its fucking Karma giving them a volley in the bollocks.

I actually don't care who wins it if we can't, but it'll be funny to see Arsenal miss out under the circumstances.

Is fucking right mate. I hope City win the next 50 in a row. Going to take something like that to make people sit up and notice.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #794 on: January 22, 2023, 07:10:57 pm »

Seeing as Andy does various Martial Arts, I can only see one outcome ;)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #795 on: January 22, 2023, 07:11:26 pm »
You can't control Arsenal fans on the radio but you're still making decisions based on them.

What decisions am I making? How does something I think affect the actual real world?

What the actual fuck are you going on about?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #796 on: January 22, 2023, 07:12:25 pm »
Is fucking right mate. I hope City win the next 50 in a row. Going to take something like that to make people sit up and notice.

Exactly - I've had shite memes of my Arsenal brother in law, I've had Mancs say "City won't get 20 in my lifetime, so I don't care so long as its tops you". Too fuckimg thick to see they'd be on 23 if Abu Dhabi didn't exist

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #797 on: January 22, 2023, 07:12:26 pm »

We had tea and scones and everything, but the rabbit was a little late :(

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #798 on: January 22, 2023, 07:12:39 pm »
This is actually an issue that assists the sportwashers. They can cry "the money doesn't matter" and the PL will sit back and relax and think "look, we don't have to address the issue after all"

You know as well as I do they aren't doing anything about them now that time has already gone. So from other club's points of view there has to be more than one way to be a successful club which shouldn't mean we have sell our souls more than we already have.

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
« Reply #799 on: January 22, 2023, 07:13:28 pm »

Well said. Who gives a fuck about City winning, don't know a single City fan, pointless little club.