Author Topic: Replacement Musical Device  (Read 773 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Replacement Musical Device
« on: November 16, 2022, 12:30:47 pm »
My old iPod Nano is coming to an end and as Apple are no longer making them, I wonder if anyone can recommend something similar? I would prefer to be able to use both iTunes and Spotify if possible, also something as stress free to use. Thanks. 😀
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Nogg3000

• Main Stander
  • Come get some!
Re: Replacement Musical Device
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2022, 03:21:50 pm »
Perhaps invest in one of those new IPhone-thingymajiggies? Get the feeling they’ll be all the rage soon!

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2022, 10:09:49 am »
Sorry I havent got a suggestion for a replacement but when my ipod classic died I got a refurbished one on ebay and its still going strong 6 years on. As far as I was concerned it was as good as new. You can get them with extra hard drive space. Saw one the other day with a terrabyte of storage.

I dont use Spotify so cant help there sorry.

Hope you get it sorted as I'd be lost without mine use it all day in a noisy factory, one of the best inventions ever  :)

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2022, 07:46:41 pm »
What's your budget?

I've had to do some research into this recently for work, and in the end we replaced our 200 iPod touches with small Galaxy tablets due to lack of viable budget options. I did find a company (think it was Motorola) that made a version of one of their starter phones with no SIM slot, this was the closest I could find to an android version of an iPod, but it wasn't cheap enough for the volume we wanted.

In fact, if your budget permits it there are quite a few premium options - Sony Walkmans are now Android-powered.

Ultimately an old smartphone might be worth a shout if you have one around, even without a SIM you can stick apps on it and stream music off wifi/internal storage.

"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2022, 10:53:05 pm »
My old iPod Nano is coming to an end and as Apple are no longer making them, I wonder if anyone can recommend something similar? I would prefer to be able to use both iTunes and Spotify if possible, also something as stress free to use. Thanks. 😀
I've not answered as I've been waiting to see what people say. When my iPod nano broke I considered a Walkman but didn't really want to change so I bought a second hand iPod nano online, its been brilliant.

Let us know how you resolve it Jill, there doesn't seem to be many alternatives.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."