Author Topic: Arthur Melo  (Read 119461 times)

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
Re: Arthur Melo
« Reply #1040 on: January 4, 2023, 06:19:50 pm »
Farewell Gremio's Prince....we'll always have the 13 minute stint in the 4-1 hammering at Napoli....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1041 on: January 4, 2023, 06:22:31 pm »
Farewell Gremio's Prince....we'll always have the 13 minute stint in the 4-1 hammering at Napoli....

Wasn't it 5-2

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1042 on: January 4, 2023, 06:46:25 pm »
Respect to him for going to that party
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1043 on: January 4, 2023, 06:57:42 pm »
We were never signing him permanently but letting that be known hardly helps the players motivation for the rest of the season, when professionalism is clearly an issue with him.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1044 on: January 4, 2023, 07:20:08 pm »
Respect to him for going to that party

A classic ask for forgiveness later scenario

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #1045 on: January 4, 2023, 08:03:25 pm »

Doubt he kicks a ball for us for the entirety of his loan.
YWNA

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #1046 on: January 4, 2023, 08:17:06 pm »
Doubt he kicks a ball for us for the entirety of his loan.

Didn't he get a touch against Napoli?
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Online damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1047 on: January 4, 2023, 08:51:43 pm »
Some corkers in the first few pages of this thread, it’s a “best of” worst shouts ever.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1048 on: January 4, 2023, 09:29:31 pm »
We can field a whole team of midfielders  :lmao

This is particularly good, bless Serbian. Firstly, it'd be a team on crutches and secondly, it'd be very, very bad.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1049 on: January 4, 2023, 11:54:28 pm »

Was always going to be the case, but interesting the club are putting that out there now. Good day to bury news that paints the recruitment guys in a not great light, I guess

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1050 on: January 5, 2023, 12:28:33 am »
Was always going to be the case, but interesting the club are putting that out there now. Good day to bury news that paints the recruitment guys in a not great light, I guess

In full playground mode, I reckon the footballing lot would say “they started it first”. ;D

Certainly in the case of the article by Sam Wallace about Ljinders.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1051 on: January 5, 2023, 01:14:18 am »
Anyone have any spares for one of Arthur's parties...?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #1052 on: January 5, 2023, 04:14:20 am »
To Sell a player they also have to agree to leave. Possible Ox didnt want to leave also.
Dont think Liverpool going to offer Keita anything more then 2 years, He in his right to hold out for other clubs on free and also would make sense for Liverpool to want to move him also.

To sell a player you also need a buyer. Given how Ox has been injured in most transfer windows, it would be hard to find anyone to make an offer that he would want to accept. He has had hard lines, same with Keita.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #1053 on: January 5, 2023, 07:04:08 am »
Didn't he get a touch against Napoli?

You are right. In the 4-1 drubbing over there. Came on for a few mins before the end. I had switched off at 4-1 so didn’t even see it.
YWNA

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1054 on: January 5, 2023, 08:05:41 am »
We might as well just terminate it now. Why waste a spot in the squad?

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1055 on: January 5, 2023, 02:08:28 pm »
We might as well just terminate it now. Why waste a spot in the squad?
Only necessary to get that squad spot back if we bring in a player this month haha

Online Arrowsmith

• Anny Roader
  • Eee aye addio, we've won the cup!
« Reply #1056 on: January 5, 2023, 03:02:09 pm »
He seems to still have plenty of fans...

Wool by birth, Scouse by blood.
JFT97

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1057 on: January 5, 2023, 03:14:36 pm »
Gutted. He will be missed.

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #1058 on: January 5, 2023, 11:40:40 pm »
Who??
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #1059 on: January 6, 2023, 02:26:18 am »
Nitpicking players is one thing; but it used to be based in affection and a wish for the player to come good. And usually required the player to actually do something wrong, as opposed to just being injured. There's a qualitative difference now, based on impatience, entitlement and outrage. Things aren't exactly the way you want them to be, and frankly someone has to pay!

Yeah, all those people pictured yelling in any crowd shout from almost any era were just doing so lovingly. You're a loon.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1060 on: January 6, 2023, 03:49:18 am »
Another fine mess by recruitment. Certainly one to add to their greatest hits. Almost harking back to the duds from the ‘transfer committee’ era during Rodgers time.

Offline redintweed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1061 on: January 6, 2023, 04:27:49 am »
Another fine mess by recruitment. Certainly one to add to their greatest hits. Almost harking back to the duds from the ‘transfer committee’ era during Rodgers time.

Be really interesting to know who rubber stamped this deal. Or better still, whose original idea it was....
I'd rather play for Liverpool Reserves than Everton.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1062 on: January 6, 2023, 09:34:06 am »
Yeah, all those people pictured yelling in any crowd shout from almost any era were just doing so lovingly. You're a loon.
Haha, indeed!

It's got me thinking about the odd match I was able to make it to twenty years ago (and what family who went to every game said), in the post-treble Houllier era.

The main thing I recall is that the crowd were calm and relaxed, a picture of patience, affectionate to all players - those were the days. Few years before that, I remember nobody was ever impatient, tactless or unpleasant about sick note  oops sorry, I mean Jamie Redknapp - either.

This is all just a very recent development

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #1063 on: January 6, 2023, 11:18:08 am »

Yeah, but you'd always have the odd loon in the crowd who for no reason would hate a certain player (who wasn't as bad as they made them out to be) and never give them a chance!
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Online MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #1064 on: January 6, 2023, 11:28:15 am »
The most pointless transfer since Ben Davies. Waste of time & money.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1065 on: January 6, 2023, 11:31:16 am »
If we take a swing like this again to save money let it be at the start of pre season so they can at least be up to speed with Klopps methods.

We can't spend £50m on a player to keep the seat warm for our injured midfielders and that's fine.

« Last Edit: January 6, 2023, 11:52:26 am by Clayton Bigsby »

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1066 on: January 6, 2023, 12:22:26 pm »
Yeah, but you'd always have the odd loon in the crowd who for no reason would hate a certain player (who wasn't as bad as they made them out to be) and never give them a chance!
Fucks sake Riise!

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1067 on: January 6, 2023, 02:53:41 pm »
Artur’s transfer from Barca to Juve is also implicated in the Juventus corruption case.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64150753

It appears that there was a lot of bad stuff surrounding this lad. Who, at LFC, was responsible for completing due diligence on this loan deal?

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1068 on: January 6, 2023, 05:14:09 pm »
Dear, dear Davo, may I introduce you to the phrase "And usually required the player to actually do something wrong, as opposed to just being injured". You have actually met before, believe it or not, in my previous post, but as you can't seem to read properly, it seems like you failed to connect.

As for people shouting in crowds, I take it you've never been to an actual game before? I'd happily take a 100 people shouting "For fucks sake, Melo" in the heat of the moment for some actual error he has made on the field of play to the outpurings of shite so many twats here aim at a player day in, day out for being injured.

Still, brave of you to come out as pro-twat. Weird, but brave.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #1069 on: January 6, 2023, 05:19:54 pm »
Dear, dear Davo, may I introduce you to the phrase "And usually required the player to actually do something wrong, as opposed to just being injured". You have actually met before, believe it or not, in my previous post, but as you can't seem to read properly, it seems like you failed to connect.

As for people shouting in crowds, I take it you've never been to an actual game before? I'd happily take a 100 people shouting "For fucks sake, Melo" in the heat of the moment for some actual error he has made on the field of play to the outpurings of shite so many twats here aim at a player day in, day out for being injured.

The fact that you think people in the stands are reasonable just gives up the gig. Pretty pathetic attempt but keep at it.

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1070 on: January 6, 2023, 05:24:07 pm »
The fact that you think people in the stands are reasonable just gives up the gig. Pretty pathetic attempt but keep at it.
Quite a downer you've got on 50k+ people there, mate. Wanna talk about it? Mind you a couple of them are proper quilts, it can't be denied

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1071 on: January 6, 2023, 05:25:24 pm »
Whut ;D
As for people shouting in crowds, I take it you've never been to an actual game before? I'd happily take a 100 people shouting "For fucks sake, Melo" in the heat of the moment for some actual error
Have you?! You seem quite to have a rose tinted view if you don't think there's outpourings of shite ;D

You've never heard "fucks sake Kewell you fucking shithouse c*nt" when he's jumped out of a 30/70, or Riise delivering a cross too deep and out for a throw being met with "fucking prick Riise, fucking want it". Or someone like Xabi smartly avoiding getting deliberately booted yet again being told by he needs to "fucking want it more you coward". What about a "fed up with you c*nts, i'm off" when we're 85 mins in chasing a game. Nope, no outpourings of shite there, it's just people online haha
« Last Edit: January 6, 2023, 05:27:16 pm by classycarra »

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1072 on: January 6, 2023, 07:06:09 pm »
Zakaria was available from the same club...

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1073 on: January 6, 2023, 07:14:50 pm »

Have you ever been to Anfield or just basing it all on watching Sky/ESPN/NBC or whatever you watch it on?

Whut ;DHave you?! You seem quite to have a rose tinted view if you don't think there's outpourings of shite ;D

You've never heard "fucks sake Kewell you fucking shithouse c*nt" when he's jumped out of a 30/70, or Riise delivering a cross too deep and out for a throw being met with "fucking prick Riise, fucking want it". Or someone like Xabi smartly avoiding getting deliberately booted yet again being told by he needs to "fucking want it more you coward". What about a "fed up with you c*nts, i'm off" when we're 85 mins in chasing a game. Nope, no outpourings of shite there, it's just people online haha

There's always dissenting voices, you'll always get that, but it's in minority at Anfield (I'm saying fuck all about the Pit) I didn't grow up hearing people at the ground abusing the fuck out of a player because he got injured.

I remember Frank McGarvey warming up v Ipswich in 1980, he never got on the pitch, but it didn't mean he got dogs abuse for being too shit to get into Bobs team - I also don't remember Bob getting dogs for signing him either.

We have, sadly, started getting "supporters" following us who have no idea how to support the players and how to get behind the team when the chips are down.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1074 on: January 7, 2023, 02:41:50 am »
There's always dissenting voices, you'll always get that, but it's in minority at Anfield (I'm saying fuck all about the Pit) I didn't grow up hearing people at the ground abusing the fuck out of a player because he got injured.
yeah definitely. I know it's developed a bit (some things worse, a minority of things better) since my days going growing up. but the pearl clutching from ghost town (plus making up what Dave was saying) was just a little much.

making it seem like its lurched from heady days where there were never 'outpourings of shite' from people in the crowd to what it's like now with fans that he reads online is more than a little bit hyperbolic (and definitely a bit of a denial of reality, at least compared to my experiences 15-20 odd years ago - particularly the last couple of seasons of Houllier and Rafa)

We have, sadly, started getting "supporters" following us who have no idea how to support the players and how to get behind the team when the chips are down.
this is true too, but even then in the last couple of decades i've heard more than enough local dissenting voices (obviously hard to tell outside of the regular ST holders who 'know' from experience how we support the team) shout out of line shit about (and directly to) our players.

think GT suggesting it only happens online and is a recent phenomena, that people in the ground never get on the players backs about injuries (like kewell, redknapp, aurelio, ,aquillani, degan - no laughing at the drop in their quality please!) didn't and maybe still doesn't happen, feels a bit like harking back to a golden era with rose tinted specs (i can only offer my perspective for this century though ;) )

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1075 on: January 7, 2023, 04:52:35 am »
EDIT: On second thoughts, forget it. Won't do any good and poor Arthur doesn't deserve this shite from me in his thread, lol ;D

Though I was kinda proud of the Madame Defarge line; now lost to obscurity, like tears in the rain as David Batty's brother once said

Anyway good post, Rob ^
« Last Edit: January 7, 2023, 05:03:59 am by Ghost Town »

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1076 on: January 7, 2023, 07:21:48 am »
There was some lad who said either in this thread of the transfer thread that he'd take a bet that this fella never plays a minute of league football for us.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #1077 on: January 7, 2023, 07:30:26 am »
Have you ever been to Anfield or just basing it all on watching Sky/ESPN/NBC or whatever you watch it on?

I remember Frank McGarvey warming up v Ipswich in 1980, he never got on the pitch, but it didn't mean he got dogs abuse for being too shit to get into Bobs team - I also don't remember Bob getting dogs for signing him either.

Thats what football fandom has become with some of the online channels propagating it as a culture to rant and rave and abuse players. The whole divide within fan groups, what with the whole top red bottom red crap is mind-numbingly stupid but still front and center in social media. I know that Liverpool is more of a global brand than it was in the past and that is part of being successful where you will have bandwagoners, the difference now is that they are actually heard by everyone directly and indirectly and those awful ideas and theories come before everyone. There is no solution to this, you can only hope the players/coaches/sane fans have thick enougj skins to not engage them.

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #1078 on: January 7, 2023, 09:56:17 am »
is there any realistic chance we actually get to see him have some time with the first team at some point during the season?.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1079 on: January 7, 2023, 11:30:15 am »
is there any realistic chance we actually get to see him have some time with the first team at some point during the season?.

He's almost fit now, so then I cannot see why not if Klopp and his team feel he can do a job. For all we know, he may turn out to be a good fit during training and be heavily involved in the rest of the season.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA