Author Topic: FA Cup 4th Round selling details  (Read 28461 times)

Offline d_sookoo21

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: FA Cup 4th Round selling details
« Reply #240 on: January 27, 2020, 12:05:47 am »
Not sure what answer you're looking for here. Maybe support your local club then?

:butt
getting onto a genuine fan for travelling to a game the state of some people

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: January 27, 2020, 06:44:51 am »
Pretty sure I won a ballot for the Villa semi in 2015 as well, had all home games then, so not necessarily

No you didn't it was just a sale for all those that qualified as the reply was too close to the semi final date to arrange a ballot.

And the League cup final went to those with all homes as the ground was smaller and its was the league cup.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: January 27, 2020, 07:45:37 am »
Only cards scanned at the turnstile should get the credit

Offline devilfysh

• Main Stander
« Reply #243 on: January 27, 2020, 07:46:34 am »
And then the people sat on their arse at home will get a chance of a Wembley ticket whilst those who bothered their arse to go and watch their team play will miss out?

Ok then

like happens for all aways and euro aways.  The club even knows who is actually attending the euro aways as well now and actively encourages it by still giving the credit to the person whos name it is in

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: January 27, 2020, 08:15:34 am »
I think it'd be a disgrace if it's as high as that.

Should be a tenner max for adults and a fiver for kids. The YA tickets should be no more than a fiver either.

Unfortunately it isn't just up to us though is it.
As Shrewsbury share the receipts they have a say in ticket price reductions if they don't agree not much we can do about it.

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #245 on: January 27, 2020, 09:05:58 am »
Unfortunately it isn't just up to us though is it.
As Shrewsbury share the receipts they have a say in ticket price reductions if they don't agree not much we can do about it.

It is - that rule has been scrapped a few years go. Home sides are to charge at least 10 pounds for non-concessionary tickets, but are free to set their prices as they see fit.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/blog/view/The-price-of-change-new-FA-Cup-rule-stings-home-and-away-fans
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #246 on: January 27, 2020, 09:21:29 am »
Would be great if they sorted this sooner rather than later. You know with it being next week and all

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: January 27, 2020, 09:32:39 am »
It is - that rule has been scrapped a few years go. Home sides are to charge at least 10 pounds for non-concessionary tickets, but are free to set their prices as they see fit.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/blog/view/The-price-of-change-new-FA-Cup-rule-stings-home-and-away-fans

Thanks I didn't know it had changed

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: January 27, 2020, 12:15:19 pm »
Hoping they don't take the piss. Should be maximum £20 / adult / £10 kids. No need for anything more than that. May well be an opportunity for people to see a game in anfield that wouldn't normally get the chance.

Offline Tame_Impala

• You wanna know why I always think I’m right?
  • Main Stander
  • I'll tell you why...
« Reply #249 on: January 27, 2020, 12:27:14 pm »
Should we be expecting an announcement on this today? At least for the date seeing as it's only going to be 8/9 days away?

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #250 on: January 27, 2020, 12:28:56 pm »
Should we be expecting an announcement on this today? At least for the date seeing as it's only going to be 8/9 days away?

FA website has it down for the Tuesday, which is inconvenient for me as I'm in work until 7, might send them an email and ask if they can change it.
Legacy fan

Offline Tame_Impala

• You wanna know why I always think I’m right?
  • Main Stander
  • I'll tell you why...
« Reply #251 on: January 27, 2020, 12:38:32 pm »
FA website has it down for the Tuesday, which is inconvenient for me as I'm in work until 7, might send them an email and ask if they can change it.

Just get the apprentice to cover your shift, that's what Jurgen's doing

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #252 on: January 27, 2020, 12:40:35 pm »
FA have got us on the Tuesday with the other replays and Spurs v Southampton the only Wednesday game

http://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/fixtures

Legacy fan

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: January 27, 2020, 12:52:01 pm »
They've only got that like that cos Spurs play the Sunday so can't play the Tuesday. Wouldn't take it as gospel yet.

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: January 27, 2020, 12:52:23 pm »
FA have got us on the Tuesday with the other replays and Spurs v Southampton the only Wednesday game

http://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/fixtures
Spurs will be Wednesday because they play Man City in the league on the previous Sunday.  I would say Oxford v Newcastle will be on tv and then one of us or Spurs.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: January 27, 2020, 12:54:32 pm »
They've only got that like that cos Spurs play the Sunday so can't play the Tuesday. Wouldn't take it as gospel yet.

Pretty sure it will be right though. Should play them all on Tuesday so it doesn't eat into the winter break as much, but obviously Spurs can't because they play Sunday.

There was always going to be 1 game Wednesday anyway due to TV rights, but I think it will stay as it is, our game and Spurs game live on TV

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #256 on: January 27, 2020, 01:06:59 pm »
Also, don't rule out a Thursday replay. It happened to Tranmere despite the fact they were due to play away on the Saturday, if they didn't get past Watford.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #257 on: January 27, 2020, 01:08:47 pm »
Only cards scanned at the turnstile should get the credit

Agree, shouldn’t be difficult to manage

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: January 27, 2020, 01:18:02 pm »
Also, don't rule out a Thursday replay. It happened to Tranmere despite the fact they were due to play away on the Saturday, if they didn't get past Watford.

That was only because it was postponed and Watford were playing Tuesday.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: January 27, 2020, 01:18:59 pm »

No that was because the original game was postponed and that was literally the only day they could fit it in before the 4th round

No way on Earth it's on Thursday and if it is then Klopp can say he is vindicated.

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: January 27, 2020, 01:26:44 pm »
If the FA are clever they set the replay to the following week say Tue 11th or Wed 12th by then are boys who were on holiday the previous week would all be back in training on 10th Feb Monday and fringe players could play in the game if it was the wednesday

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: January 27, 2020, 01:36:08 pm »
If they were clever they'd see they could play it February 21st. But they aren't so they won't.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #262 on: January 27, 2020, 01:44:35 pm »
If they were clever they'd see they could play it February 21st. But they aren't so they won't.
Shrewsbury can’t play it then nor can they play it any midweek during February apart from next

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: January 27, 2020, 01:46:19 pm »
Shrewsbury can’t play it then nor can they play it any midweek during February apart from next

They could postpone their league game and play it another date but I don't know any many games they have in hand already

They won't do it anyway, because everyone else will want theirs re-arranging as well

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: January 27, 2020, 01:48:11 pm »
They could postpone their league game and play it another date but I don't know any many games they have in hand already

They won't do it anyway, because everyone else will want theirs re-arranging as well
Not really fair to ask them to move league games when next weeks date is fine. Not their fault Klopp is doing what he is. Really it’s the FA and EPL horrible scheduling which has already cost us 1 cup this season

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: January 27, 2020, 01:53:12 pm »
They managed to rearrange their game for the weekend just gone.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: January 27, 2020, 01:54:02 pm »
This winter break has caused more problems than it's solved. For us anyway.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: January 27, 2020, 01:55:39 pm »
They managed to rearrange their game for the weekend just gone.
Yeah because it’s standard procedure when you reach this round, asking them to move another one for a replay because our manager can’t be arsed isn’t fair

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: January 27, 2020, 01:57:12 pm »
Yeah because it’s standard procedure when you reach this round, asking them to move another one for a replay because our manager can’t be arsed isn’t fair

Play their game for that weekend next week, play the replay then. Solved. No issues.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: January 27, 2020, 02:00:30 pm »
Play their game for that weekend next week, play the replay then. Solved. No issues.
moving a league game forward 3 weeks to 8 days away? Then you affect another club, Doncaster already have a game next week too, we can’t be fucking about multiple football league clubs just because it suits us, we have to respect them and their schedule too. Again if Klopp is gonna piss it away to send a message to the FA then so be it

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: January 27, 2020, 02:02:11 pm »
They should have thought this through properly then shouldn't they?

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #271 on: January 27, 2020, 02:43:18 pm »
If Shrewsbury are Keen for the replay to go ahead next week, charge fans 10p for a ticket.

See how keen they are then

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: January 27, 2020, 02:46:50 pm »
If Shrewsbury are Keen for the replay to go ahead next week, charge fans 10p for a ticket.

See how keen they are then
there is literally no other date available, however I do agree that tickets should be no more than £10-15 because we are effectively getting a league 1 standard match now

Offline FTH

• Main Stander
« Reply #273 on: January 27, 2020, 02:54:18 pm »
To go and watch the U23s will cost me £100 (hotel/train/ticket) plus a day off work.
So

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #274 on: January 27, 2020, 03:05:48 pm »
This winter break has caused more problems than it's solved. For us anyway.

In what way? The only 'problem' I can see is some fans getting upset that Klopp is prioritising the winter break over an FA Cup replay.

Play an U23 team in the replay and the first team and Klopp get a well earned rest before closing out the League and defending the European Cup. What's the problem?

And if the kids beat Shrewsbury with Anfield behind them then we are still challenging for three more trophies to go with the two we've already won this season.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #275 on: January 27, 2020, 03:08:20 pm »
Yeah because it’s standard procedure when you reach this round, asking them to move another one for a replay because our manager can’t be arsed the FA are a load of incompetent clowns isn’t fair...

Corrected for you.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Momos_righteye

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: January 27, 2020, 03:11:36 pm »
In what way? The only 'problem' I can see is some fans getting upset that Klopp is prioritising the winter break over an FA Cup replay.

Play an U23 team in the replay and the first team and Klopp get a well earned rest before closing out the League and defending the European Cup. What's the problem?

And if the kids beat Shrewsbury with Anfield behind them then we are still challenging for three more trophies to go with the two we've already won this season.

Can I get a hell yeah??!!!

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: January 27, 2020, 03:17:22 pm »

Well without it we wouldn't be playing a kids team in the FA Cup replay and we might still be in the league cup because that quarter final could have been re-arranged.

The 'problem' is we want to see our team win the FA Cup and have a trip to Wembley.

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #278 on: January 27, 2020, 03:58:55 pm »
In a completely selfish way I'm excited for this. A good chance at tickets for a game at Anfield and a chance to get on the credits ladder for FA cup in a small way. I could see Klopp ultimately compromising in a sense as you often see players back from injury play for the under 23s (fond memories of Lallana choking out that young spurs lad).

No reason for Adrian not to play. Matip has been out for a while so could probably use a game as well as perhaps Keita and Shaqiri and then the team could look something like.

Adrian
Williams - Hoever - Matip - Larouci
       Keita - Chirivella - Jones
       Elliot - Longstaff(?) - Shaqiri   

I think a team like that or even slightly worse would be more than good enough to win this and see us through.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #279 on: January 27, 2020, 04:00:02 pm »
In a completely selfish way I'm excited for this. A good chance at tickets for a game at Anfield and a chance to get on the credits ladder for FA cup in a small way. I could see Klopp ultimately compromising in a sense as you often see players back from injury play for the under 23s (fond memories of Lallana choking out that young spurs lad).

No reason for Adrian not to play. Matip has been out for a while so could probably use a game as well as perhaps Keita and Shaqiri and then the team could look something like.

Adrian
Williams - Hoever - Matip - Larouci
       Keita - Chirivella - Jones
       Elliot - Longstaff(?) - Shaqiri   

I think a team like that or even slightly worse would be more than good enough to win this and see us through.

You missed the part where Klopp said no senior players involved?