Author Topic: EFL 5th Round - Villa away  (Read 18332 times)

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
Re: EFL 5th Round - Villa away
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2019, 11:07:36 am »
So you go for credits not to support the team?
Yeah that’s right! No I live in Northern Ireland but go to uni in England, this is 5 days after my Christmas break starts, I would’ve tried to get a ticket for this and would’ve stayed for the game, I still might too! but it doesn’t count for anything  I went to Milton Keynes which was a 14 hour day for me using trains and buses, I could’ve just sat on my arse with my credit but I didn’t so I don’t think I need to be questioned

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2019, 11:40:08 am »
What an absolute fucking joke this is.

Could we see the publishings from this supposed "discussion with various supporter representatives in a fan forum".

Yet again those who are well in the ladder (and selling off their tickets) will benefit from this.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2019, 11:52:29 am »

Could we see the publishings from this supposed "discussion with various supporter representatives in a fan forum".

Yet again those who are well in the ladder (and selling off their tickets) will benefit from this.

So what would you do?

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2019, 11:59:31 am »

It's all about the Qatar thing, and although there will be selling off of tickets, at least it takes away the need for those going to Qatar to do it.

As for the discussion, Graham might be able to shed some light, but the general opinion on here was that this is the right thing to do

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2019, 12:04:42 pm »

All fan forum meetings are minutes and available to read. A friend of mine is on the committee that discussed this and it's legit. It's the right thing to do in my opinion.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2019, 12:07:27 pm »
All fan forum meetings are minutes and available to read. A friend of mine is on the committee that discussed this and it's legit. It's the right thing to do in my opinion.
Any link to this please?

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2019, 12:21:56 pm »

Genuinely interested in why you think this decision is wrong?

Those who have existing credits will get sorted first - correct decision

Those who would have been forced to buy but sell on because they are in Qatar now dont have to - correct decision

Those who dont get chance to go normally now will be abel to - great result

The status quo is maintained. Those who were going anyway can do and support the club

I cant see a downside to the decision made

The only other way to have done it would be to give a credit to those who prove theyve bough for Qatar who would have been eligible here but that would have been a faff.

I think what it does show isw the club are starting to listen to ticket issues and understand the system that is in place re credits isnt fit for purpose

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2019, 12:24:13 pm »
Genuinely interested in why you think this decision is wrong?

Those who have existing credits will get sorted first - correct decision

Those who would have been forced to buy but sell on because they are in Qatar now dont have to - correct decision

Those who dont get chance to go normally now will be abel to - great result

The status quo is maintained. Those who were going anyway can do and support the club

I cant see a downside to the decision made

The only other way to have done it would be to give a credit to those who prove theyve bough for Qatar who would have been eligible here but that would have been a faff.

I think what it does show isw the club are starting to listen to ticket issues and understand the system that is in place re credits isnt fit for purpose

Spot on post 👏
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2019, 12:34:58 pm »
its the right thing to do those complaining that its the ones on ladder who are sorted by this as new people wont get on ladder for buying, do you really think if it was a credit being given for purchasing those on the ladder wouldnt buy!

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2019, 01:07:44 pm »
Don't see an issue whatsoever.

Not asking for a medal, but I have all league cup aways on my card as far back as Leeds in 2009 or whenever it was, and will still be going to Villa and it doesnt annoy me at all

Think its the right thing to do

Maybe people with 0/1 credit who thought they might have a decent shot at getting another credit are upset, but then again that wouldve been unfair on those in Qatar who miss out

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2019, 01:48:33 pm »
£20 is a little steep IMO. Not dear but given the "unique circumstances" ::)

But could be worse. Tbf Villa are generally pretty good. Just needs the details now and when they are on sale (but probably after Bournemouth)
We are a team of one half.

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2019, 02:02:00 pm »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tickets/373505-aston-villa-v-liverpool-ticket-sales-notice

Liverpool FC has released the following away ticket details for the League Cup quarter-final against Aston Villa on Tuesday December 17.

The match at Villa Park is scheduled to kick-off at 7.45pm GMT.

The club have received a total allocation of 4531 stand tickets for this all-ticket fixture. Supporters not in possession of a ticket are urged not to travel.

As announced here tickets purchased for this game will not count as priority for future matches within the League Cup competition.

Ticket prices
Adult / Over 65’s / Full Time Students / Armed Forces: £20
18-20 yrs (young adult): £17
U18s (junior): £10

Within the allocation are a number of restricted view tickets which carry a reduction of £1.

Please be aware that supporters in possession of concessionary tickets will be asked for ID at the turnstiles.

Hospitality members

Sir Kenny Dalglish executive box holders, premium level and centenary club members should contact the hospitality department on 0151 264 2222, option 2.

Disabled supporters

Within the allocation we have received 9 pairs of wheelchair and carer tickets priced at £20 per pair. Ambulant tickets are also available and concessions apply. Please click here.

Ticket sales

The below sales will take place ONLINE only and you may have to queue at times.

Tickets will be available to season ticket holders and official Members based on League Cup away fixtures recorded during the 2019-20 and 2017-18 seasons:

MK Dons (2019-20)
Leicester City (2017-18)
Two games: from 11am on Friday November 22 until 10.30am on Monday November 25.

Supporters are guaranteed a ticket during this sale and can purchase one ticket per person, up to a maximum of 10 tickets per transaction.

The following sale will then take place on a first come, first served basis, subject to availability, and supporters can purchase one ticket per person up to a maximum of four tickets per transaction.

One game: from 11am on Monday November 25.

Should there be any tickets remaining following the initial sales, Liverpool FC will make a further announcement. Supporters are advised to check www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets for sale updates.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2019, 02:19:10 pm »
I think the credit should have counted but not that arsed in the end, the £20 is more of an issue. Don't see how they can justify £10 for Wolves and £20 for us, especially given the clash with the Club World Cup.
Legacy fan

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2019, 02:28:25 pm »
I think the credit should have counted but not that arsed in the end, the £20 is more of an issue. Don't see how they can justify £10 for Wolves and £20 for us, especially given the clash with the Club World Cup.
And nearly 800 less tickets

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2019, 02:39:47 pm »
I was thinking £20 was decent but didn't realise they only charged Wolves £10.  Does anyone know the thinking behind them charging us more and giving us less tickets?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2019, 02:41:07 pm »
I was thinking £20 was decent but didn't realise they only charged Wolves £10.  Does anyone know the thinking behind them charging us more and giving us less tickets?
The fact it’s a quarter final maybe? Doesn’t make much sense, I know we are a bigger club but Wolves are closer and it’s a derby. Plus given the circumstances on the team I’m not sure why

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2019, 02:42:57 pm »

I think for Wolves it wasn't the usual away end and the £10 was to try and fill the ground.
Legacy fan

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2019, 07:37:52 pm »
Every single person against me is of the older generation with away credits - shocker.

The amount of inconsistency across this board is laughable. If you're a STH or have 19 home games you're all for letting the rest scrape over credits. But open up the aways a bit so they're not a completely closed shop? 'Oh hang on I don't agree with that'

Shithousery of the highest standard.

Not asking for a medal, but I have all league cup aways on my card as far back as Leeds in 2009 or whenever it was, and will still be going to Villa and it doesnt annoy me at all

Quite clear why you don't see an issue then, isn't it?

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2019, 07:42:31 pm »
If it did count, I don't think it'd have really changed much in the grand scheme of things if it dropped to those just with MK Dons for instance. Most would probably have bought it anyway just for the credit as the system allows you to do that.

Just probably a bit confusing in terms of maths for the ticketing office...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 07:45:01 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2019, 07:43:31 pm »
Every single person against me is of the older generation with away credits - shocker.

The amount of inconsistency across this board is laughable. If you're a STH or have 19 home games you're all for letting the rest scrape over credits. But open up the aways a bit so they're not a completely closed shop? 'Oh hang on I don't agree with that'

Shithousery of the highest standard.

Quite clear why you don't see an issue then, isn't it?

I have zero away credits and would love to get some but there’s no way this game should carry any

If it did it would simply mean a load of tickets on secondary market as loads are in Qatar

The fact they’re not doing credits is doing exactly what you’re asking for anyway - opening up an away match for others to attend

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2019, 07:49:50 pm »
Will be interesting to see how this drops. Surely you go to watch the match first and foremost, not just because it carries a credit? That to me is a bonus. But for this, I hope lots some go and support our lads.

Also hoping it doesn't sell out that fast so I can get one in the 25th sale or I'll have no lift down :D
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 08:12:18 pm by Shanklygates »

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2019, 07:52:58 pm »
Well, should at least make boxing tickets off easier if I can just buy them directly on the website for me and my mates rather than the hassle of someone buying and then selling to me once they've received them. Shame it won't count for a credit though. I understand it's to help out those who through no fault of their own could never attend both - but the whole point of a credit system is to reward attendance.

Also has to be said that there was no Qatar trip around the time of MK Dons but I was still able to source 13 spares for mates and people who asked me if I could get them after the sales had completed.

What I find quite funny though, is that now this game is no credit, it'll probably be the biggest percentage of the season where people who have bought the ticket on their card in the vast majority actually attend as now there is no point in buying and selling on - unless you qualify and you know someone who desperately wants to go.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2019, 07:55:03 pm »
Will be interesting to see how this drops. Surely you go to watch the match first and foremost, not just because it carries a credit? That to me is a bonus. But for this, I lots some go and support our lads.

Also hoping it doesn't sell out that fast so I can get one in the 25th sale or I'll have no lift down :D
Yeah I agree about attending regardless.

My main concern is being able to go to watch the reds and that being facilitated however I get hold of tickets. Though would be nice at some point in my life to have some control/autonomy over it rather than relying on other people. But I guess that's the way it is.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2019, 09:22:13 pm »
Well, should at least make boxing tickets off easier if I can just buy them directly on the website for me and my mates rather than the hassle of someone buying and then selling to me once they've received them. Shame it won't count for a credit though. I understand it's to help out those who through no fault of their own could never attend both - but the whole point of a credit system is to reward attendance.

Also has to be said that there was no Qatar trip around the time of MK Dons but I was still able to source 13 spares for mates and people who asked me if I could get them after the sales had completed.

What I find quite funny though, is that now this game is no credit, it'll probably be the biggest percentage of the season where people who have bought the ticket on their card in the vast majority actually attend as now there is no point in buying and selling on - unless you qualify and you know someone who desperately wants to go.

I'm sorry, but that is absolutely fucking infuriating!

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2019, 09:27:23 pm »
Any indication which section we are getting? 
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Gavinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • JFT97
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2019, 09:38:52 pm »
Any indication which section we are getting? 

The normal away section plus North Stand Lower by the looks of it:

https://tickets.avfc.co.uk/custom/documents/pdf/AVLLIVCC5%20-%20Match%20Info.pdf

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2019, 09:53:25 pm »
Cleared out a load of bickering. Utterly pointless, take it to PM if you want to discuss who’s a better Liverpool fan.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2019, 11:29:48 pm »

https://tickets.avfc.co.uk/custom/documents/pdf/AVLLIVCC5%20-%20Match%20Info.pdf

Hope so - so effectively the old away bit, or did we used to get North Stand Upper then too? I liked the North Lower so will def go there of we can

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2019, 10:15:57 am »
I'm sorted for this now. Never done Villa Park before, can't wait to go and tick this one off.

Offline apassant77

• Kopite
« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2019, 10:48:55 am »
I enjoyed going to Villa park but not the fact they didn't serve any ale

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2019, 10:51:05 am »
I enjoyed going to Villa park but not the fact they didn't serve any ale

They did in the lower at least. I had a bottle of their red ale before ko the other week. And they were defo serving at half time, although the queue was too big.

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2019, 12:18:54 pm »

Villa fans being charged £30 for the same stand as our usual away end. While I agree with some above in thinking £20 is abit steep it would appear the club did work to get a reduced price.

Offline apassant77

• Kopite
« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2019, 02:29:08 pm »
All of my visits are going back a few years now. Last time I went was 13/14 season.

Offline gordo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2019, 10:04:00 pm »
I’ll be going to this, got a load of mates who we usually go with that aren’t bothering. 2 of us going out of around a dozen. Always loved Villa away and couldn’t go to the league game. Was there for the 2002 game, was 14 at the time and was knackered in school the day later. Great memories.

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2019, 11:02:37 am »
sorted in R3
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline spider

• Main Stander
« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2019, 11:04:30 am »
Same- take it R3 is central behind the goal?

Offline apassant77

• Kopite
« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2019, 11:05:53 am »
Wish it was that easy all of the time. In and out within a couple of minutes.

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2019, 11:06:53 am »
Same- take it R3 is central behind the goal?

yes pretty much
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Online anfieldash

• Kopite
« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2019, 11:15:21 am »
Curiously that was much quieter than the other sales this week  :scarf

Offline LFC-Dan

• one of the worst here!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: November 22, 2019, 11:17:41 am »
Curiously that was much quieter than the other sales this week  :scarf
Yeah, slightly easier than the last few days!!
Justice for the 96