Author Topic: Pedro (Chirivella)  (Read 38428 times)

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
Re: Vote Pedro (Chirivella)
« Reply #280 on: February 7, 2020, 12:11:03 pm »
Agree generally on the positivity. But I don't think anyone is really predicting doom and gloom are they? I think he could play at a really high level in somewhere like Italy, but physically he's just not going to take a key position in our squad is he? That's just unrealistic isn't it, and there's no issue with people pointing out that suggesting he's as good as Jorginho based on four performances against inferior opposition to a league game is objectively incorrect.

Yes I agree Jorginho is levels above him, that is obvious. The doom and gloom I was referring to was someone saying he'd do well to start for Championship sides.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: February 7, 2020, 12:16:52 pm »
Yes I agree Jorginho is levels above him, that is obvious. The doom and gloom I was referring to was someone saying he'd do well to start for Championship sides.

Ah my mistake, missed that.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #282 on: February 7, 2020, 01:21:32 pm »
The person said start every game for Everton.

What’s the evidence he’s considerably better than Gomes and Delph, for example.

I think he’d get in Everton’s squad. He’s in our 25 man squad so he’s getting in there’s. Think it’s a very big stretch to say he’d start every game based on a handful of performances.

I’d like to keep him because he’d be 7th or 8th midfield choice. He’s also got the potential to improve with age. He seems to have improved over the last 12 months. Wanting him to stay as a squad option for us and saying there isn’t enough evidence to suggest he currently would start regularly for a Top 10 PL team aren’t mutually exclusive.

It's not a big stretch at all considering someone like Davies has earned so many starts. Their midfield is not exactly pulling any trees. Also, it might've been a dig at Everton considering our kids with Chirivella in the middle beat their first teamers. If Chirivella plays with our other first teamers, who knows what may happen?

Why so serious about it? Especially Everton?

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #283 on: February 7, 2020, 01:54:58 pm »
Why so serious about it? Especially Everton?

I'm not particularly serious about it. Everton I'm serious about in that they are main rivals but in this context I'm not necessarily. If it came across that way then sorry.

What I would say is that a lot of people on here are all to willing to jump in on what other fans say. But very willing to throw out opinions that aren't founded with that much evidence. I was denigrating Chirivella in any way. Just pointing out that there isn't the game time and therefore evidence to make any strong suggestions about him. Imagine what the reaction would be if Oliver Skipp had a good game  Everton and Shrewsbury in the FA Cup and they were saying he was better than Keita. That's how I view someone say Chirivella is better than someone like Jorginho.

As a more general point the quality of posts on RAWK recently has been quote poor compared to what it's been in the past. The good posters (Royhendo, Medellin, Timbo, Yorkie, LallanainPyjamas, Snail, Treeless, Jack Ward and others) are feeling like they are lost in the noise somewhat. I don't always agree at all with those posters but their opinion is considered and not always rose tinted. People will view this instance as me not being a supporter of one of our players but this feels a bit like the summer window when people were crying about our lack of depth in the front 3 and I was saying City might suffer due to their lack of depth at centre back. The only difference was I was taking the positive (or maybe more balanced view) on that occasion.

People are too high or too low on things. Everything is very reactionary on here (and other places) to what happened recently rather taking a wider viewpoint of a situation. My opinion is that forum needs people who are at least more considered at some point. To provide some sanity and rein people in on occasions.

Maybe it's time for me to take a break from RAWK for a bit. It's a time to enjoy being a Liverpool supporter not arguing with each other.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #284 on: February 7, 2020, 02:02:08 pm »
The person said start every game for Everton.

What’s the evidence he’s considerably better than Gomes and Delph, for example.

I think he’d get in Everton’s squad. He’s in our 25 man squad so he’s getting in there’s. Think it’s a very big stretch to say he’d start every game based on a handful of performances.

I’d like to keep him because he’d be 7th or 8th midfield choice. He’s also got the potential to improve with age. He seems to have improved over the last 12 months. Wanting him to stay as a squad option for us and saying there isn’t enough evidence to suggest he currently would start regularly for a Top 10 PL team aren’t mutually exclusive.

Jookie, you misunderstand me completely.

I was saying he'd start every game as the Everton goalkeeper.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #285 on: February 7, 2020, 08:05:29 pm »
I'm not particularly serious about it. Everton I'm serious about in that they are main rivals but in this context I'm not necessarily. If it came across that way then sorry.

What I would say is that a lot of people on here are all to willing to jump in on what other fans say. But very willing to throw out opinions that aren't founded with that much evidence. I was denigrating Chirivella in any way. Just pointing out that there isn't the game time and therefore evidence to make any strong suggestions about him. Imagine what the reaction would be if Oliver Skipp had a good game  Everton and Shrewsbury in the FA Cup and they were saying he was better than Keita. That's how I view someone say Chirivella is better than someone like Jorginho.

As a more general point the quality of posts on RAWK recently has been quote poor compared to what it's been in the past. The good posters (Royhendo, Medellin, Timbo, Yorkie, LallanainPyjamas, Snail, Treeless, Jack Ward and others) are feeling like they are lost in the noise somewhat. I don't always agree at all with those posters but their opinion is considered and not always rose tinted. People will view this instance as me not being a supporter of one of our players but this feels a bit like the summer window when people were crying about our lack of depth in the front 3 and I was saying City might suffer due to their lack of depth at centre back. The only difference was I was taking the positive (or maybe more balanced view) on that occasion.

People are too high or too low on things. Everything is very reactionary on here (and other places) to what happened recently rather taking a wider viewpoint of a situation. My opinion is that forum needs people who are at least more considered at some point. To provide some sanity and rein people in on occasions.

Maybe it's time for me to take a break from RAWK for a bit. It's a time to enjoy being a Liverpool supporter not arguing with each other.

Mate, I understand that the Jorginho comparison was way overboard, but you've taken the Everton comment too seriously. Also, don't worry about the voice of good posters. RAWK has always had good posters and also noise, but good posts have always found their way, there's nothing to really overthink about it  :)

There's nothing really to argue here imo.

Offline daggerdoo

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #286 on: February 7, 2020, 09:08:32 pm »
I've been impressed with him over the past few seasons. He's shown he can hold his own for the first team in the cup and pre season games, but he just doesn't strike me as the kind of player who could sustain any kind of game time for us.
For all his tenacity he's too lightweight, slow on the turn and doesn't read the game quick enough, probably down to lack of first team football.
Had he found a decent club earlier on I think you're looking at a mid-table PL team regular, at best.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #287 on: February 7, 2020, 10:14:32 pm »

If you talk about me, I said he'd be a starter in the Championship but I doubt he'd start for any Premier League first teams at least at this moment in time.
Linudden.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #288 on: February 7, 2020, 10:17:23 pm »
If you talk about me, I said he'd be a starter in the Championship but I doubt he'd start for any Premier League first teams at least at this moment in time.

Is this based on your extensive viewing of him, or your extensive viewing of the Championship? Or indeed both?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #289 on: February 7, 2020, 10:19:35 pm »
Is this based on your extensive viewing of him, or your extensive viewing of the Championship? Or indeed both?

Gut feeling mate :)

Appreciate the question.
Linudden.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: February 8, 2020, 12:10:59 am »
Irrespective of his abilities, the issue is that Pedro is probably 7th or 8th down the list in terms of the 3 CM's that we employ in games. In terms of a being a DM, even there we have Fabinho, Hendo, Gini and Lallana whom I think Klopp would play first before he named Pedro. For this reason, the main thing is that young players like this need to be playing a lot of games. I'm not sure exactly what his level is, I don't think there's enough information available at the moment to say whether he's Premier League level or Championship, or maybe he's better off in La Liga or Serie A or even the Dutch or Scottish leagues. What we do know is that you can be on the fringes at LFC and then make your way to other clubs and give a good account of yourself there - just look at Ings, Ryan Kent, Conor Coady. IMHO, I think that is his best option is to seek a move and then get more first team football. He's certainly had a very good education and I think he can definitely make a good career for himself somewhere. Rangers wouldn't be a bad shout as they have Gerrard there who could aid in his development further, and I think they play an ageing Stephen Davis at the heart of their midfield and could probably due with some reinforcements for not much money. I reckon he'd probably do quite well there.

Offline momo22

• Legacy Fan
Re: Pedro (Chirivella)
« Reply #291 on: February 9, 2020, 10:07:48 pm »
Some Nice words from Neil Critchley on Pedro:

Neil Critchley is unable to think of a player more deserving than Pedro Chirivella to be receiving opportunities to represent Liverpool in senior football.

Chirivella impressed once again on Tuesday night as a youthful side advanced to the fifth round of the FA Cup by beating Shrewsbury Town in a replay at Anfield.

It was the Spaniard's sixth appearance for the Reds this season, with each one of them earned by his work and dedication on the training ground.

"Pedro has been incredible," Critchley told Liverpoolfc.com. "He is an unbelievable person to work with. He just loves football, loves playing and would play every day.

"For such a young player and a young person, he has unbelievable intelligence and experience of playing the game and he passes that on to everyone around him.

"He gives everything to the team and for the team. He never thinks of himself and he sacrifices himself all of the time.

"I am so delighted for him that he is reaping the rewards of all the hard work and effort he puts in."

The 22-year-old captained Liverpool in the League Cup quarter-final at Aston Villa in December, though Critchley stressed he certainly doesn't need an armband in order to lead by example.

"He is first on the training ground every day, he plays like a real leader and the boys love him for that," the U23s boss continued.

"Sometimes you say use your experience but I think that's more in terms of an older player, 30 or beyond. But you are only experienced if you use that experience for the benefit of the team - Pedro does that all of the time.

"I'm so proud of Pedro as a person and the experience he is getting at the moment he deserves it more than anyone."

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/academy/386238-neil-critchley-lauds-pedro-chirivella?fbclid=IwAR3gwfwPZIT1hBB8x3s6_zQ2UXG8StnX8rMoL9u8U2ROOgqLOvunNPam_-k
Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down to the basement and say, "Hey Mr. Nugget - you the bomb. We sellin' chicken faster than you can tear the bone out. So I'm gonna write my clowney ass name on this fat-ass cheque for you."

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: February 9, 2020, 11:21:56 pm »
Hes not really that young to be honest

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: February 9, 2020, 11:30:08 pm »
Hes not really that young to be honest

He's younger than 23 and older than 21 at the moment.

Anyway, nice for him that he's being singled out. He's earned it, even though it's presumably to help big him up to potential suitors and because he probably should have been captain ahead of Jones strictly speaking

Offline aussie_ox

• Main Stander
  • LFC Blood Red all the way
« Reply #294 on: February 10, 2020, 12:18:45 am »
Where to for a player like Chirivella?  Obviously won't be able to break into our midfield but would be nice to extend his contract so we actually get a decent fee for him.   Expecting a lower La Liga side would be keen.   
Klopp that!

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #295 on: February 12, 2020, 12:29:15 am »
Real shame to be honest. Always thought he was a bit to light weight but looks like he is a tad stronger now. Deep lying midfielder with a good pass on him too (and decent tackle). Whats his play been like in the youth sides recently? . Just watching him makes me feel (like others have mentioned) he would be better in Serie A or La Liga (Suso/Luis Alberto  etc)

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #296 on: June 16, 2020, 01:49:06 pm »
A very classy farewell from Pedro, can only wish him the very best in France!

https://twitter.com/pedrochb97/status/1272870116108242946?s=20

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: June 16, 2020, 06:02:31 pm »
A very classy farewell from Pedro, can only wish him the very best in France!

https://twitter.com/pedrochb97/status/1272870116108242946?s=20

Good luck to him.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #298 on: June 16, 2020, 06:40:08 pm »
Good lad, best of luck Pedro.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #299 on: June 16, 2020, 06:40:40 pm »
Good luck to him

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #300 on: July 18, 2022, 12:52:31 pm »
Enjoyed this article by the Echo, in which they catch up with Pedro Chirivella a couple of years on from his departure from Anfield.

Clearly had some real lows during this time with us, but speaks about a good relationship with his managers and how some of the highs towards the end of his stay with us help reframe his memory of his time overall.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/pedro-chirivella-liverpool-exclusive-breaking-24511085

EXCLUSIVE: Pedro Chirivella was left in tears by £200,000 Liverpool mistake before leaving after glorious high

Nantes French Cup winning star Pedro Chirivella speaks exclusively to the ECHO about his seven-year stay at Liverpool, which had one devastating low but ended with two famous cup victories

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #303 on: August 11, 2023, 06:03:39 pm »
Enjoyed this article by the Echo, in which they catch up with Pedro Chirivella a couple of years on from his departure from Anfield.

Clearly had some real lows during this time with us, but speaks about a good relationship with his managers and how some of the highs towards the end of his stay with us help reframe his memory of his time overall.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/pedro-chirivella-liverpool-exclusive-breaking-24511085

Enjoyed that, good read, some hard times for him here for sure but it sounds like he has a lot of love for the club. The derby performance was unforgettable in the FA Cup. After leaving he's won a trophy with Nantes and is now their captain judging by the post above with plenty of good years ahead of him. A nice success story for the academy.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: August 12, 2023, 08:47:38 am »
New Nantes Captain.
https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2023/official-pedro-chirivella-handed-nantes-captaincy/
Really pleased for him that he's doing so well after leaving, well deserved and you can see his work ethic that got him through tough times here has translated well if he's already their captain

Would love to read something similar in a year or two for Nat Phillips, if leadership interests him, although he and Chirivella both had sliding doors moments at the end of their last contracts here. Both were offered new contracts by LFC, to preserve their value so they could be sold on for profit (rather than play them) on the books. Looked like two years later he might leave to Leeds but that's gone quiet now