Author Topic: MotoGP Thread  (Read 15077 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: MotoGP Thread
« Reply #160 on: March 5, 2022, 01:30:12 pm »
Sundays, mainly the mornings, are interesting again :thumbup
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #161 on: March 5, 2022, 01:56:12 pm »
Sundays, mainly the mornings, are interesting again :thumbup

Who's your title pick Rob? Last two years were super hard to predict once the infamous day at Jerez happened.
Linudden.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: March 5, 2022, 02:16:33 pm »
Who's your title pick Rob? Last two years were super hard to predict once the infamous day at Jerez happened.

All depends on how well Marquez has recovered. If he's anywhere near fully fit and if mentally still prepared to push beyond the limits, cannot see beyond him. If he's not back to his best then Pecco looked really strong last season, so I'd say between him and one of the Suzuki guys. Think Pecco will still push a fit MM this season though
« Last Edit: March 5, 2022, 02:19:29 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #163 on: March 5, 2022, 02:24:45 pm »
Mir would be an interesting candidate as a former champion and also having a very consistent year last term. It really was low-key and he never looked like winning races but he somehow ended third. If Suzuki genuinely have taken an extra step with the engine he might be able to make a run. That being said, he needs his second career win sooner rather than later for that to be the case.

As much as I like Bagnaia, I suspect that Ducati's advantage has been negated and he'll largely be back on a level playing field with his main competitors. I'm not sure he's resilient enough for a title battle yet. He crashed out from the lead in three separate home Grands Prix in the past two years. That bothers me with him. For example, I can't think of once that Rossi crashed out of a race lead, can you? For Marc I only remember one occasion when the engine brake malfunctioned. Besides that, the greatest champions tend to keep it together when out front and the bike is working. Bagnaia not so much. At least not yet.
Linudden.

Offline 19th Nervous Title

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #164 on: March 6, 2022, 04:13:56 pm »
Early days, but on the the strength of the first race Suzuki and KTM have found improvements. Gresini Racing's Enea Bastianini is best of the Ducati's on a 2021 bike. An emotional win for the team. So glad the wait is over.
Emily Hobhouse. Britain's finest.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: March 6, 2022, 10:19:47 pm »
Brilliant result for Gresini, very very emotional for Nadia and the team after the sad loss of Fausto to covid. Hope its not the last win this season, Enea is such a likeable lad.

And 221.5 mph out of that GP21 Ducati  :o
« Last Edit: March 6, 2022, 10:33:49 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: March 20, 2022, 08:35:54 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zOEBn0LHxxM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zOEBn0LHxxM</a>
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #167 on: March 20, 2022, 09:47:31 am »
Yeah they fucked up the track surface for dry conditions there. Probably need to consult the Sepang guys on how to do it. Everytime I've seen a motor race in Indonesia the track surface is either breaking apart or in a shambles. I remember a 2008 GP2 Asia race at Sentul where part of the track basically disintegrated.

Hoping for some normalcy in two weeks, although Argentina has had its problems in the past.
Linudden.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: June 24, 2022, 10:45:09 am »
Amazing to see this, imagine riding a 500cc GP bike while paraplegic?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dPkCDenpoGw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dPkCDenpoGw</a>
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: November 4, 2022, 08:16:02 am »
For those of us interested in the sport, its going to be a great weekend. Peco SHOULD win the title, but as we all know, bike racing can be unpredictable.

Can't wait for Sunday
Jurgen YNWA

Online Rosario

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #170 on: November 4, 2022, 11:27:47 am »
Peco should win but all it takes is for him to push a bit too hard on a slightly cold tire which would be easy for him to do in Valencia in November and it could be all over for him and Ducati if Fabio can get his part of the equation done. Hope he gets it done though Ducati have put some good bikes together since Stoner got them their lone title, especially the last 5-6 years so feels like it’s finally their time to take the chocolates.
« Last Edit: November 4, 2022, 11:34:52 am by Rosario »

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: November 4, 2022, 05:28:33 pm »
Peco should win but all it takes is for him to push a bit too hard on a slightly cold tire which would be easy for him to do in Valencia in November and it could be all over for him and Ducati if Fabio can get his part of the equation done. Hope he gets it done though Ducati have put some good bikes together since Stoner got them their lone title, especially the last 5-6 years so feels like it’s finally their time to take the chocolates.

Nerves seem to be getting to Pecco, hope he can sort his head and just goes out and races on Sunday. If he wobbles around trying for top 14, he could end up throwing it in the gravel. If he does go out of the race, he's going to have to hope Enea or Marini can win it.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #172 on: November 6, 2022, 01:00:24 pm »
Here we go.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: November 6, 2022, 01:01:17 pm »
C'mon Pecco
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: November 6, 2022, 01:03:35 pm »
Fabios gonna bin it
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: November 6, 2022, 03:42:23 pm »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: February 8, 2023, 08:48:28 am »
Leeeaaannnnn

Jurgen YNWA

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: November 24, 2023, 06:44:59 pm »
Kudos to Dorna for scheduling their title decider halfway through the F1 race.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: November 24, 2023, 07:07:44 pm »
Missing the sprint race tomorrow as I'm working, need to keep off FB so I don't see the result. My lad will have to watch the recording after our game tomorrow.

My lad thinks Martin is going to be Champion, I think he's gonna bin it in the main race.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: November 24, 2023, 08:16:39 pm »
I think Martin overrides - he's still going on about the tyre fault last week, which is understandable in the situation but won't help.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: November 26, 2023, 12:18:08 pm »
I think Martin overrides - he's still going on about the tyre fault last week, which is understandable in the situation but won't help.

He's a right prick, do not like him at all. If he wins, Pecco only needs a 5th, so I can see Martin trying to put Pecco in the gravel with a dangerous overtake in the first two or three corners.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: November 26, 2023, 02:16:06 pm »
He's a right prick, do not like him at all. If he wins, Pecco only needs a 5th, so I can see Martin trying to put Pecco in the gravel with a dangerous overtake in the first two or three corners.
Martin crashed out, albeit trying to overtake Marquez.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Offline child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: November 26, 2023, 02:18:35 pm »
Looking at the replay now, he did try to put Bagnaia out on that first turn in lap 3.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: November 26, 2023, 08:27:30 pm »
Looking at the replay now, he did try to put Bagnaia out on that first turn in lap 3.

I thought that at the time, little prick
Jurgen YNWA