Author Topic: Wrexham FC  (Read 49121 times)

Offline Mother.F

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The survival of Wrexham FC
« Reply #80 on: January 5, 2011, 01:23:07 am »
Greed is truly everywhere.

Petition signed and emails sent. I hope your efforts have an impact.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: January 5, 2011, 02:27:11 am »
Signee 1492, CornerFlag turned the RAWK air blue.

"Fuck off you money-grabbing c**ts".
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Roy of the rovers

• TORY Supporter - proof being he voted for Blair...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: January 5, 2011, 10:04:02 am »
Done!

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #83 on: January 5, 2011, 03:48:26 pm »
Done.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Sar75

• no common sents
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #84 on: January 5, 2011, 04:06:15 pm »
Done.
Good luck to you with your fight for Wrexham's survival.
To work hard and have our supporters behind us and believing until the end, you run a little bit more.
Rafa Benitez

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #85 on: January 5, 2011, 04:06:23 pm »
Signed.

"Fuck off you money-grabbing c**ts".

+1.

Offline AdamS

• Hey I'm Not Camp! But I am a tart...
  • Legacy Fan
    • BollockyBoo
« Reply #86 on: January 5, 2011, 04:44:17 pm »
As a Wrexham lad thanks very much for the support! Fans united against greedy bastards!
If A is a success in life, than A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut.

Offline Sweeper

• Give a little whistle
  • Kopite
  • Lifelong Rafa Supporter
« Reply #87 on: January 5, 2011, 04:59:07 pm »
No. 2279 - Done
Cut the Cancer from our club NOW!  Thank you Rafa for your class, dignity, humility...and for being one of us!

Pheeny

« Reply #88 on: January 7, 2011, 07:07:14 pm »
just a little bump..

and Adam, Bwlchgwyn is not Wrexham ;)

Pheeny

« Reply #89 on: January 7, 2011, 08:28:52 pm »
Directors' Statement
Posted on: Fri 07 Jan 2011

This is an open letter which is available to both fans and the press to clarify the current changes taking place within the group that is Wrexham Village. We wish to put the record straight regarding the restructure and the effect that this will have upon Wrexham FC and Crusaders, so as to correct any misunderstandings.

We are well aware that all fans were deeply disturbed by the previous owners attempt to sell the ground to B&Q. Please be assured that Wrexham Village Ltd is firmly and passionately committed to the preservation and future of the Racecourse Ground as a sporting venue.

We are proud of the Racecourse, the football club's history and their importance to the town of Wrexham. We are also extremely focused on the improvement of this facility and the future of top class sport in North Wales.

There are no similarities at all in the plans we have for the future of the Racecourse with those that the previous owners had. You may recall that in excess of ten thousand people signed a petition to protect the Racecourse in the Wrexham UDP plan. Indeed, I signed that petition.

It is Wrexham Village Ltd's intention to transfer the Racecourse Ground within the group that already owns it and to grant a long lease of a minimum of 25 years to both the Football Club and Rugby League Club, on the same terms, and for those clubs to contribute on a fair basis to the running costs of the Racecourse which they both did last year. It will not be the intention to charge the football club or the rugby club other than the running costs and there will not be a profit element generated. There has been some misunderstanding and for the avoidance of doubt the only comment I ever made about the money was to reiterate the actual cost of running the Racecourse as an entity. It seems reasonable for those sporting clubs that are using the facilities to share the costs of running the stadium on a fair and equitable basis. If the clubs do not bear the costs then there is no other party that will do so. It is our intention to offer an option to purchase the stadium within the football club's lease at a mutually convenient timeframe with any new owner.

Another huge benefit of having the stadium as a separate entity is that it will make it easier to apply for and obtain grants for modernisation and improvements from government sources and sporting governing bodies. One of the issues these bodies have is giving grants to a sporting organisation that is and has been losing money because of the financial risk. The losses also bring up issues of fairness with other clubs in Wales. As has been stated, we are holding ongoing talks with FAW and the local authority regarding capital investment applications into the Racecourse Ground, as well as bidding for football and rugby league international games. We hope to host Rugby League 4 Nations matches in 2011 and Rugby League World Cup matches in 2013.

It is common knowledge that Wrexham Football Club is for sale and after a number of enquiries there are two clear groups of investors that have emerged with the funds to take the club forward and invest in enhancing the club further. They also appear committed to the future of Wrexham Football Club and intent on gaining promotion out of this league. Both groups are happy with the above option, as it allows them to invest more in the short-term with the option to purchase the ground depending on how successful they or the team are.

Wrexham Village and Geoff Moss have financially supported the football club to the tune of £1.5 million since the beginning of Oct 2009. Wrexham Village also purchased the development site adjacent to the Racecourse at an inflated price to clear Wrexham Football Club's historic debt, putting the business funding in a depleted situation

The last few days for myself, Geoff and our families and business activities have been one of the most harrowing times ever experienced whilst being involved in Wrexham Football Club. We have and are continually receiving numerous amount of emails and facebook comments of a threatening and abusive nature, and this is quite disconcerting given the level of money, free time and support we have both given over the years to the football club.

We are now at the position that we have given our all financially, mentally and physically to Wrexham Football Club and I ask the people of Wrexham is it fair to expect any person to contribute so much that is listed and to be in this intolerable situation of receiving threats to ourselves, our families and our business activities?

In conclusion we hope that the above clarifies the situation, alleviates the fears and misunderstandings and that we can all work to ensure a successful and positive future for the football club, Crusaders and the Racecourse.

Yours faithfully,

Geoff Moss and Ian Roberts

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: January 7, 2011, 08:38:08 pm »
That... actually sounds relatively reasonable...
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Pheeny

« Reply #91 on: January 7, 2011, 09:04:11 pm »
That... actually sounds relatively reasonable...
indeed it does.

Pheeny

« Reply #92 on: January 7, 2011, 10:24:45 pm »
just received this email

Dear Antony
I write further to my earlier e-mail acknowledging the concerns that you had expressed regarding the press article at the beginning of the week concerning the Racecourse.
Since my earlier e-mail I have met with representatives of the WST and I have today held preliminary discussions with the directors of the football club also involving Council officers. It is my intention to arrange further meetings with the club and the football authorities over coming weeks. I shall also hold further meetings with the fans groups.
We all need to work towards a solution which will secure the future of the Racecourse and secure further development of the ground so that we can regain international status.
As soon as there are any developments I will ensure that this information is made available and published.

Regards, Aled Roberts

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #93 on: January 7, 2011, 11:14:27 pm »
Seems a decent bloke, he replied again today......

Hi Phil,

I write further to my earlier e-mail acknowledging the concerns that you
had expressed regarding the press article at the beginning of the week
concerning the Racecourse.
Since my earlier e-mail I have met with representatives of the WST and I
have today held preliminary discussions with the directors of the
football club also involving Council officers. It is my intention to
arrange further meetings with the club and the football authorities over
coming weeks. I shall also hold further meetings with the fans groups.
We all need to work towards a solution which will secure the future of
the Racecourse and secure further development of the ground so that we
can regain international status.
As soon as there are any developments I will ensure that this
information is made available and published.

Regards, Aled Roberts
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Raz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: January 7, 2011, 11:19:38 pm »
Done.
He then starts trying to punch the ghost and starts telling it to fuck off

Offline humph77

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #95 on: January 7, 2011, 11:20:42 pm »
just received this email

Dear Antony
I write further to my earlier e-mail acknowledging the concerns that you had expressed regarding the press article at the beginning of the week concerning the Racecourse.
Since my earlier e-mail I have met with representatives of the WST and I have today held preliminary discussions with the directors of the football club also involving Council officers. It is my intention to arrange further meetings with the club and the football authorities over coming weeks. I shall also hold further meetings with the fans groups.
We all need to work towards a solution which will secure the future of the Racecourse and secure further development of the ground so that we can regain international status.
As soon as there are any developments I will ensure that this information is made available and published.

Regards, Aled Roberts

Got that too - sent one back politely asking to be kept informed on further developments and hoping for assurances on Racecourse and Wrexham LFC.
Here's hoping eh

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: January 7, 2011, 11:27:15 pm »
All done

Selling their souls.
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline Emerald Red

• Legacy Fan
  • since 1956
« Reply #97 on: January 8, 2011, 06:27:21 am »
done

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: January 8, 2011, 09:49:36 am »
Recieved yest ..as above..Good to see them replying,
Dear Shane
I write further to my earlier e-mail acknowledging the concerns that you
had expressed regarding the press article at the beginning of the week
concerning the Racecourse.
etc...

Regards, Aled Roberts
bollocks

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: January 8, 2011, 09:53:34 am »
Directors' Statement
Posted on: Fri 07 Jan 2011

Yours faithfully,

Geoff Moss and Ian Roberts

Sounds a good and reasoned plan.
bollocks

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2011, 04:50:22 pm »
just recieved

Good afternoon,

As you have recently contacted me on the issue of Wrexham Football Club I thought I would update you with the latest statement I have given to the press regarding the club. I will continue to do my best to keep fans updated with developments.

Many thanks,

Ian Lucas MP

PRESS STATEMENT:

Wrexham MP Ian Lucas said: “I am hoping to meet with Wrexham Football Club’s directors very soon although this has not yet proved possible as one of them has been out of the country.

“When I do meet them, I will be setting out my concerns and those of people who have contacted me about recent developments at the club.

“For the sake of clarity, I believe that there is no part of the Racecourse site which should not remain with the club.

“As much income as possible is needed for the club to be viable and recent building developments received the backing they did on the basis that they were in the best interests of the club and of the town. I am talking to the council about the actions they are taking in this respect.

“I condemn any abusive behaviour towards club staff by fans and I do not believe such actions help secure the future of Wrexham Football Club.

“Securing that club’s future, and securing it at the Racecourse, should be the focus of everyone involved. I will make sure the directors of the club are told my views clearly when we meet.”

bollocks

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: February 11, 2011, 11:57:14 pm »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/wrexham/9395031.stm

However, Wrexham's directors confirmed that ex-Chester owner Stephen Vaughan has shown an interest in investing in the club.

oh noes

Offline David H

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: February 12, 2011, 12:19:06 am »
done

Offline Nice Guy Davey

• Official Orange Wednesday supplier to JerseyKopite
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Can you imagine Doobiein your funk ?
« Reply #103 on: February 12, 2011, 12:36:52 am »
Done, best of luck lads
Nunquam Solitari Ambulabitis

Offline Wish Matrix

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: February 12, 2011, 04:45:44 am »
Not sure if my geography location matters since I'm outside UK. Signed.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him (Jurgen Klopp) as the next Liverpool manager

Offline rushs-tash

• Kopite
  • "If you do X, Y & Z - Bob's your uncle"
« Reply #105 on: February 12, 2011, 10:21:01 am »
Done.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2011, 03:53:14 am »
I signed and e-mailed as soon as I saw this; another son of Wrexham, I was actually born in a pre-fab opposite the ground.

Any further news Pheeney?
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Pheeny

« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2011, 04:54:07 pm »
Protests at the game today.Fans have stormed the directors box according to twitter.

Pheeny

« Reply #108 on: February 23, 2011, 10:41:36 am »
Just received this email...

Dear Mr Phoenix

Further to our previous correspondence, I have now had the opportunity to meet with Jonathan Ford, Chief Executive of the Football Association, Wales.  He is working very closely with the Local Authority and the Football Club, to see how the FAW can assist the protection of the Racecourse Stadium, at this very difficult time. 

I am continuing to work closely with all partners, including Glyndŵr University, to see what can be done for the long term security of the Racecourse Stadium, and will keep you informed of progress.

Yours sincerely

Lesley Griffiths, AM

Offline Sindri

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2011, 11:33:25 am »
Signed. Up to 4084

Offline Jellies

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: February 23, 2011, 11:36:05 am »
Signed and e-mailed. Best of luck in your fight and let us know if we can do anything.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: February 23, 2011, 01:23:20 pm »
Just received this email...

Dear Mr Phoenix...

Ditto
bollocks

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #112 on: February 23, 2011, 11:43:46 pm »
So whats happening now is the club being sold and the ground aswell?

Pheeny

« Reply #114 on: February 24, 2011, 09:14:56 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rYFVA5V8zrg?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowFullScreen&quot; value=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowscriptaccess&quot; value=&quot;always&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;embed src=&quot;http://www.youtube.com/v/rYFVA5V8zrg?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&quot; type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot; allowscriptaccess=&quot;always&quot; allowfullscreen=&quot;true&quot; width=&quot;480&quot; height=&quot;390&quot;&gt;&lt;/embed&gt;&lt;/object&gt;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/rYFVA5V8zrg?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowFullScreen&quot; value=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name=&quot;allowscriptaccess&quot; value=&quot;always&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;embed src=&quot;http://www.youtube.com/v/rYFVA5V8zrg?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&quot; type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot; allowscriptaccess=&quot;always&quot; allowfullscreen=&quot;true&quot; width=&quot;480&quot; height=&quot;390&quot;&gt;&lt;/embed&gt;&lt;/object&gt;</a>

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: February 24, 2011, 10:39:24 am »
Looks like they even got their very own mid east lurker..

Good luck to them..Looks a tense week ahead
bollocks

Pheeny

« Reply #116 on: March 5, 2011, 03:01:05 pm »
Just been announced at the game today that the club has been sold to Stephanie Booth.More details to follow.

Pheeny

« Reply #117 on: March 5, 2011, 03:20:04 pm »
From Twitter...
adamspiby adam spiby
Wrexham FC are being bought by Stephanie Booth a woman who used to have a penis and made her money by selling sex toys and porn films.
:lmao

Offline Wish Matrix

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: March 6, 2011, 03:16:04 am »
From Twitter...
adamspiby adam spiby
Wrexham FC are being bought by Stephanie Booth a woman who used to have a penis and made her money by selling sex toys and porn films.
:lmao

:o

Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him (Jurgen Klopp) as the next Liverpool manager

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #119 on: March 7, 2011, 07:27:59 am »
The one off that TV programme called hotel stephanie