Author Topic: It's Snowing!!  (Read 305273 times)

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
Re: It's Snowing!!
« Reply #4480 on: January 19, 2023, 11:32:14 am »
Yes. Classic example. In this country the obsession is on penny-pinching and cutting corners. This always leads to neglect and decay, which eventually and inevitably leads to it costing more to eventually solve than it would have to maintain correctly and adequately.

Neglect today, pay through the nose later. That's what happens when the first consideration is always cost rather than value. Just going on cost leaves the system inflexible and always on the edge of breaking down. That's Tory ideology though.  :butt

:thumbup

In a nutshell.

Public services used to be staffed to the level of being able to cope with all but the more extreme busy times. It meant that there were times workers had slack periods and could coast for a while before workloads would ramp up again. That all started getting stripped out in the 80's accelerated through the 90's, even continued in the 00's, then another acceleration in the 10's. The aim appears to find the level where services can just about cope in slack times, then blame staff when they're overloaded or bring in agency workers (costing twice as much)

The NHS is the most glaring case in point
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4481 on: January 19, 2023, 12:13:20 pm »
Yes. Classic example. In this country the obsession is on penny-pinching and cutting corners. This always leads to neglect and decay, which eventually and inevitably leads to it costing more to eventually solve than it would have to maintain correctly and adequately.

Neglect today, pay through the nose later. That's what happens when the first consideration is always cost rather than value. Just going on cost leaves the system inflexible and always on the edge of breaking down. That's Tory ideology though.  :butt

The last Tory council for Trafford flogged council services off to Amey - now we get huge floods every time it rains through lack of drainage as they never clear the gulleys anymore. The leaves are just left on the pavements, its shit. Labour have fined them a couple of times already, last one was £1million.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #4482 on: January 19, 2023, 12:17:49 pm »
MCR airport. Wow. That's like a centimetre and a half? Absolutely pathetic......

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-64303783

That barely qualifies as a dusting!!!!!! And the comment at the end - it's not about surface area, you muppet, it's about prioritising taxiways, runways and aprons of that dusting......jesus wept what a country it's become......

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4483 on: January 19, 2023, 12:22:50 pm »
MCR airport. Wow. That's like a centimetre and a half? Absolutely pathetic......

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-64303783

That barely qualifies as a dusting!!!!!! And the comment at the end - it's not about surface area, you muppet, it's about prioritising taxiways, runways and aprons of that dusting......jesus wept what a country it's become......

What a twat.

In 2013, we flew back from Tenerife, a woman and her lad we met out there, who are now friends of ours, was on a flight just over a couple of hours behind us. We were the last flight allowed in as they closed the runway due to snow as soon as we landed, it was really deep, I reckon 4 to 6 inches on the grass when we touched down, we used the entire length of the runway to stop. Her plane landed on time as the runway was cleared in about 30/60 mins - the snow was that bad she abandoned trying to get home to Aughton and stayed at a nearby hotel instead.

10 years later they can no longer cope :no
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4484 on: January 19, 2023, 01:04:26 pm »
Slightly odd question maybe. Do you think Manchester airport is extra cautious with the snow because of Munich?

Or maybe they're just disorganised, similar to their security check halls.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4485 on: January 19, 2023, 01:07:18 pm »
Slightly odd question maybe. Do you think Manchester airport is extra cautious with the snow because of Munich?

Or maybe they're just disorganised, similar to their security check halls.

Nah they're just disorganised, cost cutting muppets - in fact, if they considered Munich, they'd be ultra careful and have the best equipped airport in the UK for snow clearance.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #4486 on: January 19, 2023, 01:12:23 pm »
I'd definitely want those plane wings de-icing before take off.  :o
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4487 on: January 19, 2023, 01:17:07 pm »
Nah they're just disorganised, cost cutting muppets - in fact, if they considered Munich, they'd be ultra careful and have the best equipped airport in the UK for snow clearance.
I'd agree with that. Being extra cautious would probably see them over-prepared rather than under-prepared.

I wonder what the delays have actually cost? Possibly a lot more than being properly prepared and resourced would have cost.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4488 on: January 19, 2023, 01:20:53 pm »
I'd definitely want those plane wings de-icing before take off.  :o

They do it just before you taxi out, the push you back from the stand then do it then IIRC, I know we had to be de-iced a few winters ago leaving Manc for Tenerife

I'd agree with that. Being extra cautious would probably see them over-prepared rather than under-prepared.

I wonder what the delays have actually cost? Possibly a lot more than being properly prepared and resourced would have cost.

It'll run into the millions. The biggest killer is working hours. Having spoken to crews, they will get a short run, say Malaga and back, then do a longer run, say Crete and back (we had this scenario last year), which they can fit into their 12 hour day. Once you have a two hour delay or even longer, you've lost the second flight as they'll run out of hours, so you need to get a standby crew in, but delay enough flights and you won't have the crews to cover and have to cancel.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 01:27:10 pm by rob1966 »

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #4489 on: January 19, 2023, 01:22:38 pm »
They do it just before you taxi out, the push you back from the stand then do it then IIRC, I know we had to be de-iced a few winters ago leaving Manc for Tenerife
Yup, a last-second thing, just before taxiing out.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4490 on: January 19, 2023, 01:27:54 pm »
Yup, a last-second thing, just before taxiing out.

Thought so, stops it re-icing before take off

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4491 on: January 19, 2023, 01:30:34 pm »
Quite.

As the saying goes: They know the cost of everything and the value of nothing.

Just about to say the same.
Close down sure starts - demand for other services increases
Close down schools for kids with special needs - more resource needed in mainstream schools and the average kids suffer
Underinvest in social care - hospital beds blocked
Cut numbers in the Police - then have to re recruit from a smaller pool of candidates.
Privatise the trains - end up subsidising train co's. I could go on.

There's zero strategic thinking in this country.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4492 on: January 19, 2023, 01:31:26 pm »
I've been watching too much Aircrash Investigation on telly.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4493 on: January 19, 2023, 01:34:58 pm »
Just about to say the same...

Run everything into the ground. Eventually the country comes to its senses and votes them out. Next ones in have to sort the mess, but it's so bad that it would take years and years to do. Public get impatient and vote them out, then re-elect the twats who caused it all in the first place..... Repeat ......

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4494 on: January 19, 2023, 02:06:52 pm »
Run everything into the ground. Eventually the country comes to its senses and votes them out. Next ones in have to sort the mess, but it's so bad that it would take years and years to do. Public get impatient and vote them out, then re-elect the twats who caused it all in the first place..... Repeat ......

And I can't go live in Spain because of the c*nts

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4495 on: January 19, 2023, 02:20:07 pm »
And I can't go live in Spain because of the c*nts
A fact not lost on us either, because Mrs S wanted us to eventually go and live in Menorca.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4496 on: January 19, 2023, 07:40:07 pm »
A fact not lost on us either, because Mrs S wanted us to eventually go and live in Menorca.

Futures changed because of racists pricks :no

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4497 on: January 19, 2023, 07:41:32 pm »
Went to meet the wife from work before, put my walking boots on as it was icy. Got near the school and thinking how its a disgrace that the pavements aren't gritted and next thing I know

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #4498 on: January 19, 2023, 07:47:14 pm »
Went to meet the wife from work before, put my walking boots on as it was icy. Got near the school and thinking how its a disgrace that the pavements aren't gritted and next thing I know

If he was wearing shorts, would have been all right...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4499 on: January 19, 2023, 09:25:51 pm »
Any injuries?

Last time I went over on ice I also had a hangover from the night before. The fall shook me to the core and gave me a blinding headache for the rest of the day.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #4500 on: January 19, 2023, 11:26:32 pm »
that's exactly what happened in 1979, the Heath government caused the social unrest and Labour got the blame when most of it was down to the Butler budget in 1972. The three day week was introduced by Heath yet Wilson/Callaghan still gets the blame for it.

Then we ended up with 18 years of the fuckers and 11 years of the wicked witch of the west.
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #4501 on: January 19, 2023, 11:28:28 pm »
Futures changed because of racists pricks :no
let's not forget the dopey ex-pats living it up in the sun who also thought it was a good idea. Thick as mince

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4502 on: January 20, 2023, 09:37:16 am »
Any injuries?

Last time I went over on ice I also had a hangover from the night before. The fall shook me to the core and gave me a blinding headache for the rest of the day.

Sprained left wrist and tail bone is sore as. Just before I went flying I was thinking I'd better not fall and break an ankle or something, off to Tenerife in 3 weeks...

let's not forget the dopey ex-pats living it up in the sun who also thought it was a good idea. Thick as mince

They were the ones I cannot understand, look at what free movement gives you, live in the sun, get treated on the NHS when you need to, win/win.

I know a fella, lives in Cornwall, has a place in France, voted leave. His French friends asked him what the fuck did he think he was doing? He realised quite quickly he'd been sold a pup.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4503 on: January 20, 2023, 09:54:35 am »
Sprained left wrist and tail bone is sore as. Just before I went flying I was thinking I'd better not fall and break an ankle or something, off to Tenerife in 3 weeks...

They were the ones I cannot understand, look at what free movement gives you, live in the sun, get treated on the NHS when you need to, win/win.

I know a fella, lives in Cornwall, has a place in France, voted leave. His French friends asked him what the fuck did he think he was doing? He realised quite quickly he'd been sold a pup.

My sister's the same mate.  Voted brexit because she's had a lifelong hatred of the EU due to dad and her ex husband brainwashing her about stupid rules like straight carrots, health & safety and human rights.

She couldn't wait to get her vote in without stopping to think that it would negatively effect her or her grandchildren and she still thinks it was a great idea and needed to be done.

She'd love to be living in medieval times, or Victorian or pre war for that "better way of life" though so that's possibly why.

She's desperate to move to Italy for the lifestyle, the weather and the fact she can buy a property with loads of land for peanuts and is now pissed off she can't.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4504 on: January 20, 2023, 10:02:32 am »

She's desperate to move to Italy for the lifestyle, the weather and the fact she can buy a property with loads of land for peanuts and is now pissed off she can't.

I hope you constantly remind her that before Brexit she could have

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #4505 on: January 20, 2023, 11:11:32 am »

Still chuckle at this vid

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/qHje5AhgV6E" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/qHje5AhgV6E</a>
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4506 on: January 20, 2023, 11:22:57 am »
I hope you constantly remind her that before Brexit she could have

Absolutely I do mate. 

She's still trying to suss out how she could work it being there for 90 days at a time but she wants land to grow stuff so I have to remind her that that's not happening as it's a full time job and she wouldn't pay someone to do it.

Plus where the hell does she live back here when she has to leave as she can't afford to have two homes 😂😂

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4507 on: January 23, 2023, 09:05:57 pm »
Just been out to shovel the sidewalk,couple of inches so far wet heavy snow.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #4508 on: March 8, 2023, 08:47:28 am »
Snow here today (South Wales) missus has had to go to work moaning like fuck, I have to take daughter to college as she won't drive herself in the snow. Due to snow all day, only a few inches so far but most of the schools are shut.

Bin men still going though, brave souls!

« Last Edit: March 8, 2023, 08:50:03 am by Wabaloolah »

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4509 on: March 8, 2023, 08:53:01 am »
Not had any yet but the wind coming from the north is bitter. Walked the lad to the bus stop (he's 12 and we still don't trust him to cross the main road on his own, its too bloody dangerous where the bus stop is) and walking back was freezing

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4510 on: March 8, 2023, 08:56:25 am »
Nothing here yet and hopefully it stays that way but it is really cold as the winds are coming straight off the sea 😟

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4511 on: March 8, 2023, 08:58:05 am »
Very sleety snow here this morning. Won’t settle. Shite.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4512 on: March 8, 2023, 09:32:36 am »
Got about 5 inches up at my work.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4513 on: March 8, 2023, 09:34:26 am »

Anybody else want the open goal?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4514 on: March 8, 2023, 09:34:47 am »

Enough about your workplace dalliances, how much snow have you got?

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4515 on: March 8, 2023, 10:31:03 am »
I was asking for that.  ;D

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #4516 on: March 8, 2023, 10:46:26 am »
I was asking for that.  ;D

so it was consensual then
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #4517 on: March 8, 2023, 11:46:46 am »

It was my first thought.  :wave
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #4518 on: March 8, 2023, 12:34:04 pm »

Passed up the Rob in shorts gag earlier up the thread... ;D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4519 on: March 8, 2023, 12:52:39 pm »
Still dry in Liverpool. Hasn't even felt all that cold.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art