Author Topic: The corruption fallacy - they’re all out to get us!  (Read 161420 times)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The corruption fallacy - they’re all out to get us!
« Reply #4520 on: April 30, 2024, 10:26:45 am »
(From a West Ham forum:)

My take on the Areola situation is that there is no way a Premier League keeper throws the ball down like that and pulls his socks up without having been told it’s a free kick.

I would say the ref said to him ‘it’s a free kick’ and ran away from him… then the Liverpool players had retreated and the ref was then thinking he could keep the game going shouting at Areola to play on. Areola doesn’t hear this and as per usual a Liverpool player tries to score a cheap goal, so the ref then gets into a panic and tells Areola to make out he needs treatment:

All in all it stems from the ref being out of control of the game, too many mixed signals from him.

(reply by another person)

Exactly I think the ref coc_ed up and ran up to him and said go down and fein injury ( if that was against us I'd be asking questions ) it's nice to get something for once :grin:

This person is clearly an moron that hasn't watched the incident.
At what point in a crowded penalty area from about 20 yards away (Areola was lying on the floor beside the post, Taylor was at the far corner of the 18 yard box) did Taylor tell him it was a free kick?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4521 on: April 30, 2024, 10:56:15 am »
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4522 on: April 30, 2024, 11:04:20 am »
This person is clearly an moron that hasn't watched the incident.
At what point in a crowded penalty area from about 20 yards away (Areola was lying on the floor beside the post, Taylor was at the far corner of the 18 yard box) did Taylor tell him it was a free kick?

Thats what we are up against. Instead of agreeing that Taylor has made a monumental fuck up, they're looking for ways to turn it on us and accuse us of cheating. Its why I wouldn't give a fuck if we pissed off the an ESL and fucked the Premier League off into oblivion.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4523 on: April 30, 2024, 11:07:42 am »
Thats what we are up against. Instead of agreeing that Taylor has made a monumental fuck up, they're looking for ways to turn it on us and accuse us of cheating. Its why I wouldn't give a fuck if we pissed off the an ESL and fucked the Premier League off into oblivion.

But the ESL was never created to replace the domestic league.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4524 on: April 30, 2024, 12:04:10 pm »
But the ESL was never created to replace the domestic league.

I know that, these fucknuggets and Sky didn't, they all thought it was the death of the PL when it wasn't BUT if we did go full ESL, the Premier League would deserve it.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline paisley1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Bob an ordinary man of extraordinary greatness.
« Reply #4525 on: April 30, 2024, 12:46:47 pm »
Guess who our referee is this weekend.
Back by popular demand Mr Paul Tierney come on down.
I've been here during the bad times,we finished second once.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4526 on: April 30, 2024, 12:51:19 pm »
It's like tag-teaming in wrestling. Apt given the openly scripted and choreographed nature of that "sports entertainment".
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4527 on: April 30, 2024, 01:59:50 pm »
I hope klopp lamps one of them before he finishes

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #4528 on: April 30, 2024, 07:27:33 pm »

The club just sit back and take it so why not?

At least we've got fuck all to play for, so Tierney can do his worst for all it matters.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4529 on: April 30, 2024, 08:10:02 pm »
The club just sit back and take it so why not?

At least we've got fuck all to play for, so Tierney can do his worst for all it matters.

Seriously, seeing as you constantly have digs at the club over this, what exactly do you want them to do?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4530 on: April 30, 2024, 08:31:03 pm »
Seriously, seeing as you constantly have digs at the club over this, what exactly do you want them to do?

Obviously Forest went about it wrong with their statement, but we have a Manchester referee practically every week. Is there nobody from the club ever querying this? The Forest chairman was on the phone to Webb about a supposed Luton fan on VAR before one of their games.

Not to mention Tierney's history with Klopp, yet he always gets our games.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4531 on: April 30, 2024, 08:55:47 pm »
Obviously Forest went about it wrong with their statement, but we have a Manchester referee practically every week. Is there nobody from the club ever querying this? The Forest chairman was on the phone to Webb about a supposed Luton fan on VAR before one of their games.

Not to mention Tierney's history with Klopp, yet he always gets our games.

Query it with who, Howard Webb? As has been said throughout this thread, the PGMOL is a closed shop of bezzie mates all looking after each other and covering each others backs. Pull Webb over the Manc referees and he'll just spout some bollocks about how they are all professional and will do the job fairly and without bias.

Until the PL clubs decide as a group to sort out PGMOL, nothing will change.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4532 on: April 30, 2024, 09:14:52 pm »
Query it with who, Howard Webb? As has been said throughout this thread, the PGMOL is a closed shop of bezzie mates all looking after each other and covering each others backs. Pull Webb over the Manc referees and he'll just spout some bollocks about how they are all professional and will do the job fairly and without bias.

We should be asking for a fairer distribution of referees, if nothing else, as we get the same few every week. Not that it makes much difference with the PGMOL mafia whoever we get.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4533 on: April 30, 2024, 09:36:26 pm »

It won't change, they all had their chance after the Spurs fuck up but rolled out the party line.. Then one by one they suffered the incompetence and complained individually.

It needs half the clubs to go to the Premership and demand change, with evidence. A few will resist but there is a growing number now.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #4534 on: April 30, 2024, 09:42:58 pm »
Gonna be a fuckin long summer for some of you lot :lmao
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #4535 on: April 30, 2024, 11:40:29 pm »
We should be asking for a fairer distribution of referees, if nothing else, as we get the same few every week. Not that it makes much difference with the PGMOL mafia whoever we get.

The PGMOL is being revamped even this season. There’s a push towards fast tracking talent, especially young talent, into the Select Group. There’s more accountability to the clubs now than before - yes, it might not feel that way, but there is a little bit and it will only get better hopefully. VAR is being refined and should see improvements next season. This is all driven by clubs, owners, spectator / customer  and media feedback but it’s a long process that will take time to bear fruit.
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4536 on: Yesterday at 12:25:48 am »
Clever strategy to make things much, much worse in the short term so that when things are just a bit worse in the long term then it feels like improvement. I should bring some of this to my work, might take the pressure off.

Offline Redbonnie

• Kopite
« Reply #4537 on: Yesterday at 06:44:43 am »
The PGMOL is being revamped even this season. There’s a push towards fast tracking talent, especially young talent, into the Select Group. There’s more accountability to the clubs now than before - yes, it might not feel that way, but there is a little bit and it will only get better hopefully. VAR is being refined and should see improvements next season. This is all driven by clubs, owners, spectator / customer  and media feedback but it’s a long process that will take time to bear fruit.

Too little to late for Jurgen sadly

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4538 on: Yesterday at 10:15:32 am »

That sounds great until you realise what will happen when young referres are recruited. They then get mentored by the older referees. They basically get brain washed into thinking in exactly the same way. Look after each other and above all protect the organisation at all costs. Then the older referees retire and go to work for the PGMOL.

The issue isn't the age of the referees. The issue is the culture at the PGMOL. It is the same as the Met. You can bring in as many young policemen as you want. Nothing changes though unless you change the culture. The Mets problem isn't the new recruits on the street it is the attitude of the senior officers who then mentor and effectively corrupt the new blood.

Give it 5-10 years and Webb will be gone but you will have the likes of Taylor or Tierney running the show. The PGMOL needs a root and branch reform and the culture changing.

As for accountability to the club's. Do you mean the odd meally mouthed apology and Webb given a platform on Sky to gaslight people. Webb has admitted that Taylor made a catastrophic error in the Everton and Forest game. He followed that up by cheating in the West Ham game. He is refereeing at the weekend.

So he has basically affected both the title race and the relegation race in consecutive weeks. Told a player to cheat yet there is zero accountability. He will take charge of Burnley v Newcastle a match that has implications for relegation with Burnley 2 points from safety and the European places with Newcastle 1 point behind United and 4 ahead of West hame. If a player had fixed the outcome of a result the way Taylor did would he be allowed to play this weekend?

I mean imagine how Forest feel about Taylor who fucked them over against Everton and got pelters for it then being given the Burnley game. Taylor should be suspended and facing an investigation not getting another opportunity to affect the relegation battle.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:18:04 am by Eeyore »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4539 on: Yesterday at 10:24:54 am »
Gonna be a fuckin long summer for some of you lot :lmao

I've got a boss summer sorted, airshows, lads 16th, him doing his first solo flight, MotoGP, going out with the family and totally ignoring football.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #4540 on: Yesterday at 10:34:06 am »
That sounds great until you realise what will happen when young referres are recruited. They then get mentored by the older referees. They basically get brain washed into thinking in exactly the same way. Look after each other and above all protect the organisation at all costs. Then the older referees retire and go to work for the PGMOL.

The issue isn't the age of the referees. The issue is the culture at the PGMOL. It is the same as the Met. You can bring in as many young policemen as you want. Nothing changes though unless you change the culture. The Mets problem isn't the new recruits on the street it is the attitude of the senior officers who then mentor and effectively corrupt the new blood.

Give it 5-10 years and Webb will be gone but you will have the likes of Taylor or Tierney running the show. The PGMOL needs a root and branch reform and the culture changing.

As for accountability to the club's. Do you mean the odd meally mouthed apology and Webb given a platform on Sky to gaslight people. Webb has admitted that Taylor made a catastrophic error in the Everton and Forest game. He followed that up by cheating in the West Ham game. He is refereeing at the weekend.

So he has basically affected both the title race and the relegation race in consecutive weeks. Told a player to cheat yet there is zero accountability. He will take charge of Burnley v Newcastle a match that has implications for relegation with Burnley 2 points from safety and the European places with Newcastle 1 point behind United and 4 ahead of West hame. If a player had fixed the outcome of a result the way Taylor did would he be allowed to play this weekend?

I mean imagine how Forest feel about Taylor who fucked them over against Everton and got pelters for it then being given the Burnley game. Taylor should be suspended and facing an investigation not getting another opportunity to affect the relegation battle.
The bit in bold is one of the most damning things for me. They are paid to uphold the integrity of the game on the field of play. Yet, in practice they are all about looking after themselves and their own failing organisation. It's more of a clique than a profession.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4541 on: Yesterday at 10:40:46 am »
I think a really easy win for PGMOL is to change the process so that VAR doesn't know what the on-field decision is. They'd have to judge each incident on it's merits rather than worry about "embarrassing their mate".

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4542 on: Yesterday at 10:47:19 am »
I've got a boss summer sorted, airshows, lads 16th, him doing his first solo flight, MotoGP, going out with the family and totally ignoring football.
It will be nice to get away from the stress of the officials fucking us over in every game!

Offline Lisan Al Gaib

• Main Stander
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #4543 on: Yesterday at 11:07:22 am »
I think a really easy win for PGMOL is to change the process so that VAR doesn't know what the on-field decision is. They'd have to judge each incident on it's merits rather than worry about "embarrassing their mate".

How on earth are they going to do that when they're watching the game?

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4544 on: Yesterday at 11:09:32 am »
Isn’t that what Darren England does anyway?

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4545 on: Yesterday at 11:18:04 am »
How on earth are they going to do that when they're watching the game?

Braille?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4546 on: Yesterday at 11:28:47 am »

That's gonna be a busy day on the one day of summer we'll get.  ;)

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4547 on: Yesterday at 11:34:31 am »
That's gonna be a busy day on the one day of summer we'll get.  ;)

He is doing his first solo flight in a jumbo jet full of his friends and family on his 16th birthday whilst doing a loop the loop over the Moto GP. ;)
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4548 on: Yesterday at 11:40:35 am »
He is doing his first solo flight in a jumbo jet full of his friends and family on his 16th birthday whilst doing a loop the loop over the Moto GP. ;)

;D

Then a footy drops out of the overhead luggage and ruins Rob's day.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4549 on: Yesterday at 12:05:49 pm »
;D

;D ;D
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4550 on: Yesterday at 12:26:30 pm »
;D

;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4551 on: Yesterday at 03:54:28 pm »
Then he finds out Howard Webb is the co pilot

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4552 on: Yesterday at 04:04:22 pm »
Then he finds out Howard Webb is the co pilot

I wish, my lad can then dump the c*nt in the Irish Sea from 4,000 ft ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4553 on: Yesterday at 04:22:28 pm »
I've got a boss summer sorted, airshows, lads 16th, him doing his first solo flight, MotoGP, going out with the family and totally ignoring football. the wife

Good man !

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4554 on: Yesterday at 04:40:35 pm »
I wish, my lad can then dump the c*nt in the Irish Sea from 4,000 ft ;D

Then you can say look officer, like you, pilots are human beings and everyone makes mistakes. They were both high, the button for the ejector set was in the middle of them and it was just a coming together. Good process.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #4555 on: Yesterday at 06:33:10 pm »
Sound.

No worries though, this thing will be awaiting your return. ;D
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #4556 on: Yesterday at 08:00:21 pm »
Here’s some analysis of the Gakpo incident from Dale Johnson, General Editor, ESPN FC.

“Referee Anthony Taylor identified it as a foul but signalled for play to continue as Areola had control of the ball.

However, Areola appeared to land slightly awkwardly and initially went down holding his ankle, with Gakpo checking on him. This is where the breakdown in communication happened; Areola wasn't looking at the referee as advantage was signalled.

Areola seems to believe that a free kick has been given in his favour, which appears to be obvious by the way he throws the ball forward with backspin preparing to kick long. However, Taylor played the advantage, so there was no free kick and Gakpo would have been within his rights to put the ball into the net.

Referee Anthony Taylor signals advantage as goalkeeper Alphonse Areola is on the ground holding his ankle. BBC
The referee retains the right to manage the match in the spirit of the game, and he felt that if he'd failed to make the goalkeeper aware of the advantage it wasn't fair for Gakpo to have that scoring chance -- so he blew the whistle to stop play before the Liverpool striker got to the ball. As there was no goal, there's nothing for the VAR to check or review.

It would have been avoided had Taylor just awarded the free kick, especially as the goalkeeper had gone down. It was the safer option. Also, if he had checked on Areola for a possible injury rather than retreating up the pitch it would have removed any ambiguity.

Taylor could also have just awarded the free kick at the point Areola tossed the ball forward, indicating no advantage. Instead, he allowed the medical staff to come on and check Areola and gave a dropped ball -- the correct restart if the referee has deemed play has only been stopped to allow treatment for an injury.

If feels like Taylor attempted to rectify his mistake by rewinding to what he should have done -- stopped play and addressed the possible injury to Areola.”

I agree with most of this apart from the nonsense that the referee felt that he had not communicated the advantage clearly to the keeper. Since when did this rule come in? If the referee feels that a player has misunderstood something then it’s ok for the referee to halt the game…..really???

The keeper clearly made a mistake but guess what…..play to the whistle and don’t assume anything. If the keeper assumes something then that is not the referee’s problem nor, in this case Gakpo’s.

There was no foul and if the referee thought there was then that’s problem number 1. Problem number 2 is the referee stopping play because he thought the keeper needed attention when the keeper wasn’t asking for it. The keeper got it wrong, the referee may have thought that the keeper misunderstood and if so then that’s poor refereeing and it leaves it wide open to do something similar in future.

In my opinion the referee panicked when he saw the keeper preparing for a free kick and so blew his whistle to protect the keeper. He then panicked again as he knew he had made a wrong decision and so he told the keeper to go down as he “needed” attention. The keeper was pulling up his socks and adjusting his shin pads to waste time and was in no distress. The decision cost us a goal and although it would have been a soft one that would have been the keeper’s fault.

Instead of all this bullshit of what the referee was thinking, why can’t we have a clear statement as to why the whistle was blown. We won’t as this would expose the incorrect decision. The best the referee could say is that he thought the keeper needed attention.

It’s bullshit and we all know it is.
#JFT97

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4557 on: Yesterday at 08:34:13 pm »
Here’s some analysis of the Gakpo incident from Dale Johnson, General Editor, ESPN FC.

“Referee Anthony Taylor identified it as a foul but signalled for play to continue as Areola had control of the ball.

However, Areola appeared to land slightly awkwardly and initially went down holding his ankle, with Gakpo checking on him. This is where the breakdown in communication happened; Areola wasn't looking at the referee as advantage was signalled.

Areola seems to believe that a free kick has been given in his favour, which appears to be obvious by the way he throws the ball forward with backspin preparing to kick long. However, Taylor played the advantage, so there was no free kick and Gakpo would have been within his rights to put the ball into the net.

Referee Anthony Taylor signals advantage as goalkeeper Alphonse Areola is on the ground holding his ankle. BBC
The referee retains the right to manage the match in the spirit of the game, and he felt that if he'd failed to make the goalkeeper aware of the advantage it wasn't fair for Gakpo to have that scoring chance -- so he blew the whistle to stop play before the Liverpool striker got to the ball. As there was no goal, there's nothing for the VAR to check or review.

It would have been avoided had Taylor just awarded the free kick, especially as the goalkeeper had gone down. It was the safer option. Also, if he had checked on Areola for a possible injury rather than retreating up the pitch it would have removed any ambiguity.

Taylor could also have just awarded the free kick at the point Areola tossed the ball forward, indicating no advantage. Instead, he allowed the medical staff to come on and check Areola and gave a dropped ball -- the correct restart if the referee has deemed play has only been stopped to allow treatment for an injury.

If feels like Taylor attempted to rectify his mistake by rewinding to what he should have done -- stopped play and addressed the possible injury to Areola.”

I agree with most of this apart from the nonsense that the referee felt that he had not communicated the advantage clearly to the keeper. Since when did this rule come in? If the referee feels that a player has misunderstood something then it’s ok for the referee to halt the game…..really???

The keeper clearly made a mistake but guess what…..play to the whistle and don’t assume anything. If the keeper assumes something then that is not the referee’s problem nor, in this case Gakpo’s.

There was no foul and if the referee thought there was then that’s problem number 1. Problem number 2 is the referee stopping play because he thought the keeper needed attention when the keeper wasn’t asking for it. The keeper got it wrong, the referee may have thought that the keeper misunderstood and if so then that’s poor refereeing and it leaves it wide open to do something similar in future.

In my opinion the referee panicked when he saw the keeper preparing for a free kick and so blew his whistle to protect the keeper. He then panicked again as he knew he had made a wrong decision and so he told the keeper to go down as he “needed” attention. The keeper was pulling up his socks and adjusting his shin pads to waste time and was in no distress. The decision cost us a goal and although it would have been a soft one that would have been the keeper’s fault.

Instead of all this bullshit of what the referee was thinking, why can’t we have a clear statement as to why the whistle was blown. We won’t as this would expose the incorrect decision. The best the referee could say is that he thought the keeper needed attention.

It’s bullshit and we all know it is.

Dale Johnson is a whopper.

Areola doesn't need to see the referee indicate advantage. The absence of the referee blowing his whistle tells him he hasn't been awarded a free kick. Johnson also completely ignores Taylor telling Areola to go to the floor.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #4558 on: Yesterday at 11:37:43 pm »
Dale Johnson is a whopper.

Areola doesn't need to see the referee indicate advantage. The absence of the referee blowing his whistle tells him he hasn't been awarded a free kick. Johnson also completely ignores Taylor telling Areola to go to the floor.

Also his line about Taylor allowing the medical staff to come on to the pitch is complete bollocks. He doesn't allow them on, he basically forces them to come on, because they had not intention of coming on as has been pointed out by rob1966 earlier in this thread with a screenshot showing West Ham's medical staff sitting on their bench.

Problem with Johnson is that he clearly has sources inside PGMOL, but too frequently he just takes what he has been told and runs with it no matter whether it makes sense or not. It's great having those kinds of sources or access to an organisation, but you still should take everything you hear with a pinch of salt and make up your own mind. It seems pretty obvious with Johnson, that he follows PGMOL's line of "reasoning" in 90 percent of the cases, which leads to him flip flopping in the same way as PGMOL, sometimes using the complete opposite argument to justify a non-call compared to the one he used a week or a month before to justify a call.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4559 on: Today at 12:19:09 am »
What a load of shite. There was no foul and no injury, just a goalkeeper fucking around.