Author Topic: UK GE and Local Elections, plus polls, and policy.  (Read 42649 times)

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Re: UK GE and Local Elections, plus polls, and policy.
« Reply #920 on: May 3, 2024, 10:34:48 am »
You give him to much credit, it happened because he is an actual idiot.
A full blown bad fucking dickhead of an idiot :D
I can't overstate how much I hate the idiotic c*nt.

I think I agree with redbyrdz.  He's actually a canny media genius.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #921 on: May 3, 2024, 10:44:02 am »
Although I don’t live in the SW anymore this is pretty significant, worst ever results for the Tories in Plymouth (Worse than 1995) they’ve only got 7 seats left. Basically Jonny Mercer is in huge trouble.

In my old neck of the woods looks like Lab are going to win the PCC election. Which means Cornwall which has 5 Tory mps currently - will probably have 3 Lab, 1 LD and 1 Con after the GE. The constituency which my parents still live in has never gone Labour but is predicted to do so, and looking at the results we have is likely.

If Labour are winning in the SW which is historically not a Labour area, they’re going to win a humongous majority.
« Last Edit: May 3, 2024, 10:49:01 am by cornishscouser92 »
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #922 on: May 3, 2024, 10:46:51 am »
You give him to much credit, it happened because he is an actual idiot.
A full blown bad fucking dickhead of an idiot :D
I can't overstate how much I hate the idiotic c*nt.

You don't have to John. We all know it.

The clown apparently fished into his bag and produced a letter with his name and address on it and asked if that cut the mustard. In other words he was flailing. I bet you it momentarily crossed his stupid mind to make a 'principled stand' against the requirement to produce I.D.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #923 on: May 3, 2024, 10:48:08 am »
Or he did it as a publicity stunt, he's so vain it's exactly what he would do.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #924 on: May 3, 2024, 10:48:33 am »
That Blackpool defeat is even worse the more you look at it.  The swing was 7% bigger than even the latest MRP polls. Polls which none of us really believed would come to fruition?
And that’s before you even start looking at the swing to deform as well.

The Britain elects (twitter) predictor had Lab to get 50% of the vote, so they've outperformed by 8%. Con were predicted for 30% and have underperformed by 12.5%. Their predictor had been bang on for all of the recent by elections.

Their overall predictor puts the Lab on 409 seats and the Tories on 151 seats. Looks more like the Yougov poll from the other day is absolutely bang on, basically as it stands they're struggling for the 100 seats let alone 150.

Nuneaton results today will give us another good indicator as to how big Labour's majority will be

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #925 on: May 3, 2024, 10:51:51 am »
Can't believe people are still doing the whole 4D Chess thing with Boris FFS, the man is an idiot who regularly does idiotic things and you're all in here trying to decipher his genius strategy ;D

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #926 on: May 3, 2024, 10:52:57 am »
Although I don’t live in the SW anymore this is pretty significant, worst ever results for the Tories in Plymouth (Worse than 1995) they’ve only got 7 seats left. Basically Jonny Mercer is in huge trouble.

In my old neck of the woods looks like Lab are going to win the PCC election. Which means Cornwall which has 5 Tory mps currently - will probably have 3 Lab, 1 LD and 1 Con. The constituency which my parents still live in has never gone Labour but is predicted to do so, and looking at the results we have is likely.

If Labour are winning in the SW which is historically not a Labour area, they’re going to win a humongous majority.

That would be interesting. Theres's a lot of poverty in Cornwall of course - I think it might be the poorest county in England - and it made a huge effort to destroy its own economy by voting for Brexit too. I think the Brexit vote is what turned traditionally Liberal seats into Tory ones at the last general election. It would be amazing if Labour emerged from third place, and no real history in the county, to win parliamentary seats later this year. It might be a sign too that people are prepared to come to their senses over Europe, particularly as it affects the export market in fish.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #927 on: May 3, 2024, 10:55:20 am »
I was laughing about this at first, but now I think he did it on purpose, to draw attention to "must bring ID" in his typical "likeable idiot" way and to get on the news on an election day.
Can't see how him acting like a incompetent idiot helps the Torys right now, a few years back maybe, right now it's all about trying to look competent.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #928 on: May 3, 2024, 10:59:27 am »
That would be interesting. Theres's a lot of poverty in Cornwall of course - I think it might be the poorest county in England - and it made a huge effort to destroy its own economy by voting for Brexit too. I think the Brexit vote is what turned traditionally Liberal seats into Tory ones at the last general election. It would be amazing if Labour emerged from third place, and no real history in the county, to win parliamentary seats later this year. It might be a sign too that people are prepared to come to their senses over Europe, particularly as it affects the export market in fish.

Yeah the poverty aspect always gets overlooked, because everyone on holiday says how lovely and scenic the county is. But the wages are shite, the housing is unaffordable and mostly bought by second home owners. There's a lot of old people - who mostly vote Tory.

Labour finished in second in 2019 in the Truro and Falmouth - Small majority to over turn (Big student area because of the uni and college) , Camborne and Redruth - another small ish majority (traditionally the most "working class" as it's got mining history) and St Austell and Newquay - sizeable majority (Lab have never taken this seat) so they're in a good place. They'll take those 3

Lib dems will take St Ives. North Cornwall - I think the Tories will hold on - he has a big majority and Lab/Lib Dem split the vote there.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #929 on: May 3, 2024, 11:00:59 am »
Can't see how him acting like a incompetent idiot helps the Torys right now, a few years back maybe, right now it's all about trying to look competent.

I doubt Johnson cares much about helping the Tories, he likely cares a lot more about helping himself as usual

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #930 on: May 3, 2024, 11:07:46 am »
Yeah the poverty aspect always gets overlooked, because everyone on holiday says how lovely and scenic the county is. But the wages are shite, the housing is unaffordable and mostly bought by second home owners. There's a lot of old people - who mostly vote Tory.

Labour finished in second in 2019 in the Truro and Falmouth - Small majority to over turn (Big student area because of the uni and college) , Camborne and Redruth - another small ish majority (traditionally the most "working class" as it's got mining history) and St Austell and Newquay - sizeable majority (Lab have never taken this seat) so they're in a good place. They'll take those 3

Lib dems will take St Ives. North Cornwall - I think the Tories will hold on - he has a big majority and Lab/Lib Dem split the vote there.

Apparently over 90% of Cornish fishermen voted Brexit. It’s clear from numerous sources however, that the majority now regret it.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #931 on: May 3, 2024, 11:09:46 am »
Labour have conceded defeat in tees valley mayoral election.

12.5% swing to labour so they will clean up in the general election
« Last Edit: May 3, 2024, 11:12:26 am by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #932 on: May 3, 2024, 11:10:57 am »
I doubt Johnson cares much about helping the Tories, he likely cares a lot more about helping himself as usual

He produced a video saying to vote for Jade their Liverpool Mayoral candidate. I remember thinking its weird he is backing a certain loser. 

Whats he upto?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #933 on: May 3, 2024, 11:14:23 am »
Yeah 100%. it's sad, it's always the most gullible who love the charlatans the most. always the people who say they've got no faith in our politicians who vote for the biggest con men around.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #934 on: May 3, 2024, 11:14:38 am »
Apparently over 90% of Cornish fishermen voted Brexit. It’s clear from numerous sources however, that the majority now regret it.

The fishing industry is probably most likely to affect the St Ives constituency as most of it is in Mousehole. Newlyn, Penzance.
Farming will affect it too, it's a pretty big industry in the county and they've been absolutely shafted by Brexit/Tories too.

Devon looks like it will remain mostly Tory unfortunately, apart from Plymouth and Exeter.
Torbay, Totnes, Torridge & W Devon, Tiverton & Honiton all have huge majorities, it'll be quite close but they'll hold on I think.

Rees-Mogg will lose in NE Somerset. Such a big LD vote for Lab to squeeze there.

Online Lisan Al Gaib

• Main Stander
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #935 on: May 3, 2024, 11:17:03 am »
Rumour being spread that Hall has beaten Khan in the London Mayor Election

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #936 on: May 3, 2024, 11:17:48 am »
Given that they don’t start counting votes until tomorrow, I’d suggest it’s just a rumour
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #937 on: May 3, 2024, 11:18:38 am »

Is that right Robin? I knew there was a majority for Brexit but had thought it was a bit more evenly split than that. I was told that people in the fishing industry who asked the question "How will it affect the catch?" tended to vote Brexit. Those who asked the question "How will we sell the catch?" leaned towards Remain.

Offline BarnsleyScouser

• Kopite
  • Best in the World
« Reply #938 on: May 3, 2024, 11:18:41 am »

I can't see that being the case at all.
If showing respect to the 96 and other victims of Hillsborough on the 15th is seen as unacceptable by other teams fans then I am glad I support Liverpool and understand some things are more important than football

Online koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #939 on: May 3, 2024, 11:22:59 am »
Labour conceding defeat in West Mids too. Blaming Muslims not turning out for them.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Online Lisan Al Gaib

• Main Stander
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #940 on: May 3, 2024, 11:23:27 am »
Given that they don’t start counting votes until tomorrow, I’d suggest it’s just a rumour

They're verifying the votes today though so may have a clue. The Tories are very confident and Labour not so much.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #941 on: May 3, 2024, 11:26:43 am »
How are people electing that (alleged) crook Houchen in the North East?
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #942 on: May 3, 2024, 11:30:28 am »

I'm not seeing any rumours. I am moving out of London in a few weeks permanently, so it won't bother me either way, but the only way Hall gets in is if its been a historically low turn out for Labour, with protest votes to LibDem and Greens thrown in

Online Lisan Al Gaib

• Main Stander
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #943 on: May 3, 2024, 11:36:10 am »
I'm not seeing any rumours. I am moving out of London in a few weeks permanently, so it won't bother me either way, but the only way Hall gets in is if its been a historically low turn out for Labour, with protest votes to LibDem and Greens thrown in

I think this is what's driving the rumours

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #944 on: May 3, 2024, 11:53:23 am »
Spread markets are implying Khan's odds at 1.1 has a 91% chance of winning, Hall is 8.6 or an 11% chance

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #945 on: May 3, 2024, 11:54:00 am »
How are people electing that (alleged) crook Houchen in the North East?

He's campaigned on an independent agenda and has a huge majority.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #946 on: May 3, 2024, 12:06:20 pm »
He's campaigned on an independent agenda and has a huge majority.

Are people unaware of the things he has (allegedly) done? Absolutely shocking tale.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Online RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #947 on: May 3, 2024, 12:11:39 pm »
Can't believe people are still doing the whole 4D Chess thing with Boris FFS, the man is an idiot who regularly does idiotic things and you're all in here trying to decipher his genius strategy ;D

He was smart enough to know a caricature of a buffoon would get voted into high office. The man isn't stupid, he's just a sociopath.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #948 on: May 3, 2024, 12:12:40 pm »
Labour sources in Birmingham are saying they believe the Conservative West Midlands mayor Andy Street is going to hold on to his post as Muslim voters turn away from the party over its stance on Gaza.

West Midlands is not counting until tomorrow, but one Labour source in the city said: "Street will win due to the Middle East, not because of his success in the West Midlands."

It’s thought many Muslim voters may have voted for independent candidate, Akhmed Yakoob, who some are saying could come third in some areas of the city.

Last week Yakoob, a lawyer, was joined by George Galloway on the campaign trail targeting disillusioned Muslim voters with a strong focus on Gaza.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #949 on: May 3, 2024, 12:13:56 pm »
Are people unaware of the things he has (allegedly) done? Absolutely shocking tale.
crooks are so hot right now. just look at galloway

Labour sources in Birmingham are saying they believe the Conservative West Midlands mayor Andy Street is going to hold on to his post as Muslim voters turn away from the party over its stance on Gaza.

West Midlands is not counting until tomorrow, but one Labour source in the city said: "Street will win due to the Middle East, not because of his success in the West Midlands."

It’s thought many Muslim voters may have voted for independent candidate, Akhmed Yakoob, who some are saying could come third in some areas of the city.

Last week Yakoob, a lawyer, was joined by George Galloway on the campaign trail targeting disillusioned Muslim voters with a strong focus on Gaza.

single issue voting a local mayoral election on foreign policy is an interesting tactic. seems like it may have helped the party who currently sets foreign policy to retain their mayor too. let's see how it works out for them.
« Last Edit: May 3, 2024, 12:16:29 pm by classycarra »

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #950 on: May 3, 2024, 12:15:14 pm »
The rumours seem to be coming from Hall's camp, they were the ones saying they were confident she had won, maybe setting herself up for a Trump style whinge fest if she doesn't

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #951 on: May 3, 2024, 12:17:17 pm »
He was smart enough to know a caricature of a buffoon would get voted into high office. The man isn't stupid, he's just a sociopath.
Johnson is not playing a buffoon, he is a buffoon. The problem is that there are enough idiots in the UK who willing vote for a buffoon into high office (at least for a while) because it amuses them to do so. Johnson as PM reflects the UK electorate. And my God, they had to take right kicking before they began to suspect that the Tories, perhaps, do not have their best interests at heart.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #952 on: May 3, 2024, 12:24:40 pm »
Street didn't just win on single issue voting.

He spent most of his time distancing himself from central government. He made sure that Sunak was nowhere near his campaign and spoke very well with people like Andy Burnham and other metro mayors.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #953 on: May 3, 2024, 12:32:03 pm »
Fucking bored of these fucking Corbynite c*nts popping up on all my streams with their childish fucking boring fucking shite.

Liebour.

Fucking grow up, you stupid c*nts.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #954 on: May 3, 2024, 12:35:40 pm »
Fucking bored of these fucking Corbynite c*nts popping up on all my streams with their childish fucking boring fucking shite.

Liebour.

I wonder how many of them know someone who's had to pay the bedroom tax, or has been actually shafted by the myriad Tory policies that have resulted in a massive increase in wealth inequality in this country.

Heaven forefend that someone actually compromises their ideals to implement a policy that will benefit people's lives. Let's all go on a demo instead.

Obviously more important that people can go to political meetings where everyone agrees with each other, but nothing actually every gets done.
« Last Edit: May 3, 2024, 12:38:17 pm by Gili Gulu »
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Online RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #955 on: May 3, 2024, 12:46:46 pm »

Liebour.

Not seen anything on my feed to be honest. But if it's stuff about Israel and the LBC Starmer interview I have seen then I don't think it's childish at all.

Thankfully it won't make a dent.

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #956 on: May 3, 2024, 12:47:24 pm »
The response to the Sheffield green party tickled me on Twitter the other week
« Last Edit: May 3, 2024, 12:50:26 pm by cornishscouser92 »

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #957 on: May 3, 2024, 12:56:29 pm »
The response to the Sheffield green party tickled me on Twitter the other week

The Japanese budget deficit is of very little interest to UK voters.  Id be surprised if any British party had a stance on it.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #958 on: May 3, 2024, 12:56:56 pm »
Tories getting battered in Swindon. Lab hold 41 and Con 15 - Which is 2 marginal seats for the GE.

In Grant Shapps' seat the Tories have lost 10 out of the 13 seats they were defending.

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #959 on: May 3, 2024, 12:58:40 pm »
The Japanese budget deficit is of very little interest to UK voters.  Id be surprised if any British party had a stance on it.

It was a very tongue in cheek response to Sheffield Greens becoming obsessed with Gaza for the local elections, rather than pot holes, bin collections etc.