Author Topic: Harvey Elliott (Harvey Daniel James Elliott)  (Read 597827 times)

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Harvey Elliott (Harvey Daniel James Elliott)
« Reply #5960 on: March 14, 2024, 04:34:03 pm »
Harvey's still eligible for the u21's for another tournament cycle. I'd much rather he plays with them than with Waistcoat.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #5961 on: March 14, 2024, 04:36:51 pm »
Harvey's still eligible for the u21's for another tournament cycle. I'd much rather he plays with them than with Waistcoat.

I dunno, I think he'd get less game time with the seniors, but would be better for the experience.  The u21s will flog him.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #5962 on: March 14, 2024, 05:05:10 pm »
I dunno, I think he'd get less game time with the seniors, but would be better for the experience.  The u21s will flog him.

Tuchel's bdsm nest?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5963 on: March 14, 2024, 06:18:53 pm »
https://twitter.com/WhoScored/status/1768282183217656175

Highest rated U21 players in the #UEL this season:

◎ 7.77 - Florian Wirtz
◎ 7.51 - Joćo Neves
◎ 7.14 - Harvey Elliott

Online cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5964 on: March 14, 2024, 06:33:58 pm »
Glad he didn't get a callup. Put him in a bacta tank for the next two weeks, please.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #5965 on: March 14, 2024, 06:40:14 pm »
Henderson over Elliot :lmao
:D

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5966 on: March 14, 2024, 06:49:31 pm »
Harsh omission from the England squad, he's been brilliant the last few weeks.

Still, at least Sir Gareth Waistcoat has offered Kalvin Phillips a personal apology for not selecting him.
Attacking mid and right wing england have quite a bit of depth though. Maddison, Bellingham, Palmer, Gallagehr, Foden, Saka. All either playing really well themselves and/or trusted quite a bit by Southgate. Always was going to be hard for him to get in.

Online Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5967 on: March 14, 2024, 06:52:42 pm »

Says a lot about Southgate that we'd rather our young players spent time under the tutelage of Lee fucking Carsley.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5968 on: March 14, 2024, 06:52:49 pm »
Attacking mid and right wing england have quite a bit of depth though. Maddison, Bellingham, Palmer, Gallagehr, Foden, Saka. All either playing really well themselves and/or trusted quite a bit by Southgate. Always was going to be hard for him to get in.

Yep i don't get how anyone can be shocked he isn't in, the position he would play for England is the one with the most depth in the squad and has similar age players playing on a just as high or higher level, as first choice players, ( Palmer, Foden, Bellingham) as you mention.

Think it will be easier for Jones to break through into the squad when its all said and done because he is more of an orthodox 8 and can even play as a 6 in a pivot.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5969 on: March 14, 2024, 06:54:03 pm »
Says a lot about Southgate that we'd rather our young players spent time under the tutelage of Lee fucking Carsley.

Lee Carsley looks a decent coach if you've managed to catch any of the games involving England u21s.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5970 on: March 14, 2024, 06:58:30 pm »
Yep i don't get how anyone can be shocked he isn't in, the position he would play for England is the one with the most depth in the squad and has similar age players playing on a just as high or higher level, as first choice players, ( Palmer, Foden, Bellingham) as you mention.

Think it will be easier for Jones to break through into the squad when its all said and done because he is more of an orthodox 8 and can even play as a 6 in a pivot.
Yeah think Jones would have been a certain call up. The choices for the 2 mids behind Bellingham are looking very weak. Only really Rice, Henderson and I guess Gallagher but that would seem quite attacking for Southgate. Wouldn't be surprised to see Gomez get minutes/a game in midfield

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #5971 on: March 14, 2024, 11:23:55 pm »
Yeah think Jones would have been a certain call up. The choices for the 2 mids behind Bellingham are looking very weak. Only really Rice, Henderson and I guess Gallagher but that would seem quite attacking for Southgate. Wouldn't be surprised to see Gomez get minutes/a game in midfield

I would pick Harvey ahead of Maddison, Henderson and even Gallagher. He works his socks off, positionally brilliant, brilliant technique and only 20. A forward thinking manager would see how important it would be to integrate someone like him early into the team. He plays like a mature head already and protects the ball brilliantly, can pick a pass and has a good left foot strike anywhere on the pitch. Fitness wise, he is exceptional given how many minutes he's played with no breaks and not looked off it at all. He has shown that he can make a difference off the bench and catch up very quickly to a games tempo. Southgate is playing far too safe when he has so much talent available to him.

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5972 on: March 14, 2024, 11:59:02 pm »
I would pick Harvey ahead of Maddison, Henderson and even Gallagher. He works his socks off, positionally brilliant, brilliant technique and only 20. A forward thinking manager would see how important it would be to integrate someone like him early into the team. He plays like a mature head already and protects the ball brilliantly, can pick a pass and has a good left foot strike anywhere on the pitch. Fitness wise, he is exceptional given how many minutes he's played with no breaks and not looked off it at all. He has shown that he can make a difference off the bench and catch up very quickly to a games tempo. Southgate is playing far too safe when he has so much talent available to him.

Maddison was on his way to being one of the best players in the league before his injury, and has had numerous seasons as one of the most creative players in the league... He has 7 assists in 17 games this season for example, he is a top player and a bit more advanced than Elliott due to his age.

Elliot over Gallagher and Henderson most certainly, but the issue is, his competition for the role he best suits are some of the best players in the English team and league.

Southgate is not playing it safe in this case, Foden Maddison Bellingham Palmer are enough number 10's for one squad, the squad needs a Jones far more than it does a Elliott at this current point in time.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5973 on: March 15, 2024, 03:06:30 am »
works for me. keep Harvey away from international games please.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #5974 on: March 15, 2024, 05:44:34 am »
Maddison was on his way to being one of the best players in the league before his injury, and has had numerous seasons as one of the most creative players in the league... He has 7 assists in 17 games this season for example, he is a top player and a bit more advanced than Elliott due to his age.

Elliot over Gallagher and Henderson most certainly, but the issue is, his competition for the role he best suits are some of the best players in the English team and league.

Southgate is not playing it safe in this case, Foden Maddison Bellingham Palmer are enough number 10's for one squad, the squad needs a Jones far more than it does a Elliott at this current point in time.

Dont disagree that Maddison is a good player but his numbers are from a no.10 slot. England has better no.10s in Bellingham, Foden, and Palmer. Maddison is not great off the ball, easily worse than any of the 3 mentioned and Harvey as well. Harvey, in that regard will be a much more useful selection than maddison, especially off the bench because he can play in either of the 3 positions behind the front man and do a good job and in a crunch fill in as a number 8. I just think in this England squad, Maddison doesnt offer quite as much as Harvey.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5975 on: March 15, 2024, 06:18:15 am »
Dont disagree that Maddison is a good player but his numbers are from a no.10 slot. England has better no.10s in Bellingham, Foden, and Palmer. Maddison is not great off the ball, easily worse than any of the 3 mentioned and Harvey as well. Harvey, in that regard will be a much more useful selection than maddison, especially off the bench because he can play in either of the 3 positions behind the front man and do a good job and in a crunch fill in as a number 8. I just think in this England squad, Maddison doesnt offer quite as much as Harvey.

If England need to score and want to replace one of the 3 attackers behind Kane to try and make it happen I’d of thought it makes a decent amount of sense to have Maddison over Elliot right now. If Southgate played a sole 6 with double 8s it’d be different but he basically plays a double pivot and Elliot probably doesn’t work there. Which leaves the atttack.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 08:50:20 am by Knight »

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #5976 on: March 15, 2024, 08:26:15 am »
Harvey has to be the fittest player in the squad.

Southgate leans on experience.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5977 on: March 15, 2024, 08:34:42 am »
He's better off being the main man with the U21s right now than being a bit part player for the main team

Without Palmer cramping his style he can run the show against... Erm... Azerbaijan and Luxembourg.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #5978 on: March 17, 2024, 06:19:25 pm »
Not his best cameo that one.

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5979 on: March 17, 2024, 06:19:50 pm »
Let down by more senior players today.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Online robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #5980 on: March 17, 2024, 06:22:23 pm »
Scored to give us 3-2 lead but that 'challenge' before they scored was just farcical, too soft there unfortunately.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #5981 on: March 17, 2024, 06:25:03 pm »
Difficult ball to deal with really, question is why were we set up so short at the back for a last minute corner.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #5982 on: March 17, 2024, 06:26:40 pm »
Difficult ball to deal with really, question is why were we set up so short at the back for a last minute corner.
So dont deal with it then, just get rid of it

Offline Bastion Of Invincibility

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5983 on: March 17, 2024, 06:27:15 pm »
Thought Mainoo for them showed what a top young prospect actually looks like.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #5984 on: March 17, 2024, 06:27:29 pm »
I think he's about the 15th person in line for any blame to be honest.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5985 on: March 17, 2024, 06:28:51 pm »
I think he's about the 15th person in line for any blame to be honest.

I agree. Harvey was the least of worries today.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5986 on: March 17, 2024, 06:29:46 pm »
He made a mistake for the goal but IMO he needs to start more. Added what we lacked: urgency

Scored a great goal- very clean strike.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5987 on: March 17, 2024, 06:29:48 pm »
Earlier in his time with us he was making those kinds of errors far too frequently but he's really come on leaps and bounds since then, so it's hard to be critical of one mistake, especially when we shouldn't have left ourselves short like that to begin with.

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5988 on: March 17, 2024, 06:30:20 pm »

Mainoo is a top prospect, but doesn't mean Elliott isn't one too.

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #5989 on: March 17, 2024, 06:30:36 pm »
He's been really excellent recently and scored what should have been the winner today if it wasn't for Nunez and him gifting them 2 goals.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #5990 on: March 17, 2024, 06:33:12 pm »

Elliot is leagues above, bizarre swipe that.
:D

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #5991 on: March 17, 2024, 06:37:17 pm »
Just too weak and slow for centre-mid unless we're completely dominating a game.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5992 on: March 17, 2024, 06:53:14 pm »
Excellent today and looks the best player in their team but look what our young players are doing, poor shout there I'm afraid.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5993 on: March 17, 2024, 06:54:06 pm »

what a clown.

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5994 on: March 17, 2024, 06:56:36 pm »
Thought he was the best of the subs by some way, but made a right mess with Endo that led to the fourth goal.
That's just one of those things for me.

The big problem for me was Gakpo, he was just generally very low energy, slow in his reactions, poor decision making and didn't work hard enough off the ball.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline shook

• not stirred
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5995 on: March 17, 2024, 06:57:20 pm »
Just too weak and slow for centre-mid unless we're completely dominating a game.

it's because he is a 10, he is a really good option however to have in a squad game, has won us 2-3 matches this year, I'd expect him to be pivotal in a couple more at least, he just cannot be used the way he was today, goal or not. Certain game situations are literally perfect for him, and opponents in those circumstances appear not to be able to counter him.

Online wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #5996 on: March 17, 2024, 07:00:10 pm »
Showed his age today. He was missing a little maturity for their fourth. I'll bet he doesn't do that again for a long time.

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5997 on: March 17, 2024, 07:06:49 pm »

;D

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5998 on: March 17, 2024, 07:33:02 pm »
This came up at Luton. It basically the same set up. The issue is turning the ball over there not the set up. You just cant turn it over there. Normally your smaller player cover deeper there.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #5999 on: March 17, 2024, 07:34:01 pm »
This came up at Luton. It basically the same set up. The issue is turning the ball over there not the set up. You just cant turn it over there. Normally your smaller player cover deeper there.

What set up guarantees you won’t turn it over?!