Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1053889 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #19240 on: March 13, 2024, 04:19:21 pm »
I'm wondering if it would be better to go Liverpool - Dublin by ferry then I'm already there on the Thursday instead of having to drive in on the day.

It's all conjecture at the moment cos we've got to get to the final before it becomes an issue. 

What I don't understand is that some ferries are showing as sold out even though I'll be a foot passenger 🤷

Actually that's a no go.  7.5hrs 😯 wtf!!

Yeah, the ferry to Ireland takes a third of a day, it's 4 hrs to the Isle Of Man.
Jurgen YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19241 on: March 13, 2024, 04:27:45 pm »
Yeah, the ferry to Ireland takes a third of a day, it's 4 hrs to the Isle Of Man.

Only 2 hours from Cairnryan to Larne. You have to drive on a road that literally never ends to get there though. :D

And then give yourself a long drive the other side too, so not very helpful.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19242 on: March 13, 2024, 04:34:08 pm »
If I'm driving into Liverpool from North Wales where do I head for to park up?  I've never come in that way before.

I had planned on being at my niece's in Mere Brow and getting the train in from Ormskirk for the parade but that's out of the question if I'm in Dublin for the final.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19243 on: March 13, 2024, 04:34:36 pm »
Where's your sense of adventure Debs

😂😂 Been there, done that 💪

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19244 on: March 13, 2024, 04:39:13 pm »
If I'm driving into Liverpool from North Wales where do I head for to park up?  I've never come in that way before.

I had planned on being at my niece's in Mere Brow and getting the train in from Ormskirk for the parade but that's out of the question if I'm in Dublin for the final.

Probably the Wirral if you are going back to Anglesey the same night, get the train or ferry over to town.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19245 on: March 13, 2024, 04:56:31 pm »
Probably the Wirral if you are going back to Anglesey the same night, get the train or ferry over to town.

Cheers Rob.

I'm not sure the logistics will work to do both goddammit!!

My niece and her family plus my daughter were planning on coming to Dublin so it might just have to be one or the other after all 😡

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19246 on: March 13, 2024, 07:54:27 pm »
We know there's going to be a parade at the end of the season, presumably on the Monday if we don't make the Europa League final but if we do when is it likely to be?

I want to be in Dublin for the final but also in Liverpool for the parade.  Will they hold it on the Thursday or wait till weekend?
If we're out of the EL & FA cups it will be Monday 20 May.
If we're only out of the FA cup it will be Thursday 23 May.
If we're in the final of the FA cup, irrespective of the EL or the PL it will be Sunday 26 or Monday 27 May.

All depends Debs.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19247 on: March 13, 2024, 08:22:52 pm »
If we're out of the EL & FA cups it will be Monday 20 May.
If we're only out of the FA cup it will be Thursday 23 May.
If we're in the final of the FA cup, irrespective of the EL or the PL it will be Sunday 26 or Monday 27 May.

All depends Debs.

Oh god I didn't realise the FA Cup was after Dublin 🤦

Thanks John, long way to go yet and now even longer than I thought 😂

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19248 on: March 13, 2024, 08:41:35 pm »
Oh god I didn't realise the FA Cup was after Dublin 🤦
Thanks John, long way to go yet and now even longer than I thought 😂
It's all been pencilled in my 2024 diary since December Debs  ;D

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19249 on: March 13, 2024, 09:18:19 pm »
It's all been pencilled in my 2024 diary since December Debs  ;D

I usually put the fixtures in my diary when they come out but never remember to do them in the new year when I change diaries....yes I do still use a proper diary 😁 I never think to put cup dates in though 🤦

I am thinking now though that it would be just as good to be in Liverpool for the EL final with the family and stay at theirs so I can get the train in for the parade the day after.

That's if we're not in the FA Cup final 😂

All this was planned with hotels booked for 3 different dates in 2020 as part of my 60th birthday celebrations, none of which happened so I'm determined this time 💪

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19250 on: March 15, 2024, 10:53:34 am »
does anyone know what that plane that was flying over L4 was about yesterday? seemed to be circling for hours, from like 5pm and I could still see it when I was walking home from the match.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19251 on: March 15, 2024, 11:48:05 am »
does anyone know what that plane that was flying over L4 was about yesterday? seemed to be circling for hours, from like 5pm and I could still see it when I was walking home from the match.

Yes, its the Police, its on Flightradar, reg G-POLW. Its a plane that took off from Nottingham and circles the ground before it flew back to Nottingham. I noticed it on Sunday coming out of the City game, I would think they use the plane instead of the helicopter these days as it can stay in the air a lot longer.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #19252 on: March 15, 2024, 11:52:02 am »
Yes, its the Police, its on Flightradar, reg G-POLW. Its a plane that took off from Nottingham and circles the ground before it flew back to Nottingham. I noticed it on Sunday coming out of the City game, I would think they use the plane instead of the helicopter these days as it can stay in the air a lot longer.

Wasn't your lad buzzing the tower?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19253 on: March 15, 2024, 11:52:47 am »
Wasn't your lad buzzing the tower?

He will be if he ever gets to fly Typhoons ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #19254 on: March 15, 2024, 11:53:20 am »
He will be if he ever gets to fly Typhoons ;D

;D

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19255 on: March 15, 2024, 12:01:32 pm »

cheers Rob, didn't notice it on Sunday but I'm glad they're not using the helicopter cos it's a pain in the arse. Can't remember what game it was but I was walking across Stanley Park and they had it flying low and felt like I was being pushed into the ground and could barely walk ;D says more about how pathetic I am but still, noisy fucking thing.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19256 on: March 15, 2024, 05:00:01 pm »
An unusual one went over this morning about 9.30, looked military.
Where do I find out anyone?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19257 on: March 15, 2024, 05:13:57 pm »
An unusual one went over this morning about 9.30, looked military.
Where do I find out anyone?

Have a look on Flightradar24, use the Playback option and wind it back to 9:30 am - IF the Transponder was switched on, not always will be on for Military aircraft, it'll show up.  Its how I found the Police Plane which flies over Anfield on matchdays now.

Did it look like this?

Its a C295 and a Czech air force one has just left JLA
Jurgen YNWA

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19258 on: March 15, 2024, 07:37:53 pm »
Did it look like this?
It was bulkier than that mate.
I'll have a look at that site sometime, ta.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19259 on: March 15, 2024, 09:15:32 pm »
It was bulkier than that mate.
I'll have a look at that site sometime, ta.

Got it, it was an RAF A400M Atlas flying from Brize Norton, it did a few laps of Liverpool then flew back to Brize Norton. If my lad gets accepted into the RAF, its his first choice to fly, or the Voyager, but the RAF pick what you fly, so he could end up on Typhoons or Helicopters.

Jurgen YNWA

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19260 on: March 16, 2024, 12:08:49 am »
That's it Rob mate.
Clearly visible and audibly noticeable over Tesco Allerton when I was packing me boot with the weekends ale :)

Nice one.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19261 on: March 16, 2024, 12:11:55 am »
Let us know when his RAF entrance exams or interviews are. We'll RAWK will his way through it all.

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #19262 on: March 16, 2024, 01:01:06 am »
Let us know when his RAF entrance exams or interviews are. We'll RAWK will his way through it all.

We have sharp and widespread flight tracking experience on these boards...

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19263 on: March 16, 2024, 11:22:13 am »

He's eligible to apply at 17 and a half, so its December 2025 when he gets his application in. With a lot of luck, he'll get accepted and not have to go the University Air Squadron route.

He's also applying to BA and TUI and I think he's toying with Emirates as well. He's 16 in June, so he'll do his first solo flight then, hopefully on his birthday itself.

Jurgen YNWA

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19264 on: March 18, 2024, 11:58:19 am »
A family member bought some concert tickets through experism.com for when they were in America on holiday late last year. The concert was postponed for March this year and obviously they won't be in America so can't make it.

Experism wont provide a refund and the tickets are digital (in google wallet). What is the best way to sell them? If possible at all?

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #19265 on: March 18, 2024, 12:16:11 pm »
A family member bought some concert tickets through experism.com for when they were in America on holiday late last year. The concert was postponed for March this year and obviously they won't be in America so can't make it.

Experism wont provide a refund and the tickets are digital (in google wallet). What is the best way to sell them? If possible at all?
eBay?

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19266 on: March 18, 2024, 01:07:03 pm »
eBay?
How do I send the electronic tickets though?

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19267 on: March 19, 2024, 10:00:26 am »
how did you get them? pdf in email?

you can sell on viagogo.

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19268 on: March 19, 2024, 11:37:46 am »
how did you get them? pdf in email?

you can sell on viagogo.
They were sent like digital file which adds them to your wallet on your phone.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19269 on: March 21, 2024, 08:03:15 am »
Does anyone know anything about the WASPI campaign that's been on the news this morning?

First I've heard about it yet I'm one of the effected but can't seem to find out if everyone will get compensation or just those who've claimed.

Even the calculator documents don't make sense.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19270 on: March 21, 2024, 10:10:59 am »
They were sent like digital file which adds them to your wallet on your phone.

okay, well, you put them for sale and then you forward that file to the person you've sold it to.

Online AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #19271 on: March 21, 2024, 01:13:33 pm »
He's eligible to apply at 17 and a half, so its December 2025 when he gets his application in. With a lot of luck, he'll get accepted and not have to go the University Air Squadron route.

He's also applying to BA and TUI and I think he's toying with Emirates as well. He's 16 in June, so he'll do his first solo flight then, hopefully on his birthday itself.

Is he applying for Cranwell or NCO aircrew. I went through Cranwell in 92.

Edit, I guess if you are looking at Typhpoons it must be the Cranwell route. Good luck to him.

My 8 person flight at Cranwell was made of 2 graduates, 2 NCO's getting commissioned, two students from foreign air forces (Oman) and 2 kids straight from school. He should have every chance of getting in even if he will be a bit young.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 01:18:37 pm by AndyInVA »

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19272 on: March 21, 2024, 02:36:59 pm »
Is he applying for Cranwell or NCO aircrew. I went through Cranwell in 92.

Edit, I guess if you are looking at Typhpoons it must be the Cranwell route. Good luck to him.

My 8 person flight at Cranwell was made of 2 graduates, 2 NCO's getting commissioned, two students from foreign air forces (Oman) and 2 kids straight from school. He should have every chance of getting in even if he will be a bit young.

Yeah as you edited, he's looking at Cranwell. His preference was the multi engined, Voyager as its the A330 so he'll be rated on that for airlines or the Atlas A400M. He had a week at Conningsby last summer and the Typhoons turned his head, seeing them in and out all day and chatting to a pilot or two. He's supposed to be flying up to Lossiemouth with a group his instructor hangs with to hang out with the Typhoon lads based up there this summer too.
Jurgen YNWA

Online AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #19273 on: March 21, 2024, 06:26:11 pm »
Yeah as you edited, he's looking at Cranwell. His preference was the multi engined, Voyager as its the A330 so he'll be rated on that for airlines or the Atlas A400M. He had a week at Conningsby last summer and the Typhoons turned his head, seeing them in and out all day and chatting to a pilot or two. He's supposed to be flying up to Lossiemouth with a group his instructor hangs with to hang out with the Typhoon lads based up there this summer too.

Spending time at Lossie at a front line fighter base will be a fantastic experience. All the multi engine pilots I knew always said it was the most fun they had, including ex fighter jocks that had down graded to slower fatter planes. There is lots of real world flights with UN type missions and then the guys who supported the SF had some pretty fun experiences. RAF is what you make it. I failed my professional course (Air Tragic) and basically got made redundant but was able to transfer my commision as I had a structural engineering degree and was able to go straight into Royal Engineers. Military when you are young is a great experience and I am glad you are right behind him supporting him.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19274 on: March 22, 2024, 04:45:48 pm »
I suffered a calf strain/tear a couple of weeks ago and the inability to run on the tredmill is driving me mad. I can run now but i feel some tightness in my calf still and all protocols seem to indicate that two weeks is too early.

Are there any other pieces of kit i can use? Someone mentioned the cross trainer but that seemed to work the calves as well. Cant do cycling so is it just the rowing machine?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19275 on: March 22, 2024, 04:50:20 pm »
I suffered a calf strain/tear a couple of weeks ago and the inability to run on the tredmill is driving me mad. I can run now but i feel some tightness in my calf still and all protocols seem to indicate that two weeks is too early.

Are there any other pieces of kit i can use? Someone mentioned the cross trainer but that seemed to work the calves as well. Cant do cycling so is it just the rowing machine?

Try the pool, either swimming front crawl or just running lengths in the water.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19276 on: March 22, 2024, 04:58:15 pm »
But don't do what I did when I was rehabbing my ankle & jump into the shallow end  :-\
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #19277 on: March 23, 2024, 09:21:14 am »
Yeah there’s no better rehab than swimming. Exercises all muscle groups, builds your aerobic capacity and doesn’t have the same joint pressure as other forms of exercise. The cross trainer can be good but there is still some resistance on the ankle.

I had my knee rebuilt a few years back after football had worn it out; I enjoyed the swimming part of rehab far more than any of the other bits so have carried it on and use it to supplement my running training.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19278 on: March 23, 2024, 06:31:55 pm »
When you buy a used car (private sale) should the tax status automatically update?
Order new logbook yesterday. Shows date last V5C issued 22nd March 24. But still shows the car is taxed until 1st March 25?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19279 on: March 23, 2024, 07:13:55 pm »
When you buy a used car (private sale) should the tax status automatically update?
Order new logbook yesterday. Shows date last V5C issued 22nd March 24. But still shows the car is taxed until 1st March 25?

You cannot transfer road tax when a car is sold, so you'll need to tax the car yourself and the previous owner will get a refund, so either the previous owner has yet to contact DVLA or their systems are a bit slow at updating.
Jurgen YNWA